Treloar bombshell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

johnearljames
Club Player

Treloar bombshell

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Treloar bombshell

Brutal

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Geeez I hope not

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Looks like Pies have buggered that up completely. Back ended a deal and then told the player they don’t want him. Good luck with that.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

This is madness by Collingwood. Who the fvck is running list management down there?

They’re bordering on criminally negligent. First they extend Treloar for 5 years and the they sign Grundy for 7 years on $1M pa.

All with the knowledge that they had De Goey and Moore up at the end of this season wanting huge coin. They’re just lucky JDG had an average season and has a court matter to deal with otherwise it’s clear they’d not be able to pay the $1M pa long term deal he would’ve wanted if he’d had a season like Petracca.

This is the most outrageously poor list management since St K paid 1/4 of its list 75% of the salary cap in 2011.

Go you red, black & white warriors
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Even with the filth picking up the reported $200k.....

I'll be arsed if he's worth us paying $700k per year when his current deal is being reported as $650,$800, $900 & $900 over the next four years.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Having "hard to coach" on your CV isn't ideal

CarlD
Club Player

Taking a leaf out of the Essendon book and running with the character assassination angle. Not sure how that will help the Maggies when it comes to negotiating his exit.

On the playing front Treloar does butcher the ball quite a bit.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Can't win when you're carrying blokes on $$ who turn it over. Read into that as you will.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, he’s going to come to St Kilda while his wife and child are up in Queensland...

Bookmark it!

:lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

He has more injury concerns than Crouch to be honest.

Repeated hamstrings across several years.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:17am Yep, he’s going to come to St Kilda while his wife and child are up in Queensland...

Bookmark it!

:lol:
Take it to the bank!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rocket
Club Player

The pressure to hold onto De Goey has caused this one.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 11:26pm Having "hard to coach" on your CV isn't ideal
True indeed but, that's got "leak by Collingwood" written all over it. They clearly want him out - which is flat-out disgraceful given they extended him by 4 years only last year ... but, don't want the blood on their hands and want Adam to walk.

Pies fans are absolutely going postal about it. They love Treloar.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Rocket wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:47am The pressure to hold onto De Goey has caused this one.
Ummm - nope. It's a combination of things - not just De Goey. It started with extending Treloar by 5 years on $900K pa; Signing Grundy to a $1Mpa / 7 year deal that doesn't even start until 2021; Moore having to be re-signed and then as you point out ... De Goey. And to think they didn't see thing coming ... staggering list management.

And overshadowing all of this is that they're still paying Dane Beams MkII.

Faaaarrrrk

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I hope he refuses any deals, leaving the Pies to pay him and play him OR just pay him. I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to make things easy for them.

Isn't it interesting that Buckley has had a few who are apparently "hard to coach"?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:16am
Rocket wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 9:47am The pressure to hold onto De Goey has caused this one.
Ummm - nope. It's a combination of things - not just De Goey. It started with extending Treloar by 5 years on $900K pa; Signing Grundy to a $1Mpa / 7 year deal that doesn't even start until 2021; Moore having to be re-signed and then as you point out ... De Goey. And to think they didn't see thing coming ... staggering list management.

Faaaarrrrk
They should have held on to Balme rather than have the Aussie Post chick dish out the player bonuses.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:12am
Vortex wrote: Mon 26 Oct 2020 11:26pm Having "hard to coach" on your CV isn't ideal
True indeed but, that's got "leak by Collingwood" written all over it. They clearly want him out - which is flat-out disgraceful given they extended him by 4 years only last year ... but, don't want the blood on their hands and want Adam to walk.

Or leaked by Teloar?

This is such a facinating yarn unfolding before us.

Treloar has a working relationship with the Fox Footy team and I'm wondering what stands to be gained by either side running this dispute out in the open, clearly Treloar has given fox footy permission to run the "difficult to coach" claim.

But why?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:19am
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:16am

Faaaarrrrk
They should have held on to Balme rather than have the Aussie Post chick dish out the player bonuses.
You do know she's on their board yeah? https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/club/b ... ne-holgate

You couldn't make it up if you tried ...

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the wobblers are wobbling
... thats good , isn’t it.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:24am
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 10:12am

Or leaked by Teloar?

This is such a facinating yarn unfolding before us.

Treloar has a working relationship with the Fox Footy team and I'm wondering what stands to be gained by either side running this dispute out in the open, clearly Treloar has given fox footy permission to run the "difficult to coach" claim.

But why?
That's also a possibility but it was mentioned on SEN yesterday when Matt Rendell was on. Tom Morris only picked it up last evening and wrote on the FoxSports website. In terms of a timeline - I couldn't help but think that Rendell might've been pumping out some Pies propaganda - he doesn't at all seem p!ssed that the Pies let him go. Your proposition could equally be right but, I can't think why a player would want it widely publicised that he's hard to coach.

You're right about the fascinating part - there's no winner here. Treloar loves Collingwood; their fans love him (despite being Seb Ross-like by foot); Pies list management reputation is in tatters; their salary cap balance is all out of whack; they'll prob lose their most consistent forward (Mihocek) out of this; and the Pies will probably have to pay a min of his $200K of Treloar's wage NOT to play for them. And they're still paying Beams.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Treloar is a very fine AFL player.

I think his poor reputation by foot is over blown as he wins a lot of clearances and hard ball and also delivers the ball at top speed regularly. He is very much an A grade version of Zac Jones IMO.

I'd love to get Treloar to the club but can't see how he is worth that sort of money.
My speculation is Collingwood would need to pay 1/3 of his wage and we'd need Hannebery to retire.

Only those in the inner sanctom would know, but the hard to coach line has now surfaced after him being in the system what 9 years? Sounds a little odd and Buckley like to me.

I for one would love to see him a Saint but can't see how it happens.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sanctorum
Club Player

If Treloar's partner is going to move to Brisbane it is hard to know how that will affect his performance in 2021, because he will be separated from a new-born daughter that he obviously adores and shares parenting for, and the Super Netball season normally runs from May to end August.

He's between a rock and a hard place and you have to wonder if this is the reason Collingwood are showing him a cold shoulder, wouldn't put it past them!

Complicating matters further, if he goes to the GC Suns their base on the Gold Coast is not ideal either because the Firebirds are based in Brisbane.

They'll be wishing that the AFL was like English football where it is possible for players to be leased to other teams.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:11am Treloar is a very fine AFL player.

I think his poor reputation by foot is over blown as he wins a lot of clearances and hard ball and also delivers the ball at top speed regularly. He is very much an A grade version of Zac Jones IMO.

I'd love to get Treloar to the club but can't see how he is worth that sort of money.
My speculation is Collingwood would need to pay 1/3 of his wage and we'd need Hannebery to retire.

Only those in the inner sanctom would know, but the hard to coach line has now surfaced after him being in the system what 9 years? Sounds a little odd and Buckley like to me.

I for one would love to see him a Saint but can't see how it happens.
Like everyone but the very, very elite I guess but, Adam is by any measure - not a great kick. Yes - it's often at full pace but - that's his job and it lets him down. Pies fans love him because he's fully invested and is a total pro. All you need to know is to check whom kicked it McGovern that started the last play in the 2018 GF. It almost cost them exactly the same way in the 2020 EF when he didn't make the distance from 40m and the ball bounced back to McGovern ... luckily for them, Adams' tackle saved his blushes again.

I can't see how we'd get Treloar anyway - Pies want big salary cap relief and a good pick or two. Even if the Pies paid $200Kpa for the rest of his 5 years ... that's another 5 years at $700Kpa for a guy with hammy troubles who's 28 in March next year. Great observation re: Zac Jones - like Zac - if Adam was to lose his pace - he wouldn't have many weapons left

stkfc1
Club Player

What a shambles. Couldn't happen to a better club...maybe Dopers.