Saints or SINNERS?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Saints or SINNERS?

ST.kilda F.C. is the home of the devil. AND by the devil I mean Satan. Lucifer, the anti-christ, God's alter-ego, the one He has all the fun with.
We are a fun club, aren't we? The fairy-tale club. The special club, made especially by the God who rules over all things such as football, the history of football and the way the whole story of all the football ever played in this great game of ours in which ST.kilda is indeed by far and away the funnest club of them all, made particularly for satan, the devil, the anti-christ, so he can f*** 'em all right in the end.
That's St.KIlda. THAT's PLugger, Doc, Banger, Buckets, and that one Premiership in '66 to rule them all.
IF the players can understand this power behind the whole club that they have unwittingly become embroiled in, then the club can get the best out of them.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints or SINNERS?

This forum is 'f'd up enough without you bringing religion into it

Not sure if those ex players and the club want to be associated with your guy...but

What sort of sponsorship $$dollars is this 'Satan' you speak of going to invest in the Saints

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Love this snap of Max King's induction…

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

One of the strangest posts I have ever seen.

So if the club makes a pact with the devil we will win another flag...correct?

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

he’s mixed up santa with satan

thats a Collingwood supporter for you

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 01 Feb 2019 3:11pm he’s mixed up santa with satan

thats a Collingwood supporter for you
Or Saynta?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
asiu
Saintsational Legend

good point

as in ... saytan ?

it does make more sense
than santa with a silent y

i wonder if the doc could update my av then

to a saytan on a spike

David-Lee
Club Player

The OP may contend as such that due to our history ( sucking eggs) we must be members of the house of Satan?

If, and I do mean if, a person believes in Lucifer ( the Morning Star) and YAHWEH (God). They would know that the Bible states God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.

Omnipotence means all-powerful.
Omniscience means all-knowing.
Omnipresence means all-present.

Satan on the other hand is a created being, a lesser form of being than God. Though endowed with great power as a former arch angel he is limited to being in one place at a time, he only knows what he has experienced and his power is limited. If he knows everything and God and Jesus are his enemy, then why would he influence men to kill Jesus which according to the Bible was the key to redeeming humanity? According to this thought process, one would assume, Satan only knows what he has lived.

Lucifer was a ministering angel using music to worship. He had freedom to choose according to the story and persuaded 1/3 of heavens angels to join him. He was sealed in his choice unable to change his mind and cast from heaven.

As the stated goal of God in creating all beings is to to have connection a "pericherosis" , an intimate relationship, all beings must be able to choose or the relationship can not be genuine. God does not interfere with choice thus the quandary many have of why a suppsedly loving God allows evil things to happen ( because interference with a human choice is counter to freedom to choose).
According to Scriptures Lucifer, like God, has power but it is only effective when human permit the power to be "used" ( the tenet of free will - all beings created by God are free to choose their own way without interference from God or Satan). If either being had control- Satan would kill everyone and destroy everything and God would control everyone and make us all church robots.

This is a big IF for those that believe in the Bible.

So, theologically alignment with Satan yields suffering and alignment with God yields intimate relationship ( not a bed of roses as some have falsely preached).

Does God care about a footy club? No. He cares about people.
Does Satan care about St Kilda? No. He cares about hurting God by hurting the very thing God longs to be in relationship with- people.

Or so I'm told when I considered ministry and studied in seminary 30 years ago ( that didn't end well- turns out, I AM an asshole).

So I guess the lads could become Satanists and hope Satan is keen on being St Kilda ( he can only be in one place at a time) not in the USA tormenting Trump lol.

If you enjoyed this sermonette please PM your credit card number and pin so I can bless you.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ I AM an arsehole

we all are

that was a good read

technically accurate ... imo
(with the christian dressing or without)

ta
interesting

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

For all of those interested in atheism I can recommend a Christopher Hitchens Book titled God is not Great, How Religion Poisons Everything.

For all those who are believers....as you were.

Happy Sunday Morning.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

God will bring justice to St.Kilda F.C in the form of a dagger named 'Serpent's Claw.'

To drink from the premiership cup is to taste eternal life, friends.

We need a cutting edge.

St.Kilda has been systematically bled by all the other clubs from day one. The lion's share of the greatness that has grown like fruit in the St.Kilda garden with which we have contributed to the game and without which the game would be all that much more bland has been sucked from us by all the other clubs, more than any other club. I know I'm putting it in a whingey fashion, but it's true.

Justice and karma--the footy gods--they're on our side. Our players need to enforce the will of the footy gods. Know that all things being equal, we should come out on top more often than not.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

:twisted: Get thee behind me, Satan !

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Lets get H C on the board then.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
St Loxton
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 03 Feb 2019 6:58am For all of those interested in atheism I can recommend a Christopher Hitchens Book titled God is not Great, How Religion Poisons Everything.

Happy Sunday Morning.
Sounds like a good read.
That's always seemed so obvious to me, the poison and corruption of religion. We must as a species move beyond outdated fairytales.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Robert Johnson went the crossroads ...... what's good enough for Robert is good enough for our boys...fly them there now.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Wed 06 Feb 2019 7:39am
Cairnsman wrote: Sun 03 Feb 2019 6:58am For all of those interested in atheism I can recommend a Christopher Hitchens Book titled God is not Great, How Religion Poisons Everything.

Happy Sunday Morning.
Sounds like a good read.
That's always seemed so obvious to me, the poison and corruption of religion. We must as a species move beyond outdated fairytales.
Mate he puts up a compelling argument that is difficult to disagree with.

The 2016 census was the first time more Australians identified as 'no religion' than religion. What does this mean, possibly diminishing votes for politicians which may help move our society towards separation of church and state and one system for all when there are no votes in it for power.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 06 Feb 2019 4:46pm

Happy Sunday Morning.
Sounds like a good read.

The 2016 census was the first time more Australians identified as 'no religion' than religion. What does this mean, possibly diminishing votes for politicians which may help move our society towards separation of church and state and one system for all when there are no votes in it for power.
religions are funny

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Happy Sunday Morning.
Sounds like a good read.

Caveat: I have only read a couple of synopses of the book. That said, they appeared to be written by fans.

Jesus died.
Female circumcision.
'Back in the day' mankind didn't have science to explain the workings of the world.
These are hardly arguments to rule out any possibility of a God.

Fairy tales? That jibe is a bit rich, considering that 'scientific' atheists are actually proposing a theory, that by its very nature, can never (ever) be proven. And science, the supposed reason 'we don't need a God' has yet to come even marginally close to ruling out the possibility of a God. And it never will. Why? Coz we're talking about two different things. Science is about 'how'. Religion is about 'why'. So guess what? There is actually no conflict between the two. And people who believe otherwise (including some atheists and some conservative religious people) need to rethink that, IMHO.

Actually though, if you truly think about it, science, the incredible intricacy of how everything works... is an argument as to why it's most likely (please note, not proof) that there simply has to be divine oversight.

And for me personally, the second reason is, all the injustice and suffering in this world. No afterlife to put things right for the oppressed... to me, that simply makes no sense.

Back to 'fairy tales'. How's about, Googling 'famous scientists who believe in God'?
Even Einstein.
And yes, even the famous atheist Stephen Hawking said
“I believe the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws.”
And his famous works actually do advance the argument for the existence of a God. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -cosmology
Like Richard Dawkins, I reckon Stephen Hawking ended up an agnostic, c/f an atheist.

And how about, maybe writing to those famous scientist who are still alive today, and explaining the 'fairy tale' theory...?

PS: Saintsational brave new world caveat. Whilst not sharing their assessment on this particular topic, I am not feeling offended or religiously vilified by what anyone has posted in this thread. So please, Saintsational secret police/moral guardians, no uncover reporting of any posters in this thread please. Ta. :)

PPS: Our mighty Sainters aren't sinners. Just misunderstood maverick non-conformists. And that's why I love them. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Neither, just martyrs. How we have bought the line that AR can get the players up and about in 2019 is a monument to the club management's stubborn distain for the fans aspirations and our willingness to believe in miracles. Just put your membership fees on the collection plate and pray five years plus of wandering in the wilderness will end happily in 2019 because......well, it was all part of a greater plan we can never understand. Its not really an or type question, we are Saints, the people running the club for the past many years are the sinners. Redemption can only come if AR is either put into a completely passive ceremonial role or moved to another diocese - as a first step.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 09 Feb 2019 9:10am Neither, just martyrs. How we have bought the line that AR can get the players up and about in 2019 is a monument to the club management's stubborn distain for the fans aspirations and our willingness to believe in miracles. Just put your membership fees on the collection plate and pray five years plus of wandering in the wilderness will end happily in 2019 because......well, it was all part of a greater plan we can never understand. Its not really an or type question, we are Saints, the people running the club for the past many years are the sinners. Redemption can only come if AR is either put into a completely passive ceremonial role or moved to another diocese - as a first step.
that is so evident by so many here on ZZ

Myron Gaines
Club Player

We are approaching a new era in technology with rapid advances which begs the question are there other intelligent life forms in the known & unknown universe that have been around longer then 200k years thus making them far more advanced then us? Given the size & age of the universe & by the law of averages the answer is yes.

For a minute ask yourself what humans have achieved in a few hundred thousand years & measure that against what could be achieved by an intelligent species in a few billion years?

Now turn your mind to the concept of AI & virtual reality & what could be achieved with those concepts over thousands, millions or billions of years.

Are we really ‘living’ or are we being controlled & were we created by another species thus making us living in a simulated reality.

There’s our god.

Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Happy Sunday Morning.
Sounds like a good read.

Promising downward trend here.
Unfortunately such trends are not the case in so many other countries, especially the third world religo-fanatic breeding grounds.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Would be sinners if Tom Hawkins goal was disallowed or Gary Ablett didn't pull off a toe poke in 09 or the bounce of Mline sat up in 10?

Only the devil himself can answer that.

Total = 1.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think the most appropriate Moomba float for St Kilda would be called ‘The Sin Bin’ with an oversized inside out model of an HQ panel van, showing a young Plugger, Greg Burns, Cunningham and Spud sucking tinnies on their way down the Western Highway to a pre-seasontraining game.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Well, to quote the late, great John Lennon, 'this is all getting a little too intellectual' for me.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.