Nathan Freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nathan Freeman

From afl.com
Mid season draft prospects.

Nathan Freeman – Frankston (VFL)
23yo, 183cm, 85kg
Delisted by St Kilda at the end of 2018, Freeman had interest from Gold Coast before moving to the VFL where he has dominated in his first two games.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . Always on the cards.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Nathan Freeman

He goes ok but I think that horse has bolted Saynta. He wouldn't get a game in our current midfield which will only get better.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:20am He goes ok but I think that horse has bolted Saynta. He wouldn't get a game in our current midfield which will only get better.
Didn't mean for us . Anyway we don't have any spare spots,

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree. Its a damn shame that Freeza didn't make it to the big time. I think the step up in class and intensity from VFL to AFL is simply a bridge too far for this dreadfully unlucky young man.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:22am Tend to agree. Its a damn shame that Freeza didn't make it to the big time. I think the step up in class and intensity from VFL to AFL is simply a bridge too far for this dreadfully unlucky young man.
His problem is that he probably won't get any better to make it in the AFL long term. There are a lot of good VFL and state league footballers in that basket.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well. I for one hope he gets another chance and that someone picks him up in the mid season draft.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:26am Well. I for one hope he gets another chance and that someone picks him up in the mid season draft.
I HOPE so too, Colleague! But just feel that the kid has run out of options from other AFL Clubs.... would LOVE to be proven wrong, for the sake of Nathan Freeman.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:39am
saynta wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:26am Well. I for one hope he gets another chance and that someone picks him up in the mid season draft.
I HOPE so too, Colleague! But just feel that the kid has run out of options from other AFL Clubs.... would LOVE to be proven wrong, for the sake of Nathan Freeman.
I think he’d need a couple of seasons of consistent footy to get another shot at AFL.

Clubs wouldn’t want the risk IMO.

If he had a couple of good seasons and recovered some of the pace he had as a youth he is still young enough to get another opportunity as a mid season or mature rookie.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like someone on here is a little compromised, for whatever reason. Hence, they can't see straight.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:47am Sounds like someone on here is a little compromised, for whatever reason. Hence, they can't see straight.
It was another stuff up from ‘ tosser the flosser’ letting Nathan go. Just like Cripps leaving because tosser wouldn’t play him FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: FLOWERING FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

<1 day ban for baiting>

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:54am
SaintPav wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:47am Sounds like someone on here is a little compromised, for whatever reason. Hence, they can't see straight.
It was another stuff up from ‘ tosser the flosser’ letting Nathan go. Just like Cripps leaving because tosser wouldn’t play him FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: FLOWERING FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rubbish, wouldn't be in our best 30 this season, another good decision to let him go!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
outside66
Club Player

AFL clubs aren't able to select players that they delisted in the mid-season draft. Hopefully Freeman gets another go somewhere

saynta
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:03pm AFL clubs aren't able to select players that they delisted in the mid-season draft. Hopefully Freeman gets another go somewhere
Correct.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:45amIf he.....recovered some of the pace he had as a youth
That’s interesting, but are you aware of any young quick players, who injured young, losing agility and speed, recover from rehab and then regain their pre-injury pace at a later stage? Say in mid twenties or later. I know some players keep their speed, but actually get faster? I’ve never heard of that,

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Injury ravaged body, hasn’t shown much the last few seasons, slow, risky pick-up as might not get on the park much... quick, someone offer him $800k!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:51pm Injury ravaged body, hasn’t shown much the last few seasons, slow, risky pick-up as might not get on the park much... quick, someone offer him $800k!
Another positive post directed at a club that is 3-1, the club would really value such support, I'm sure!!!!!

stonecold
SS Life Member

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:15pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:45amIf he.....recovered some of the pace he had as a youth
That’s interesting, but are you aware of any young quick players, who injured young, losing agility and speed, recover from rehab and then regain their pre-injury pace at a later stage? Say in mid twenties or later. I know some players keep their speed, but actually get faster? I’ve never heard of that,
Yeap, very true!!!!!

But, then again, some on here just want the club (particularly the coach) to fail, just so they can say 'I told ya so'!!!!!

Freeman is a shadow of the player he could have been and will never get back there!!!!!

Some need to move on, but refuse to do so!!!!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:59pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:51pm Injury ravaged body, hasn’t shown much the last few seasons, slow, risky pick-up as might not get on the park much... quick, someone offer him $800k!
Another positive post directed at a club that is 3-1, the club would really value such support, I'm sure!!!!!
The club is not above criticism.

And I hope people internally are willing to give it when needed.

Sorry to offend, I hope they’ve got thicker skin than you Stoney! :)

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:25pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:59pm
The club is not above criticism.

And I hope people internally are willing to give it when needed.

Sorry to offend, I hope they’ve got thicker skin than you Stoney! :)
Yeah right Dudley, no one is above criticism, my skin is thick, but you and others just constantly post in a negative manner, sad really and wears down the 'true club supporters', each to their own, I spose!!!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Negativity has been a curse on the balance of mankind since the beginning of the cosmos. Imagine waking every day and just thinking negatively about everything (including the ST KFC). It must suck.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:36pm Negativity has been a curse on the balance of mankind since the beginning of the cosmos. Imagine waking every day and just thinking negatively about everything (including the ST KFC). It must suck.
Imagine waking up and everyday in denial and pretending everything is rainbows and lollipops, no matter how much of a disaster something is turning out to be. Just keep smiling and papering over the cracks and fingers crossed it will get better! Sounds like a Ned Flanders like breakdown just waiting to happen :shock:

I’d rather live in reality and acknowledge when things are good and when things are bad depending on the evidence presented before me.

But each to their own!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:11pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:36pm Negativity has been a curse on the balance of mankind since the beginning of the cosmos. Imagine waking every day and just thinking negatively about everything (including the ST KFC). It must suck.
Imagine waking up and everyday in denial and pretending everything is rainbows and lollipops, no matter how much of a disaster something is turning out to be. Just keep smiling and papering over the cracks and fingers crossed it will get better! Sounds like a Ned Flanders like breakdown just waiting to happen :shock:

I’d rather live in reality and acknowledge when things are good and when things are bad depending on the evidence presented before me.

But each to their own!
No you just keep bagging the club in the then rehashing every small thing you finally get right.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:22pm

But each to their own!
No you just keep bagging the club in the then rehashing every small thing you finally get right.
Nope. Much like your views on umpiring, you’re way off on this one too.

Richo still being head coach after 5 years of documented failure, and recruiting a broken down Dan Hannebery on $4M are the only 2 issues I have, I’m happy with how everything else at the club is going.

Sounds pretty positive to me! At least I have the ability to view the club objectively and don’t just blindly follow without question :)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:30pm

But each to their own!

Richo still being head coach after 5 years of documented failure, and recruiting a broken down Dan Hannebery on $4M are the only 2 issues I have, I’m happy with how everything else at the club is going.

Sounds pretty positive to me! At least I have the ability to view the club objectively and don’t just blindly follow without question :)
How can someone that doesn't play at the club or has no intimate knowledge of our training or structure bag the coach? Seems odd at least we can all see the umpires fingering us.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:33pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:30pm

But each to their own!

How can someone that doesn't play at the club or has no intimate knowledge of our training or structure bag the coach? Seems odd at least we can all see the umpires fingering us.
:lol:
I won’t mention the easily available data on Richo past coaching performance...

And how can someone who doesn’t umpire or have any intimate knowledge of what happens behind the scenes at the AFL know anything about supposed cheating or conspiring against St Kilda?
:roll: