DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAIDLEY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Junk yard stalker

I wouldn't have the slightest clue how Dean Laidley feels about himself, neither do I care. I'm reading less and less media news these day and rarely watch TV news, when I do I'm very grateful that I limit it
What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 641cb0217b

Talking about pictures, how many file photos do you think Fox Sports trawled through to find the one used in this article where Laidley looks like he's " puckering up to don some lippy" !

I do not think his photo should have been taken on a Police station and circulated, and I may be naive however if you choose to go out in public in drag and refer to yourself by a feminine name you would expect that the content of the photo being the attire and his appearance should not be of concern to Laidley.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAIDLEY

Dude looks like a Laidley.

Sorry, just my attempt at humour!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... perty.html

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Re: DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAIDLEY

Gutter press. The arrest is relevant I guess but how is it in the public interest that the man dresses in drag?

Vultures.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 9:27am Gutter press. The arrest is relevant I guess but how is it in the public interest that the man dresses in drag?

Vultures.
Public fascination with the obscure and different.

The Moe people and their life styles exposed after the horrendous Jaiden Leskie murder. The public fascination with how these people lived was unprecedented.

Tiger Kings is another example.

Its gutter press but human nature.

The truth is always stranger than fiction.

Sanctorum
Club Player

True Believer wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 4:57pm
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 4:18pm This is an incredibly sad story and should never be trivialised in the way that some on this forum have done. Good-on North Melbourne FC and the AFL Coaches Association coming out in support of Dean Laidley. He certainly needs all the help and support he can get to survive this public humiliation.

There are literally thousands of males and females of all ages in our society who struggle with the question of their sexuality, and it causes many who can't deal with this internal conflict to take their own lives prematurely.

Please, if you don't have any sympathy for these poor individuals, just shut up and don't vent your warped prejudices with either sarcastic or negative comments.....
With your username, I think you spelled Sanctimonious wrong...…..
You are being quite callous and presumptuous "True Believer".

Having painfully observed a close relative succumb to this terrible anguish, I hope that you and others like you who lack compassion for individuals like Laidley don't have to experience this first hand - has it occurred to you how devastating this must be for Laidley's family?

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 11:21am
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 4:18pm This is an incredibly sad story and should never be trivialised in the way that some on this forum have done. Good-on North Melbourne FC and the AFL Coaches Association coming out in support of Dean Laidley. He certainly needs all the help and support he can get to survive this public humiliation.

There are literally thousands of males and females of all ages in our society who struggle with the question of their sexuality, and it causes many who can't deal with this internal conflict to take their own lives prematurely.

Please, if you don't have any sympathy for these poor individuals, just shut up and don't vent your warped prejudices with either sarcastic or negative comments.....

Having painfully observed a close relative succumb to this terrible anguish, I hope that you and others like you who lack compassion for individuals like Laidley don't have to experience this first hand - has it occurred to you how devastating this must be for Laidley's family?
Has the thought crossed your mind that he was maybe trying to disguise himself whilst stalking somebody?

Sanctorum
Club Player

saynta wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 12:32pm

Has the thought crossed your mind that he was maybe trying to disguise himself whilst stalking somebody?
Yes it has Saynta and in fact that was my initial reaction, and time will tell if that is so. However I am more persuaded by the expression of support from his former teammates which tends me to conclude that Laidley's cross-dressing is perhaps a sign of a pre-existing serious mental condition.

Either way, do you really believe that mocking Dean Laidley's public humiliation as has been expressed by a number of Saints supporters on this forum is worthy or deserving??

Don't you think that his mother and children would find this open discussion terribly humiliating and painful for them??

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 12:59pm However I am more persuaded by the expression of support from his former teammates which tends me to conclude that Laidley's cross-dressing is perhaps a sign of a pre-existing serious mental condition.

Not that I particularly care personnally, but wouldn't associating cross dressing with a serious mental condition be considered incredibly offensive to those that do it?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

asiu wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 7:12pm of course it should be aired
it’s an issue of ... healing of Self
that starts with acceptance of Self

how its ‘aired’
well

that says everything about the airers
the sharp the sensitive the sad ‘n the sick
Well said.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I always found Bugs Bunnys willingness and pure bliss when dressed in drag somewhat disturbing.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

like the heading Joff

HarryM
Club Player

Has the thought crossed your mind that he's quite happy to be whoever he wants to be? :wink:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 10:59pm Dude looks like a Laidley.
That’s so wrong, but so good :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 12:59pm

Yes it has Saynta and in fact that was my initial reaction, and time will tell if that is so. However I am more persuaded by the expression of support from his former teammates which tends me to conclude that Laidley's cross-dressing is perhaps a sign of a pre-existing serious mental condition.

Either way, do you really believe that mocking Dean Laidley's public humiliation as has been expressed by a number of Saints supporters on this forum is worthy or deserving??

Don't you think that his mother and children would find this open discussion terribly humiliating and painful for them??
Don't agree with the photo being released and hope the copper does gaol time..Do feel for the family as I do for the families of most miscreants..

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 5:57pm like the heading Joff
Must admit I had a chuckle when I thought of it.
Probably me and another 10,000 others.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 7:57pm

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that Laidley is a victim just yet. There is still a lot that is unknown.

There is no question that this is a gross breach of privacy and I feel for him in that respect.

But, he is being charged for stalking, let’s not forget that.
And make threats to kill, and breaching an intervention order, and committing indictable offences whilst on bail as he allegedly did similar things approx 1 month ago (hence why he wouldn't have bothered applying for bail) Not to mention the ICE. If he was Jo Blow off the street we'd dismiss him as a loser but because he has a footy profile we feel sorry for him and ppl are reaching out. My sympathy goes to the victim who was stalked and threatened

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I’m impressed this can stay on the main page as Laidley is a former Saints coach. Good pick up!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Thu 07 May 2020 2:18am

And make threats to kill, and breaching an intervention order, and committing indictable offences whilst on bail as he allegedly did similar things approx 1 month ago (hence why he wouldn't have bothered applying for bail) Not to mention the ICE. If he was Jo Blow off the street we'd dismiss him as a loser but because he has a footy profile we feel sorry for him and ppl are reaching out. My sympathy goes to the victim who was stalked and threatened
my sympathy goes to his make up and hair stylist .. they need to try a new vocation.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 1:04pm
Sanctorum wrote: Wed 06 May 2020 12:59pm However I am more persuaded by the expression of support from his former teammates which tends me to conclude that Laidley's cross-dressing is perhaps a sign of a pre-existing serious mental condition.

Not that I particularly care personnally, but wouldn't associating cross dressing with a serious mental condition be considered incredibly offensive to those that do it?
Would he be upset the photos were taken in a Police station or upset because he'd been photographed in drag?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Human nature, its in all of Deans behaviour, and in the cops who couldn't wait to circulate pics of him, the media running with it out of 'good conscience' , our chit-chat. It's a continuum and yet we are forced to think of it as 0 or 1, i.e. Dean is or isn't 'sick', 2. He is or isn't a 'victim', 3. Cops were or were not 'rotten', 4. Footy coaches should or shouldn't play out fantasies, etc.. 5. Drugs are categorically 'bad'

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Furphy
Club Player

Who was he stalking, Ian Stewart?

BarryGrogan
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 07 May 2020 4:48pm

Would he be upset the photos were taken in a Police station or upset because he'd been photographed in drag?
Obviously wouldn't have a clue.

But I'd imagine the former is the issue here.

If you don't want to be seen in drag, you wouldn't go out in public in drag I wouldn't have thought.

FWIW, too many of us grew up with movies like Silence of The Lambs and s***, and associate a cross dressing male with smeared makeup with a deranged serial killer.

That's obviously a pathetically ignorant generalisation.

But even though I try to be, and consider myself to be, a progressive dude - I still naturally draw that association. If I really cared about the topic, I'd be ashamed of myself for doing so.

But instead, I'm just happy to say good luck to him (in regards to the dresses and s***, not the stalking), and I'll continue trying to show empathy to people in society that do s*** that I grew up thinking was wrong.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Stalking people is wrong. Unless you are a journalist of course, then its journalism.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

BarryGrogan wrote: Fri 08 May 2020 12:06am
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 07 May 2020 4:48pm

Obviously wouldn't have a clue.

But I'd imagine the former is the issue here.

If you don't want to be seen in drag, you wouldn't go out in public in drag I wouldn't have thought.

FWIW, too many of us grew up with movies like Silence of The Lambs and s***, and associate a cross dressing male with smeared makeup with a deranged serial killer.

That's obviously a pathetically ignorant generalisation.

But even though I try to be, and consider myself to be, a progressive dude - I still naturally draw that association. If I really cared about the topic, I'd be ashamed of myself for doing so.

But instead, I'm just happy to say good luck to him (in regards to the dresses and s***, not the stalking), and I'll continue trying to show empathy to people in society that do s*** that I grew up thinking was wrong.
Sorry slightly OT but to your point about stereotypes and transgender it's actually made specifically clear in both the book and the film that Jame Gum is NOT transexual but a monster with a pathology 'a thousand times more terrifying' and they make it clear there isn't a link between transexuals and violence. So anyone who got that message from watching Silence wasn't paying attention.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.