Acres interest for home?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Acres interest for home?

I live in Perth and the newsagency owner knows Acres mum very well. She has indicated that Acres has made a comment at home about a return to WA. Not sure of the timing or even if this is just a rumour. Anyone heard of this?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Acres interest for home?

I heard a strong rumour there is a flight booked for him in early April for a visit to the Dockers. Lock it in.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

How good is Acres, really. Disclosed form is fair rather than top class (?). He looks good in the warm ups but often seems slow in movement/decision making and has shown terrible judgement at times. If we got a nice draft pick we might be better off. Seems to be regularly out with injuries. In any case either be all in or go home, I'd suggest. Of course AR doesn't seem to know how to use him when he is fit so perhaps it would be win win if he asked or a move.

longtimesaint
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:12am I heard a strong rumour there is a flight booked for him in early April for a visit to the Dockers. Lock it in.
He is contracted until the end of 2020 - would the Dockers give a first round pick for him?

One year will be our year
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:23am
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:12am I heard a strong rumour there is a flight booked for him in early April for a visit to the Dockers. Lock it in.
He is contracted until the end of 2020 - would the Dockers give a first round pick for him?
I doubt it. I just think he will drop in and see his mum after the Freo/ Saints clash.

Crossy66
Club Player

I can confirm this rumour.... Saints play Feo on April 7th in Perth :lol:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 8:02am How good is Acres, really. Disclosed form is fair rather than top class (?). He looks good in the warm ups but often seems slow in movement/decision making and has shown terrible judgement at times. If we got a nice draft pick we might be better off. Seems to be regularly out with injuries. In any case either be all in or go home, I'd suggest. Of course AR doesn't seem to know how to use him when he is fit so perhaps it would be win win if he asked or a move.
I reckon he's a player that relishes a challenge and perhaps does not get as motivated when the team is constantly losing. Some guys step up when the game is on the line and I've seen him bob up and take contested marks and kick difficult goals when we've needed him.

I reckon Acres is the sort of bloke who gets bored with the monotony of listening to a coach carry on about giving a strong contest when the team is 6 goals down in the first half and struggling to compete for the remainder of matches. Similar to guys who step up when it's finals time. Hopefully for his sake and for the current line up he gets to experience finals sooner than later

degruch
Saintsational Legend

LOL...he'd need to get motivated, you don't get that kind of trade on unfulfilled potential.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:08pm
LOL...he'd need to get motivated, you don't get that kind of trade on unfulfilled potential.
Ha ha, he'd be worth a second round pick, a mars and a coke but would make a lovely understudy for the Pied Fyfer rotating through the middle and half forward. Freo could ask but kot too sure it would happen His mum would be happy tho. I get the feeling there is a newsagent somewhere in Perth drumming up headlines to increase his newspaper sales.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He hasn’t come on as we’d hoped, but I put that down as poor development by the coaches as well as untimely injuries.

Hopefully Ratten and the new blood see him as a strong-bodied midfielder and get the most out of his potential, of which he has plenty

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I’d take a second rounder. We basically need to start over and grab as many trades for picks as we can. From our early time under richo I’d try to keep gresh, Roberton, carlisle and Steele. Give acres, billing’s, Sinclair, Dunstan, McCartin, and Lonie this season to show something or offload them while we can. Hopefully some of them come on.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:10am I live in Perth and the newsagency owner knows Acres mum very well. She has indicated that Acres has made a comment at home about a return to WA. Not sure of the timing or even if this is just a rumour. Anyone heard of this?
If he doesnt fullfil his potential this season Id imagine he will be on the list to be traded in any event. Freo have a young small midfield so they would be more than interested and pay accordingly. Win win for both clubs.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I don't care if he goes home to WA in the near future, as long as we can get a fair deal for trading him.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
To the top
SS Life Member

A required player at St Kilda

Usage running the wings and rucking has not been beneficial to his development and impact on games

stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:13pm A required player at St Kilda

Usage running the wings and rucking has not been beneficial to his development and impact on games

📯📯📯📯📯

<1 day ban for commenting on a poster>

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
guitars4
Club Player

IMO he's a required player. Guys of his size & agility are hard to find & yes he has been a bit disappointing so far but if he can live up to his potential he will be a very handy player.Let's hope the penny drop's & starts producing what he is capable of.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Needs to pull the finger out.

Wasting years.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
To the top
SS Life Member

With such as “Stonecold” responding as he does to every contribution it is no wonder this site has degenerated as it unfortunately has

“Stonecold”, there are descriptions of the likes of you, none of them complimentary

You are a know all faunicated moron with your belittling bullying trolling of the opinions of others

There is an old saying that the louder the voice the less the brains - and you are confirmation

<1 week ban for abuse of a poster>

stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:36pm With such as “Stonecold” responding as he does to every contribution it is no wonder this site has degenerated as it unfortunately has

“Stonecold”, there are descriptions of the likes of you, none of them complimentary

You are a know all faunicated moron with your belittling bullying trolling of the opinions of others

There is an old saying that the louder the voice the less the brains - and you are confirmation
You need to read the new rules, your the one who put yourself on a Pedestal of Importance and made the 'Statement of your last Post' months ago, so I am honouring you every 'New' last post with these 📯📯📯📯📯

Surely even you can see the humour?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
To the top
SS Life Member

You periodically come to a site such as this to see if there is any information you may not otherwise be aware of - and you note some opinions you may respond to such as my belief that the immediate future of St Kilda revolves around Acres and his progression to 100 games of AFL experience (and being correctly deployed)

Along with some others progressing to experienced AFL footballers

And in my opinion we have deficiencies including particularly ball usage (so players such as Geary, Ross and some others who can not deliver quickly and accurately by foot over distance) and, as acknowledged by most, a deficiency in our rucking resource particularly with the trading of Hickey (to West Coast, the premier club no less) because that leaves us with Pearce with a handful of games experience, Marshall ditto and Longer whose impact on games has been what it has been, confirmed by statistics compared to the statistics of other ruckmen in the competition

For expressing those opinions there are the responses of “Stonecold” such as we see on this thread directed not at my contribution but directed at me - an identity on a forum such as this so completely unknown apart from a forum “name”

So nobody knows who is on the other end of the “name”

Except that my opinion of the serial stalker “Stonecold” is that she/he is a demented f*** wit who drives contributors from this site

<1 week ban for blatant abuse of a poster>

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

kalsaint wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 2:10am I live in Perth and the newsagency owner knows Acres mum very well. She has indicated that Acres has made a comment at home about a return to WA. Not sure of the timing or even if this is just a rumour. Anyone heard of this?
I live in Perth, and quite often touch base with Kellie Acres on social media.
I'll send her a PM.

After Mrs Acres responds, I'll inform this forum.

I know which suburb the Acres family lives in; I ask that you tell us roughly whereabouts this is. Just curious.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The response from Mrs Kellie Acres was
"Blake is quite settled in Melbourne and happy with saints “

and about the newsagent:
:shock: :roll:

I moved to Perth over 20 years ago.
Didn't take long to work out that most Perth folk are the biggest gossipers in the country
and will make things up and swear on the Bible that they are 100% fair dinkum.

This newsagent is full of BS, sorry.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 01 Mar 2019 3:56pm The response from Mrs Kellie Acres was

and about the newsagent:

Didn't take long to work out that most Perth folk are the biggest gossipers in the country

Good to know.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

kalsaint
Club Player

To the top wrote: Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:13pm A required player at St Kilda

I tend to agree. He has lots of potential but just needs to turn this into reality. I reckon he has quite good skills in close and has been able to open up opposition defences at times.

Interesting how everyone thinks Freo!

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

kalsaint
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Fri 01 Mar 2019 3:56pm The response from Mrs Kellie Acres was

and about the newsagent:

Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear that as I value Acres a lot. I have PM'd you today and wont add to any further speculation, other than he is capable of making a real impact on our Club's plan execution.