Changes for the West Coast game!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Changes for the West Coast game!!!!!

West Coast making 5 changes. Adam Simpson has made no secret about how he's approaching this season. Eagles are making at least 5 changes.

Clearly he's got his eye on 2021. We should win this match easily.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 09 Sep 2020 3:49pm West Coast making 5 changes. Adam Simpson has made no secret about how he's approaching this season. Eagles are making at least 5 changes.

Dom Sheed is a huge out, now missing Yeo Shuey and Sheed. Clearly 3 of their best 5 midfielders

Redden has been in pretty good form as well

Must be a question on McGovern his thumb looked very painful. I guess he has to play as there is not enough time left for him to recover properly (jab jab jab) so no point in managing him out

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
johnearljames
Club Player

Said it before, West Coast should take this game off and load up for North in the last game. It looks like its the case.

Even if we beat the Eagles and Giants, I doubt our % will get above theirs after they flog North in their last game.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne, lowly, heavily maligned in the media, lowest ebb...made seven changes and still beat us. If West Coast make five, it ain’t no sure thing.

Wish I knew about the form of reserves players. Last scratch match news I could find is way back on Aug 18. https://www.saints.com.au/news/797365/s ... n-brisbane

Savage kicked a nice goal. Abbot was so good evidently, he ended up picked last week.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Secret Kiel
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 09 Sep 2020 4:04pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 09 Sep 2020 3:49pm West Coast making 5 changes. Adam Simpson has made no secret about how he's approaching this season. Eagles are making at least 5 changes.

Dom Sheed is a huge out, now missing Yeo Shuey and Sheed. Clearly 3 of their best 5 midfielders

Redden has been in pretty good form as well

Must be a question on McGovern his thumb looked very painful. I guess he has to play as there is not enough time left for him to recover properly (jab jab jab) so no point in managing him out
So would the Eagles have made so many changes in a full strength competition year in the same scenario, they are 5th and can make the 4 easily if they win both their of next 2 games. However the fact that all finals will be in SEQ except for the Port game(s) means it dilutes the normal advantages for WCE when they finish top 4, i.e. no traveling for them?

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

They still have a very strong forward line and backline.

They can still beat us by being efficient with there entries and defending well.

We need to bring it all for this game, its the type of game it would be easy for the players to relax because half of their side is out and then BAM they kick a few early and hold on for a narrow win.

Reminds me of 2009 against the Hawks when we rested about 10 players and still won

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Don't let them be efficient.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I’m worried about the “we are down to our last man kinda adrenaline” that the West Coast might conjure up tonight. Seen it before with depleted sides, they come up for one almighty last gasp. It only lasts for one or two games, but it seems to be real.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

We have a pretty good side in for tonight's game. Quick and skillful.