NRL CEO resigns - hands off Lethers you bum-sniffers!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: NRL CEO resigns - hands off Lethers you bum-sniffers!

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 29 Apr 2020 8:45am City west is actually right for once - we have to play footy this year purely for the TV rights money.

NRL are looking at a 20 round season and Grand Final on 25 October
Many sporting leagues around the globe have just cancelled thier entire 2020 seassons in the past 24hrs. Some EU countries have also started seeing a spike in infections. We haven't hit winter yet. The government haven't given approval yet.

If we are playing just for media rights money then I hope the players don't take it too seriously and injure themselves by playing every 3 to 4 days. They might as well save themselves for next year when the real comp starts again.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Thu 23 Apr 2020 7:56pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 23 Apr 2020 3:14pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Thu 23 Apr 2020 1:32pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 22 Apr 2020 1:05pm
Nick_BlueNRG wrote: Wed 22 Apr 2020 12:30pm One thing I know for sure is that if we/us supporters/barrackers/members don't do anything St Kilda will fold, or at best relocate to Tassie or merge with another team.

We have to get a campaign going this year to raise at least $5 Mill. Preferably closer to $10 Mill. Obviously the more the better. I don't know if that is possible but if we don't show the AFL that we want our club to survive then we will be first to go.
You can raise $20 million and it still won't stop an AFL and/or bank decision to kill off a club under the new AFL administration-type management of the 12 assisted clubs. It's called throwing good money after bad. The insolvency practitioners engaged by the banks to oversee the $600 million loan would be looking at our club the same way the administrators are looking at Virgin, loaded with debt, under performing assets and weak market share and cashflow.
I don't agree. It's still in our hands. All supporters need to band together. We need to start a campaign now. I don't know what or how, but I am more than willing to offer my time if it means saving my club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are stuck in the old paradigm. In the new post COVID-19 AFL the people who will decide our destiny care little for football, they are called administrators.
What planet do you live on seriously? If we managed to raise $20 Mill (very very unlikely I admit but not impossible), St Kilda would have their destiny in their own hands. No matter what any aresehole administrator says.
Yep agree with that, and if half of our supporters were members we’d be as healthy as the Collingwoods and Hawthorns, etc.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Bump.

Is the issue Lethers or is he correcting a mistake Mr Nice Guy made. Or is it a combo?

Discuss.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Tommyj
Club Player

This site' is so full of sh itttttttttt I came on here to get some common sense it appears to me some of you need a life

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Tommyj wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 7:56pm This site' is so full of sh itttttttttt I came on here to get some common sense it appears to me some of you need a life
Jokes on you.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Tommyj wrote: Sat 15 Oct 2022 7:56pm This site' is so full of sh itttttttttt I came on here to get some common sense it appears to me some of you need a life
Maybe we actually GAF & just maybe we are sick & tired of mediocrely & want more from the team we love & have supported through thick & thin & in my case over 50 years & others even more & just maybe we might see us win a flag before we die . Is that really too much to ask :?: