Blake the Barbarian

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Blake the Barbarian

GAWD!!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

He's developing well, despite the toxic environment. :wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Now these guys in my opinion have top end physiques for elite athletes while Blake Acres has an average physique for an elite athlete.

Lean muscle mass and brute core strength, the fact that Blake has endured ongoing groin issues means that core work will be a massive focus for him in preparation.

Paulo Costa

Sage Northcutt

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 11:57am Now these guys in my opinion have top end physiques for elite athletes while Blake Acres has an average physique for an elite athlete.

Lean muscle mass and brute core strength, the fact that Blake has endured ongoing groin issues means that core work will be a massive focus for him in preparation.

Paulo Costa

Sage Northcutt

Acres would run right through them ... physiques mean nothing. They'd just bounce off him.
It'd be different in the ring, of course.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 12:02pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 11:57am Now these guys in my opinion have top end physiques for elite athletes while Blake Acres has an average physique for an elite athlete.

Paulo Costa

Sage Northcutt

Acres would run right through them ... physiques mean nothing. They'd just bounce off him.
They wouldn't bounce off him.

Their core strength and balance is outrageous.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Too many half naked men pics for my liking.

Pretty sure the fitness staff at Moorabbin are getting Acres body right for how it should be for Rd 1. They know what they're doing I'm tipping.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 8:52pm
samoht wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 12:02pm

Paulo Costa

Sage Northcutt

They wouldn't bounce off him.

Their core strength and balance is outrageous.
At full running speed? Blake develops a lot of momentum.
I'm guessing that Blake has 92 kgs x 8m/sec of momentum working for him, when he gets going. He weighs 92kgs - and let's say he's running at 8m/sec - that's 736 kilogram meters per second of momentum!
Northcutt only weighs 77kg and Costa about 84kg.
It's just maths, and physics.
At full running speed, my money would be on Blake Acres.
If they were to grapple, in a ring - where Blake would be standing still and where he'd have zero momentum working for him - that would be a different story. Then I'd agree with you.
Last edited by samoht on Sat 08 Dec 2018 10:50am, edited 2 times in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 10:57pm Too many half naked men pics for my liking.

Pretty sure the fitness staff at Moorabbin are getting Acres body right for how it should be for Rd 1. They know what they're doing I'm tipping.
Nothing wrong with appreciation of magnificent male or female form, but understand that it might unsettle you if you were a little confused :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Blake should be compared to light heavy weights not midgets. Also common knowledge that mma fighters are juiced to the hilt. Avoiding positive testing in the US is an art form & as common as players sipping on gaterade.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 9:30am
At full running speed? Blake develops a lot of momentum.
I'm guessing that Blake has 92 kgs x 8m/sec of momentum working for him, when he gets going. He weighs 92kgs - and let's say he's running at 8m/sec - that's 736 kilogram meters per second of momentum!
Northcutt only weighs 77kg and Costa about 84kg.
It's just maths, and physics.
At full running speed, my money would be on Blake Acres.
If they were to grapple, in a ring - where Blake would be standing still and where he'd have zero momentum working for him - that would be a different story. Then I'd agree with you.
So you mean them just standing there minding their own business, and Acres runs at full speed with a hip and shoulder?

Yeah, of course they'd 'bounce off him'.

They'd bounce off me too.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

This is why I love saintsational 👍

A simple comparison of what I deem to be elite physique for an elite athlete compared to an average physique for an elite athlete is now...

- Scientific calculation of who would win in a crash into each other contest
- steroid accusation
- and Rodgerfox threatening to hip and should and knock over some mma fighters :wink:

You have to love it ❤️

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 08 Dec 2018 10:48am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 10:57pm Too many half naked men pics for my liking.

Nothing wrong with appreciation of magnificent male or female form, but understand that it might unsettle you if you were a little confused :wink:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

BS, I just prefer to look at half naked females, not males. Each to their own I guess. 🙄 Some like it different ways!

I'm no fan of these self centred and self indulgent Instagram models either. Very odd folks.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

What happened to some of the posts on this thread .... for instance, my following post-reply to rodgerfox's below post? How did it disappear?
rodgerfox wrote ...
So you mean them just standing there minding their own business, and Acres runs at full speed with a hip and shoulder?
Yeah, of course they'd 'bounce off him'.
They'd bounce off me too.
No ... let’s make it an “even playing field”- where everyone is running at top speed.. .:?
The point is, even if either of the two were running at top speed in the opposite direction to Blake and collided with him, barrel chest to barrel chest (assuming they could run at Blake’s top speed) they wouldn’t have the momentum to cancel his out completely. He’d still have some forward momentum left, post-collision, and they’d be pushed backwards. Blake might also be lying on the ground, but he’d end up forward of the point of collision, face-down, maybe - whereas they’d be lying on their backs gazing at the stars, having bounced back from the point of collision.
The point being - it’s the body that develops the greater momentum, and not the body that has the greater core strength, that “wins”, here.
Obviously, I’ve used the extreme example, to illustrate the point - but at least they are not “standing around minding their own business” and admiring their abs.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

They were put in the animal cage because Joffa posted a few pics of friendly sized women I assume.

Total = 1.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Blake needs this to be his breakout season. He’s shown he has a lot of talent, but can’t live on promise forever. Granted, last season was badly hit by injury. Here’s hoping he really hits his straps and becomes the star many sense he can be

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 10 Dec 2018 9:24am They were put in the animal cage because Joffa posted a few pics of friendly sized women I assume.
And how good were they Teddy? 8-)
Cor blimey Ted, have you wandered over to the AE to take another peak?
Bet you have :wink:

Give my love to Bessie Ted.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Why do I get the feeling you enjoyed a Fatogram or two.

Total = 1.
8bloggs
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Mon 10 Dec 2018 9:51am Blake needs this to be his breakout season. He’s shown he has a lot of talent, but can’t live on promise forever. Granted, last season was badly hit by injury. Here’s hoping he really hits his straps and becomes the star many sense he can be
Totally agree, will be watching him closely this season. He comes across as a bit of a spare parts player and needs to establish a role that he can own.

8bloggs
Club Player

bigcarl wrote: Mon 10 Dec 2018 9:51am Blake needs this to be his breakout season. He’s shown he has a lot of talent, but can’t live on promise forever. Granted, last season was badly hit by injury. Here’s hoping he really hits his straps and becomes the star many sense he can be
Totally agree, will be watching him closely this season. He comes across as a bit of a spare parts player and needs to establish a role that he can own.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 07 Dec 2018 11:57am
Paulo Costa

I thought I was looking in a mirror. Uncanny.

That's me sitting down bottom right.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Back on topic, can someone confirm that Acres is training with the midfield group.

And I hope he isn't doing ruck training.

Sombersainter
Club Player

I see Blake pretty often in Brighton, so I guess he lives hereabouts. I also see Josh Bruce and Gilbo around. Blake doesn't seem to massive in the flesh, and has more of a basketballler look about him. I hope he lives up to his potential this year as he is prone to disappear, both due to injury and within matches.