I want my money back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: I want my money back

Interesting to see a large infestation of the money-back virus sweeping through the Collingwood club.

Looks like we've contained the virus to a really really small number at our club.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 6:25am
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Wed 01 Apr 2020 12:32pm First of all, don't want my money back. Secondly, to a virus, all we are is food and by isolating and keeping our distance we are denying the virus from feeding. As bad as the flu, the flu has a death rate of about0.1% per thousand of population, this has a death rate of 1 to 2.5% so it is at least 10 times deadlier than the flu.
It is also a virus our species has never encountered before because it made zoonotic step from bat, probably to pangolin to us and is a warning that we are encroaching to much onto other species territories and coming in too close proximity with animals that carry viruses we have never encountered.
The next time this happens, we could have a virus as contagious as tis one, and it is more contagious the flu, combined with the lethality of something like Ebola. If that happens, we can expect a death toll unseen by our species since the Black Death of the 1,400's.
On that note, I wish everyone good health and hope this virus doesn't touch you. Stay healthy and hopefully we may have some games to go to in a few months.
Can the world force a cultural change on some Chinese that insist on eating animals no human should?

I doubt it. They will continue and more animal Bourne viruses will appear.

Bit one thing the world could’ve done is spent more money on developing vaccines for these types of Coronaviruses and not just hoped they wouldn’t happen again.

SARS was way deadlier than COVID-19 but wasn’t as contagious so we got sucked into a false sense of security
Well, which are the animals a human should eat? Assuming you're a meat-eater, what's your criteria? That they're the same animals your mates eat? Why rabbit but not bat, for example?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 12:04pm
saintspremiers wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 6:25am
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Wed 01 Apr 2020 12:32pm First of all, don't want my money back. Secondly, to a virus, all we are is food and by isolating and keeping our distance we are denying the virus from feeding. As bad as the flu, the flu has a death rate of about0.1% per thousand of population, this has a death rate of 1 to 2.5% so it is at least 10 times deadlier than the flu.
It is also a virus our species has never encountered before because it made zoonotic step from bat, probably to pangolin to us and is a warning that we are encroaching to much onto other species territories and coming in too close proximity with animals that carry viruses we have never encountered.
The next time this happens, we could have a virus as contagious as tis one, and it is more contagious the flu, combined with the lethality of something like Ebola. If that happens, we can expect a death toll unseen by our species since the Black Death of the 1,400's.
On that note, I wish everyone good health and hope this virus doesn't touch you. Stay healthy and hopefully we may have some games to go to in a few months.
Can the world force a cultural change on some Chinese that insist on eating animals no human should?

I doubt it. They will continue and more animal Bourne viruses will appear.

Bit one thing the world could’ve done is spent more money on developing vaccines for these types of Coronaviruses and not just hoped they wouldn’t happen again.

SARS was way deadlier than COVID-19 but wasn’t as contagious so we got sucked into a false sense of security
Well, which are the animals a human should eat? Assuming you're a meat-eater, what's your criteria? That they're the same animals your mates eat? Why rabbit but not bat, for example?
Because bats carry viruses FFS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So do ducks, chickens, pigs, whales, horses, and seals

Not to mention rabbits

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Humans carry viruses too.

Harves Man
Club Player

Yeah, you're right - we probably shouldn't eat humans.

Harves Man
Club Player

"And don't forget my black tee shirt".

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Harves Man wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 12:11am Yeah, you're right - we probably shouldn't eat humans.
That's really good by you.

What will you be spending your membership refund on?

barneyboyz
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 6:44pm So do ducks, chickens, pigs, whales, horses, and seals

Not to mention rabbits
Of those that you mention that we actually eat (in Straya at least), we generally cook the shyte out of it to get rid of much of these things. There is a propensity for less of this 'cooking' these days, especially for red meat, which isn't my thing really...but each to their own

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 8:05am
skeptic wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 6:44pm So do ducks, chickens, pigs, whales, horses, and seals

Not to mention rabbits
Of those that you mention that we actually eat (in Straya at least), we generally cook the shyte out of it to get rid of much of these things. There is a propensity for less of this 'cooking' these days, especially for red meat, which isn't my thing really...but each to their own
But as Stinger rightly said. DO NOT EAT BATS.

For that matter, no eating of rats or monkeys either, or any primates for good measure. They are the high virus animals that will kill us through new Corona viruses

The above animals should be forbidden.

Let’s be sensible about it - and not try and protect the ridiculous

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Latest world figures.

Active
Recovered
Deaths

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 8:50am

Not to mention rabbits

For that matter, no eating of rats or monkeys either, or any primates for good measure. They are the high virus animals that will kill us through new Corona viruses

Veganism will be the new world order.

Instead of football, meat pies and holdens cars, it will be playstation, lental burgers and great wall cars.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 11:27am

Not to mention rabbits

Instead of football, meat pies and holdens cars, it will be playstation, lental burgers and great wall cars.
bulls***. I will never buy a Chinese made car. Heap of s***. Playstations bore me shitless and I never eat hamburgers

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Why rabbit but not bat, for example?
coz wabbit tastes ok ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yea

the new world order will be

don’t buy chinese quality goods
invest in home manufacturing ‘n supply chains
of essentials
purchase home made shite
support your neighbour , local community

coz when the SH1T really hits the fan
grasshoppers

all we’ll each have to protect us
is
our neighbours in our local communities

thats a good thing to WAKE UP to

ay.

forget slowmo from marketing
riding through on his white stallion
to inspire the troops

his new one word slogan
will be

DUCK.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 12:40pm

Not to mention rabbits

bulls***. I will never buy a Chinese made car. Heap of s***. Playstations bore me shitless and I never eat hamburgers
If you drive a car you already have purchased a Chinese car.

wally
Club Player

Back on topic............... I think its not unreasonable to be refunded the seating/entry component of the membership, as this is mainly where the cost/price
difference occurs.
I have been an interstate member for a long time sometimes there is no game in Qld or I'm working elsewhere at the time.
I am sympathetic to those who pay a lot more for reserved seating etc , and families also

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 1:20pm

Not to mention rabbits

Again. I call bulls***. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Chinese fudge figures

China does not know extent of its outbreak, CIA tells White House

Washington: US intelligence agencies have concluded that the Chinese government itself does not know the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in China and is as blind as the rest of the world, according to current and former intelligence officials.
A resident crosses a road while cars wait for traffic lights on April 02 in Wuhan, Hubei, China, where residents with green health code are allowed to go out in public.

A resident crosses a road while cars wait for traffic lights on April 02 in Wuhan, Hubei, China, where residents with green health code are allowed to go out in public. Credit:Getty

The CIA has been warning the White House since at least early February that China has vastly understated its coronavirus infections and that its count could not be relied upon as the United States compiles predictive models to fight the virus.

The intelligence briefings in recent weeks, based at least in part on information from CIA assets in China, played an important role in President Donald Trump's negotiation on Thursday of an apparent détente with President Xi Jinping of China.

Since then, both countries have ratcheted back criticism of each other.

Obtaining a more accurate count of the Chinese rate of infection and deaths from the virus has worldwide public health implications at a time of grave uncertainty over the virus, its speed of transmission and other fundamental questions..

The CIA doesn't believe China's numbers.

For US officials, the totals are critical to getting a better understanding of how COVID-19 will affect the United States in the months to come and of the effectiveness of countermeasures like social distancing, according to US intelligence agencies and White House officials.

So far, to the frustration of both the White House and the intelligence community, the agencies have been unable to glean more accurate numbers through their collection efforts.

Mid-level bureaucrats in the city of Wuhan, where the virus originated, and elsewhere in China have been lying about infection rates, testing and death counts, fearful that if they report numbers that are too high they will be punished, lose their position or worse, current and former intelligence officials said.

Bureaucratic misreporting is a chronic problem for any government, but it has grown worse in China as the communist leadership has taken a more authoritarian turn in recent years under Xi.

No complete picture of the virus exists anywhere because of factors beyond government suppression, including testing shortages, varying measurement standards and asymptomatic infections that could account for up to 1 in 4 coronavirus cases.

Iran has obfuscated its struggles with the pandemic. Italy's death count of more than 13,000, the most worldwide, leaves out people who died outside hospitals. Testing in the United States lags behind other countries.

But since January, White House officials have come to view with scepticism the Chinese tallies in particular and asked the CIA and other intelligence agencies to prioritise collection of information on China.

Bloomberg News first reported the CIA's assessment that China was underreporting its virus diagnoses and deaths.

Officials played down a revelation about an intelligence report sent last week to the White House, saying that the CIA has for several weeks told White House officials not to trust the numbers that Beijing was handing to the World Health Organisation.

The US intelligence about understated numbers predates recent reporting in the Chinese news media that the death count in Wuhan could be 5000 or more, double the official number. Intelligence officers have not verified the news media reports and have left them out of their reports, according to people briefed on their work.

US officials cautioned that even with their own sourcing, many of the intelligence agencies' warnings to the White House since the beginning of the outbreak have hewed relatively closely to reports from journalists, who have been aggressively reporting on the coronavirus outbreak in China and the Chinese government's efforts to suppress reporting about its spread.

China has credited its drastic containment measures — including a lockdown of nearly 60 million people — for a drop in newly reported cases in recent weeks, but many people outside its government have raised concerns that the figures are incomplete.

For example, China has not been reporting the number of asymptomatic cases it is aware of. As many as 25 per cent of people who contract the virus may not show signs of it, the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention have said.

Asked about China's numbers at a news conference on Wednesday, Robert C. O'Brien, the national security adviser, said the United States was "not in a position" to confirm them. Without acknowledging any classified intelligence reports, he noted that public reporting had called the numbers into question.

"There's no way to confirm any of those numbers," O'Brien said. "There's lots of public reporting on whether the numbers are too low."

Officials also said that China's underreporting of its pandemic totals was unsurprising, saying that official statistics from the country are often lies.

As to whether or not their numbers are accurate, I'm not an accountant from China.
Donald J. Trump

Meanwhile, signs suggested that the threat of the outbreak, at least, is persisting in China.

Residents of Wuhan, epicentre of the coronavirus epidemic, should strengthen self-protection measures and avoid going out unless it is necessary, the city's Communist Party chief said.

Wang Zhonglin was quoted as saying in a statement published by the Wuhan city government that the risk of a rebound in the city's coronavirus epidemic remained high due to both internal and external risks and that it must continue to maintain prevention and control measures.

Tensions between Washington and Beijing had been high after the virus spread beyond Wuhan and reached the United States, forcing shutdowns of wide swathes of the economy to control the spread.

Chinese diplomats have spread disinformation, including false reports that the virus originated from a US Army lab and other conspiracy theories. Trump has retaliated by referring to COVID-19 as "the Chinese virus," and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo derailed an international communiqué in an effort to label the disease as coming from China.

But after the call between Xi and Trump last week, an uneasy peace took hold. While the Chinese media has continued to spread conspiracy theories, the most prominent Chinese diplomats have tempered their comments.

Trump, too, has toned down his harsh language. Asked about intelligence reports that China had misreported the virus's damage, Trump suggested he may have discussed the matter with Xi.

"The numbers seem to be a little bit on the light side, and I'm being nice when I say that, relative to what we witnessed and what was reported, but we discussed that with him," Trump said. "Not so much the numbers as what they did and how they're doing."

But then Trump mentioned his trade deal and Chinese spending on American agriculture and tempered his criticism.

"As to whether or not their numbers are accurate," he said, "I'm not an accountant from China."

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 1:58pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 1:20pm

Not to mention rabbits

Again. I call bulls***. :roll:
You can call BS all you like but I assure you your car is loaded with Chinese content, in many cases it is above 80%.

Even your good ole Holden and Ford is stack loaded with Chinese content.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

there’s more traffic in the General Forum
than in here

BWHAHAHAHA

sorry , i is easily amused :P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 11:09am Interesting to see a large infestation of the money-back virus sweeping through the Collingwood club.

Looks like we've contained the virus to a really really small number at our club.
They are the bogan club..many on centrelink, their kids miss out on food to buy memberships, any wonder they want it back.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 3:50pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 02 Apr 2020 11:09am Interesting to see a large infestation of the money-back virus sweeping through the Collingwood club.

They are the bogan club..many on centrelink, their kids miss out on food to buy memberships, any wonder they want it back.
Many memberships are purchased with credit, if you can't pay for discretionary items like entertainment with savings then you should foresake discretionary spending until you can afford it. A few generations ago this was called living within your means. Is it possible there are a few generations about to learn how to do it? Time will tell.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I will never post from a Chinese made device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"