Draft Night Video - Intense!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Draft Night Video - Intense!

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 10 Dec 2018 8:50am Gallagher seemed to be the main man though.
Watching the video, Liberatore was clearly the main man assessing value and who to choose and was being deferred to by the others.

Gags role was doing the communications, and not calling the shots.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be surprised at all that down line we will look back and consider this draft as being a huge success

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 2:12am I wouldn't be surprised at all that down line we will look back and consider this draft as being a huge success
Wouldn't be surprising if it's a massive bust either. We picked two kids with very serious injury concerns and 4 state league players who weren't even in the top tier of high performers (except perhaps for our rookie) at that level.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 2:12am I wouldn't be surprised at all that down line we will look back and consider this draft as being a huge success
Personally I am a lot more confident that we will look upon 2017's draft as a huge success. Let's hope we are both right because only one would nullify the other & missing both would be catastrophic in terms of our rebuild.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

What is really sad about this behind the scenes video is those 7 minutes were the highlights - nothing remotely intense, half a dozen blokes discussing the menu before ultimately going for the "Parma", as they always do.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 12 Dec 2018 9:42pm SaintPav...you are sick.

And no, I haven't been in a room on draft night, but the difference is is that I'm not bagging out these guys in the vid and pretending I know how its meant to be. I suppose I just have a bit more faith in those guys in the room compared to some negative no nothing nob on here.
So if you haven’t been in the room, your positive thoughts are no more valid then people’s negative observations. You’re equally ignorant... possibly more so because you’re more self righteous

Hard to see why you can’t grasp that. Your insights are by your own definition as worthless as those that you criticise

St Loxton
Club Player

Cmon guys, stick your pathetic pissy personal arguments somewhere else.
This forum is hard to read and enjoy with this continual crap.
Try private messaging.
Don't mind a little tiff here and there, makes the world go around.
Nearly every friggin thread.

Libba seems to be the negotiator in that video.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Obviously banning one particular poster would do the forum a world of good...unfortunately the site is practically unmoderated, so this is what you get.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

More like posters like Skeptic and friends can't handle the truth that they have NFI on most footy stuff. Its that bleeding obvious that my blind grandma could still read it for what it is.

Anyway, great vid on the workings of the inner sanctum on draft night. Bravo to Saints hierarchy in agreeing to release it. Well done team.

I got more out of that 7 mins than spending 7 hours on here reading some absolute garbage.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:14am Cmon guys, stick your pathetic pissy personal arguments somewhere else.
This forum is hard to read and enjoy with this continual crap.
Try private messaging.
Don't mind a little tiff here and there, makes the world go around.
Nearly every friggin thread.

Look I’ll apologise for going off track but this whole “my uneducated opinion is worth more than yours despite the fact I have no additional insight” schtict is getting old.

I for one am tired of every time someone raises an opinion hearing Ted say we’re you in the room, SCSO have you ever been a player etc

The example here is some ppl remarked that the guys seemed disorganised based on the video... and Teds’s thing is what would u know you weren’t there and aren’t in the industry.
That would be fine if Ted had an actual insight to share but he doesn’t... like everyone else he’s on the outside looking in

Except... people want to talk football on this forum... Ted is trying to shut it down

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:14am
Yes agree and that is how I saw it too. That plus was he was the person deciding if any deal had value or not. As he is meant to be the head recruiter this is as it should be.

Though pre-draft one media report has him favouring Rozee over King, and Lethlean King.

guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:27am More like posters like Skeptic and friends can't handle the truth that they have NFI on most footy stuff. Its that bleeding obvious that my blind grandma could still read it for what it is.

Anyway, great vid on the workings of the inner sanctum on draft night. Bravo to Saints hierarchy in agreeing to release it. Well done team.

I got more out of that 7 mins than spending 7 hours on here reading some absolute garbage.
Take a chill pill Ted I love your passion but it was a pretty ordinary video IMO . Everyone is entitled to their opinion as you are, because this is a forum & that's what it designed for so when other posters don't agree with you point of view please don't get on your high horse & dictate who is right or wrong ,it's an opinion not a fact & they probably love the club as much as you do but don't accept blind patriotism just for the sake of it. I like the fact you are a passionate supporter & so am I but you are only poking the bear with some of the stuff you post, again IMO only

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I know nothing about recruiting and players they wanted, but gee they looked amateurish and under prepared.

Maybe it’s the industry and not just saints but I would have expected a database with every perceived scenario listed with a plan of action to be implemented on specific outcomes. Maybe they did, but it did not come across that way on the video as it was just a snapshot.

What I saw was a bunch of guys who had a list of talent but very little planned strategy for trading picks working off the cuff tossing around ideas.

Was also a little embarrassed for Ricoh when he reacted to Kings comment of coach under pressure.

Again it may be how it is done in the AFL realm, it just looked disorganized and amateurish.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

guitars4 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 9:50pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:27am More like posters like Skeptic and friends can't handle the truth that they have NFI on most footy stuff. Its that bleeding obvious that my blind grandma could still read it for what it is.

Take a chill pill Ted I love your passion but it was a pretty ordinary video IMO . Everyone is entitled to their opinion as you are, because this is a forum & that's what it designed for so when other posters don't agree with you point of view please don't get on your high horse & dictate who is right or wrong ,it's an opinion not a fact & they probably love the club as much as you do but don't accept blind patriotism just for the sake of it. I like the fact you are a passionate supporter & so am I but you are only poking the bear with some of the stuff you post, again IMO only
Each to their own. I thought it was a great vid. Tipping most clubs would do things in a pretty similar way. 7 minutes of edited video will never show the thousands of hours these guys put in also. Live trading is new and never been done before so its a learning expierence for all 18 clubs. Its bloody confusing, even for an intellectual giant like myself.

Passion?
Difference is...I'm.not bagging these blokes out based on a 7 minute edited video and pretending to know how they're meant to act or what to say or how they should plan things. If those Saints blokes in the room s*** out gold nuggets on that table then some still wouldn't be satisfied. Thats the way world rotates for some though I guess.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 9:59pm I know nothing about recruiting and players they wanted, but gee they looked amateurish and under prepared.

Maybe it’s the industry and not just saints but I would have expected a database with every perceived scenario listed with a plan of action to be implemented on specific outcomes. Maybe they did, but it did not come across that way on the video as it was just a snapshot.

What I saw was a bunch of guys who had a list of talent but very little planned strategy for trading picks working off the cuff tossing around ideas.

Was also a little embarrassed for Ricoh when he reacted to Kings comment of coach under pressure.

Again it may be how it is done in the AFL realm, it just looked disorganized and amateurish.
I’m going to partly agree and partly disagree.
It looked to me they may have had a plan for say the top 10 talent as they saw it eg if Caldwell is available at 11 etc etc . After that it looked like it was very much a wait and see as the other names on the list got crossed off - or more to the point , didn’t get crossed off and started to represent value. I think it would be almost impossible to plan every permutation and combination and have a planned response, but I agree It didn’t look like they had done enough “war gaming” before draft day to simulate some of the scenarios that might arise on the day and have some pre-prepared strategies. Libba the only guy who seemed to understand what pick trade combinations represented fair value and which didn’t.

Richo, Finnis and Trout didn’t look like contributing anything meaningful- and perhaps would have been better value watching back at the club and hosting a coterie group event and doing some much needed fund raising.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 11:13pm . Libba the only guy who seemed to understand what pick trade combinations represented fair value and which didn’t.
You could see that Chris Toce knew what was what as well. It was just that he kept quiet. I suspect he was mindful of both the camera there as well as the senior St Kilda Management.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 13 Dec 2018 10:34pm
Each to their own. I thought it was a great vid. Tipping most clubs would do things in a pretty similar way. 7 minutes of edited video will never show the thousands of hours these guys put in also. Live trading is new and never been done before so its a learning expierence for all 18 clubs. Its bloody confusing, even for an intellectual giant like myself.
Well I am sure an intellectual giant like you would realise that most of the guys in the room were quite irrelevant to the day and would have made no difference if they were not there. They were there because they could be and not because they needed to be.

Two to make the judgement calls and one to run the communications (field the offers). The others were pretty much spectators.

Despite what the video showed it was pretty clear from the video that some trading boundaries had been set prior. No doubt Lethlean would have been part of that process IMO, but was not key on the day. There was some hoping that other clubs would let us trade next years picks for early picks, but as they said the Blues deal was more attractive than ours and other clubs like GWS wanted this years early picks too.

Despite what was said about Max on the day unless an amazing offer had come to us, or that the top 3 had drifted, they clearly were going to take Max with 4. So pick 4 was really a non-event on the day.

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

harriet wrote: Wed 12 Dec 2018 5:13pm
fugazi wrote: Tue 11 Dec 2018 7:06am I watched the video,
Very amateurish and showed a poor culture.
These guys have had months to figure out their strategy.
They looked confused and uncertain, at one point a really basic point being explained about pick 11.
Check the body language early on...everyone with arms crossed, very defensive, not sure who should speak or voice an opinion.
Cho just didn't really know..."just try your hardest get him boys" ...sounds like a coach under pressure (not too worried about preserving next years first rounder for obvious reasons)
The Carlton video was much better, showing a relatively calm focused well led group. If a bit sychophantic.
And who was the massive fat bloke with a beard who did nothing?

Amateur hour at best. :D

What a rabble. :D

Fat boy with the beard is some Collingwood reject we picked up for peanuts, he was spotted during year sun baking with his mate while supposed to be watching U/16's on Gold Coast, needless to say he wasnt doing his job. :D

Gallagher seems to be the only one with a phone, maybe they could pass the hat around so everyone can afford one. :D
harriet! ffs, good to see you posting again mate! :D and mate, that's arguably some of your flowering finest work going on flowering right above.

mate, great to have you back fronting the band too! and ffs mate! some more of your finest work being done below as well. :D imh and flowering opinion all the band needs now is urban teddy working his magic on the cowbells. ffs!!! he'd flowering bring some serious flowering intensity the draft room.............. and the band room, ffs!!!

welcome to the cho! ffs, yeah!!! :D :D :D

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=1770393#p1770393 .

<warning for use of a banned term>

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Still a really good vid IMO. Very positive.

Total = 1.
Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 10:20am
Gordo' wrote: Fri 14 Dec 2018 1:49amwelcome to the cho! ffs, yeah!!! :D :D :D

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=1770393#p1770393 .

<warning for use of a banned term>
Still a really good vid IMO. Very positive.
a warning? ffs!!! loving your soh here, simon. :lol: :lol: :lol: i bet that you've even sent a flowering warning to flowering youtube too? good one mate! you sure flowering well know how to have a laugh. :lol: and doesn't young harrietm sing her flowering socks off? she's in flowering red hot form, wouldn't you agree? ffs! harriet is a cabaret star! she'd flowering have nothing to do with any flowering out-there sex acts. and ffs!!! even the flowering cow-bells prodigy himself, the amazing urban teddy parker, he loved harriet's performance. ffs. :D

Gordo'
Club Player

and since everyone flowering loves the cho show, here's another the cho show to share the flowering love. sure, crystal and constance aren't in harriet's flowering league, but they do their flowering best, ffs!

the flowering cho show, brought to you from the flowering wonderful ucs fu benioff children’s hospital oakland. and simon, mate, send the ucs fu a warning too. :wink: that's be flowering hilarious, and flowering ballsy. :lol:
...................another edition of the cho show.........................take it away crystal and constance. :D

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Wtf? 🙄🙄🙄

Total = 1.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Just disgraceful...Chrystal and Constance know what they're saying, they're just too gutless to admit it!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

intense?
camping with my girlfriend back when i was a teen - now that was f..king in tents!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
guitars4
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Thu 20 Dec 2018 8:40pm intense?
camping with my girlfriend back when i was a teen - now that was f..king in tents!
Your'e a very naughty boy :wink: :wink: