Lose to the Blues, Cho must GO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lose to the Blues, Cho must GO

Carlton just got their own arses handed to them on a platter by GWS. At least we kinda went toe to toe with GWS over there for three or so quarters. Can't see any reason how we can't beat Carlton next weekend.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 9:35pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 8:59pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:03pm
HardSaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:56pm can anyone verify that this is his last season if he fails to win a final in 2019

I'm fine with this if this can be confirmed, gives us closure and an end date rather than the guessing that's been going on and the impatience

I'm out of patience and would like certainty that we've given him a better than good run and all things must end

If we must write the season off, lets be sure we have a fresh start next year with someone else at the helm
Club rep confirmed this to me directly.
That's not true. It is impossible for "club reps" to know the details of contracts simply because of the way contracts are processed. And for obvious reasons when you think about it. AFL clubs are part of a multibillion dollar franchise where consequences for compromising sensitive information are significant and not least of all due to commercial integrity and legal reasons. Think gambling implications for starters.

Just be happy to be a passionate supporter.
Time will tell, cos we sure as hell arent making finals, let alone win one.
Time won't tell with regards to knowing the truth about you being given details of Alan's contract. Irrespective of when Alan's postion at the club ends you did not receive details of Alan's contract from anyone at the club associated with processing Alan's contract.

guitars4
Club Player

I went to a bar today( SURPRISE SURPRISE) with some non football friends unfortunately for me I'm a football junkie & at every opportunity I was looking at the big screen in the corner & to cut a long story short if we can't beat Carlton Richo will be gone next week. From what I saw they were so bad that even Richo would not be able to find a positive ,pleasing or even a strong word to say about them. So in summary if we lose to Carlton Richo should start to prepare for a life after the St.KIlda Football club:wink:

takeaway
Club Player

I would rather Carlton lost narrowly to GWS. After that hiding they will have to come out firing, I think it will be a tough match, we will have to play well to win.
Even if we do lose, no chance Richo will be gone.

guitars4
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 11:19pm I would rather Carlton lost narrowly to GWS. After that hiding they will have to come out firing, I think it will be a tough match, we will have to play well to win.
Maybe not immediately but the writing will be on the wall :wink:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

takeaway wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 11:19pm I would rather Carlton lost narrowly to GWS. After that hiding they will have to come out firing, I think it will be a tough match, we will have to play well to win.
I don't get how they gave The Filth the mother of all headaches, with Cripps playing like Wolverine from the X-Men, and now they're like St Kilda of the late 70's

Next week, ANYTHING could happen.
We're both putrid.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 9:44pm
HardSaint wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:56pm can anyone verify that this is his last season if he fails to win a final in 2019

I'm fine with this if this can be confirmed, gives us closure and an end date rather than the guessing that's been going on and the impatience

I'm out of patience and would like certainty that we've given him a better than good run and all things must end

If we must write the season off, lets be sure we have a fresh start next year with someone else at the helm
That's not true. It is impossible for "club reps" to know the details of contracts simply because of the way contracts are processed. And for obvious reasons when you think about it. AFL clubs are part of a multibillion dollar franchise where consequences for compromising sensitive information are significant and not least of all due to commercial integrity and legal reasons. Think gambling implications for starters.

Time won't tell with regards to knowing the truth about you being given details of Alan's contract. Irrespective of when Alan's postion at the club ends you did not receive details of Alan's contract from anyone at the club associated with processing Alan's contract.
😏 Club is leakier than a sieve.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ListManager wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 11:01am
magnifisaint wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:53am
ListManager wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 10:05pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:38pm
ListManager wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 7:01pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 6:21pm Bolton has the worst win/loss ratio actually.
Not for long though. You watch Carlscum next year. They will rocket up the ladder and we will still be in the bottom 4.
What negative BS mate. Sorry.
It's not negative at all. It is what I really believe. We have f***ed up our rebuild. Carlton have got theirs right...…...Simple.
That is so funny you should be a comedian!! Carlton got theirs right. What drugs are you taking?
Theyve been given a raft of number 1 picks because theyve been so s*** for the last 20 years. You need to get your face out of the manure and start smelling the roses.
You can be a smart arse if you like but I'm telling you, in the next year or so Carlton will rocket up the ladder. St kilda will remain in the bottom 4. And guess what? I despise Carlton as much as anyone on this site.
Would you like to reconsider that thought?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 1:21am

Like I say, just be content with being a fan. I think you are getting your ambitions mixed up with your capabilities.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

We know some details about Richo’s contract: if he doesn’t win a final game then he isn’t guaranteed to coach next year.

What interests me is who provided that information to Tom Morris & what was their motivation in doing so?

Expect change (unless we win a final).

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 12:57pm We know some details about Richo’s contract: if he doesn’t win a final game then he isn’t guaranteed to coach next year.

What interests me is who provided that information to Tom Morris & what was their motivation in doing so?

We know jack about the details.

ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 11:37am

Like I say, just be content with being a fan. I think you are getting your ambitions mixed up with your capabilities.
Your condescending nature is the exact reason the club is stuffed. Speaks volumes really.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 3:09pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 11:37am

Your condescending nature is the exact reason the club is stuffed. Speaks volumes really.
As a supporter I know my limitations and know very, very well I don't hold that much influence over the club. I'm loving how the club are going about their business atm and I'm a very happy person in life just in general.

Crossy66
Club Player

I think right now, the club would be ok with how things are going i.e. we won the games we would have hoped to win and lost the games we would have expected to lose. A loss against the blues would tip the scales the wrong way but I doubt they would make a move until seasons end or close to it. They have tried to keep thngs stable so I dont see them throwing toys out of the cot now.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

IMO he has to go at the end of the year regardless, losing to Carlton might just bring it forward - enter Andrew Bassat. I dont see it happening because he apppears to still have the players belief, but the reality is Richo has lost 90% of the supporters.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 4:14pm IMO he has to go at the end of the year regardless, losing to Carlton might just bring it forward - enter Andrew Bassat. I dont see it happening because he apppears to still have the players belief, but the reality is Richo has lost 90% of the supporters.
Does he have the players because he's not hard on the players?

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 2:32pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 12:57pm We know some details about Richo’s contract: if he doesn’t win a final game then he isn’t guaranteed to coach next year.

Are you ignoring the Tom Morris article which I referred to or completely dismissing what he wrote? Interestingly the club nor Richo disputed the article.

You can play semantics all you like however the facts are that there was an article stating Richo’s contract isn’t guaranteed beyond this year unless he wins a final. That’s called ‘details’.

ss1986
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 6:26pm

Are you ignoring the Tom Morris article which I referred to or completely dismissing what he wrote? Interestingly the club nor Richo disputed the article.

You can play semantics all you like however the facts are that there was an article stating Richo’s contract isn’t guaranteed beyond this year unless he wins a final. That’s called ‘details’.
Deadset kidding himself. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

takeaway
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 6:38pm

Who? Tom Morris? We know nothing about the details in the contract, and the club certainly wouldn't make any comment about the article. Surely you don't religiously believe "according to reports" media? Who cares anyway, enjoy the season, and its high and lows, and we will see what happens at the end.

Crossy66
Club Player

No big deal. If he wins a final he is guaranteed the last year of his contract
If he he doesnt, then his position will be reviewed. I think it will be more about how we went about it more than just win/ loss. Or atleast that's what Bassett has stated

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

There weren't any facts in that article, do know what a fact in a journalistic piece is? Do you know why the club or Richo never felt the need dispute the article.

They should teach this stuff in primary school.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 6:38pm

I’m done. I don’t know why I bothered. Head against wall stuff.