Naughton / Wallis

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Naughton / Wallis

minneapolis wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 3:06am
SaintPav wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:08pm Never take injured players into a cut throat elimination final.

Amateur hour.
I wonder if The Dogs will do that.
I hope so.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Hiyouall

Both will play and they should be fine.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:15pm
saynta wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 6:12pm
bangaulegend wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 6:09pm
saynta wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 6:02pm
bangaulegend wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 5:41pm
saynta wrote: Thu 24 Sep 2020 11:21am
bangaulegend wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 10:24pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 7:42pm
Mr Magic wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 7:10pm
saynta wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:56pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:53pm
SaintPav wrote: Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:08pm Never take injured players into a cut throat elimination final.

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.
yep and I was there. Also,f****** disgusted with that snipping prick who ended up at the hawks but didn't fire a shot against the Swine, or was it the dees. My memory is failing me.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

I remember saying to my mates at the game that he should never be allowed to don a saints jumper again, but on reflection he probably had already departed the saints in his mind🤨 and knew he was headed to the Dorks.
f****** sniper as a footballer and a very ordinary human being. IMHFO, that is.🤨🤨🤨

It was the Swans. Just realised one of my mates went with me because he was a swans supporter.😳😳
I grew up on a farm in northern Victoria . Brents grandparents were our neighbours his father was like my older brother & a Saints fan (thanks to my Oldman) .He actually just rang me last night for a chat . Not only do I find your comments offensive I think they are ill-informed. If you don't think that the club didn't want him to play that role you have your head up your arse & when he went to Hawthorn & was given a role that actually suited his game how well did he do !! I reckon 2 Premierships is a pretty good effort for bloke who was delisted :wink:
I could not give a fat rats for your fairy tale relationships or your opinions. Guerra was a thug and a sniper who squibbed it in his last game in Saints colours. Do you even know the game I am talking about. Of course you don't. You should watch it before opening your mouth again. That way you won't make foolish comments. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think you should be the one to think before you open your mouth because I think your full of it & you are the fool :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I said you opinion means f*** all to me. You are lucky I'm not reporting you . I don't believe for one minute your story but Guerra is till a sniper and a thug.

One of only two players I was more than happy to see the arse end of, Now if you could follow suit.....
What & you I think 2 knobs of goat s*** about yours :? spare me FFS & report me I don't give a toss. How many games of AFL did you play champ & how many Premierships did you win ? Yeah Hero go run to the Mods you f----ing sook
Nah, couldn't be f***ed. You are not worth it and Guerra was still sniper who squibbed it in his last game for the saints🤭🤭🤭🤭
I thought Guerra was a very good player. OK with Saints and very good with Hawks.

So in your view he was a squib with the Saints. Do you think he become a sniper after he went to the Hawks or was he a sniper as well at the Saints? Was he also a squib when he was at the Hawks? Did he show any of these squibbing/ sniping/thuggish traits when at Port? Just interested.

I liked him as a player.
I will pm you with my reasons so as not to risk another ban. :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.
yep and I was there. Also,f****** disgusted with that snipping prick who ended up at the hawks but didn't fire a shot against the Swine, or was it the dees. My memory is failing me.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

I remember saying to my mates at the game that he should never be allowed to don a saints jumper again, but on reflection he probably had already departed the saints in his mind🤨 and knew he was headed to the Dorks.
f****** sniper as a footballer and a very ordinary human being. IMHFO, that is.🤨🤨🤨

It was the Swans. Just realised one of my mates went with me because he was a swans supporter.😳😳
I grew up on a farm in northern Victoria . Brents grandparents were our neighbours his father was like my older brother & a Saints fan (thanks to my Oldman) .He actually just rang me last night for a chat . Not only do I find your comments offensive I think they are ill-informed. If you don't think that the club didn't want him to play that role you have your head up your arse & when he went to Hawthorn & was given a role that actually suited his game how well did he do !! I reckon 2 Premierships is a pretty good effort for bloke who was delisted :wink:
Brent was coached by the genius GT why am I not surprised a great coach at Hawks got the best of him while a “corporate man manager” like Thomas stuffed him up??
He cost us flags Thomas I’ll never forget that...

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D
we remember also

sacking him
cost us flags
i remember

koolaider out

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 11:52am

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

Brent was coached by the genius GT why am I not surprised a great coach at Hawks got the best of him while a “corporate man manager” like Thomas stuffed him up??
You didn't watch Matt Rendall then? He reckons that Thomas was the best coach he ever worked with and that sacking him cost the saints two or three flags. I agree with Rendall and I think he would have more of a clue than any sensational poster. I personally will never forget that that flog Ross the tosser really did cost of two flags. But hey, we can agree to disagree. :wink:

stkfc1
Club Player

'AstroNaught' cleared for take-off, Dogs brace for physical test - https://www.afl.com.au/news/511019

Sounds like they'll play.

If youre going to play them injured we'll need B. Long to test Wallis shoulder out and Howard to give AN a cheek tickler in a spoiling attempt, just to be certain they're fit to play the whole game out.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 12:17pm

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

You didn't watch Matt Rendall then? He reckons that Thomas was the best coach he ever worked with and that sacking him cost the saints two or three flags. I agree with Rendall and I think he would have more of a clue than any sensational poster. I personally will never forget that that flog Ross the tosser really did cost of two flags. But hey, we can agree to disagree. :wink:
I've not watched the other AFL teams that have been coached by the best coach Rendell has ever worked with. Can't believe I've missed them and I've watched a lot of footy since 2005. Cannot figure out why I've missed them 🤔

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 1:19pm

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

I've not watched the other AFL teams that have been coached by the best coach Rendell has ever worked with. Can't believe I've missed them and I've watched a lot of footy since 2005. Cannot figure out why I've missed them 🤔

Being a good coach and being employable are two different things.

Think GT was a very very good coach. The way his tenure ended at the Saints and his subsequent roles in the media make it very hard for another club to employee him, not that I think he was interested anyway.

This sort of logic is similar to saying Harvey wasn't a great because he didn't win a flag or Liam Jurrah couldn't play footy at an AFL standard because his career didn't continue.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 1:28pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 1:19pm

Amateur hour.
See St Kilda 2006.

🤔🤔
Guerra?
Yep, that's the prick.

Being a good coach and being employable are two different things.

Think GT was a very very good coach. The way his tenure ended at the Saints and his subsequent roles in the media make it very hard for another club to employee him, not that I think he was interested anyway.

This sort of logic is similar to saying Harvey wasn't a great because he didn't win a flag or Liam Jurrah couldn't play footy at an AFL standard because his career didn't continue.
Well said mate.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Well we think differently nostalgic, which is ok, I do not think he was a good coach. He got the job under false pretences, no self respecting, professional organisation would have allowed what Butterrs green lighted - he's a fraud. A passionately St Kilda fraud but still a fraud. He had at his finger tips a list gifted by Watson's incompetence and Blight's drawing power. Rendell and Burke were the true coaches, Thomas was the front, something he was born with plenty of.

Logic, as you describe it, is nothing close to what I alluded to. If St Kilda let Harvey go after 5 years, he would have been snapped up the following season by every single club. You are right, Thomas was unemployable but for more reasons than his mouth.

Just one of the age old arguments...

Fishing or Golf
Phuket or Bali
Thomas or Lyon

Let's hope the next argument is about the better Premiership coach, Jeans or Ratten.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Anyone remember who else was in the frame to coach us in 2002?

They apparently were the successful applicant but Thomo got the gig.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 2:32pm Well we think differently nostalgic, which is ok, I do not think he was a good coach. He got the job under false pretences, no self respecting, professional organisation would have allowed what Butterrs green lighted - he's a fraud. A passionately St Kilda fraud but still a fraud. He had at his finger tips a list gifted by Watson's incompetence and Blight's drawing power. Rendell and Burke were the true coaches, Thomas was the front, something he was born with plenty of.

Logic, as you describe it, is nothing close to what I alluded to. If St Kilda let Harvey go after 5 years, he would have been snapped up the following season by every single club. You are right, Thomas was unemployable but for more reasons than his mouth.

Just one of the age old arguments...

Fishing or Golf
Phuket or Bali
Thomas or Lyon

Let's hope the next argument is about the better Premiership coach, Jeans or Ratten.
Good bull story but absolutely not true according to a couple of players I know and of course not what Matt Rendall said to Mike Sheehan last monday night.

Fishing or Golf...Neither. Very selfish sports and added to that Fishermen are actually disgusting killers to boot. Leave the f****** fish alone ffs
Phuket or Bali. Neither. Both dumps and tourist rip offs. Much prefer Figi and Hawaii
Thomas or Lyon. Thomas by the length of the Flemington straight. THE tosser tells lies as well as being a failed coach. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

All good saynta, I'm unsure of the part of the story that's bull but that is each person's perception and belief, as are their past times, holiday choices & coaching preferences.

I do know Thomas from his time at Old Xavs, there's a very good reason he got the lemon & sars, this followed him to Warrnambool & I'd be surprised if it was addressed at St Kilda.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 3:47pm All good saynta, I'm unsure of the part of the story that's bull but that is each person's perception and belief, as are their past times, holiday choices & coaching preferences.

I do know Thomas from his time at Old Xavs, there's a very good reason he got the lemon & sars, this followed him to Warrnambool & I'd be surprised if it was addressed at St Kilda.
No comment mate apart from saying I don't know what you are inferring and care even less. People who know him seem to like him. :roll:

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 4:01pm
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 3:47pm All good saynta, I'm unsure of the part of the story that's bull but that is each person's perception and belief, as are their past times, holiday choices & coaching preferences.

No comment mate apart from saying I don't know what you are inferring and care even less. People who know him seem to like him. :roll:
Plenty more that know him don't but whether you fish or golf, enjoy your time doing it. If neither, enjoy your time on Saintsational. 👍

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 5:25pm

Plenty more that know him don't but whether you fish or golf, enjoy your time doing it. If neither, enjoy your time on Saintsational. 👍

I don't fish or golf for the reasons stated above. Gym junkie with a love of gardening .

Thomas was exceptional in that he used to come on here and talk to the members on a regular basis and the players loved him, unlike the turd who retired 6 players after the last game he coached and failed to tell any of them beforehand.

I am not really interested in hearing any negative comments about Grant as he has done more for the team I love than any of us here on this forum. :D :wink:
:wink: :wink:
Of the saints coaches in my lifetime I only rate 4 of them.

Jeans,
Thomas
Sheldon
Alves
And am hoping that very new one in Ratten tops them all. 8-) 8-)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 2:47pm Anyone remember who else was in the frame to coach us in 2002?

They apparently were the successful applicant but Thomo got the gig.
Chris Connelly?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 6:29pm

I don't fish or golf for the reasons stated above. Gym junkie with a love of gardening .

Thomas was exceptional in that he used to come on here and talk to the members on a regular basis and the players loved him, unlike the turd who retired 6 players after the last game he coached and failed to tell any of them beforehand.

I am not really interested in hearing any negative comments about Grant as he has done more for the team I love than any of us here on this forum. :D :wink:

Jeans,
Thomas
Sheldon
Alves
WOW saynta, congrats on your enjoyments, both noble but neither everyone's cup of tea. I understand now why you don't you don't enjoy anyone speaking ill of Thomas but I'd strenuously argue that many on here have literally and actually done more for the StK, financially and emotionally than Thomas. Those will continue to contribute, I know Thomas will not.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 7:35pm

Jeans,
Thomas
Sheldon
Alves
WOW saynta, congrats on your enjoyments, both noble but neither everyone's cup of tea. I understand now why you don't you don't enjoy anyone speaking ill of Thomas but I'd strenuously argue that many on here have literally and actually done more for the StK, financially and emotionally than Thomas. Those will continue to contribute, I know Thomas will not.
Oh ok. Can you list the saintsational members who have played for the saints, held an admin position with them and then went on to coach the side. I am impressed we have so many illustrious forumities.That fact must have flown under my radar.

I have been a member for more years than I want to count and have contributed thousands to the club but I don't believe that holds a candle to Grants input.

😇😇😇😉

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 7:45pm

Jeans,
Thomas
Sheldon
Alves
Oh ok. Can you list the saintsational members who have played for the saints, held an admin position with them and then went on to coach the side. I am impressed we have so many illustrious forumities.That fact must have flown under my radar.

I have been a member for more years than I want to count and have contributed thousands to the club but I don't believe that holds a candle to Grants input.

😇😇😇😉
Why would I need to do any of that saynta? Do people need to have been paid by the club to contribute? Such a stupid argument and one that actually proves the point about Thomas & his "interest" with St Kilda.

We do it without the paid connection, I'm to be convinced Grant does.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 8:08pm
saynta wrote: Sat 26 Sep 2020 7:45pm

Jeans,
Thomas
Sheldon
Alves

😇😇😇😉
Why would I need to do any of that saynta? Do people need to have been paid by the club to contribute? Such a stupid argument and one that actually proves the point about Thomas & his "interest" with St Kilda.

We do it without the paid connection, I'm to be convinced Grant does.
You just made my argument. :wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

clearly Ratts
two on the trot
with a threepeat in the offing

thanx Jeansie but Ratts is G.O.D.

Special
Club Player

So are both Norton 360 and Wallis playing?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

at least our finals form against them is solid

‘09 Prelim
‘10 Prelim

adding ‘20 Elim to that list will be good