Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

I like chinese

but i fear when the Doc sends his evil twin to shanghai this year to have a quiet whisper in President Xi Jinping ear then our bottomless bucket dreams will once again be sunk
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Sat 02 Feb 2019 12:41pm Like hell it is
Why am I fat ?

I think it's more evidence that the good Doc is quacking wrong
sunsaint wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 4:21pm I like chinese

but i fear when the Doc sends his evil twin to shanghai this year to have a quiet whisper in President Xi Jinping ear then our bottomless bucket dreams will once again be sunk

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Those dreams will rise from the bucket again, gushing forth like a gaiser, suspending the spirits of the Martyr Saints of China, in the name of pluralism, modernization, post-imperialism and more aircraft carriers. After the deal is done, they could upgrade the plan, (I'm sure Vic government will accommodate) reclaim part of Port Philip Bay, build a new stadium on the re-claimed land, including a brick-by-brick copy of the Junction Oval with a statue of Nick Riewolt.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

yahooo - now we are talking
build it - they will come

The island of St kilda off St Kilda

we need to drown out & ignore the small minded, no dream, naysayers

Seeya
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:15pm Dave, when you provide your detailed plan as to how the JO can happen, then you'll get your meme.

But I won't hold my breath because every time I ask you for it you just copy and paste "JO is the GO" rubbish. You keep going on about clearing a $10 million debt but how will that happen by building a stadium (on land we don't have) that would conservatively cost $500,000,000? And before you rubbish that figure take a look at the money poured into Skilled Stadium over the years, seeing as you love to use the Cats as your example of how we can make money from having our own ground. It makes no sense.

Either you really are insane or you're just trolling the hell out of this topic (I suspect it's the latter, egged on by your mate with the big hose :roll: )

But if you are not mad, and if you are serious, then please do tell; how does one actually make the JO the GO (a real plan is required not some "Green New Deal" crap :wink: ) ?

We're all waiting...
We have 'money men'. Our Pres' founded an AUD 2 billion company. (And being on the BOM when we lost the JO golden opportunity... he bloody well owes us!!!) Who knows what Linfox is worth...? And there are others. Head of AV Jennings, senior honcho at Coles...

We have 'money men' who have political clout/influence.

That's the broad brush stroke of how. The fine details... I'll leave up to them.

We don't need $500,000,000. (I still don't know where you get that figure from? :? )

The Hillbillies net $825,000K from an average crowd of only 26,000K. It wouldn't take much for the JO to hold that size crowd right now. (Hey, it did so for the last Community Cup match held there ~2005.)

Sure, we (final-bloody-ly) have a new deal at Dockedlands. But whilst we should no longer pay out $73K :evil: to host a 26,000 home game (familiar crowd size figure?), the take is still a tiny fraction of the Hillbillies' $825K take... per home game.

Hell, even a boutique crowd of 15,000-odd would net us way way more what we'd get at Dockedlands.

The JO is the GO!

(Or we could keep living hand-to-mouth, our long term survival never really assured, our time at the pointy end of the ladder... even less so. :( )

So, over to you Doc! I'm really hangin' out to see that meme that proves an alternative solution to everyone else clearing their $10mil debts... whilst ours continues... to grow. A.k.a. the 'How our Saintas can survive and thrive' meme. It's gonna' need to be a ripper meme. :idea: :)

And come on Doc... Aryan blonde hair please!

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Could Melbourne Renegades and St KFC merge or link up?

1) Private franchise ownership thorny question for CA, but existing footy club with 145 years (is that how old we are?) potentially a good match
2) CA and Junction Oval married.Renegads also play Marvell Stadium Docklands.
3) Renegades Chairman Jason Dunstall and Spud Frawley mates. (Possibly also married?)
4) Red, White and Black.
5) Enjoy beating Eddies boys, tormenting Eddies boys, and hurting Eddie for his MCGistic chauvinism.*
6) rule should be in place, only AFL clubs with over 140 years experience shall qualify for shared ownership. (Eliminating Ed)
7) Massive foreign gambling potential, debt liquidation and combined with my Chinese proposal (after Shang Hai game, we cut deal)

Love to give a little more oxygen to this wonderful jack-and-the-weed-stork thread.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 18 Feb 2019 6:24pm Could Melbourne Renegades and St KFC merge or link up?

1) Private franchise ownership thorny question for CA, but existing footy club with 145 years (is that how old we are?) potentially a good match
2) CA and Junction Oval married.Renegads also play Marvell Stadium Docklands.
3) Renegades Chairman Jason Dunstall and Spud Frawley mates. (Possibly also married?)
4) Red, White and Black.
5) Enjoy beating Eddies boys, tormenting Eddies boys, and hurting Eddie for his MCGistic chauvinism.*
6) rule should be in place, only AFL clubs with over 140 years experience shall qualify for shared ownership. (Eliminating Ed)
7) Massive foreign gambling potential, debt liquidation and combined with my Chinese proposal (after Shang Hai game, we cut deal)

Love to give a little more oxygen to this wonderful jack-and-the-weed-stork thread.
careful...Dr Spaceman will MEME you ... anything pro JO will be shot down by the Dr :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:We have 'money men'. Our Pres' founded an AUD 2 billion company. (And being on the BOM when we lost the JO golden opportunity... he bloody well owes us!!!) Who knows what Linfox is worth...? And there are others. Head of AV Jennings, senior honcho at Coles...

We have 'money men' who have political clout/influence.

That's the broad brush stroke of how. The fine details... I'll leave up to them.
They're money men because they're smart. They would have to be stupid to put any money into your pipe dream.

The JO you refer to is gone. Gone for good. Cricket has it and that's never going to change. They don't need to share and they won't share.

You would have to build a new JO somewhere else. But where? We don't have any land.

Now if you did find some land then you have to build a stadium. A Geelong style stadium would easily cost $500,000,000. Its fair to use that figure as you keep referring to them in relation to match returns and profits. The reality is they already had a stadium so that figure is probably conservative.

Now Geelong had various federal and state governments throwing $100,000,000 grants at them every time an election came around. No one is going to give us anything more; what we're going to get has already been sunk into Moorabbin.

Just because an apparent insider got you excited about this a few years ago means nothing now. There was a slight chance of a return before Dan Andrews was elected in 2015. But that has now gone.

And the whispers that you cling onto all came before the club negotiated an unexpected and magnificent return to Moorabbin. The AFL wants us at Moorabbin. The State Government wants us at Moorabbin. The St Kilda Football Club wants us at Moorabbin. That's the end of the story.

Your money men may have looked longingly at the JO when we were stuck in Seaford. But your money men are now all happy at Moorabbin. They will not fund a development elsewhere. It's over.

Now I admit I don't have a miracle cure to wipe off our debt, but I do have confidence in the club taking us in the right direction. And that direction does not include the JO.

So I'll just stick to my usual meme themes thanks Dave Image

PS: Perhaps I'll make you bald Image

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:01pmThey're money men because they're smart. They would have to be stupid to put any money into your pipe dream.

The JO you refer to is gone. Gone for good. Cricket has it and that's never going to change. They don't need to share and they won't share.

You would have to build a new JO somewhere else. But where? We don't have any land.
Doc, you keep misreading/misquoting/misconstruing (I"ll let you choose the correct option :) ) my argument.

'Money men' means... men with political clout and influence.

For example, it's continuing written how our current Pres' and his bro' took on the might of the big American tech companies when they launched their little start up. So, using a bit of influence to get us to the JO should be a walk in the park.

All the arguments you make about the hurdles in our way should be irrelevant. Our BOM has the clout, connections and experience. It is their job (and duty) to simply get-us-there!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:01pmThe JO you refer to is gone. Gone for good. Cricket has it and that's never going to change. They don't need to share and they won't share.
Stuff the VCA! They are <term used automatically blocked by swear filter for being deemed inappropriately weak> fools! :evil: :evil: :evil: They have no valid reason not to share, and heaps of reasons to do so!

I go past the JO every second Friday. I've yet to see any centre wicket cricket being played there over the Melbourne winter.

The VCA is merely an annoying hurdle. See my point above. Just get the move done Saint's BOM

I'm not advocating for going this far (unless absolutely necessary :twisted: ), but hey, Eddy-Everywhere got the Skunks into the Lex-arse Centre with Athletics Australia, then, even had Athletics Oz kicked out.

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:01pmNow if you did find some land then you have to build a stadium. A Geelong style stadium would easily cost $500,000,000. Its fair to use that figure as you keep referring to them in relation to match returns and profits. The reality is they already had a stadium so that figure is probably conservative.
Doc, you're doing it again. The $825K net profit per game is from an average crowd of only 26,000.

JO held that crowd as recently as 2005. :idea:

We don't need $500 million. :idea: (And even a much smaller home crowd of say 10-15,000 people would still net us way more than even our new Dockedlands deal.)

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:01pmNow I admit I don't have a miracle cure to wipe off our debt, but I do have confidence in the club taking us in the right direction. And that direction does not include the JO.
Right direction? :?

How does the obscurity of a Moorabbin side street help us compete with the league powerhouses???

How does it help us compete with their home game gate takings?

How does it help us compete with their home ground advantage?

How does it help us compete with their allure to sponsors...?

Dr Spaceman wrote: Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:01pmPS: Perhaps I'll make you bald
Now Doc, do I detect a touch of jealousy towards the blonde eyes and blue hair of us members of the Aryan master race? That would surely be in breach of one of the recent 'Brave New World' edicts from the SS bunker. :P

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."
Aussie Jonestown Massacre wrote: Fri 09 Nov 2018 12:12pm Saints moving forward to the Junction Oval certainly has an air of inevitability about it!
sunsaint wrote:... why you do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

Once again Dave you give us nothing.

Nothing to indicate any of your powerful influential money men have any intention of doing anything about JO. Nothing.

So baldy it's quite clear that The JO is a NO GO.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

And it never will be. Thank god. A dump in a shitty unsafe suburb,

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

“We are St Kilda first and Moorabbin second” said Les*.

http://www.fnwb.com.au/uncategorized/st ... but-didnt/

Great Article.

I suppose many here have read it already..

Notice Butters said that re-introducing home Moorabbin games might not be out of the question (ala Collingwood at VicPark mid '90s when they would get the Bears and Dockers only) until Seaford kicked in.

Damn, the Southern Saints thing was awful.

We kept our name, 'St Kilda' ....

2 games at JO
2 at Moorabbin
1 in Russia (Those cats will dig Aussie rules with Vodka)
7 at Marvelous Stadium

*Supporter who attempted to initiate (hopeless) resistance to Waverley move in '92.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Fri 22 Feb 2019 11:08pm Once again Dave you give us nothing.

Nothing to indicate any of your powerful influential money men have any intention of doing anything about JO. Nothing.

I disagree Doc. I answered your questions.
- As an AFL club, with BOM members and supporters with clout, we should be able to get back home. The Skunks got into the Lex-arse Centre.
- JO could be the Go very quickly, to hold a crowd that would net us way more than Dockedlands nets us when hosting 'smaller drawing teams'.

So over to you Doc. Time to answer my questions? Plenty of people awaiting your meme that provides the alternative pathway to us becoming a powerhouse again.

PS: And Doc. Put your envy aside. I expect hair. Proud blue hair and blonde eyes. Aryan lives matter too.

PPS: Have you checked your bathtub recently Doc? :wink:

+3

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

Dave McNamara wrote:

- As an AFL club, with BOM members and supporters with clout, we should be able to get back home. The Skunks got into the Lex-arse Centre.
- JO could be the Go very quickly, to hold a crowd that would net us way more than Dockedlands nets us when hosting 'smaller drawing teams'.
As per usual, no answers Dave.

Show me where any of our members and supporters of clout have indicated they are interested in your JO. Don't be shy :)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Mon 25 Feb 2019 10:53pm
Dave McNamara wrote:

As per usual, no answers Dave.

Show me where any of our members and supporters of clout have indicated they are interested in your JO. Don't be shy :)

I disagree Doc. The answers are right there. As per usual, you are (choosing to?) not see the forest for the trees.

But on the topic of no answers... and no meme... our $10 million debt is growing, whilst enemy clubs clear their $10 million debts. (Including one club, with no supporters, and also no pokie bandits. :idea: )

I also note Doc that your 'Aryian envy' is still getting the better of you. Fixing that, would at least give some increased accuracy to the theme of your memes. :wink:

+3

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 5:37pm Image

Doc, still donuts from you re solving how our $10 million debt is growing, whilst enemy clubs clear their $10 million debts. (Including one club, with no supporters, and also no pokie bandits. :idea: )

Credit where it's due though Doc. You're obviously trying. Red hair is a step in the right direction to overcoming your Aryan envy.

Oh, and whilst you're supplying donuts Doc... I love pineapple donuts. :D

+3

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Oh Doc. Just when I thought you might be getting on a roll...

But still no meme addressing... our $10 million debt is growing, whilst enemy clubs clear their $10 million debts. (Including one club, with no supporters, and also no pokie bandits. :idea: ) Our beloved club is going backwards.

And whilst not as vital, there's still no meme paying homage to the noble Aryan genes, the (clearly) racially superior blonde eyes n' the blue hair.

And Doc, whilst you're serving up donuts... no pineapple ones... I'm disappointed. :(

+3

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave, if you refuse to read my posts then I can't help you.

You are clearly just trolling and therefore I will ignore your gibberish.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Looks like the love-child of Dave McNamara and Harpo Marx. Great work Doc!

Saint supporter since '62
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Has nobody floated the idea of a floating stadium next to St Kilda Marina, similar to the floating stadium already in Singapore? Could be towed to Seaford for some games. (Keep our Seaford friends connected) Or rotated for best sun and wind angles - better TV, audience experience. Shuttle ferry to Williamstown. $ee the potential?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Tell the Chinese we want to build a new port
Watch the billions pour in

Seeya