Umpires ruin another season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires ruin another season

CURLY wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 4:06pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 3:57pm Thank you for starting this thread Curly, may it continue and you refrain from posting about umpires on the match day thread.
Only throw out a small lure gets him every time.
Small lure Curly? A small lure? I'm sorry my friend but you load the water with burly and hook a kingy on a black magic 8/0 hook or a Pukula big blue Marlin lure when it comes to Umpire bashing.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Kilda
Club Player

As with any game of footy, there are questionable decisions. But today the loss lies with the players and not umpiring decisions.

We had command of general play in the first half but squandered chances. The same for the first half of the third quarter.

I think Marshall was fortunate to have been awarded that mark in the dying minutes of the game yet he should not have missed from close range.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 3:31pm When we were dominating we got zero from the umps to point Ray even ignored a clear kick and trip. The two deliberates both horrendous calls. Goldsteins using both hands to push our rucks out of contests allowed to go in penalised. Constant forward 50 tackles not getting rewarded. Absolute joke.
Max King got a good run... 2 goals from free kicks?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 6:37pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 6:27pm How am I wrong? If King didn’t get the free Membrey still had s set shot from 15 out.
Because the free was deemed before the next action - the mark doesnt count
what you are erroneously talking about didnt happen
the only way it "might" have happened your way was if Membrey was in an advantage situation
The point still remains we had the ball 15 out the umpire didn't do us a huge favour.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

you really need to open your eyes a bit when watching the footy
King was closer to goal than membrey - which I would imagine would just be a case for another whinge if it was actually reversed
But regardless the free was paid before the membrey got his hands on it and the position on the ground was certainly not "advantageous"

Seeya
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 24 Mar 2020 6:09pm you really need to open your eyes a bit when watching the footy
King was closer to goal than membrey - which I would imagine would just be a case for another whinge if it was actually reversed
But regardless the free was paid before the membrey got his hands on it and the position on the ground was certainly not "advantageous"
The point is the umpire giving King a free wasn’t a huge advantage. Like a umpire giving you a free when a team mate is running off down the ground.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 24 Mar 2020 7:12pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 24 Mar 2020 6:09pm you really need to open your eyes a bit when watching the footy
The point is the umpire giving King a free wasn’t a huge advantage. Like a umpire giving you a free when a team mate is running off down the ground.
Arguing with those that refuse to see, is a waste of energy mate.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Well one good thing... I won't have to read rubbish like this for a while.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 25 Mar 2020 2:35pm Well one good thing... I won't have to read rubbish like this for a while.
I think its great Curly has started this thread, if it stops him/her spamming the match day thread and contains it to a thread that can be re-hashed after each time we are screwed over by the AFL sanctioned cheating umpires I for one will be grateful.

I do not understand how he/she has not been banned from the match day thread with the constant spamming season after season.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 25 Mar 2020 3:14pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 25 Mar 2020 2:35pm Well one good thing... I won't have to read rubbish like this for a while.
I think its great Curly has started this thread, if it stops him/her spamming the match day thread and contains it to a thread that can be re-hashed after each time we are screwed over by the AFL sanctioned cheating umpires I for one will be grateful.

I do not understand how he/she has not been banned from the match day thread with the constant spamming season after season.
Your right, just have to look at the thread author and give it a wide birth. Too easy.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I reckon bagging the s*** out players through out those threads is much better to read.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 26 Mar 2020 10:20am

Yeah I reckon bagging the s*** out players through out those threads is much better to read.
:wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Thu 26 Mar 2020 10:20am

I do not agree with your comment that bagging the players is better to read!
Oh sarcasm, just got it :wink:

Personally I think they are on a par, as they are both moronic and pointless and most often without basis.

If someone is spamming the match day thread with player, coach or club abuse they should be banned from the thread, in my humble opinion if any halfwit is spamming the match day thread or baiting on the forum regardless of the topic they should be banned from the thread or serve a forum holiday.

I reiterate this thread is well received as it clearly defines the topic and gives the forum user the choice to read it or not.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 24 Mar 2020 7:12pm
I don’t know why people couldn’t understand this.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"