Seating at [the] Marvel[lous] Stadium [we call home]

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Seating at [the] Marvel[lous] Stadium [we call home]

Happy New Year to one and all!

We have decided to upgrade our Premium GA Memberships to Reserved Seating this year [Heaven help us]. We have, in the past more economically generous times, had our memberships, but also purchased Medallion Club tickets to sit front row 50 mtr arc, and have always held Social Club/Premium access

I was wondering of I could get some input into packages available. I am leaning towards the Level 2, but want to retain the right to Grand Final tickets for this year! Membership department is opened on Monday, I want to do this whilst we are still keen on More Footy this year, and I appreciate that Membership will try and upgrade me to the most expensive, but not always the best option.

What do people suggest, where do you guys sit etc

Any input would be appreciated.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Seating at [the] Marvel[lous] Stadium [we call home]

Depends what type of view you like. I used to sit up on level 3 reserved. Obviously further away from the action but you got to see the entire field (virtually) which was great. It roughly costs $400 for the season (home and away) Last year I changed to level 2 and the price was $800. Seats are better and slightly padded but it felt like less leg room, you get a cup holder, you are closer to the action you get to hear the players and it is less stairs to get too. But would I say the experience was twice as good? that is a tough call, its definitely better but probably not twice as good. The only other perks you get is access to certain bars but I never went to them so it depends if you will or not

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Thanks DJ!
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 04 Jan 2019 12:37pm Depends what type of view you like.
We liked the Medallion Club view - but that is like saying we enjoy Rib Eye Steak!
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 04 Jan 2019 12:37pm Seats are better and slightly padded but it felt like less leg room, you get a cup holder, you are closer to the action you get to hear the players and it is less stairs to get too.
Might be important as I have less padding myself now!!
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 04 Jan 2019 12:37pm The only other perks you get is access to certain bars but I never went to them so it depends if you will or not
Basically a Non-drinker - esp at the footy - need to drive home - and cannot afford the high price for low quality drinks!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
shrodes
SS Life Member

I sit level 3 reserved, and I think it's great. There's a good presence of chants and stuff there also, and everyone is friendly (apart from one time where an irate Carlton supporter dumped his beer down the four rows in front and stormed off towards the end of a game)

I really like the view of the whole ground, and I can't afford to bump up to the more expensive seats so it works out ;)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

level 1 Wing is close to the action- especially if you lucked a front row many years ago-- and will never give up-
there are certainly seats available in the area we are- ocean side- Social club- which is then near the Social club seating area-
If keeping your other benefits but wanting more reasonable $ Goal zone may be an option- toward wings.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

we upgraded last year from level 3 reserve seating to the new level 2 premium seats which are located in the forward pocket/half forward area. The area is reserved for saints members but you don't have an allocated seat, its just first in best dressed. The seats offer good viewing and there is a good dining/bar area right behind the seats which is reserved for the saints members.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to everyone who had input

Rang the membership dept - they could offer me Row B - Level 1 in Bay 38 (Centre Wing) or Row N - Level 2 in Bay 31(?).

Took Level 1 - Premium!

Feel free to say hi if you see me - picture right!

― Aristophanes