Clark facing the axe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Clark facing the axe

Let’s not forget that Clark was “given” a block of games last year - he played 15 games in his first year - so he can’t complain.

It’s a case of: go work on your game in the VFL, snap out of your form slump, and come back and play the consistent football we both know you’re capable of.

We are not here to mollycoddle you!

The Clark is ticking ... or not ticking very well at the moment, you need to fix it!
We know you have it in you!

takeaway
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 10 May 2019 10:09am Like most things its a set of trade offs. Possibility of Joyce getting another caning from a big forward (former Colman medal winner or close up?) in a premiership team vs giving the lad a fair crack. On balance scratch him from the WFA gig and train him for an upcoming welter event. Explain the thinking - horses for courses, Irish understand horse analogies. Clark not travelling so well, Dunstan killing it in the B's (a 50m goal, really!), Hunter back to VFL, try to get a lot of touches, you know we love you. Eagles have a tough set of mids, Luke is seasoned and in form. (Have to reward form, you know, with a few obvious exceptions). Phillips is one we really want for the future and has a lot to offer. J. Marsh was naturally highly emotional last week, the drought has broken so now you know you can make it and will consistently in due course, just go back to VFL take a breath, find that zen zone and we will see you in the firsts again soon enough. Long? Kent? nothing to see here, move along. 3 changes is more than enough for a side in the 8.

Totally agree, we are in the 8, so you pick the best side available, taking into account the team you are playing. Hunter will be back. Long & Kent would want to show something more soon though.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 8:18pm Some people on here are just incapable of objectively assessing what our club does well and comparing our coach to the rest of the competition. This is not about Dunstan or other players. This is about building confidence in a young player. Richo is going about it wrong in my opinion because you have to leave players in the AFL if they are going to get better in the AFL.

Have a look at the way the Bulldogs have played Aaron Naughton this year in each round no matter how badly he was going. There were calls from muppets in the media to drop him but Bevo stood firm to a disciplined plan. The player repaid the confidence of his caoch with an awesome display.

Naughton ripped it up in round 7 after having a run of bad form - check out his stats;
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg- ... n-naughton
Naughton's coach never once used negative words or never once chopped and changed.

Richo plays a bloke like Hunter for 2 games and then chops him. Then he brings him back in and straight away he wants to axe him and he also starts using negative words.Didn't Richo say that he wasn't going to chop and change this year and not be so reactive? Stick to a plan Richo no matter how much pressure you are feeling

Have a look at the way Freo have played their young blokes compared to us. Cerra has had 7 games straight this year. Have a look at the way Carlton play their young blokes compared to us. Paddy Dow has got 7 games straight this year.Based on their form and their output both would have been dropped if Richo was their coach

The problem with one-eyed sycophants and cheer squads is that they'll applaud and turn up no matter how badly we are going and how poorly our coach is going in terms of developing our top end talent. They will cheer the good stuff only and never analyse or criticise

Park aside the way the team has gone recently.
Park aside how other teams and clubs nurture their top end talent
Park aside the way our top end draft picks have gone recently (including the dreadful development of Billings in 2015/2016 and McCartin in 2017/2018).
Park aside the negative terms used about a young player who is learning the caper

If you park all those objective measure aside, Richo is doing really well
Objective assessment? More like starting as objective, veering strongly to subjective (just your opinions), and ending, as usual, with Richo.

As for the "objective" bit, it could be argued that earlier in the season Naughton was kept in the ones this year because Dogs were desperately short of effective forwards, Cerra is a young gun, and I would be pretty certain Richo or any coach would not have dropped him. Dow has stayed in because Carlton are rebuilding, and will be a good player. We are in the 8, so you pick the best performing players at this stage. Hunter had a poor game, and Dunstan has been knocking at the door and is more suited against the seasoned bodies of the WC mids. I am happy with the selections, except perhaps leaving Kent in.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 8:18pm
Cairnsman wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 7:56pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 7:39pm The challenge is and always has been consistency... nothing wrong with a guy like Clarke getting a taste and going back to work on a few things.

Where it gets more contentious is you look at Long, DMac Acres, Kent, Sinclair, Gresh and Parker over a few weeks (who have played good games and bad ones with chances given to persevere with varying effects)...
And you look for consistency.

If you start noticing that some players are getting multiple chances after multiple poor performances and others are dumped right away... starts to get iffy.

I don’t necessarily disagree with Hunter being forced to earn his way back...
History also has made we weary of another Weller situation unfolding in front of us
Oh here we go. Conspiracy theories Thursday.
You are seriously a stalker
No I'm not. You just don't like your relentless repeating of your agenda against Alan being challenged with a commensurate counter agenda.

Like a typical bully you can give it but you can't take it. You claim trolling and stalking and reported me, at least you get a right of reply, Alan isn't afforded the ability to report trolls and stalkers like you.

You would go to absolute water if you were put in a room with Alan and given the opportunity to present your conspiracy theory agenda face to face.

See you when I get back from my holiday.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:42am
skeptic wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 7:39pm The challenge is and always has been consistency... nothing wrong with a guy like Clarke getting a taste and going back to work on a few things.

Where it gets more contentious is you look at Long, DMac Acres, Kent, Sinclair, Gresh and Parker over a few weeks (who have played good games and bad ones with chances given to persevere with varying effects)...

If you start noticing that some players are getting multiple chances after multiple poor performances and others are dumped right away... starts to get iffy.

History also has made we weary of another Weller situation unfolding in front of us
No I'm not. You just don't like your relentless repeating of your agenda against Alan being challenged with a commensurate counter agenda.

Like a typical bully you can give it but you can't take it. You claim trolling and stalking and reported me, at least you get a right of reply, Alan isn't afforded the ability to report trolls and stalkers like you.

You would go to absolute water if you were put in a room with Alan and given the opportunity to present your conspiracy theory agenda face to face.

This is the last I’ll say on this matter.

Yes you really are.

First of all, my initial post was fairly inoffensive on a forum that’s about 75% full of anti-Richo sentiment at the moment... you don’t feel the need to challenge everyone else’s posts because for some warped reason you’ve turned this me and Richo thing into something very personal... and it’s in your head. In this particular instance the content wasn’t even about him, but rather selection. It didn’t even mention Richo.
I don’t even know if Richo is most solely responsible for selection or if there’s a committee.

But of course in your jaded perspective, selection = associated primarily with coaching. So where next? Can I talk about skill level, drafting, recruiting, fans turning up to games without you popping up and carrying on like a pork chop.

And to be clear, the issue isn’t being challenged. You don’t challenge me Cairnsman... all you do is pop up and throw out insults. You have absolutely no interest in talking football at all and you provide very little content to this forum. I have no interest in trading insults with you as
a) I’ll get band
b) you’re clearly obsessive and have lost objectivity
c) I actually base my posts primarily on football content

You ignore any positive thing I write about him and frequently try to twist every post I write to suit the narrative your pushing.

That’s why you feel the need to stalk me, to quote everything I post, to lie about what and when I post etc

You have a seriously lost perspective... perhaps a holiday would do you good.

On the second...
Like I said before, the majority of my posts are based on what I see and I give a rationale for my opinions. And I have a right to my opinions and to post them.
Sorry that it annoys you but you need to let that go. This is a St.Kilda Football Club discussion forum.

Now on the matter of right of reply... do you understand how absurd what you’re saying is!!!

Alan Richardson is t afforded a right of reply?!! This is a St.Kilda Football Club discussion forum.
If he wants to post here, he just needs to create an account like the rest of us. Grant Thomas did it.

And for the record, I’d have absolutely no issue whatsoever sharing my opinions with Richo face to face if the club were to contact me directly and ask me to do so.
In acute mental health work you regularly are in close quarters with psychotic ppl, some that have Forensic histories, go into share houses looking for ppl, explain to people why mandatory treatment is necessary when they’re unwell and work with them after you administer it...
Do you really think I’m going to be intimidated talking to a man about football? And a nice one at that.

And... I’d be a hell of a lot nicer about it than many others would because none of my posts attack Richo personally because it’s not the least bit personal to me. I just don’t rate most of that that he does.

Here’s the thing though... because I’m a calm, rationale person... I’m not going to contact the club and ask to be let into a room with him... nor am I going to approach Richo at training or through insults over the fence...
I mean why would they listen to me anyway?
I’m going to continue posting my opinion on a St.Kilda FC discussion forum which is where it belongs and I’m going to ask you to get a grip because I’m not doing anything wrong.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Luckily we don’t have Clarko as our coach at the moment (if it’s all attributable to the coaches).
The flip side is - if we had Clarko as our coach we’d probably have the least injuries .. the Hawks only have 3 on their injury list!
(Maybe they aren’t going in hard enough? ,.. and relying more on their skills than on effort?)

Anyway, the point is we can look at things anyway we like,
I see we are outperforming at the moment - especially, given our injuries.
I am going with that!

There’s always room for improvement of course ... but things could always be worse.

So I am going to choose to stop griping and start enjoying our wins and what we’ve somehow managed to achieve thus far! :(
Last edited by samoht on Sat 11 May 2019 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 12:36pm

Yes you really are.

First of all, my initial post was fairly inoffensive on a forum that’s about 75% full of anti-Richo sentiment at the moment... you don’t feel the need to challenge everyone else’s posts because for some warped reason you’ve turned this me and Richo thing into something very personal... and it’s in your head. In this particular instance the content wasn’t even about him, but rather selection. It didn’t even mention Richo.
I don’t even know if Richo is most solely responsible for selection or if there’s a committee.

But of course in your jaded perspective, selection = associated primarily with coaching. So where next? Can I talk about skill level, drafting, recruiting, fans turning up to games without you popping up and carrying on like a pork chop.

And to be clear, the issue isn’t being challenged. You don’t challenge me Cairnsman... all you do is pop up and throw out insults. You have absolutely no interest in talking football at all and you provide very little content to this forum. I have no interest in trading insults with you as
a) I’ll get band

You ignore any positive thing I write about him and frequently try to twist every post I write to suit the narrative your pushing.

That’s why you feel the need to stalk me, to quote everything I post, to lie about what and when I post etc

On the second...
Like I said before, the majority of my posts are based on what I see and I give a rationale for my opinions. And I have a right to my opinions and to post them.
Sorry that it annoys you but you need to let that go. This is a St.Kilda Football Club discussion forum.

Now on the matter of right of reply... do you understand how absurd what you’re saying is!!!

Alan Richardson is t afforded a right of reply?!! This is a St.Kilda Football Club discussion forum.
If he wants to post here, he just needs to create an account like the rest of us. Grant Thomas did it.

And for the record, I’d have absolutely no issue whatsoever sharing my opinions with Richo face to face if the club were to contact me directly and ask me to do so.
In acute mental health work you regularly are in close quarters with psychotic ppl, some that have Forensic histories, go into share houses looking for ppl, explain to people why mandatory treatment is necessary when they’re unwell and work with them after you administer it...
Do you really think I’m going to be intimidated talking to a man about football? And a nice one at that.

And... I’d be a hell of a lot nicer about it than many others would because none of my posts attack Richo personally because it’s not the least bit personal to me. I just don’t rate most of that that he does.

Here’s the thing though... because I’m a calm, rationale person... I’m not going to contact the club and ask to be let into a room with him... nor am I going to approach Richo at training or through insults over the fence...
I’m going to continue posting my opinion on a St.Kilda FC discussion forum which is where it belongs and I’m going to ask you to get a grip because I’m not doing anything wrong.
Skipped through the repetitive bits, agree, you aren't doing anything wrong, neither am I, but don't sook it up when I challenge your "opinions" (aka agenda) as consistently as you spew them up. It goes both ways doesn't it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 1:44pm

Yes you really are.

a) I’ll get band

On the second...

Skipped through the repetitive bits, agree, you aren't doing anything wrong, neither am I, but don't sook it up when I challenge your "opinions" (aka agenda) as consistently as you spew them up. It goes both ways doesn't it.
You don’t challenge anything. All you have are insults.

And when your posts revert to lying e.g.you post only after losses, that’s when you lose any moral high ground. You are a stalker and you are obsessed with me and it’s tiresome because it inhibits general football discussion.

I look forward to you actually stating an opinion of your own about St.Kilda and rationalising it.

twirlyhair
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 1:49pm

Yes you really are.

a) I’ll get band

On the second...

And when your posts revert to lying e.g.you post only after losses, that’s when you lose any moral high ground. You are a stalker and you are obsessed with me and it’s tiresome because it inhibits general football discussion.

I look forward to you actually stating an opinion of your own about St.Kilda and rationalising it.
What was this thread about again? 🤔

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yes you really are.

a) I’ll get band

On the second...

I admit, I am obsessed with your tiresome obsession about coach hating. How arogant do you have to be to not expext your nozzle will be clipped if you stick it into a forum and sook it up when it is whacked, and what's with this rationalising of opinions BS. Just plain arrogant and conceited not to expect a commensurate push back. Just toughen up Skeppers and please keep rationalising opinions so I can keep rubbising the ones that have been done to death and are just part your boring agenda.

I agree with a lot of your posts, just don't getty sooky when I dont agree, and have to disagree constantly because you constantly regurgitate them.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Richorgitate: (verb)

the act of obsessing over a coach, making it all about them at every opportunity and unrelentingly and repeatedly ascribing all negative otcomes to them while ignoring any and all positives.
Last edited by samoht on Sat 11 May 2019 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Exactly where in this thread did I attack the coach?

samoht
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:49pm Exactly where in this thread did I attack the coach?
Does it need to be in this thread in particular?
Thou protesteth too much, skeptic!
Last edited by samoht on Sat 11 May 2019 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’m not the one following ppl around nor am I piling on

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

If anyone is obsessed here it certainly isn’t me

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Whoever it is ...
it's like watching someone walking on a tightrope with flimsy equipment in a howling headwind and picking on their faults and hoping they'd falter and fall so you could be proven right about how poor an acrobat they are.
Last edited by samoht on Sat 11 May 2019 4:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The data shows clearly Cho is not a good head coach. Opinions are irrelevant.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Does the data take into account the headwinds and the fact that we're outperforming/beating expectations based on our list and injuries?
Last edited by samoht on Sat 11 May 2019 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:35pm

Yes you really are.

a) I’ll get band

On the second...

I admit, I am obsessed with your tiresome obsession about coach hating. How arogant do you have to be to not expext your nozzle will be clipped if you stick it into a forum and sook it up when it is whacked, and what's with this rationalising of opinions BS. Just plain arrogant and conceited not to expect a commensurate push back. Just toughen up Skeppers and please keep rationalising opinions so I can keep rubbising the ones that have been done to death and are just part your boring agenda.

I agree with a lot of your posts, just don't getty sooky when I dont agree, and have to disagree constantly because you constantly regurgitate them.
You’re free to challenge anything you want... I don’t see any challenging though. Just insults. It’s not so easy when you add substance yourself which I bet is why you avoid.
Don’t think I haven’t notice that you post more to/about me as I’ve backed off these past few weeks. True mark of a coward and a bully.

I read one of your posts the other day... if we keep winning we’ll make the finals. Ripping stuff. How about you actually post an opinion with substance or actually retort.

Are you scared I’ll dump all over it

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:58pm Whoever it is ...
it's like watching someone walking on a tightrope with flimsy equipment in a howling headwind and picking on their faults and hoping they'd falter and fall so they could be proven right about how poor an acrobat they are.
Ive never hoped the coach fails and have largely stopped posting about him because of the type of attention it receives.

This thread was not about the coach yet here you all are obsessing over it.

This clearly isn’t about anything I’m doing

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:58pm The data shows clearly Cho is not a good head coach. Opinions are irrelevant.
The data shows that the club has been unsuccessful. It is your opinion that this is largely/entirely the fault of the coach. There is no data to show how another coach would perform in exactly the same situation.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 3:00pm

You’re free to challenge anything you want... I don’t see any challenging though. Just insults. It’s not so easy when you add substance yourself which I bet is why you avoid.
Don’t think I haven’t notice that you post more to/about me as I’ve backed off these past few weeks. True mark of a coward and a bully.

I read one of your posts the other day... if we keep winning we’ll make the finals. Ripping stuff. How about you actually post an opinion with substance or actually retort.

Skeppers now you just sound childish, mate all I said was conspiracy theory Thursday to a comment you know is going to create all this convo so dont be so farking sensitive, you are bloody running a bloke into the ground with insults dressed up as rational opinions, over, and over, and over again. Like I said you would, couldn't do that face to face to someone without eventual getting one put on your nose. So own the fact it is only possible for you to get away with it with the wonderfuly modern tool that is an anonymous social media account.

I like a lot of the other stuff you post.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 3:03pm
samoht wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:58pm Whoever it is ...
it's like watching someone walking on a tightrope with flimsy equipment in a howling headwind and picking on their faults and hoping they'd falter and fall so they could be proven right about how poor an acrobat they are.
Ive never hoped the coach fails and have largely stopped posting about him because of the type of attention it receives.

This thread was not about the coach yet here you all are obsessing over it.

This clearly isn’t about anything I’m doing
You must admit it is a brilliant analogy by samoht huh.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 3:17pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 3:00pm

Skeppers now you just sound childish, mate all I said was conspiracy theory Thursday to a comment you know is going to create all this convo so dont be so farking sensitive, you are bloody running a bloke into the ground with insults dressed up as rational opinions, over, and over, and over again. Like I said you would, couldn't do that face to face to someone without eventual getting one put on your nose. So own the fact it is only possible for you to get away with it with the wonderfuly modern tool that is an anonymous social media account.

I like a lot of the other stuff you post.
Oh cut the BS. You are making connections that aren’t there like in this case because you’re obsessed and you’ve made a clear effort to follow me around and throw insults.
That is why this is an issue. It’s why you have to lie, PM me, quote me thread after thread and ignore all the other criticism of Richo on this forum that is prevalent atm and largely unconnected to me.

Own your behaviour.

What do I have to do to get you to leave me alone?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:59pm Does the data take into account the headwinds and the fact that we're outperforming/beating expectations based on our list and injuries?
Every team has injuries.

5+ years is a large sample size, we’re not talking about a 1 or 2 year coach.

The head coach sets the agenda for the club. 100+ games, no finals, 33% won. Has there EVER been as bad a record in the history of the AFL?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.