Rounds 2 to 5

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

carn_sainter
Club Player

Re: Rounds 2 to 5

Good post.

Rd 1 against north was so disappointing. Basically the last straw (in the context of big games listed above, or the few opportunities we've had to win 8 pt games for ladder position) in terms of showing that our players play like they don't care about the jumper.

I've lost so much respect for them. As far as I'm concerned, they need to actually show some consistent ticker for a while because we all too often play like a club that deserves to be the lowest man on the totem pole...self-inflicted

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 6:44am Good post.

Rd 1 against north was so disappointing. Basically the last straw (in the context of big games listed above, or the few opportunities we've had to win 8 pt games for ladder position) in terms of showing that our players play like they don't care about the jumper.

I've lost so much respect for them. As far as I'm concerned, they need to actually show some consistent ticker for a while because we all too often play like a club that deserves to be the lowest man on the totem pole...self-inflicted
I tuned out for a lot of the second half of the Norf game as I was more focused on the season shutdown news. I’d love to know the effect that had on our players vs North.

I’m also curious as to why Hill looked so disinterested- it was totally at odds to his other practice games for us.

I’m confident we will see a different St Kilda rounds 2-5

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 8:21am
I tuned out for a lot of the second half of the Norf game as I was more focused on the season shutdown news. I’d love to know the effect that had on our players vs North.

I asked that very question on here post-match and was reminded that e did show up and play well - for the first ten minutes of the the third.

I wonder, were North that good, or were we that bad after that time?

One thing. It has lowered expectations for a fairytale "Year of the Rat"

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Gershwin
Club Player

Two reasons why we didn't win that game.
1. Poor kicking for goal. We should have been 50 points up and North would never have got back. Marshall should have kicked a very easy goal to win us the match.
2. According to Hamill we were too slow to react to North's change in game style.
In my opinion this would be due to lack of leadership and/or inability of players to coordinate.
Probably the latter.
Lets face it in the backline Howard had never played with any of his team-mates. Long had never played in the backline. Wilkie has only played with 4 games with Roberton. etc etc
In the midfield Hill and Jones are new and Hannebery hasn't played many games.
In the forward line Butler and Ryder are new and King playing his first game.

Gelling together is going to take time and will cost us games this season. Hopefully we can survive and become a threat in a year or two.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Special
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 2:35pm
saintspremiers wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 8:21am

I asked that very question on here post-match and was reminded that e did show up and play well - for the first ten minutes of the the third.

I wonder, were North that good, or were we that bad after that time?

One thing. It has lowered expectations for a fairytale "Year of the Rat"
Hmmm interesting that perhaps blows that theory.

Next biggest question is why Hill was so off his game?

It’s obvious he’s our lynchpin and looked like he was going at about 50%

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Fri 29 May 2020 7:49pm

Two reasons why we didn't win that game.
1. Poor kicking for goal. We should have been 50 points up and North would never have got back. Marshall should have kicked a very easy goal to win us the match.
2. According to Hamill we were too slow to react to North's change in game style.
In my opinion this would be due to lack of leadership and/or inability of players to coordinate.
Probably the latter.
Lets face it in the backline Howard had never played with any of his team-mates. Long had never played in the backline. Wilkie has only played with 4 games with Roberton. etc etc
In the midfield Hill and Jones are new and Hannebery hasn't played many games.
In the forward line Butler and Ryder are new and King playing his first game.

Gelling together is going to take time and will cost us games this season. Hopefully we can survive and become a threat in a year or two.
Battle and Carlisle should both have played in the backline - or at least Nathan Brown. Lost at the selection table - where have we heard that before?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
darylcowie
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Mon 25 May 2020 6:54pm I see that none of these games will be on free to air television

I have foxtel so will see all, but lack of public exposure again will disadvantage our club.
Interesting that we have been told to play more entertaining footy to get free-to-air exposure.

I guess that also means that other "minnow' clubs like the Pies, Tiges and Blues aren't playing such entertaining footy either.

Seriously if we can't get on the box when we play the largest Victorian clubs, what hope do we have to get any real exposure?

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!