What is up with Jake Carlisle?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: What is up with Jake Carlisle?

Carlisle's partner - until Gears' - didn't elect to come up to the hub and hence, the coaching panel are now playing the back 6 combination that will have to learn to play together in the finals. It's pretty simple. They're using these games as the practice/learning time for that.

The other edge of the sword is that having Jake in the team may actually help us qualify for the finals.

Go you red, black & white warriors
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 3:33pm Carlisle's partner - until Gears' - didn't elect to come up to the hub and hence, the coaching panel are now playing the back 6 combination that will have to learn to play together in the finals. It's pretty simple. They're using these games as the practice/learning time for that.

The other edge of the sword is that having Jake in the team may actually help us qualify for the finals.
Crazy plan if so.

These are not practice games. I am disgusted if that is indeed the philosophy being used. It’s four points on the line.

Appalled.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 3:19pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 12:05pm Or he is guessing like everyone else.

Perfect example of how easy it is to have a poor reputation follow you.
Maybe.
But I was kinda thinking along the lines of, watches loads of footy, played loads, and coached...including watching his watchers not give enough....

Remember Barry Hall and the pudding bowl.
Also an essendon man which would skew his views on Carlisle and the network of people who provide feedback.

If he was vague even more chance it is a guess.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 3:47pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 3:33pm Carlisle's partner - until Gears' - didn't elect to come up to the hub and hence, the coaching panel are now playing the back 6 combination that will have to learn to play together in the finals. It's pretty simple. They're using these games as the practice/learning time for that.

Crazy plan if so.

These are not practice games. I am disgusted if that is indeed the philosophy being used. It’s four points on the line.

Appalled.
pretty common to try and settle on your best side for finals.

Some in here seem to question if he is in it which should make it less disgusting.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

If this were true then I like the coaching staff's confindence. Resting players well before you've secured a finals birth makes complete sence for the Asterisk cup but if this we were full strength comp I'd say if Jake was available he'd be selected without doubt to help the club get to the finals first.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Crazy plan if so.

Appalled.
I don't think it's crazy at all. It's completely logical to want continuity for when it counts.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Gershwin
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 10 Sep 2020 6:19pm

Crazy plan if so.

Appalled.
I don't think it's crazy at all. It's completely logical to want continuity for when it counts.
Continuity is impossible to plan for. Players get injured all the time. Play the best side to get the 4 points - particularly this game. Carlisle in for mine.

summertime and the living is easy ........
JR23
Club Player

If Carlisle played tonight we win easily. Now we will rely on eagles injuries to get us over the line. Its half time and not sure we win. Well done selection committee another win for you over common sense

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Crazy plan if so.

Appalled.
Not enough talls in the backline tonight. plain as day

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

If I was Jake I would have my manager ship me around now. Why would he want to stay with us if another option was out there