New draftees arriving this week - Tony74

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: New draftees arriving this week - Tony74

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 03 Dec 2018 2:59pm
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 03 Dec 2018 11:42am
For someone who has never watched him play, he doesn’t sound very inspiring.

I get that he’s a rugby legend but I’m not sure how far that gets him.

I think that there are various ways to inspire. No all are suited to being a main coach, or delivering orations.

Some are very suited to just working in small teams because they really know their stuff and Slater may well be that.

One of my BILs played forty odd games as a Socceroo. He is great in small group, skills, assisting etc. But not as a head coach as it is just not his thing.

Billy knows what it take to excel and if he can communicate this in small or groups, or one or one, then he will be a great acquisition. Though it could go the other way too and just being window dressing ;)
Don't think that the Storm would employ him in a similar role if he was just window dressing.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 03 Dec 2018 2:59pm
saynta wrote: Mon 03 Dec 2018 3:08pm
Billy knows what it take to excel and if he can communicate this in small or groups, or one or one, then he will be a great acquisition. Though it could go the other way too and just being window dressing ;)
Don't think that the Storm would employ him in a similar role if he was just window dressing.

It is not Billy, but rather how the Saints use him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Real Numpty
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 01 Dec 2018 3:09pm The Real Numpty is legitimately not funny.

Not sure why he persists.
Rupert, my great friend! Wonderful to hear from you! I see you're still jealous of me because I've had more wives than you. :mrgreen:

Mr Theodore Roosevelt Logan, my great and trusted friend, and fellow swamp drainer. Do you know him, Rupert? Mr Logan. He hears whispers! Whispers? More and better whispers than the CIA! :shock: That's amazing. Isn't it?

Well, Mr Logan, he heard a most very reliable whisper. Right there on your own Rodger Fox News Network. Can you believe that??? And this great and reliable whisper. It was...............trust tony1975! Believe me. So unlike climate change, or anything Stormy Daniels says, I will trust this tony1975. #makingtony1975grateagaineveninju-nuh

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The whole Trump shtick just isn't funny.

It's like Gerry Connolly impersonating the queen. It was funny once upon a time, but is way, way past it's used by date.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Some people have no sense of humour.

....It doesn't always have to be funny.

Sometimes it just breaks up the monotony of putting up with anonymous people squabbling and the tit-for-tat argumentative posts so I say let the rest of us just appreciate the creativity and let The Real Numpty do his thing

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Dec 2018 1:30am Some people have no sense of humour.

....It doesn't always have to be funny.

Sometimes it just breaks up the monotony of putting up with anonymous people squabbling and the tit-for-tat argumentative posts so I say let the rest of us just appreciate the creativity and let The Real Numpty do his thing
Sure, but Trump impersonating?

It's been done to death. There's not a single thing left to observe or poke s*** at when it comes to Trump.

It's not creative at all.

Even kids at primary school have canned the 'I'll make class 5B great again!' line from their class captain speeches, cause they know it's not funny or witty any more.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Some people just don't think art is art or fun is fun.
You are allowed to voice your opinion.

Just don't shove it down our throats and tell us what is or isn't creative. Put the poster on ignore if you don't want to read anyone poking s*** at Trump

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Dec 2018 2:24am Some people just don't think art is art or fun is fun.

Just don't shove it down our throats and tell us what is or isn't creative. Put the poster on ignore if you don't want to read anyone poking s*** at Trump
The issue isn't poking s*** at Trump, the issue is that it's just not funny.

It's like when Uncle Joey was still doing Popeye impersonations on Fuller House! Mate, that s*** was funny two decades ago!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Dec 2018 2:24am Some people just don't think art is art or fun is fun.

It's like when Uncle Joey was still doing Popeye impersonations on Fuller House! Mate, that s*** was funny two decades ago!
When Kath and Kim are on TV I’ve decided there’s no point in shouting at the TV “You’re not funny”

Just put Numpty on ignore.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 04 Dec 2018 7:06am
rodgerfox wrote:

When Kath and Kim are on TV I’ve decided there’s no point in shouting at the TV “You’re not funny”

Just put Numpty on ignore.
You don't have to shout it. But you can think it.

And if you're on a platform that is solely designed for people to anonymously express their views on things (ie. an internet forum) - you could, and probably should share it.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Some people just don't think art is art or fun is fun.
very true

i cant believe how much fun i've had with 3 simple things
a spike a head and a wish

3 simple things

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 04 Dec 2018 3:17am

So just ignore it and let those that find it entertaining enjoy.