St.kilda's Coaching Selection Committee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: St.kilda's Coaching Selection Committee

skeptic wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:32pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:44am Why set up this farce committee at all, haven't we already decided on our coach, or coaches as it looks like the role will be shared by multiples?

Anyway we haven't got long to wait...
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 10:13pm Rumours surrounding Lyon coming to Saints.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:46am Robert Harvey in the running for head coach.

This is gathering momentum. Look out.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2019 10:28pm Ratts for coach...
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:53pm Hearing B Scott will be the coach unless we can coax someone else.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 4:56pm Coach will be announced before our last game.
Hahaha got him, clean bowled.

What a farcical situation
So there are multiple candidates. That's good isn't it? Can't see the point of the post. Just jealous Joffa doing his 24/7 research.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Laurie wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:45am The club is a circus under clowns Finnis and Lethlean not surprised one bit they got a seat on the selection commitee.
It will be another boys club appointment in Brad Scott .
And then they expect us to be loyal to our club after treating memebers and supporters like fools.
Our membership numbers will fall if Scott is appointed.

<1day ban for demeaning a Saints official>
Gee...fan forum, or public service? Its our forum, if we want to label a club official as a 'clown' then so be it.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Exactly Takers. There is no context to the OP's of the posts and only tiny snippets of what I have posted. Its mischievous and is purposeful baiting which has been reported to the mod already. Typical.

The usual suspects (non-intellectuals) wouldn't even notice.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:48pm Exactly Takers. There is no context to the OP's of the posts and only tiny snippets of what I have posted. Its mischievous and is purposeful baiting which has been reported to the mod already. Typical.

The usual suspects (non-intellectuals) wouldn't even notice.
Maybe they thought you were on the committee...you know, inside knowledge and all?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

What Committee?
What inside knowledge?

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:56pm What Committee?
What inside knowledge?
Hmmm...smells like bait to me. Oh well...

(a) Look at the title of the thread.
(b) The inside knowledge you consistently claim you have. It's your story mate, I'm just clarifying.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:44am Why set up this farce committee at all, haven't we already decided on our coach, or coaches as it looks like the role will be shared by multiples?

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2019 10:13pm Rumours surrounding Lyon coming to Saints.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:46am Robert Harvey in the running for head coach.

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:53pm Hearing B Scott will be the coach unless we can coax someone else.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 4:56pm Coach will be announced before our last game.

Look out, he’ll be announcing Micky Milkshake is in the race soon or <insert> whichever coach is written in the media :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:47pm
Laurie wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 6:45am The club is a circus under clowns Finnis and Lethlean not surprised one bit they got a seat on the selection commitee.
And then they expect us to be loyal to our club after treating memebers and supporters like fools.

Gee...fan forum, or public service? Its our forum, if we want to label a club official as a 'clown' then so be it.
Simon I’m sorry mate, but if that’s actually a ban for writing that, that is unbalanced. You can’t call Finnis and Lethlean clowns? Seriously???

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 8:39pm

So there are multiple candidates. That's good isn't it? Can't see the point of the post. Just jealous Joffa doing his 24/7 research.
Yep, you got me Tedaway 👍
Jealous of an anonymous pretend ITK on an Internet forum.

Thanks for the compliment on the research and rehashing my post, couldn’t ask for a better recommendation.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 9:34pm

Thanks for the compliment on the research and rehashing my post, couldn’t ask for a better recommendation.
So pleased for you Joffa. Doing something you love, not many achieve that.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 10:04pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 9:34pm

So pleased for you Joffa. Doing something you love, not many achieve that.
Yep 😂

It’s a good life 👍

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

This is looking like the Sydney appointment of Roos. From memory he took over as caretaker coach but apparently Terry Wallace was going to go from Footscray to Sydney as the new coach. Everyone kicked up a big stink and Roos was then appointed senior coach. The rest is history - here it is!

In this case it looks like BraSco has been given the nod but Ratten may be popular with the players and supporters.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I like clowns, I know it's a phobia but I know that phobia is on sight, not the written word.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 9:18pm

Simon I’m sorry mate, but if that’s actually a ban for writing that, that is unbalanced. You can’t call Finnis and Lethlean clowns? Seriously???
and here is why i backed you in as a mod , mr byron
... willing to speak it straight

good work sir.

i agree Simon

you are off the deep end
... ratchet it back a bit

all in all
the punters are behaving themselves

imo
fwtw

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
HighettMan
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 9:18pm

I could not agree anymore SB, you should be allowed to abuse any person you like, BUT!, you should also be allowed to abuse the person that is doing the abusing. And therein lies the conundrum I suppose.

I truly believe that people like you could then come on here and denigrate someone's character at the club behind the safety of an anonymous social media account, you could even run a long and relentless smearing agenda fueled with lies and false claims against someone who does not have the right of reply or ability to defend themselves, HOWEVER!, people like me should be allowed to counter these attacks openly in the forum.

But therein lies another conundrum, one man's form of acceptable restraint and fairninded objective feedback is another man's open slather.

The other issue, and you can probably relate to this, is posters who argue they should be allowed to come on here and have a fair crack, (well as pointed out above, thier version of "fair"), at individual's at the club are usually the ones that scream louder than stuck pigs when a poster has a "fair" crack back at them. Your clasic, "can give it but can't take it" so to spreak.

You'll notice these posters, they are the ones who'll cry, "you never give an opinion, you just attack others who do", or "blind faith", or "blue sky brigade", or my favorite, "I pay good money for my membership so I am entitled to hold someone accountable".

So I agree, Simon's system for moderation appears at times to be skewd and inconsistent and is clearly filtered through his narrow views which is not saying his views are narrow, just narrow by nature of being only one moderater and not a committee of mods to widen the broaders views of society.

It's why I think if Simon relaxed "his" rules or the policing of "his" rules to allow posters to more "vigorously" debate each other as a form of Open Community Moderation (OCM), then we could access said broaders views and it may even be an improved system of moderation, so sought of think of OCM as self moderation and subordinate to Simon's overarching moderation.

It may even invite more participation on the board through this type of engagement.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

HM, I really enjoy how you more than anyone get my juices flowing to post, that's a good thing because you do make me think and take into account other views.

It usually ends with you saying, "You really don't understand" or "You don't get get it, do you?" Or words to that effect.

Mate, please feel free to say either of those sayings for your above post because, this time, I really do not get it.

HighettMan
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2019 9:01am HM, I really enjoy how you more than anyone get my juices flowing to post, that's a good thing because you do make me think and take into account other views.

It usually ends with you saying, "You really don't understand" or "You don't get get it, do you?" Or words to that effect.

Mate, please feel free to say either of those sayings for your above post because, this time, I really do not get it.
Apologies, I do normally try and keep my post lengths within the percentile range for SS anthropometrics.

Did you know gold fish have an attention span of 3 seconds.

But mate I digress, I just don't like seeing the defenceless being targeted. For whatever reason it doesn't sit well with me, whereas I'm ok with posters going each other (within certain boundaries).

It's why you are confused about my postion on AR. You think I'm a fan boy which couldn't be further from the truth. If you paid attention along the way you would know I've offered several critial views and opinions about AR, but objective and fair minded views and opinions. But these get lost in the froth. Clearly.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I wish I knew more goldfish! I also wish I knew more big words to at least pretend I was smart.

Totally agree HM, there is nothing nobler than defending those that can't defend themselves. Kudos to that gesture. I think we all get a bit lost in our perception of the vehicle that is Saintsational.

Whilst some may believe all that is written here ends up on the big screen at Times Square or that journos are trolling here for their next Walkley or Pulitzer award, sadly for them the reality is they aren't.

This is a vehicle to vent and express, nothing more, nothing less. I don't believe AR or any player would give a fat rats clacker about what's written on here. I know for every view there's a polar opposite, so wait 10 minutes and balance is restored. You simply restore balance, that's great.

You & I have disagreed on many things, I actually like that. We have also agreed on the most fundamental thing that continually holds St Kilda back, getting the 3 fundamentals correct at the same time: Coaching, Recruitment & Development. Only a strong Administration can do that. We are very much like the boy with the wheelbarrow.

Whilst you nobly defend AR for reasons that he apparently can't defend himself, I think he could but seriously he wouldn't care about faceless posters, I still don't know if you believe he should or should not have been sacked.

Bottom line HM, I've said this before, my rule of thumb for posting is I won't post anything I wouldn't say to a strangers face in a pub.

Josh Battle
Club Player

So there it is. HM is like a sort of vigilante defender of justice and he is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good

We finally have our very own Marvel super hero right here at Saintsational

I wonder what sort of costume the great Highettman wears?

HighettMan
Club Player

Good rule.

For the record, and as previously stated on many occasions, I thought it was the right thing to keep Alan for this season while SL got his feet under the desk and prepare a robust succession plan. It didn't mean I wasn't critical of some of the coaching at times. The place would have reverted to a circus and type had SL been in the place 5 mins and started a slash N burn. So yeah I thought and stated Alan had to get us to finals this year or he was gone, had to go whateve. I'm now starting to think BR was always the succession plan.

Ps. I don't use big words because Im smart, I just have a wide vocabulary.

axcellence
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 2:25pm How did Simon Lethlean come to be appointed General Manager of the Football Department to begin with :?:

He has never held this position at an AFL club previously :?:

WHY :?:

He had a cushy job at the AFL where he showed incredibly poor judgement when he cheating on his wife.

Strength though Loyalty :roll:

Then a few months later he is appointed General Manager of Football at St.kilda after having never held this position before. :roll:

Jobs for the boys!

The recruitment of Hannebery was a disaster from the get go.
Anyone with a clue knew Hannebery was cooked already after coming off two very ordinary injury interrupted seasons.
Lethlean not only gives a 29 yo injury riddled player a four year deal at $800,000 a year which clearly would have been enough to get the deal done as this enabled Sydney to free up their salary cap and get a cooked player off their books, he also trades away St.kilda's second round draft selection in this years draft.

Any shrewd negotiator would have secured this deal without sacrificing an early second round draft selection. Any competent decision maker would not have recruited Hannebery to begin with.

Or was it yet another case of jobs for the boys and looking after a mates son :?:

Lethlean also was going to sacrifice pick 4 and Max King by offering Dylan Shiel 1.4 million a year for five, six or seven years or whatever nonsense it was. :roll:

Lethlean was only saved from this ridiculously idiotic decision by Shiel rejecting St.kilda for Essendon.

Another clear example of his flawed decision making and questionable judgement.

How does he maintain objectivity if his good mate Brad Scott applies for the coaching position :?:

I am reasonably confident Brad Scott will not be appointed as the fall out from this would be extreme.

However, we are talking about the St.kilda Football Club here and it has been run by goofballs for almost it's entire history.

If I was on the Coaching Selection Committee the list of candidates would be as follows and in no particular order:-

Lenny Hayes
Robert Harvey
Brett Ratten
Sam Mitchell
Alistair Clarkson

Any one of those five based on availability and interest!

If BS is appointed then you know without a shadow of doubt the AFL trojan horse operators are pissing on you from a great height.
I don't have a single word here in your post that I disagree with.

Matt Finnis and Lethlean both need to leave the club. And that list manager who re-signed Dmac for 3. Also, the guys saying, "oh, we can fix Hanneberry". They couldn't fix a much younger Freeman - is that not enough of a clue?

Laurie
Club Player

Totally agree 100% with axcellence.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:24am
66Iwasthere wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2019 7:45am You forget the Chair of the committee is our Pres. Very astute businessman from the recruitment industry. Doesn't give the impression he would let a boys club sway him.
Think this prez might be a puppet sadly ....
This decision is appalling
Completely unfounded rubbish Teflon. Basset is a self made made man worth hundreds of millions of dollars with a stellar reputation for excellence in business and personal conduct. Not one ounce of impropriety or weakness about him.

He is definitely no ones puppet.

Ask yourself this: why would a person with those qualities involve himself in an organisation - on a voluntary, unpaid basis - where he would damage his hard won reputation?

Go you red, black & white warriors
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The issue at play here IMO is that the majority of the criticism directed at Richo over the last 18 months has been about his performance as coach and his decision making.

The criticism of that criticism has focused more on supporter loyalty, a perception of things being personal and this bizarre concept that posting an opinion on this opinion forum is underhanded and reflects cowardice.

Very little of effort actually goes into challenging or even discussing the topics at play here... I suspect that the reason for this is ultimately that a lot of the quote unquote criticism is reflected in both performance, results and decision making now.

Have never understood the underlying current of trying to turn this into something that it’s not.

Me personally, I’ve never abused Richo or criticised his character. I have been highly critical over his decision making / performance as I’ve seen it over 18mths.
I talk about that on this forum. Would I say any of this stuff directly to Richo? It’s hard to see a scenario where that would be appropriate to do so... I’m hardly going to approach him on the street or yell stuff over the fence at Moorabbin. Weird behaviour.

There is no need for things to get personal. Don’t know why people feel the need to try and make it so.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2019 10:27am So there it is. HM is like a sort of vigilante defender of justice and he is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good

We finally have our very own Marvel super hero right here at Saintsational

I wonder what sort of costume the great Highettman wears?
Last edited by st.byron on Sat 27 Jul 2019 9:07pm, edited 1 time in total.