Superman has arrived at Moorabbin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Superman has arrived at Moorabbin

dragit wrote: Sat 17 Nov 2018 8:34pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 17 Nov 2018 7:27pm :? :? :?
Do you identify as a Kent too?
He’s a less intelligent Kent who makes up stories, often referred as a dumb Kent or a lying Kent :wink:

<1 week ban issued for blatant abuse of a poster>

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

🙄🐶🙄

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Picked on the HFF in the first JLT game.

Astute trade after all. 😊

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
GilsAuPair
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 28 Feb 2019 7:34pm Picked on the HFF in the first JLT game.

Astute trade after all. 😊
Going early?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Maybe lol

I got plastered on here for saying he was a good pickup. I think he will be good for us and is obviously fit.

Total = 1.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Good post Ted. You picked this guy to be a winner before anyone else and I reckon you are on the money.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I thought Kent was really good on Sat. I would prefer him on the HFF over Mav and Michington. Same with Matt Parker. Good pickups.

Total = 1.
barneyboyz
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 10:10am I thought Kent was really good on Sat. I would prefer him on the HFF over Mav and Michington. Same with Matt Parker. Good pickups.
Just hope the commentators get used to him and Skunk playing together :lol:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
CarlD
Club Player

Whoever was doing the TV game graphics certainly had an issue at one point. :D

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I dont care who gets credited but if they kick 70 - 80 goals between them, I wont mind seeing double. Im squinting at the screen as it stands anyway.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Another good game. Great pickup. Great scouting and recruiting. This fella can bloody play.

Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Named on a HFF in his first game. A few Saints fans thought we recruited another injury prone player and were angry but well done to the club for scouting out and enticing a good player over from a top 4 side.

Parker and Wilkie (2 mature aged recruits we selected) are also debuting Rd 1 and look like very good prospects aged 22 and 23. Well done to the club again.

All are debuting for the Saints for Rd 1.

We should be happy with these 3 positives and focusing our attention on good news also.

Total = 1.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:25pm... A few Saints fans thought we recruited another injury prone player and were angry but well done to the club for scouting out and enticing a good player over from a top 4 side.
This is true. (But some of them have forgotten that they held that opinion. :wink: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:25pm Named on a HFF in his first game. A few Saints fans thought we recruited another injury prone player and were angry but well done to the club for scouting out and enticing a good player over from a top 4 side.

IN: Dean Kent
OUT: Pick No. 65

Let's cut the bulls*** please.

Kent only cost us us on pick 65. The vast majority of posters had no real issue about drafting such late pick for a player like Kent or the price that he cost in terms of trade, $$$ and contact length.

Now if we had paid overs then that would have been a different story, but we dot not.

You continue to live in a fantasy world.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GilsAuPair
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 2:17am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 22 Mar 2019 10:25pm Named on a HFF in his first game. A few Saints fans thought we recruited another injury prone player and were angry but well done to the club for scouting out and enticing a good player over from a top 4 side.

Kent only cost us us on pick 65. The vast majority of posters had no real issue about drafting such late pick for a player like Kent or the price that he cost in terms of trade, $$$ and contact length.

Now if we had paid overs then that would have been a different story, but we dot not.

Umm
ok?
Righto.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 2:17am

I recall Kent has a three year deal at the Saints.

Let’s see how he performs over that period before we call him a win or a bust.

He’s played a couple of practice matches thus far and picked in round 1, so signs are good but let’s not prematurely evaluate.

Just like Hannebery, let’s run the course before we judge.

You are 100% correct SRS, nobody seemed unhappy we got Kent and felt the price was right. I think we had a bit of a laugh that certain contributions seemed to indicate (because we got him) Kent was now a gun and in Melbournes best 22, etc when in reality most us knew his name but wouldn’t have been able to pick him in a line up.

We dumped fringe forwards in Minch & Mav which I agree with and replaced them with a Melbourne fringe player.
Hopefully it turns out a win and good luck to Kent on his debut.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 7:46am
We dumped fringe forwards in Minch & Mav which I agree with and replaced them with a Melbourne fringe player.
Hopefully it turns out a win and good luck to Kent on his debut.

I think that the club decided that overall that our team was too slow, and this I agree with.

The easy way to address this given that the club was not blessed with a list with many quick players was to swap some of our fringe players who were slow, despite what other qualities that may have for other, likely fringe players who could make our 22 who had pace.

So hence on players like Kent, Parker, Hind and Young.... and off with players like Weller and Minch.

The logic of this is sound.

Now guns with pace would be ideal, but a gun of any type is hard for the Saints to land. Whereas fringe players are much easier to secure.

So this part of our recent list management strategy I warmly welcome and heartily approve of.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great to see everyone thought it was an astute trade after all. C'mon Superman. I hope he has a big game.

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:52pm Great to see everyone thought it was an astute trade after all. C'mon Superman. I hope he has a big game.
I have just read through this topic and cannot see anyone referring to Kent as an astute trade (other than your good self) but would be happy to be enlightened.

I do have a question for you.
My perception of your opinion is - Dan who is injured needs to be given time to evaluate his worth and trade value but Kent who is yet to play a game and may play 1 or 100 for the club is already an astute trade.

Would you consider a less arbitrary approach and say judge their performance over the tenure of their contracts?

It appears to be your judgment method for Dan so why not Dean?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 12:52pm Great to see everyone thought it was an astute trade after all. C'mon Superman. I hope he has a big game.
I have just read through this topic and cannot see anyone referring to Kent as an astute trade (other than your good self) but would be happy to be enlightened.

I do have a question for you.
My perception of your opinion is - Dan who is injured needs to be given time to evaluate his worth and trade value but Kent who is yet to play a game and may play 1 or 100 for the club is already an astute trade.

Would you consider a less arbitrary approach and say judge their performance over the tenure of their contracts?

It appears to be your judgment method for Dan so why not Dean?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well Superman was more of a Clark Kent in Round 1.

Did kick the goal when it counted most though.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Named on the HFF again.

Did a good job on Harbrow. Kicked a clutch goal in the last qtr. Directly assisted two goals from memory.

Superman will get better over time. He just needs to play more footy.

Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 8:57pm Named on the HFF again.

Did a good job on Harbrow. Kicked a clutch goal in the last qtr. Directly assisted two goals from memory.

Superman will get better over time. He just needs to play more footy.
I hope those drug cheats don't revert to the kyptonite :wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

He has a weapon in his left foot, good foot skills have been sorely lacking at the saints. Didn’t show the pace he is reported to have and doesn’t look a high possession player.

Now I’ve seen him live reminds me a bit of Brent Guerra circa 2004.

The challenge for Dean is to become a regular AFL footballer after 5 or 6 years of being a fringe player.

Glad he retained his place as the coach obviously felt he hadn’t performed well on debut.

He has a point of difference at the Saints with his kicking so let’s hope he can make it.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Richo won't drop anyone he has picked in the draft/trade periods (unless your name is Clark or Coffield).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!