I didnt know....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: I didnt know....

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:50pm You are a deep thinker about the cosmos asiu but your posts are a little hard to tackle. Can you write in plain English sometimes?

<new rule: not allowed to comment negatively about / to poster/s - one day ban applied>
That's a joke, right?

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:51am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:50pm You are a deep thinker about the cosmos asiu but your posts are a little hard to tackle. Can you write in plain English sometimes?

<new rule: not allowed to comment negatively about / to poster/s - one day ban applied>
That's a joke, right?
No. Tell me what value his comment makes to discussion about the St Kikda Football Club? That is the sole purpose of this fan forum. What right does he have comment and criticise another poster’s writing style? How can that commentary be positive and it is obviously a criticism and therefore negative. It can only antagonise the poster that it was directed at. It can only inflame an argument. The rules are clear. Minor offence gets the 1 day ban. Don’t do the crime and then you don’t do the time.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:26am

That's a joke, right?
No. Tell me what value his comment makes to discussion about the St Kikda Football Club? That is the sole purpose of this fan forum. What right does he have comment and criticise another poster’s writing style? How can that commentary be positive and it is obviously a criticism and therefore negative. It can only antagonise the poster that it was directed at. It can only inflame an argument. The rules are clear. Minor offence gets the 1 day ban. Don’t do the crime and then you don’t do the time.
surely you jest - both the choice of syntax and the agrammatical presentation, presumably deliberate, did make the post hard to fathom. Asking for simplicity and clarity in writing (sometime) is a fair request. If the poster is really interested in passing on cosmic musings, rather than posturing, then plain english would be better.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:50am

That's a joke, right?
surely you jest - both the choice of syntax and the agrammatical presentation, presumably deliberate, did make the post hard to fathom. Asking for simplicity and clarity in writing (sometime) is a fair request. If the poster is really interested in passing on cosmic musings, rather than posturing, then plain english would be better.
I double checked the old and new rules and there is no rule relating to writing style. Even foreign languages are permitted. End of subject.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Club Player

[/quote]

I double checked the old and new rules and there is no rule relating to writing style. Even foreign languages are permitted. End of subject.
[/quote]

Wenn eine solche milde Kritik zu einem Verbot führt, wird dieses Board verwelken und sterben.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

That's a joke, right?
Fair comment, but do you not believe in the punishment befitting the crime as well?

Can you honestly reflect on above and say the punishment fits the crime?

If you think it does IMO the roadhouse rules “my way or the highway” have just rolled into the forum version of a nanny state.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:30pm surely you jest - both the choice of syntax and the agrammatical presentation, presumably deliberate, did make the post hard to fathom. Asking for simplicity and clarity in writing (sometime) is a fair request. If the poster is really interested in passing on cosmic musings, rather than posturing, then plain english would be better.
[/quote]

Wenn eine solche milde Kritik zu einem Verbot führt, wird dieses Board verwelken und sterben.
[/quote]
Người ta chỉ có thể che miệng trong sự khiêm nhường như là sự sinh sôi.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:18pm

That's a joke, right?
Fair comment, but do you not believe in the punishment befitting the crime as well?

If you think it does IMO the roadhouse rules “my way or the highway” have just rolled into the forum version of a nanny state.
You can’t be negative about the rules. One day ban forthcoming I fear...

Das ist Verboten!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Just don't comment negatively about another poster or other posters. It is completely unnecessary.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:18pm

That's a joke, right?

It is a 24 hour ban. I think that fits the crime.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:30pm surely you jest - both the choice of syntax and the agrammatical presentation, presumably deliberate, did make the post hard to fathom. Asking for simplicity and clarity in writing (sometime) is a fair request. If the poster is really interested in passing on cosmic musings, rather than posturing, then plain english would be better.
[/quote]

[/quote]

OR the forum will prosper because we shall talk footy rather than throw insults at each other and build conflict.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i can re write it slower
if that helps

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I hope there is room for both matter-of-fact, plain talking footy stuff and we should also allow the flowers of rhetorical nonsense to bloom in their glorious colours every onw and then - it makes you feel human. One caveat is that if we do froth forth in wordly slpendor, we shall expect and deal with the wrath of the axe swinging Spartan who feels offended, without over sensitivity. Half the time I don't understand the words, but it still feels good to connect to other humans expressing themselves, because our love of St Kilda isn't just about the technical nuts and bolts of football or because we want to celebrate the sensational careers of groundbreaking ruckman like Shane Grambeau. (no 34!)
Last edited by shanegrambeau on Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

wasn’t posturing at all

on a hiding to nothing
EVERY TIME
when trying to articulate ‘that’ that is basically unarticulatable

it is ‘the’ subject of interest in my life

so ... u can stick the ‘posturing’ insult where the sun don’t shine

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:43pm i can re write it slower
if that helps
So the premise of the ban is that Ted couldn’t understand your musings and asked you to write it in a more simplistic fashion that he could comprehend and was suspended for this.

Perhaps the administrator misconstrued Teddys intention with his reply.

Perhaps we should submit our IQ and results from our English exams prior to our commentary being judged to remove ambiguity over intent.

I’d be in trouble after leaving school at 15 and failing English. As RW would say, “ me fail English, that’s unpossible”.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

put what i wrote ,
as i wrote it
in front of someone who KNOWS

‘n i’d be disappointed if it wasnt’t met with a
thumbs up or a ‘good effort’ dumbo

asiu
Saintsational Legend

and i’ll just add ,
i took no offence from Teds reply
even if he meant to insult me

i dont give a sh!t

i’m speaking to the Heart of Man
not his egoic nature

asiu
Saintsational Legend

one for the judgement chuckers

Club Player

asiu wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:50pm wasn’t posturing at all

on a hiding to nothing
EVERY TIME

Should those contributing to a football forum that wonder about deliberately inarticulate musings entirely unrelated to football be banned- even for a day? What would the cosmos say about that?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 4:50pm
asiu wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:50pm wasn’t posturing at all

on a hiding to nothing
EVERY TIME

Should those contributing to a football forum that wonder about deliberately inarticulate musings entirely unrelated to football be banned- even for a day? What would the cosmos say about that?
How were they unrelated? There were numerous posts as the thread unfolded and they were all discussing mental health which was the subject of the op. Did you not read the content on the first couple of pages? When you made your first contribution ( which wasn't until late into the thread) did you discuss footy or add to the topic?

So ....if you want to ban people for posturing and musings......ban yourself for a start...and then me 8-)

Myron Gaines
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:54am Maybe your destiny, my destiny and everyone's destiny has already been pre determined to a degree. One thing you can't change is the cosmic order on a physical and scientific level.
Consider this: if we are being observed from light years away then those observing us are watching after the event has occurred because of the delay receiving the event. As such, from “their” perspective our destiny is predetermined. Mind blown.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

That's a joke, right?
I'm missing Steady Eddy already. :(

Hey Simon, how's about bringing back someone like Pluggsy or BigMart or Jaffaboy to temporarily fill this gaping void? Think of it as being a bit like the medivacing of sick asylum seekers. A temporary humanitarian gesture that would not undermine national (Saintsational) sovereignty.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I don’t understand anything.
But i’m not going to ask anyone.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
asiu
Saintsational Legend

deliberately inarticulate musings
its all choice

again , you choose
... your intent made manifest

i clearly stated my need
to present accuracy

so at the very worst
throw a judgement of combobulation at me

that seems fair ‘n plausible from my side of the fence

who are you to know my intent is not as i clearly stated it was before you entered the arena

your intent is seemingly self evident
... hang that cat for crimes against “both the choice of syntax and the agrammatical presentation,”

maybe its cosmic will dragging you to a thread about mental health and more particularly , destiny

how woo woo is that !

buy your self a lottery ticket

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:53pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:54am Maybe your destiny, my destiny and everyone's destiny has already been pre determined to a degree. One thing you can't change is the cosmic order on a physical and scientific level.
Consider this: if we are being observed from light years away then those observing us are watching after the event has occurred because of the delay receiving the event. As such, from “their” perspective our destiny is predetermined. Mind blown.
Interesting and spot on. The universe is just like looking back in time. Einstein kind of proved that you can time travel in space.

I'm more into ancient history and philosophy but the cosmos has perked my interest at times. Funnily enough, the Saints footy clubs story so far has mirrored some ancient cultures. The end story turned out ok for some but not very great for others. 😑

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.