Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Seb Ross

Can anybody confirm if Sebastian is carrying an injury, or if he'll be available next week?

If he's even doubtful, surely a rest would be appropriate.

It's my understanding that Bytel is a strong-bodied mid. Would it be arrogant to give him a chance against Sydney?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:03pm
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 6:57pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 4:02pm Clearly, Seb’s role has changed and I reckon he has been hard done by on here.

He's still in my best line up.
Totally agree St Pav, he is in our best 22 but like anyone else in that 22, they have to be in form. Seb may be suffering from players improving and the additions. He's just not adapted, at this point. He's earned credits but so far he's spending them quickly.

I'd rather Byrnes or Bytel play at the moment than asking why is Seb struggling. No winners there. Those that keep demanding Seb keeps playing, in his current form are the ones who cuddle the security blanket of mediocrity.
Byrnes wont get another game this season and Bytel will play when we are tanking. Boys versus men at this stage and without any opportunity to develop in a feeder comp. Those that keep demanding these two play ahead of Seb haven't played the sport or understand the game beyond the comfort of their lounge rooms.
As much as I hope you keep baiting, I also hope you keep watching because you're a funny kind of Saints supporter & even the 'funny' ones deserve to enjoy this season.

That said, why do you keep bouncing back with the same ol', same ol'? Is it to cause grief? Is it to detract from St Kilda? Is it to feel righteous? Is it to be found correct?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:18pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 4:02pm Clearly, Seb’s role has changed and I reckon he has been hard done by on here.

Totally agree St Pav, he is in our best 22 but like anyone else in that 22, they have to be in form. Seb may be suffering from players improving and the additions. He's just not adapted, at this point. He's earned credits but so far he's spending them quickly.

I'd rather Byrnes or Bytel play at the moment than asking why is Seb struggling. No winners there. Those that keep demanding Seb keeps playing, in his current form are the ones who cuddle the security blanket of mediocrity.
Byrnes wont get another game this season and Bytel will play when we are tanking. Boys versus men at this stage and without any opportunity to develop in a feeder comp. Those that keep demanding these two play ahead of Seb haven't played the sport or understand the game beyond the comfort of their lounge rooms.
As much as I hope you keep baiting, I also hope you keep watching because you're a funny kind of Saints supporter & even the 'funny' ones deserve to enjoy this season.

That said, why do you keep bouncing back with the same ol', same ol'? Is it to cause grief? Is it to detract from St Kilda? Is it to feel righteous? Is it to be found correct?
You said this:

Those that keep demanding Seb keeps playing, in his current form are the ones who cuddle the security blanket of mediocrity.

Is this not baiting and trolling?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:03pm Byrnes wont get another game this season and Bytel will play when we are tanking. Boys versus men at this stage and without any opportunity to develop in a feeder comp. Those that keep demanding these two play ahead of Seb haven't played the sport or understand the game beyond the comfort of their lounge rooms.
Interesting observation and comment.

If you are suggesting you possess the knowledge you point out others lack, perhaps you can give us arm chair flogs the wisdom of your expertise when you posted the below.

Surely a person of such inteligence and knowledge must have known something other forumites and the coaches and selectors did not know prior to round 1.
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:18pm Not sure why King would be in the team for round 1, he's going to need a few games at Sandy first and earn his way to the AFL grade, he probably has to prove he's physically up to it as well.
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:22pm The odds are very high that not all 5 of our traded recruits will become best 22 players.
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:22pm Butler is behind Lonie, Kent, Parker and others
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 09 Mar 2020 2:03pm
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 8:40am So my logic is Carslise, Battle and Wilkie are in front of him, yes Dougal played better in the 2nd game but someone has to miss out.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:31pm

You said this:

Those that keep demanding Seb keeps playing, in his current form are the ones who cuddle the security blanket of mediocrity.

It's not but will you answer my questions? Or are you trying to get me to answer it for you? Time to change nics (again), you are very tiresome.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

SEN...
Must improve: Seb Ross

Seb Ross’ ball use and decision making left a lot to be desired on occasions against the Power. The Saints vice-captain turned the footy over when in space on more than one occasion, putting his teammates under unnecessary pressure. Ross had 18 disposals at 50 per cent efficiency – the second lowest of any Saint on the night.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/07/27/ ... m-round-8/

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:34pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:03pm Byrnes wont get another game this season and Bytel will play when we are tanking. Boys versus men at this stage and without any opportunity to develop in a feeder comp. Those that keep demanding these two play ahead of Seb haven't played the sport or understand the game beyond the comfort of their lounge rooms.

If you are suggesting you possess the knowledge you point out others lack, perhaps you can give us arm chair flogs the wisdom of your expertise when you posted the below.

Surely a person of such inteligence and knowledge must have known something other forumites and the coaches and selectors did not know prior to round 1.
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 24 Oct 2019 12:18pm Not sure why King would be in the team for round 1, he's going to need a few games at Sandy first and earn his way to the AFL grade, he probably has to prove he's physically up to it as well.
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:22pm The odds are very high that not all 5 of our traded recruits will become best 22 players.
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:22pm Butler is behind Lonie, Kent, Parker and others
No Howard misses out as we will be too tall otherwise. Remember I have Jake, Josh and Wilkie in. Another tall makes us too tall and those three have earnt their spot for R1.

I have Ryder and Marshall rotating in the FWD line. Kent doesn't get a game for R1. He's got a battle on his hands to get in the side.

Fagan has the same problem at the lions, got new recruits but they can't all fit in the side. Howard will get his opportunity.
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 12 Mar 2020 8:40am So my logic is Carslise, Battle and Wilkie are in front of him, yes Dougal played better in the 2nd game but someone has to miss out.
That's incredible JB, great compilation and all from his Secret Karen nom de plume. Omitting the fact, in another life, his belief that two ruckman will not win a flag, why GWS is better structured than Richmond. Oh dear, oops but has since jumped aboard the Ryder / Marshall combo.

No doubt the same would have argued against the Bruce v Ryder conundrum. Right or wrong, there's no excuse to backing over ones ignorance without admitting it.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:05pm

That's incredible JB, great compilation and all from his Secret Karen nom de plume. Omitting the fact, in another life, his belief that two ruckman will not win a flag, why GWS is better structured than Richmond. Oh dear, oops but has since jumped aboard the Ryder / Marshall combo.

No doubt the same would have argued against the Bruce v Ryder conundrum. Right or wrong, there's no excuse to backing over ones ignorance without admitting it.
Haha, not surprising from the master troll SK. It’s a bit sad but I don’t think he’s landed one thing this whole season :lol:

Even the Port player he claimed ripped his hamstring off the bone earlier this season managed to play against us :lol:

On Seb, another typical game, got a few touches but too many were hacks that went straight to the opposition.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:35pm

You said this:

It's not but will you answer my questions? Or are you trying to get me to answer it for you? Time to change nics (again), you are very tiresome.
Can give but can't take huh. As I thought, never played sport before.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:17pm

You said this:

Did you watch the game?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:22pm

You said this:

Did you watch the game?
Live.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

You said this:

Such a sad, sad, ignorant, lonely individual. We've done this dance before.

You are really quite pathetic with your virtue signalling, your googling of what is woke and what might release the heavy burden you carry.

Seek help. Stop fantasising about what you wish your life had been like, you can still make something of yourself.

Don't read, do!

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:30pm

You said this:

Such a sad, sad, ignorant, lonely individual. We've done this dance before.

You are really quite pathetic with your virtue signalling, your googling of what is woke and what might release the heavy burden you carry.

Seek help. Stop fantasising about what you wish your life had been like, you can still make something of yourself.

Don't read, do!
Being a free thinker I don't consume much news so I don't really understand the woke sledge.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Again, no answers Secret Karen?

You are far from a free thinker, you are consumed by a self importance that does not equate to the life you imagine you live. So sad, seek help, don't look inward for reassurance, listen to those that once gave you the time of day.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Gawd...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:43pmGawd...
True story...I just don't understand the woke thing. I understand the broad concept but as far as I'm concerned it's just another petty hook and I leave the left verses right slap and tickle for others to be distracted by.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:43pmGawd...
True story...I just don't understand the woke thing. I understand the broad concept but as far as I'm concerned it's just another petty hook and I leave the left verses right slap and tickle for others to be distracted by.

To the top
SS Life Member

Watching on a screen does not give the full picture (excuse the pun)

So I am unaware of the responsibility Ross is or has been charged with

But in terms of winning the ball in a contest and in terms of usage, where he tends to have to stand still to think, then under pressure with the referred 50% disposal efficiency including being caught with the ball, there is no reflex disposal skill to the benefit of the side

This is nothing new - noting the habit of across ground disposal which produces its own Robles’s

In warm ups he appears as quick as anyone - but in game time that is just not there (he does not take and go - he takes, stops and puts himself and others under pressure, accentuated by being one sided)

The confirmation of this is the number of goals he has kicked - something like 20 from 12 games going into this season

His”stopping” role has been assumed by Steele, who has gone past Ross as he has including adding another dimension

Ross is also not a good defensive chaser and, in fact, often does not

Ross’s position in the side is one we have to improve on (and the loss of Hannebery compounds)

To the top
SS Life Member

Should be produces its own problems

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Yeah a bit like you and saynta trolling n baiting another poster
It does get tiresome

Seeya
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:30pm

You said this:

Did you watch the game?
Live.
Well I’m glad you’ve decided to finally jump on board and witness one of our most exciting seasons in nearly a decade! Now your opinion might carry a slight bit of weight.

Might...

:lol:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:58pm

You said this:

Did you watch the game?
Live.
Well I’m glad you’ve decided to finally jump on board and witness one of our most exciting seasons in nearly a decade! Now your opinion might carry a slight bit of weight.

Might...

So how many games have you attended this year

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:05pm

Secret Karen :lol:

if the cap fits...

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:48pm Watching on a screen does not give the full picture (excuse the pun)

So I am unaware of the responsibility Ross is or has been charged with

But in terms of winning the ball in a contest and in terms of usage, where he tends to have to stand still to think, then under pressure with the referred 50% disposal efficiency including being caught with the ball, there is no reflex disposal skill to the benefit of the side

This is nothing new - noting the habit of across ground disposal which produces its own Robles’s

In warm ups he appears as quick as anyone - but in game time that is just not there (he does not take and go - he takes, stops and puts himself and others under pressure, accentuated by being one sided)

The confirmation of this is the number of goals he has kicked - something like 20 from 12 games going into this season

His”stopping” role has been assumed by Steele, who has gone past Ross as he has including adding another dimension

Ross is also not a good defensive chaser and, in fact, often does not

Ross’s position in the side is one we have to improve on (and the loss of Hannebery compounds)
That's a fair summation TtT. My question would be about his "stopping role". My belief is Steele always owned that. I believed Seb was usually given that role when he was struggling or his form waning.

I might be wrong but I do not believe he won two B&Fs because he was a tagger.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 9:09pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 8:58pm

You said this:

Did you watch the game?
Live.

Might...

So how many games have you attended this year
None. How about you?