Tom Mitchell out for season 2019

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Mitchell out for season 2019

thats a less than ideal usuage of a nazism

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 12:35pm He will never be the same footy player again.
Silly quote Ted, unless you are his surgeon you have no idea.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Think N. Brown, think G. Rohan, plus countless others that have had similar injuries. He will really struggle to be the footballer he was before. That is fact unfortunately.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
To the top
SS Life Member

The ankle is most complex so it will come down to the collateral damage

Knowledge?

A scar on my left ankle and a plate and screws remaining in the ankle - although only the outside bone snapped like a Nike logo and within the thickness of the proverbial of needing to be fused

Thought I had stood in a pot hole, but no pot hole and then noticed the bone sticking out so collapsed onto the ground and held it back in until the medics placed a bag on it and blew the bag up

Immediately into surgery - 16 weeks in plaster not allowed any downward pressure

Then to learn to walk again - which was more mental because the ankle was held together with metal and scar tissue

Then Physiotherapy

The outcome has been able to run straight lines but not twist or turn - and if you jump from something it is most uncomfortable because there is no “give”

And no reaction when boarding a flight

One other thing was that there was no pain at all

Although they say I turned white!

From this experience I would wish him all the very best but there has to be doubt re his future depending on the break and the collateral damage

The surgeons told me there was no reason but it was exceptional that only the outside bone broke as it did because normally the pressure sees both bones break

So strong bones but ......

s*** happens

So, unlike what is contributed here, this is not the uneducated telling their fellow uneducated what they do not know

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i did a tib

that was humungous pain
certainly rattled my cage

snapped like a twig over a sandstone block

cant imagine doin both

matty maguire also did both iirc

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 10:05pm Think N. Brown, think G. Rohan, plus countless others that have had similar injuries. He will really struggle to be the footballer he was before. That is fact unfortunately.
Reiterate, very silly quote Ted.

Unless you have the details of the injury and have sound medical knowledge you have no idea.

Rohan and Brown had horrific multiple compound fractures. I have not seen x-rays of Mitchell’s leg so I don’t know the extent of the damage.

Dozens of players have had broken legs and returned without issue, the two you refer were very bad complicated injuries.

He may never be the same, may be just as good or end up better, I don’t know and you don’t either.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Mon 14 Jan 2019 10:36pm The ankle is most complex so it will come down to the collateral damage

Knowledge?

A scar on my left ankle and a plate and screws remaining in the ankle - although only the outside bone snapped like a Nike logo and within the thickness of the proverbial of needing to be fused

Thought I had stood in a pot hole, but no pot hole and then noticed the bone sticking out so collapsed onto the ground and held it back in until the medics placed a bag on it and blew the bag up

Immediately into surgery - 16 weeks in plaster not allowed any downward pressure

Then to learn to walk again - which was more mental because the ankle was held together with metal and scar tissue

Then Physiotherapy

The outcome has been able to run straight lines but not twist or turn - and if you jump from something it is most uncomfortable because there is no “give”

And no reaction when boarding a flight

One other thing was that there was no pain at all

Although they say I turned white!

From this experience I would wish him all the very best but there has to be doubt re his future depending on the break and the collateral damage

The surgeons told me there was no reason but it was exceptional that only the outside bone broke as it did because normally the pressure sees both bones break

So strong bones but ......

s*** happens

So, unlike what is contributed here, this is not the uneducated telling their fellow uneducated what they do not know
Snapped clean break tib & fib playing footy.
No pain either, more discomfort than anything.
Doesn’t make me qualified to comment on Mitchells injury.

I believe no case is the same and Mitchell has the advantage of the best modern medical procedures.

Mine was 35 years ago, perhaps yours was also a long time ago also.

Unless anyone here has access to Mitchell’s file and is a trained medical professional they are merely blindly speculating on possible outcomes.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Repeat. Will not be the same player. Good luck to him but he won't be back to his best. History and statistics prove this fact.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 11:21am Repeat. Will not be the same player. Good luck to him but he won't be back to his best. History and statistics prove this fact.
Repeat, unless you are a trained medical professional and have access to Mitchells file your opinion on this matter is as accurate as the inside information you post on this site - all fabricated by you.

What history and statistics do you refer? Please post them Ted.
Just because you write the words history & statsistics doesn't magically make the exist.

I googled these and got nothing that proves a player is diminished after a broken leg:
- statistics on players performance on returning from broken leg in AFL football
- players performance after broken leg in AFL
- studies on pre and post broken leg AFL football
- broken leg studies in AFL football

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... NmqMITd7qk

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Repeat. Will not be the same player.
Take a look through all the AFL players and other sporting codes when a bloke has had a shocking leg break or breaks. Mitchell's injury was horrendous from all accounts.
Read Gary Rohan's story for example. Lucky to still even be playing at the top level.
N. Brown is another example. He was shot after his injury.

Your personal expierence is clouding your judgement on this injury. Too emotionally attached from your injury back in 1978 or whenever it was.

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 1:42pm Repeat. Will not be the same player.
Take a look through all the AFL players and other sporting codes when a bloke has had a shocking leg break or breaks. Mitchell's injury was horrendous from all accounts.
Read Gary Rohan's story for example. Lucky to still even be playing at the top level.
N. Brown is another example. He was shot after his injury.

Your personal expierence is clouding your judgement on this injury. Too emotionally attached from your injury back in 1978 or whenever it was.
Repeat, your opinion only not fact.

Where are your statistics you referred to?
Show me the stats.

If you are not a medical professional and do not have access to the file you have no idea.

Please give me a link to following:
- the statistics you referred to
- the history you refer to
- the studies done on this topic
- the facts you refer to

You refer to Brown & Rohan who had horrific compound fractures. Where is your proof that shows Mitchells injury is of a similar damage to those two players?

You are entitled to your opinion parkeyted, but you don’t need to write is as fact or refer to statistics that do not exist to validate your story.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I don't have the time to trawl through medical papers and studies, stats, stories, etc. to prove common knowledge. Its common sporting medical knowledge (if you know it) that bad leg breaks really hamper the future career of any sporting athlete. Same as a really bad ankle. The proof is in the pudding if you want to look for it.

Good luck to Tom but I don't like his chances of winning the Brownlow in 2020 like you think he will.

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 7:20pm I don't have the time to trawl through medical papers and studies, stats, stories, etc. to prove common knowledge. Its common sporting medical knowledge (if you know it) that bad leg breaks really hamper the future career of any sporting athlete. Same as a really bad ankle. The proof is in the pudding if you want to look for it.

Good luck to Tom but I don't like his chances of winning the Brownlow in 2020 like you think he will.

Lol Dr parkeyTed an orthopedic surgeon, rehab Physio & EP all in one.

Now Teddysainter, where did I write Mitchell will win the Brownlow in 2020? I didn’t, just More parkeyTed bulls***.

I merely wrote and reiterate without medical training or knowledge of his injury we have no clue and are just speculating.

Still waiting for the statistics and history you referred to in in early posts as the proof Ted. Where are you stats Ted. Show us your stats!

Just more parkeyTed bulls*** I guess.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Getting a touch agressive there Mr Joffa.

Try doing some research, read a few more books and analyse players stats on the topic. Its not that hard.

You have a full year in 2019 to do some research before you can place a bet on Mitchell for the brownlow in 2020.

Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 7:42pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 7:20pm I don't have the time to trawl through medical papers and studies, stats, stories, etc. to prove common knowledge. Its common sporting medical knowledge (if you know it) that bad leg breaks really hamper the future career of any sporting athlete. Same as a really bad ankle. The proof is in the pudding if you want to look for it.

Lol Dr parkeyTed an orthopedic surgeon, rehab Physio & EP all in one.

Now Teddysainter, where did I write Mitchell will win the Brownlow in 2020? I didn’t, just More parkeyTed bulls***.

I merely wrote and reiterate without medical training or knowledge of his injury we have no clue and are just speculating.

Still waiting for the statistics and history you referred to in in early posts as the proof Ted. Where are you stats Ted. Show us your stats!

Just more parkeyTed bulls*** I guess.
Rely on me for the hidden insights mate :D

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 8:41pm Getting a touch agressive there Mr Joffa.

Try doing some research, read a few more books and analyse players stats on the topic. Its not that hard.

You have a full year in 2019 to do some research before you can place a bet on Mitchell for the brownlow in 2020.
Where are you statistics and history parkeyTed?
You quoted statistics!

Good old bulls*** artist Teddysainter :lol:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

teds a tad
shallow end of the information pool
it seems

thank god for Skeptic

the true first amongst itk’s

dragit
Saintsational Legend

All hail king paimon skeptic

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Tom Mitchell $3.50 favourite for the '20 Brownlow. I heard Joffa B is starting a SS.net syndicate if anyone that is interested. $25 a share. 💵💵💵💵

Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

https://goo.gl/images/Z5CMt2
dragit wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 11:19pm All hail king paimon skeptic

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So in the brief time between two consecutive posts evidently the universe changed...
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 7:20pm I don't have the time to trawl through medical papers and studies, stats, stories, etc. to prove common knowledge

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 8:41pm

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Doesn't make any sense. I already know the subject re: broken legs in sport. Old Joffa B needs to do some reading on the topic (if he knows how to read that is). ☺

Total = 1.
The_Merchant
Club Player

Michael Voss played pretty well after a broken leg.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

With Scully recovering from a chronic injury, Mitchell out for the season, Burchall currently injured, and Rioli retired, we now get to see how deep the Hawks' list really is. If Scully doesn't recover, they'll have to radically re-structure their game plan would be my guess, but they will still be a dangerous side in 2019.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.