AFL is a Joke. Tony Greene still suspended!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lewdogs
Club Player

Re: AFL is a Joke. Tony Greene still suspended!

Honestly do people actually feel sorry for him? He was bloody lucky to get off last week and then puts his hand on someones eye again. Absoulute moron.

AFL conspiracy, yeah right. The AFL would love GWS to make the big dance.

'Tony' only has himself to blame.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:55am
fugazi wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:51am Referring to what he did to Bont. But what is he doing putting his hands on the face of the Lions player? He knows he's doing it too, it is deliberate and totally unnecessary. He can miss a final and have a bit of a think about it.
Yep this. Also lied at the tribunal with a bulls*** story that he was trying to reach the ball. Lied after the last tribunal when he was “so sorry”.

The ball was under Neale’s face.

Lol are you really that upset because he said ‘I’m sorry’ a week prior to getting reported? Is this kindergarten?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:12am Honestly do people actually feel sorry for him? He was bloody lucky to get off last week and then puts his hand on someones eye again. Absoulute moron.

I like the good players be allowed to play the game without getting suspended for things such as touching a player on the nose...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Murdoch is 88, so who knows when his expiry date is and what will happen when others control his empire??

ToT the AFL gets their best ratings when an interstate team is in the Granny. Not sure if this translates to GWS though but it may.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:20am
lewdogs wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:12am Honestly do people actually feel sorry for him? He was bloody lucky to get off last week and then puts his hand on someones eye again. Absoulute moron.

I like the good players be allowed to play the game without getting suspended for things such as touching a player on the nose...
It was more than a touch. It was a solid push to the nose. Probably worthy of a $2,000 fine at most, but not a suspension.

The AFL will fight tooth and nail to keep Toby suspended on appeal due to both the Bomt eye gouge and Hawkins suspension. Let’s face it - I was surprised Hawkins got suspended given how soft the MRP had been re suspensions leading up to last week. Maybe Mr Christian is BiPolar? That could explain it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

can they appeal again ?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:27am can they appeal again ?
yes......already in motion

last night was tribunal

thursday is the appeal

saint4life
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:29am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:27am can they appeal again ?
yes......already in motion

last night was tribunal

thursday is the appeal
aahh thanks

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Greene's been suspended for his actions over 2 weeks - simple as that.

The AFL wants players on the park in finals, thats why they let him off last week, but for him to try it again, he deserves the week for stupidity.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:43am Greene's been suspended for his actions over 2 weeks - simple as that.

The AFL wants players on the park in finals, thats why they let him off last week, but for him to try it again, he deserves the week for stupidity.
No such rule.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:18am
fugazi wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:51am Referring to what he did to Bont. But what is he doing putting his hands on the face of the Lions player? He knows he's doing it too, it is deliberate and totally unnecessary. He can miss a final and have a bit of a think about it.
Yep this. Also lied at the tribunal with a bulls*** story that he was trying to reach the ball. Lied after the last tribunal when he was “so sorry”.

Lol are you really that upset because he said ‘I’m sorry’ a week prior to getting reported? Is this kindergarten?
Dude, no need to belittle. Nope not upset. His ‘apology’ and subsequent behaviour show just how genuine his remorse was...not. Scroll down to the GIF in this article :

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/toby- ... fb7283eaa9

That is in no way an attempt to ‘get the ball’.
Last edited by st.byron on Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:54am, edited 2 times in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:47am
St Chris wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:43am Greene's been suspended for his actions over 2 weeks - simple as that.

No such rule.

Exactly right.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:51am

Dude, no need to belittle. Nope not upset. His ‘apology’ and subsequent behaviour show just how genuine his remorse was...not. Scroll down to the GIF in this article :

Looks as if he was trying to keep the ball in, not get it.

And it’s a ridiculous statement to even suggest he lied by saying sorry the week prior. I’m really not sure what that adds.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Shane Wakelin sitting on the tribunal. The same Shane Wakelin interviewed in the Collingwood rooms after they beat Geelong saying brilliant hopefully we can go one better this year.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:59am

And it’s a ridiculous statement to even suggest he lied by saying sorry the week prior. I’m really not sure what that adds.
Chill out mate.
If anyone sounds upset, it's you Spinner.
To be honest most on here probably don't care that much.
When GWS meet Pies the ideal result would be that they both lose.
But Toby has been a serial offender, he got a reprieve from the MRP the week before and basically buttered up in the next game.
I reckon he deserves to be on the sidelines for a week.
Other think differently.
I've moved on to the trade period now, because that actually means something to the Saints.

Nee!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:15pm
Spinner wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:59am

Chill out mate.
If anyone sounds upset, it's you Spinner.
To be honest most on here probably don't care that much.
When GWS meet Pies the ideal result would be that they both lose.
But Toby has been a serial offender, he got a reprieve from the MRP the week before and basically buttered up in the next game.
Other think differently.
I've moved on to the trade period now, because that actually means something to the Saints.
Agree with your take on it. I hope Collingwood win this week, purely n the interests of getting the best game in the GF. Pies / Tigers would be good to watch.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:22am Shane Wakelin sitting on the tribunal. The same Shane Wakelin interviewed in the Collingwood rooms after they beat Geelong saying brilliant hopefully we can go one better this year.
That does smell a bit. Inappropriate for him to be on the tribunal when so clearly aligned with a particular team.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:51pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:22am Shane Wakelin sitting on the tribunal. The same Shane Wakelin interviewed in the Collingwood rooms after they beat Geelong saying brilliant hopefully we can go one better this year.
That does smell a bit. Inappropriate for him to be on the tribunal when so clearly aligned with a particular team.

The whole thing stinks. Ed McGuire for a start as president of a club shouldn't be allowed to comment during and after the broadcast about the incident either. He had Green hung on Saturday night and it gains momentum from there.

BarryGrogan
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:15pm
Fact is, what people deserve doesn't matter.

If they broke the rules, they don't play. If they didn't, thry do play.

Doesn't matter if you're Hitler or Mandela.

The AFL making up the rules as they go depending on what they think people deserve is nothing short of outrageous.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:56pm

The whole thing stinks. Ed McGuire for a start as president of a club shouldn't be allowed to comment during and after the broadcast about the incident either. He had Green hung on Saturday night and it gains momentum from there.
I’m not nearly as conspiracy oriented as you are, but McGuire does get up my nose too. I heard him during the Cats / Eagles game complaining about there being a jumper clash and how the Eagles should have been wearing blue shorts. What a Pot Kettle Black moment - Ed McGuire complaining about another club’s strip clash.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:37pm

I’m not nearly as conspiracy oriented as you are, but McGuire does get up my nose too. I heard him during the Cats / Eagles game complaining about there being a jumper clash and how the Eagles should have been wearing blue shorts. What a Pot Kettle Black moment - Ed McGuire complaining about another club’s strip clash.
Look at what goes on the whole AFL is dictated by a few individuals and a few clubs best interests. Look at Barry Hall on Goose. The Stevie Baker suspension.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:47pm
st.byron wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:37pm

Look at what goes on the whole AFL is dictated by a few individuals and a few clubs best interests. Look at Barry Hall on Goose. The Stevie Baker suspension.
Yep there are some things that aren’t right, the fixture for a start. But that doesn’t mean the whole edifice is rotten.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

It may not be St Byron but once something starts rotting it is highly unlikely to unrot.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The list goes on. Ed McGuire declaring he will go to war if Collingwood dont win a flag before the GC and GWS concessions take effect. Next thing AFL allows blatant draft tampering for Ball to join and Jolly slips in under the salary cap. They win 2010 the year before it takes effect.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 18 Sep 2019 2:01pm It may not be St Byron but once something starts rotting it is highly unlikely to unrot.
Yeah...but...look at FIFA as another example. Clearly corrupt in awarding the World Cup to Qatar. And I’m sure there are lots of other examples of dodginess in FIFA. That though, doesn’t mean that the whole of the World Cup is rotten. That all the matches and who the eventual winner is, is corrupt.
There are politics and injustice in every sport and pretty much every aspect of life. It’s right to call it out and not sweep it under the carpet. At the same time, people can also focus on that so much that every interaction and decision by authorities is seen through that lens. Then the whole world just becomes one big conspiracy theory and endless chain of persecution. Where’s the joy or pleasure in that?

Curly I reckon that’s pretty much your world view, based on what you post on here, and I wonder if you actually get any enjoyment out of the footy, or if you’re so concerned about cheating and persecution that it’s only about that. Sounds really unenjoyable to me.