3AW Rumour File ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3AW Rumour File ...

CURLY wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 11:22am
The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 10:38am And some claim Cho hanging around passed his used by date isn’t damaging the club... :roll:

Yeah one player wanting out is solid evidence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If your best player (as often claimed on here) wants out because of the coach (who is clearly a dead-man-walking) I’d say that is a pretty big deal.

Hell, he can’t even bring himself to play under him this year! Sounds like he’d be happy to play under C Scott though.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Dudley obviously didn't see all the hugs Richo got after the final siren on Sunday.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Brad Scott got hugs

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yeah he did and so did Alan. He got plenty of them plus it looked special when he was embraced with Gresham. Well done to Alan for developing the kid into a gun from when he was drafted.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:18pm Dudley obviously didn't see all the hugs Richo got after the final siren on Sunday.
Ted - a lot of the players in that team know nothing else. They basically have Stockholm Sydrome. It's not complex. I completely understand where Jack S was coming from last year when he effectively interviewed Cho after his exit interview. Even the dullest person on the planet would begin to question WTF is going on.

The North players were exactly the same. I've been in the same situation too in my career - you think your 'leader' is great and the shock of them leaving leaves a void ... and then you quickly wake up to what the heck you've been missing out on when a new (better/more appropraite) voice comes in.

I think the Saints and Blues are going not much further than where they're going now with their incumbants. I wish it wasn't so for us but, it just seems more of the same. Given we can't magically secure a couple of A-grade mids (which would drastically improve our team's fortunes) - the next best thing of getting a different voice in the door at season's end seems like a no brainer.

Either that - or subscribe to the definition of insanity. Again ...

Go you red, black & white warriors
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hugging each other after beating Carlton......that's where we are at. ???

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:29pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:18pm Dudley obviously didn't see all the hugs Richo got after the final siren on Sunday.
Ted - a lot of the players in that team know nothing else. They basically have Stockholm Sydrome. It's not complex. I completely understand where Jack S was coming from last year when he effectively interviewed Cho after his exit interview. Even the dullest person on the planet would begin to question WTF is going on.

The North players were exactly the same. I've been in the same situation too in my career - you think your 'leader' is great and the shock of them leaving leaves a void ... and then you quickly wake up to what the heck you've been missing out on when a new (better/more appropraite) voice comes in.

I think the Saints and Blues are going not much further than where they're going now with their incumbants. I wish it wasn't so for us but, it just seems more of the same. Given we can't magically secure a couple of A-grade mids (which would drastically improve our team's fortunes) - the next best thing of getting a different voice in the door at season's end seems like a no brainer.

That is your opinion and no dramas but I'm simply pointing out and finding it hilarious that Richo somehow gets dragged into another thread off the back of some unverified and most likely baseless BS 3AW rumour.

Total = 1.
saint-stu
Club Player

They probably got the rumor here!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1ac46a38
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saint-stu wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:37pm They probably got the rumor here!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yep and spread malicious lies that it was Alan, Alan, Alan's fault! ☺

Total = 1.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:12pm
The_Dud wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 10:38am And some claim Cho hanging around passed his used by date isn’t damaging the club... :roll:

Yeah one player wanting out is solid evidence. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If your best player (as often claimed on here) wants out because of the coach (who is clearly a dead-man-walking) I’d say that is a pretty big deal.

Hell, he can’t even bring himself to play under him this year! Sounds like he’d be happy to play under C Scott though.
At 30 he can go make demands elsewhere. Seems everyone else is happy other than you and him. Get a lift with him down to Barwon Heads and stay there.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:25pm Yeah he did and so did Alan. He got plenty of them plus it looked special when he was embraced with Gresham. Well done to Alan for developing the kid into a gun from when he was drafted.
WTF are you on about? Don't confuse how the team and the club is going with different personnel this year with Cho's ability as a coach.

Gresh came in with raw talent and he lived off that beautiful goal against Geelong in his first year but have a look at his second year. Was poor during several periods but played every round regardless

Since Gresh's 3rd game of AFL, he's NEVER been dropped or relegated to the VFL regardless of his form. Why didn't Cho treat Brandon the same way or Hunter the same way? Developing the kid my arse!!

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... esham.html

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ooookkkkk....

So its all Alan's fault if a kid apparently stumbles or is taking too long in his development (as has been mentioned on here every week by people like yourself) but when a kid like Gresham develops pretty early on and well then it has nothing to do with Alan at all?

Looooolllll!!!!!!

The Alan hysteria and stupidity is getting funnier and more stupid every week. Love it!

Total = 1.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:33pm

That is your opinion and no dramas but I'm simply pointing out and finding it hilarious that Richo somehow gets dragged into another thread off the back of some unverified and most likely baseless BS 3AW rumour.
There's not a lot of baseless BS rumours on the Rumour File Ted. Not sure whether you're a regular listener but, it's pretty much bang on. Regularly.

Sadly - I wish Jack S wasn't the focus of this morning but it is what it is. And I didnt drag Alan into this. (I suspect it's Jack's personal problems that are much more the cause of the unrest). However, it's a bit rich to assume that the players' hugs for Richo means that all is fine and dandy.

Go you red, black & white warriors
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

[media]https://www.saintsmembership.com.au/[/media]

United we stand!

Last edited by samoht on Tue 28 May 2019 2:26pm, edited 2 times in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:25pm Yeah he did and so did Alan. He got plenty of them plus it looked special when he was embraced with Gresham. Well done to Alan for developing the kid into a gun from when he was drafted.
WTF are you on about? Don't confuse how the team and the club is going with different personnel this year with Cho's ability as a coach.

Gresh came in with raw talent and he lived off that beautiful goal against Geelong in his first year but have a look at his second year. Was poor during several periods but played every round regardless

Since Gresh's 3rd game of AFL, he's NEVER been dropped or relegated to the VFL regardless of his form. Why didn't Cho treat Brandon the same way or Hunter the same way? Developing the kid my arse!!

What do stats have to do with it? Gresh was mainly forward in his first couple of years (so stats not as high), but kicked over 30 goals I think each of last 2 years, never dropped because he has never deserved to be dropped. Has been very well developed by the club, not just Richo of course. White is now maturing, but early on was letting his man get away too often, probably ready now to play ones, but backline is doing well. Hunter is learning well, and imo will be established in the seniors soon. Nothing wrong with the development of any of them, all players are different.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The players have every right to hug the head coach after a win or any member of the football department. Everyone has to work well and respect each other in that team. I'm sure a lot of players actually really like Richo. Why shouldn't they?

Unfortunately his job is not secure because his OVERALL record does not stack up versus every other coach except Bolton who is also very much at threat of losing his position. Richo may get many more hugs but it doesn't mean he won't be replaced at the end of this year.

Maybe if the team gets into finals, all bets are off and he gets many more hugs for many years to come :) :D

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Every player has the support, the training drills and many coaches behind them to develop.
We are an AFL club.

At the quarter time, and the 3-quarter-time break of a match, you notice the players separate into groups, and the midfield coach, the forward coach and the defence coach addressing the respective group of players.

I think Gresham said it was his first uninterrupted preseason this year, and he's developed his tank further - of course, he is not kicking as many goals, as he now spends more time in the midfield.

What we need to do is land some healthy, A-grade big fish -- and start doing what the Hawks, etc.. are doing and have been doing.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 28 May 2019 2:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:12pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:46pm

What do stats have to do with it? Gresh was mainly forward in his first couple of years (so stats not as high), but kicked over 30 goals I think each of last 2 years, never dropped because he has never deserved to be dropped. Has been very well developed by the club, not just Richo of course. White is now maturing, but early on was letting his man get away too often, probably ready now to play ones, but backline is doing well. Hunter is learning well, and imo will be established in the seniors soon. Nothing wrong with the development of any of them, all players are different.
Classic...Every other player is judged on stats and output and team ethos. Gresh played some selfish footy early in his career and when his stats were low and when he did not play percentages he should have been dropped.

"Never dropped because he has never deserved to be dropped" That is just plain wrong. I don't think you watch games closely enough or you are claiming your opinion to be fact. Let's not confuse the player he is now, to the player that he was when he was 19. I agree that the CLUB has done a good job with Jade
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 28 May 2019 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crossy66
Club Player

Hard to fault richo this year. Really only lost to the likely top 4 sides with injuries to a number of our best players.
But out of adversity, a number of players have emerged as bonafide afl players and richo can take credit for that.
Battle,Dmac, parker, wilkie, dunstan, Roma, marsh, long, acres have stepped up and will all play plenty of footy. billings and gresh have also gone up another level. Add in the 5 or six missing and we could play in September.
I think we can win 12 games atleast, which will be a pass mark

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yes. Cannot argue with stats. As long as we keep winning and get in to finals there'll be hugs all round

I don't mind if Richo stays if we can get into finals. He is gaining experince on the job and although it's taken him twice as long as other apprentices at least he's getting there

barneyboyz
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 2:39pm Yes. Cannot argue with stats. As long as we keep winning and get in to finals there'll be hugs all round

I don't mind if Richo stays if we can get into finals. He is gaining experince on the job and although it's taken him twice as long as other apprentices at least he's getting there
I have to agree. I'm not his biggest fan, but realistically most coaches would have struggled to turn our ship around last year, even the angry little bloke from the Hawks

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
samoht
Saintsational Legend

If Richo goes, he goes.
If making the finals this year is the criteria.

But what we need to do - whoever our coach is - is improve our recruiting.
We need to give the next coach a fighting chance, or an equal chance of having a strong list.

Development is one thing - and there's nothing wrong with how 90% of our players have developed - and Battle is the latest example. Clark and Coffield may take a little longer.

Recruiters are the list architects - they need to land us 2 or 3 established A grade midfielders yesterday for us to match it with the best teams. They've neglected our midfield for too long.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 28 May 2019 2:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Where are your hard facts to back up your outlandish statements?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:44pm

At 30 he can go make demands elsewhere. Seems everyone else is happy other than you and him. Get a lift with him down to Barwon Heads and stay there.
If the review after last season is anything to go by then it would seem clearly a lot of players were/are unhappy.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:33pm

Exactly.