Essendon player tests positive to COVID 19

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Essendon player tests positive to COVID 19

The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:35pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:17pm I expect...
Well we all know what that’s worth... :roll:

Any player who was a “couch potato” during the break should be delisted. Nothing was stopping the players from staying in excellent shape.
I expect even the dimmest of fans understands the fitness level and conditioning is nowhere near normal levels. But I'm happy to keep trying if you need more help.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:40pm

Any player who was a “couch potato” during the break should be delisted. Nothing was stopping the players from staying in excellent shape.
I expect even the dimmest of fans understands the fitness level and conditioning is nowhere near normal levels. But I'm happy to keep trying if you need more help.
And that’s why games are 20% shorter and breaks have been extended, and soft tissue injuries have barely been seen.

Another swing as a miss to add to your rest.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
ace
Saintsational Legend

I need to make a virtual apology.
You attended my virtual gathering at the weekend.
We all had a virtual great time.
We practiced world best food handling practice.
But to my great virtual dismay many of you have come down with virtual food poisoning and virtually being hospitalised.
Due to the cluster it is clear that this virtually occurred due the food you virtually ate at my virtual gathering.
I desperately need to say SORRY for this virtual outcome.
I don't have any virtual money so can not contribute to your virtual medical expenses but I hope that medicare will virtually cover these.
Please virtually forgive me.
I make this virtual apology because it is the right thing to do and part of my culture.

Back in the real world
I note that as a result of criminally insane food handling practices in China a virus was developed.
China is sufficiently advanced to be aware that these practices were unsafe but allowed them to continue as they were seen as part of Chinese culture.
This virus was spread from China.
China did their best to cover the emergence of the virus and then lied to the world about its level and method of infection.
China did nothing to prevent the spread to the rest of the world.
Flights from Wuhan to the rest of the world were not interrupted.
Close to half a million people have died as a result.
National economies have been destroyed.
Lives and business devastated and destroyed by consequential actions to limit the spread.
The economic cost is counted in trillions.

China refuses to recognise any responsibility.
China refuses even offer any form of apology.
China certainly will not pay any of the costs.
Instead China tries to punish any country that criticises their conduct.

The Chinese Ambassador to Australia is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese Communist Party is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese president Xi Jinping refuses to accept any responsibility for China and refuses to say SORRY, instead threatening his critics.

How dare they.
Let me use some language from the Labor party.
FU Chinese Communist Party, FU Xi Jinping.
Last edited by ace on Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:55am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 12:08am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:40pm

And that’s why games are 20% shorter and breaks have been extended, and soft tissue injuries have barely been seen.

Another swing as a miss to add to your rest.
The season is a disaster and it is only going to get worse. The TV ratings have only taken a week after the restart to start dropping. The competition is hugely unfair and there is no integrity in the results and players are already over it. As I say, when was the last time a head coach publically told the AFL to sitck thier comp up thier arse. Especially from a coach in charge of a team that was raging flag favourites before COVID-19. It doesn't sound like the anytime or anywhere attitude you get when playing for a proper flag does it.

Gold Coast could win it becaue no one else gives a stuff. There is a growing chorus from fans questioning the legitimacy of the competition that probably didn't exist in the leadup to the restsrt and probably because we were so desperate for "normal" to return to our lives but as we are seeing life wont be returning to normal anytime soon.

And I think the AFL are possibly going to learn the hard way that what happens when you are beholden to media magnates. I just hope all of the millions of dollars our club is wasting by running the Astersisk Cup isn't the straw that breaks our back.

Let's face it, the Aterisk Cup would be a valueless possession for any club other than the Gold Coast Suns and I am starting to think they can see a real opportunity to exploit. And the irony of the Gold Coast Suns winning the Asterisk Cup is Gil and his team of million dollar executives will receive large bonus payouts for making the Gold Coast Suns successful.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:54am
The season is a disaster and it is only going to get worse.
I've gotta say, it's really descended into a debacle.

It's become very clear that it's about nothing more than squeezing in as many games as possible so people get paid. It's not about a 'competition'.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:13am

It's become very clear that it's about nothing more than squeezing in as many games as possible so people get paid. It's not about a 'competition'.
Isn’t it about our survival ultimately?

We are significantly mortgaged to the AFL - unless our benefactors have reduced our debt back to a manageable $10M or similar of course.

Remember there was a year we lost a flag because of the challenge system - this is not the first asterisk cup.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:20am

Isn’t it about our survival ultimately?

We are significantly mortgaged to the AFL - unless our benefactors have reduced our debt back to a manageable $10M or similar of course.

Remember there was a year we lost a flag because of the challenge system - this is not the first asterisk cup.
The Challenge System was in all comps though. That was how footy was played at the time. There's no asterisk in that.

I don't necessarily begrudge the AFL for squeezing out games so clubs can survive - but I really think that anyone that thinks this season is even remotely a test of the best football team in the comp is kidding themselves.

And I guess that's Ok - but personally I find it hard to embrace any sporting event that doesn't really matter. So for me, it's just not really worthwhile.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:48am I need to make a virtual apology.
You attended my virtual gathering at the weekend.
We all had a virtual great time.
We practiced world best food handling practice.
But to my great virtual dismay many of you have come down with virtual food poisoning and virtually being hospitalised.
Due to the cluster it is clear that this virtually occurred due the food you virtually ate at my virtual gathering.
I desperately need to say SORRY for this virtual outcome.
I don't have any virtual money so can not contribute to your virtual medical expenses but I hope that medicare will virtually cover these.
Please virtually forgive me.
I make this virtual apology because it is the right thing to do and part of my culture.

Back in the real world
I note that as a result of criminally insane food handling practices in China a virus was developed.
China is sufficiently advanced to be aware that these practices were unsafe but allowed them to continue as they were seen as part of Chinese culture.
This virus was spread from China.
China did their best to cover the emergence of the virus and then lied to the world about its level and method of infection.
China did nothing to prevent the spread to the rest of the world.
Flights from Wuhan to the rest of the world were not interrupted.
Close to half a million people have died as a result.
National economies have been destroyed.
Lives and business devastated and destroyed by consequential actions to limit the spread.
The economic cost is counted in trillions.

China refuses to recognise any responsibility.
China refuses even offer any form of apology.
China certainly will not pay any of the costs.
Instead China tries to punish any country that criticises their conduct.

The Chinese Ambassador to Australia is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese Communist Party is belligerent and unapologetic.
The Chinese president Xi Jinping refuses to accept any responsibility for China and refuses to say SORRY, instead threatening his critics.

How dare they.
Let me use some language from the Labor party.
FU Chinese Communist Party, FU Xi Jinping.
And amen to that brother. :D

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The AFL need to be very careful about how it handles this next phase. We are wasting millions running a competition with the sole objective of remaining relevant in 2020 and as soon as the fans en masse question the legitimacy of the Asterisk Cup then they will be in a position like never before.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:56am

The AFL need to be very careful about how it handles this next phase. We are wasting millions running a competition with the sole objective of remaining relevant in 2020 and as soon as the fans en masse question the legitimacy of the Asterisk Cup then they will be in a position like never before.
I think to be fair, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:17pm
Devilhead wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:03pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:00pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:31pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:24pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:03pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:43pm
Munga wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:34pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:29pm Anyone still taking the game seriously. The Asterisk Cup will be of less value than our pre season cups.
To put it in perspective, the Gold Coast Suns could end up winning the Asterisk Cup becuse most clubs aren't taking it seriously.
Absolute nonsense
It's being commonly referred to as a gap year by players.
No it hasn’t, that’s just something you’ve invented.

You obviously haven’t been watching many games if you think it isn’t being taken seriously.

Also, where are all the soft tissue injuries you promised?

And teams travelling on game day have had no problem performing.

Have any of your ‘guarantees’ eventuated are all??? :lol:

I'll admit I do get some predictions wrong, I predicated that most fans would lose interest within 3 to 4 weeks of the restart, I was wrong, it was within 2 weeks. The round 2 TV ratings dropped through the floor for 7 and fox. So you are right, I haven't watched many games, the quality of the product stinks by comparison to what usually flicks my switch.

Have you read the injury report for round 2, many soft tissue injuries and even hamstrings ripped from the bone.
I find it fascinating how people can just flat out lie and expect no one to check the crap they come out with.

The round 2 tv ratings were through the roof. If you actually have any stats or proof the round 3 ratings “dropped through the flood”, post a link. I doubt you will.

You haven’t watched many games but have made a blanket (inaccurate) statement about the whole season. Typical rubbish we’ve come to expect from you.

From what I see there would be maybe half a dozen soft tissue injuries from this round. No hamstrings ripped off bones. More lies. Feel free to post a link. Again, I doubt you will.
Lots of people talking about it. Reported in the age 3 days ago and another Age article from today about the precarious postion of fan engagement and how it could turn off.
Sounds like an opinion piece

And re: injury lists - they don't look any different from any other year ..... in fact maybe less
I expect it will ramp up over the next few weeks due to the players being couch potatoes for months and no match conditioning then straight into competition. Under these conditions players will be over stressing soft tissue and exposing vulnerabilities that would ordinarily be adequately conditioned.
Fascinated to see that you're still on the "doom and gloom" trail SK, and as per usual, you utterly fail, when challenged, to provide evidential proof of your "learned" contentions.

I would have thought that if you are genuinely browned off with the 2020 competition, as you have indicated ad nauseam, that you take a sabbatical and go out and enjoy yourself instead of wallowing in misery.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Secret Kiel
Club Player

BarryGrogan wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:35am
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:56am

I think to be fair, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Oh it's an incredibly tough situation

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:36am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:29pm Anyone still taking the game seriously. The Asterisk Cup will be of less value than our pre season cups.
To put it in perspective, the Gold Coast Suns could end up winning the Asterisk Cup becuse most clubs aren't taking it seriously.
Absolute nonsense

You obviously haven’t been watching many games if you think it isn’t being taken seriously.

I'll admit I do get some predictions wrong, I predicated that most fans would lose interest within 3 to 4 weeks of the restart, I was wrong, it was within 2 weeks. The round 2 TV ratings dropped through the floor for 7 and fox. So you are right, I haven't watched many games, the quality of the product stinks by comparison to what usually flicks my switch.

Have you read the injury report for round 2, many soft tissue injuries and even hamstrings ripped from the bone.
I find it fascinating how people can just flat out lie and expect no one to check the crap they come out with.

The round 2 tv ratings were through the roof. If you actually have any stats or proof the round 3 ratings “dropped through the flood”, post a link. I doubt you will.

You haven’t watched many games but have made a blanket (inaccurate) statement about the whole season. Typical rubbish we’ve come to expect from you.

From what I see there would be maybe half a dozen soft tissue injuries from this round. No hamstrings ripped off bones. More lies. Feel free to post a link. Again, I doubt you will.
Lots of people talking about it. Reported in the age 3 days ago and another Age article from today about the precarious postion of fan engagement and how it could turn off.

And re: injury lists - they don't look any different from any other year ..... in fact maybe less
I expect it will ramp up over the next few weeks due to the players being couch potatoes for months and no match conditioning then straight into competition. Under these conditions players will be over stressing soft tissue and exposing vulnerabilities that would ordinarily be adequately conditioned.
Fascinated to see that you're still on the "doom and gloom" trail SK, and as per usual, you utterly fail, when challenged, to provide evidential proof of your "learned" contentions.

I would have thought that if you are genuinely browned off with the 2020 competition, as you have indicated ad nauseam, that you take a sabbatical and go out and enjoy yourself instead of wallowing in misery.
What are you banging on about. If you can't stomach the tough conversations then stear clear of them. This is anything but an ordinary year and season of footy and if you prefer to pretend it's normal then fine, wander back to the threads that feel like ground hog day and discuss how GT was better than Lyon or vice versa. But this is a real issue, the biggest issue to ever effect our game and lives and this is a forum for free discussion.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 11:02am
Absolute nonsense

What are you banging on about. If you can't stomach the tough conversations then stear clear of them. This is anything but an ordinary year and season of footy and if you prefer to pretend it's normal then fine, wander back to the threads that feel like ground hog day and discuss how GT was better than Lyon or vice versa. But this is a real issue, the biggest issue to ever effect our game and lives and this is a forum for free discussion.
Still can’t even sure one bit of evidence to back up any of your claims/predictions about the league or St Kilda.

We are truly in the Trump age, where some feel if they repeat baseless lies over and over they somehow become legitimate.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Anyone still taking the game seriously. The Asterisk Cup will be of less value than our pre season cups.
Absolute nonsense
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What makes you think from my comments that I "can't stomach the tough conversations" SK? I am merely having a go at you for yet again failing to offer any validation for your grim assertions about the state of the 2020 season.

Go back over the thread and respond with factual references instead of dismissive fictional generalisations such as "Lots of people talking about it".

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 2:49pm
Absolute nonsense

Still can’t even sure one bit of evidence to back up any of your claims/predictions about the league or St Kilda.

We are truly in the Trump age, where some feel if they repeat baseless lies over and over they somehow become legitimate.
You asked for links. I gave them to you. Is it possible you not only don't know how to use a search engine, but you also can't comprehend information above basic footy fan stuff. Now I'm seeing why your avatar is one of the 3 stooges.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 4:55pm
You asked for links. I gave them to you. Is it possible you not only don't know how to use a search engine, but you also can't comprehend information above basic footy fan stuff. Now I'm seeing why your avatar is one of the 3 stooges.
You have not supplied a single link in this whole thread, I’m beginning to think you don’t even know what a ‘link’ is. “Google it” is not providing evidence.

You have provided no evidence tv audiences are ‘through the floor’ (because they’re not), soft tissue injuries are up (because they’re not) or that players aren’t taking this season seriously (because they are).

You invested totally in your “the sky is falling” narrative, and every day this looks dumber and dumber, but instead of adjusting your stance with new evidence, you dig in deeper and spout more and more crap, hoping no one points out your BS.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:35pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 4:55pm
You have not supplied a single link in this whole thread, I’m beginning to think you don’t even know what a ‘link’ is. “Google it” is not providing evidence.

You have provided no evidence tv audiences are ‘through the floor’ (because they’re not), soft tissue injuries are up (because they’re not) or that players aren’t taking this season seriously (because they are).

You invested totally in your “the sky is falling” narrative, and every day this looks dumber and dumber, but instead of adjusting your stance with new evidence, you dig in deeper and spout more and more crap, hoping no one points out your BS.
The sky isn't falling, I just see dumb people everywhere. The links were posted, 2 of them to Age articles.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Here they are again. Read slowly Dud to help your chance of comprehending

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/haw ... 554c2.html

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 554u9.html

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:13pm Here they are again. Read slowly Dud to help your chance of comprehending

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you actually read those articles passed the headlines?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:53pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:13pm Here they are again. Read slowly Dud to help your chance of comprehending

I know you haven't, it's only been 30 minutes since I posted them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:56pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:53pm

I know you haven't, it's only been 30 minutes since I posted them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seven said this was still up 6 per cent compared to last year's average of its Thursday night coverage.

Seven also took heart from stellar ratings in Melbourne, where an average of 398,000 tuned in, up 15 per cent year on year and making it the most-watched show outside of its prime-time news bulletin in Melbourne on the night.

Seven was also buoyed by the ratings in the two northern markets, particularly as the match did not involve any of the four teams from either NSW or Queensland.

Seven said it had enjoyed an average audience of 35,182 in Sydney, up 20 per cent year on year for a Thursday night clash, while Brisbane's average audience of 29,628 was 18 per cent higher than last year's metro average.

The Hawks' shock thumping of the Tigers secured a solid response at Foxtel, for it was the No.1 rating show of the pay-television operator with an average audience of 235,000, ahead of the NRL clash between the Newcastle Knights and Brisbane Broncos (220,000).

Seven had taken delight in its average metro audience of Thursday night thumping the NRL's free-to-air average of 326,000, broadcast on Nine, the owner of this masthead.

Yep, those ratings sound horrendous :lol:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:18pm

Yep, those ratings sound horrendous

Your cut and paste skills are worse than your comprehension skills Stooges. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You missed these bits:

"the thirst dissipated come Thursday night's clash between Richmond and Hawthorn, with the network enduring an average fall of more than 450,000 national viewers"

"Seven revealed", "a major drop on last week's return to football after the COVID-19"

"The metro ratings across Australia also slipped, from an average of 1.02 million last week to 624,000."

Add the national and metro figures together and you get a massive drop of 1 million viewers between round 2 and 3.

And things are getting worse as we accelerate towards another full lockdown.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic, Conor McCovid has now tested negative and the game will go on!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Reported on ABC News Radio this morning that families were meeting in large numbers across the city hotspots - it isn't Victoria's hotspots - they are all in Melbourne.

In some states now (NSW) when they are asking for id to sit in cafes/restaurants, and your drivers licence says particular Melbourne suburbs - you are simply shown the door.

An actress from the Mornington Peninsula was on her way to Qld to act in a film, she had permission to travel there, but it's been revoked, and her role has been recast because the Mornington Peninsula is now considered a hotspot for the corona virus, according to Qld health experts.

It was reported later (same source) that if we (Victoria:read Melbourne) are posting figures of 30 positive tests a day by weeks end, there will need to be drastic action taken.

Individual schools are having to shut down again in these suburbs in the lead up to the school holidays. I fear the worst - in the short term.

Could this be the beginning of the end of AFL matches played in Victoria this season?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.