Appoint Ratten Now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Appoint Ratten Now

Scott

saint1974
Club Player

tony74 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:55amScott
?
When

Crossy66
Club Player

Watters ?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 11:02am
Watters ?
Don!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 11:02am
Watters ?
Chris?

axcellence
Club Player

Please no...

Would prefer Ratten / Caracella

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Caracella - please, please.
But my fear is -
Scott may be a done deal.

Laurie
Club Player

I think you will find Scott is a done deal as it is becoming a boys club with Lethlean and Finnis in charge there is your problem.
They have no previous club experience in running a club so yes we cop them.
Top clubs have Top administrators just like any business

HighettMan
Club Player

The reason posters on here are saying please, please, please not Scott is for no other reason other than they don't like how he comes across in press conferences. They wouldn't have a clue if he is a good coach or not or if he can improve our club or send it backwards. How can anyone make such dogmatic calls based on what they see on a TV screen. Just astoundingly dumb.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

I don't mind Scott, got pretty decent performances out of a team that was never that talented

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

He’s got what a lot of our players need. A bit of &$*# in him.

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:13pm The reason posters on here are saying please, please, please not Scott is for no other reason other than they don't like how he comes across in press conferences. They wouldn't have a clue if he is a good coach or not or if he can improve our club or send it backwards. How can anyone make such dogmatic calls based on what they see on a TV screen. Just astoundingly dumb.
I want to see a process respected.

If Al Clarkson came out at the end of the season and said he is done with Hawthorn and wants a new challenge, and we miss him because Lethers and Finnis in their infinite wisdom are on a promise to their mate Brad Scott, I’d burn the joint down myself.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:56pm
HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 12:13pm The reason posters on here are saying please, please, please not Scott is for no other reason other than they don't like how he comes across in press conferences. They wouldn't have a clue if he is a good coach or not or if he can improve our club or send it backwards. How can anyone make such dogmatic calls based on what they see on a TV screen. Just astoundingly dumb.

If Al Clarkson came out at the end of the season and said he is done with Hawthorn and wants a new challenge, and we miss him because Lethers and Finnis in their infinite wisdom are on a promise to their mate Brad Scott, I’d burn the joint down myself.
I hope our home security agencies have you on a watch.

So you want a process that gives you indirect facilitators a coach that is good in press conferences?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's true. I don't know him personally. Now I come to think of it, I don't personally know any of the players, the coaches, the boot studders, the umps, or the other posters on this forum. Are we only supposed to post here if we do?

HighettMan
Club Player

freely wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:07pm
Yeah, it's true. I don't know him personally. Now I come to think of it, I don't personally know any of the players, the coaches, the boot studders, the umps, or the other posters on this forum. Are we only supposed to post here if we do?
LoL! I hope people post whatever they like, it's what makes this site boutique. I was just observing how how posters relentlessly post thier in depth hindsight of facts and analysis on why the incumbent must be publically stoned but can't really give us commensurate facts and analysis on the market of replacements. One poster is claiming he will blow things up if we miss out on Clarko so yeah Clarko probably picks himself as a good candidate to take a risk on for the painfully obvious flag numbers he has, but we aint getting Clarko. So I'm now looking forward to seeing pages and pages of threads of in depth analysis and facts dedicated to who the next coach should be and how and why he will improve us.

Any thickhead can critisise and be negative, now let's see the thinktank develop some positive intellectual property.

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:05pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:56pm

I hope our home security agencies have you on a watch.

So you want a process that gives you indirect facilitators a coach that is good in press conferences?
Al Clarkson is simply good in press conferences..... you actually know nothing about football.

Good day to you sir.

ss1986
Club Player

At this stage, a concrete pilon would be more value than this current coach

ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:26pm
freely wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:07pm
LoL! I hope people post whatever they like, it's what makes this site boutique. I was just observing how how posters relentlessly post thier in depth hindsight of facts and analysis on why the incumbent must be publically stoned but can't really give us commensurate facts and analysis on the market of replacements. One poster is claiming he will blow things up if we miss out on Clarko so yeah Clarko probably picks himself as a good candidate to take a risk on for the painfully obvious flag numbers he has, but we aint getting Clarko. So I'm now looking forward to seeing pages and pages of threads of in depth analysis and facts dedicated to who the next coach should be and how and why he will improve us.

Any thickhead can critisise and be negative, now let's see the thinktank develop some positive intellectual property.
How dim are you? Really.

I clearly stated that IF Clarkson became available, which is a minute chance, and IF we are on a promise to Scott, which is or is not the case.... and IF it became apprent that because of that we missed Clarkson, then I’d be far from the only one carrying the torches... metaphorically speaking... just to clarify for any dimwit like yourself.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

mongrel

i’m into that

better than being a bunch of give up butterboys

i’d be happy with that
i’d even buy a membership for next year

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:51pm He’s got what a lot of our players need. A bit of &$*# in him.
Maybe but you know who led the way for &#*”$ in those days at Brisbane?

M Voss

He deserves a second chance because he is now older and wiser

Scott deserves a second chance... why?

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
ss1986
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:51pm
tony74 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:51pm He’s got what a lot of our players need. A bit of &$*# in him.

M Voss

This. He is a mediocre underperformer, over a longer period than Richo.

Dont see him being a substantial upgrade.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

M Voss

I agree on Voss rather than scott. But HM is right to an extent...we really only see the public side of it. There's a lot more to it. Couldn't give a fat rat's clacker if the pressers are interesting.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 3:05pm

M Voss

This. He is a mediocre underperformer, over a longer period than Richo.

Dont see him being a substantial upgrade.
So you are demanding a process that let's Clarko just stoll into the club on a contract value that would be the biggest ever paid to a coach. That's one process.

I want to hear more about the 2nd process you must clearly be proposing for all other candidates.

What process would you put in place that ASSURES you recruit a coach who can improve on the incumbent's work. I'm assuming you work within the accredited 9001 system at KPMG.

Also can you give a detailed analysis of why Scott wouldn't be a substantial upgrade and also some details around the metrics for measuring such a confident assessment.

ss1986
Club Player

If the stars aligned, allowing us to obtain the services of one of the most successful coaches of all time, and a proven trendsetter, you take it.

At a minimum, you have a process in place to interview all available candidates in any event.

If we have a process however that would put B.Scott against Clarko, on equal footing, and Scott came out ahead, I’d have serious questions over that process.

Assuming Clarko isnt available, I’d expect ALL candidates to present to a panel in the usual manner. Not be promised a job by a mate.

Brad Scott has achieved nothing of substance at North Melbourne - and the key metric is 0 premierships in 10 years.

That is not a substantial upgrade on either A.Richardson, or untried assistants such as Sam Mitchell, who, I consider to be a real leading candidate.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

he’s probably the only guy who’d take the job !

from that rabble
to this rabble

at least he’ll know what he’s in for

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.