Hanners playing in 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Hanners playing in 2 weeks

We need to add another midfielder this off season.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I’ve got a good feeling that after 3 years ruined by chronic injuries he’s going to come out at 29 and hit that $800k AA form again. Lock it in!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 10:59am
tedtheodorekaczynski2018 wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 1:32pm He will start in the VFL of course.
26th May Marvel stadium, very excited for this!

9 days until Hanners plays 👍
tedtheodorebundy2018 wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 11:19am Stop baiting Corfe.

You're not that dumb I hope to realise Hanners will start through the VFL soon and not go straight into the Saints side.

Good to see Dan on the track hey Corfe?
I do not understand your comment Ted, I am excited to see Dan play and if I'm in Melbourne that weekend I'll go along and watch.

You have stated Dan will play in two weeks and he will start in the VFL.

I have listed the Sandringham game in that time line which is V Northern Blues at Marvel stadium commencing at 11.40am on 26/05/19.

Like many saints fans I was and am dubious about the recruitment of Dan but will be very happy to have those concerns allayed and look forward to seeing Dan run out there on the 26th and carve it up for Sandy.

Below is link to the fixture.
https://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/match-centre-1/vfl

Only 9 days till Dan plays

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Nice deflection and pure luck Corfe. Funny how the Saints are luckily playing later on in the day on the same date and venue against Carlton. 😂

I never stated he is definitely playing in 2 weeks. I'm hearing that is the aim. Anything could happen, same as an asteroid could wipe out mankind tomorrow or hit Corfe's humble abode.

Glad everyone can't wait to see Hanners in action as we need him in the guts.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
King12
Club Player

Seems to be lot's of doomsday saints 'supporters' on this forum! 😔

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedbundy2018 wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 3:42pm Nice deflection and pure luck Corfe. Funny how the Saints are luckily playing later on in the day on the same date and venue against Carlton. 😂

I never stated he is definitely playing in 2 weeks. I'm hearing that is the aim. Anything could happen, same as an asteroid could wipe out mankind tomorrow or hit Corfe's humble abode.

Glad everyone can't wait to see Hanners in action as we need him in the guts.

Lol Tedtheodorebundy2018, Yes it was pure luck that Sandy are actually playing on the same day at the same location that I wrote.

Yep pure luck, what are the odds? Yep pure luck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or was it just coincidence that Sandy were playing on the 26th May at Marvel Stadium as I wrote below in response to you stating he will start in the VFL.

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 10:59am
tedtheodorebsa2018 wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 1:32pm He will start in the VFL of course.
26th May Marvel stadium, very excited for this!
Now talking about deflection, you never wrote that Hanners would be playing in two weeks?
Hanners playing in 2 weeks, is this the title of the thread or not? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm very excited for Hanners debut for Sandy on 26th and if in town will go to the match 8-)

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

?

Keep deflecting Corfe. You and I knew exactly what you and I meant.

Glad you are supportive of Hanners in a Saints jumper. Good man.

Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

King12 wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 5:42pm Seems to be lot's of doomsday saints 'supporters' on this forum! 😔
How long did it take you to work that out Kingy? Probably not very long I'm guessing. 😃

Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

When Dan does start playing, there are a lot of "supporters" who will have egg dripping down all over their faces. :wink: :D

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 7:08pm When Dan does start playing, there are a lot of "supporters" who will have egg dripping down all over their faces. :wink: :D
Well said Saynta. Some of these supporters that have got stuck into Hanners from day 1 behind their 'puters and keyboard will be covered in it. Well let's hope anyway. 😁

Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

As soon as he came to the club we all wanted him to succeed no matter how pessimistic some of us were. Any player who chooses to wear our colours is going to be supported. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets back to some good form. I hope that he provides good value to the team and to the club going forward, but I am curious on a couple of things...

If he was suffering from any variation of asymptomatic creatine phosphokinase or had any early signs of muscle atrophy can that be reversed?
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 17 May 2019 7:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

FIIK.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I (and I’d say most others) don’t have any issues with Dan (he’s just doing what’s best for him) or the fact that we recruited him. The issue is with the club who gave him a significantly over generous contract, and by admission didn’t do their due diligence, which was the icing on an already rotten cake.

If we got him on a 3-4 year contract worth $600k a year I doubt there’d be any negative talk at all. But for $4M you’d expect a significant return, which we’ve seen nothing of so far.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 17 May 2019 9:06pm I (and I’d say most others) don’t have any issues with Dan (he’s just doing what’s best for him) or the fact that we recruited him. The issue is with the club who gave him a significantly over generous contract, and by admission didn’t do their due diligence, which was the icing on an already rotten cake.

If we got him on a 3-4 year contract worth $600k a year I doubt there’d be any negative talk at all. But for $4M you’d expect a significant return, which we’ve seen nothing of so far.
Think that’s a good summation of the issue. Have no problem with recruiting him or what he cost in terms of picks... that’s a big contract though for a player with his injury history though.
Still, I like to think that part of the deal is that the Swans owe us a favour.

King12
Club Player

Many posters have just discovered the 'Reverse Gear' it seems, haha, fickle lot some! 😂

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 1:00am Many posters have just discovered the 'Reverse Gear' it seems, haha, fickle lot some! 😂
I think it’s more a case of criticism getting lumped together.

There are/were only a handful of forumites here that ever suggested he wouldn’t be a good player for us... and most of that was more based on injury concerns rather than talent.

The overwhelmingly criticism was more the contract he was offered. A few ppl thought we paid overs for him... never read anything to suggest he wasn’t a good player

Seems as though we all have to play the all good or all bad game again... that’s about as enjoyable as a fart in an elevator

King12
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 1:12am
King12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 1:00am Many posters have just discovered the 'Reverse Gear' it seems, haha, fickle lot some! 😂
I think it’s more a case of criticism getting lumped together.

There are/were only a handful of forumites here that ever suggested he wouldn’t be a good player for us... and most of that was more based on injury concerns rather than talent.

The overwhelmingly criticism was more the contract he was offered. A few ppl thought we paid overs for him... never read anything to suggest he wasn’t a good player

Seems as though we all have to play the all good or all bad game again... that’s about as enjoyable as a fart in an elevator
Fair enough, maybe I should replace the word ' many' with 'some', point taken!

elizabethr
Club Player

Once he overcomes his addictions he will get fitter and be playing with the Zebras.

<1 day ban for casting aspersions on the character of a player>

nothing to say
freely
SS Hall of Fame

I know what you're all are saying but we ought to have an issue with it. It was that charmer Ross Lyon who taught it was appropriate to feather your own neat first. Ever heard of 'strength through loyalty'? That's the exact opposite approach.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

"Hannebery's 2015 season was arguably his best, finishing the home and away season as the AFL's leader in possessions. His best game was against Adelaide in round 18, with 40 possessions and 3 goals. He was rewarded with the AFL Coaches Association player of the year award, polling one vote ahead of Nat Fyfe. At the conclusion of the 2018 season, Hannebery requested a trade back to Victoria. He was traded to St Kilda on 12 October. He immediately joined the leadership team of St Kilda. Hannebery became the youngest Sydney Swans player to have played 200 games on 1 June 2018. And through these 200 games he’s taken an exceptional amount of punishment. Hannebery played with a bullish tenacity, a relentless thirst for the contest and an absolute fearlessness at his best, but now looks more like someone wringing the very last out of their body. Outside a shimmering half of football against the Demons in Round 22, it has been hard to watch. On Saturday, a moment within the very first minute typified his year. Finding himself in a pocket of space on the wing he looked slow, lost and indecisive. He hesitated too long with the football, and Zac Williams playing his first game of AFL in 350 days gleefully ran him down. “Hannebery run down by father time,” as tobie_chapman astutely tweeted. Dan Hannebery’s descent can be traced back to one key moment late in the 2016 grand final. A stray handball from Jason Johannisen falls between Hannebery and Easton Wood, the two descending upon the ball like the opening of a rule-less game of dodgeball. Wood goes lower, Dan more upright, and with a sudden twist of the knee under the pressure of his opponent, Dan Hannebery is wounded just a minute into the final quarter. “Hannebery’s in trouble,” McAvaney says, and in passing utters a phrase of poignant clairvoyance befitting of Denis Commetti’s final game in the commentary box. “I hope he’s alright.” The phrase would come to define the next two years of Dan’s career, the injury beginning a string of similar issues. Hannebery had struggled earlier in his career with numerous shoulder injuries, but his all-important lower-body had escaped largely unscathed. The early injuries never affected his exceptional fitness that had become his biggest strength. By all reports he had made a remarkably swift recovery from the injury, declaring himself fully fit with a strong performance in the 3km time trial pre-season. But as the Swans slumped to an 0-6 start to 2017, it was clear Hannebery wasn’t right. There’s no telling just how banged up Dan is, and he probably wouldn’t tell you either." As Con might say "Coupla days", "Bewdiful". For days I guess we should now read weeks.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So is "Hanners playing in 2 weeks"?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saynta
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 1:52am Once he overcomes his addictions he will get fitter and be playing with the Zebras.
Got any proof to back up that ridiculous statement?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

6 days until Hanners plays

I’m excited 👍

guitars4
Club Player

Weather he will play in 2 weeks or next century its still a really poor decision by the club to give him that amount of money for such a long time.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 9:18pm Weather he will play in 2 weeks or next century its still a really poor decision by the club to give him that amount of money for such a long time.
What does it matter if it is raining or sunny? Will the state of the ground affect his ability to play? If so maybe we need to look at bringing him in through the seniors as opposed to Sandy - as the VFL is more susceptible to unkind conditions.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!