Marshall over the moon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Marshall over the moon

I'm concerned King could be injury prone, his athleticism could be his curse. The way he was tunnelled under that ball that led to his injury has me concerned. Yes he was a high DP but so was Padddy. Yes we do need two KPFs in the team, we just don't know who they are yet. Heaps of options for the short term in 2020 but the forward line has been a weakness for a few years now. Ryder and Marshall are the obvious choice as a stop gap measure and we have 3 other tall options who all play down back. Carslisle to play minutes in the forward line is the obvious choice.

Legendary
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:21am I'm concerned King could be injury prone, his athleticism could be his curse. The way he was tunnelled under that ball that led to his injury has me concerned. Yes he was a high DP but so was Paddy.
Wasn't Riewoldt incredibly athletic? And he got tunneled repeatedly. He also missed most of his first year with injury too. He was also a high DP.

Paddy has never been athletic - never moved quickly (watch his junior tapes). Relied on size and strength. Big difference in my view.

To the top
SS Life Member

Talk about hyperventilating

Now King is too “athletic”

No doubt there are differences in the definition of “athletic” depending on your height as a start point

But to suggest that any player Drafted onto an AFL List is not “athletic” is a nonsense

Look at the training regime - including at junior levels

The day’s of the 1950’s when a ruckman was selected on his height alone, because he could win hit outs but not impact other than at those contests are a long time gone

Secret Kiel
Club Player

who said King was too athletic?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:22pm who said King was too athletic?
You.

"I'm concerned King could be injury prone, his athleticism could be his curse."

:roll:

Secret Kiel
Club Player

I suppose that's what happens when you go off half cocked

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Legendary wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:14am
Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:21am I'm concerned King could be injury prone, his athleticism could be his curse. The way he was tunnelled under that ball that led to his injury has me concerned. Yes he was a high DP but so was Paddy.
Wasn't Riewoldt incredibly athletic? And he got tunneled repeatedly. He also missed most of his first year with injury too. He was also a high DP.

Paddy has never been athletic - never moved quickly (watch his junior tapes). Relied on size and strength. Big difference in my view.
As a side note I think there should be some very serious penalties for tunnelling, in the error of athleticism, tunnelling should be viewed similarly to the way we view protecting the head.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:41pm
Legendary wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:14am

As a side note I think there should be some very serious penalties for tunnelling, in the error of athleticism, tunnelling should be viewed similarly to the way we view protecting the head.
Agree totally, very dangerous practice!
Along with the spear tackle or a high front on hit its something that could cause a serious neck or back injury.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
barneyboyz
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:37pm I suppose that's what happens when you go off half cocked
Apology accepted :) :wink:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: