The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – it’s PRO & CHO time boys! So chow down!

and for the record the term jok is offensive
wonder how many people from the "your type of posters" reported it

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – it’s PRO & CHO time boys! So chow down!

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 4:04pm
saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 3:14pm
HitTheBoundary wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 2:00pm I'd never really heard of the Urban Dictionary until it was made famous recently on here.

I just looked at it for the first time.

Seriously?
What sort of moron would;

A) Go to that as a reference point
B) Take any of that crap seriously.

Any now it's being used to establish guidelines here on SS.......

No wonder so many folk migrate over to BF.

(that's BigFooty, not BF as defined over in urban sicko land....)

Really? :roll: You only have to google the word.

The posters using it knew exactly what they were doing.

You should be thankful that BFUSA moderates this forum.

One moron on here actually denied that the word had any sexual connotations, which it obviously did.

Obviously, someone, not me, brought the fact that our coach was being denigrated to the attention of the mods, and for that I am grateful to whoever it was.
I Googled it, as everyone I know uses the nickname 'Cho' as an abbreviation of 'RiCHO'. So I wondered what the hell the fuss was about.

Sadly, I'm still none the wiser.

Google came back with a Telco, some guy called Kimball Cho, the chemical abbreviation for Carbohydrate, a fashion label and an airport in Charlotte.
Did the same search and was no wiser.

Someone then wrote google “the cho” which brought the urban dictionary reference the sicko Saynta then posted on this site.

It seemed the only ones who didn’t think it was the coaches name abbreviated was Teddysainter & Saynta - weird units 😵

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:12pm So we can't use the nickname 'Roo' anymore either then?
Well TED can’t 😉

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 3:49pm
saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 3:14pm
HitTheBoundary wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 2:00pm I'd never really heard of the Urban Dictionary until it was made famous recently on here.

I just looked at it for the first time.

Seriously?
What sort of moron would;

A) Go to that as a reference point
B) Take any of that crap seriously.

Any now it's being used to establish guidelines here on SS.......

No wonder so many folk migrate over to BF.

(that's BigFooty, not BF as defined over in urban sicko land....)

Really? :roll: You only have to google the word.

The posters using it knew exactly what they were doing.

You should be thankful that BFUSA moderates this forum.

One moron on here actually denied that the word had any sexual connotations, which it obviously did.

Obviously, someone, not me, brought the fact that our coach was being denigrated to the attention of the mods, and for that I am grateful to whoever it was.
You actually posted the smut on here, in total violation of both the forum rules, and common sense.
No wonder you feel the need to defend it.

FFS :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Spot on HTB, Saynta posts that smut on here and doesn’t get banned then has the audacity to report this post.

Personally I had never considered Cho to be anything other than an abbreviation until Ted started carrying on and accusing multiple posters of using the term and Saynta posted the filth.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of santa - the 'real' one. if we ise urban dictionary i don't want him mentioned around my kids

"TOP DEFINITION
Santa
The fattest, oldest pimp this side of the north pole.
Santa has three hoes. Damn that's jolly.
by Skin-Nerd July 17, 2005"

And that's urban dictionary for you. seriously a joke some are using it as a justification for banning a common nickname.

btw i have never found it in my search on google unless i specifically type urban dictionary before typing 'the cho'
as i said in another thread - ted what's in your search history? your google needs it's mouth washed. naughty man.

i get thecho.co.uk.
followed by
What is the Cho? - abbrev for carbohydrrate
What is a CHO in business? - chief happinness officer
Does Cho mean carbohydrate? - yes
What does Cho mean in Japanese? - butterfly
What is CHO diet? - carb based
What does Cho mean in text? - chief happinness officer
Does Japan have street names? - mostly not

then i get
thechogroup.
thecho show.
then a reference to the sixth highest mountain in the world - cho oyu.
and a comedians twitter reference who defines the cho as the chief hittin officer?
so at least i've learned a few trivia questions.

ah the offseason. such a silly time.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Out of curiosity I did some googling and found what I assume is the definition certain people are getting their undies in a knot about, and my first reaction was to laugh at the absurdity of it. If that upsets you then I suggest you can’t get thru most days without being offended. And it also makes me think you haven’t been internetting for long, because that’s on the tamer end of things! Don’t even dare googling ‘blue waffle’ or ‘tub girl’ as you might not live thru it! :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

I CHOose to believe that this topic, the absolute stooges that have their panties in a twist over it, and the hilarity of the moderation is one of Saintsational's lowest ebbs.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have the monkey's toe so I'd best be off to the CHOdbin.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 9:40pm Out of curiosity I did some googling and found what I assume is the definition certain people are getting their undies in a knot about, and my first reaction was to laugh at the absurdity of it. If that upsets you then I suggest you can’t get thru most days without being offended. And it also makes me think you haven’t been internetting for long, because that’s on the tamer end of things! Don’t even dare googling ‘blue waffle’ or ‘tub girl’ as you might not live thru it! :lol:
I even searched it on.Urban Dictionary and the worst thing I could find was that it means a silent but deadly fart!

Seriously, is that what people are huffing and puffing about??

lewdogs
Club Player

Re: The Flux 2018 Daft Report: Saint’s need to build up – <edited by mods> So chow down!

Let me propose a story for you all...

You have a friend that smokes cigarettes. You come up with a nickname for them, "Fag". Neither of you thinks a thing of it, assuming it refers to the cigarettes.

Later, a gay person tells you that when you use the word referring to someone they find it offensive and hurtful.

Do you...

A) continue to use the nickname in front of them, stating you didnt mean it that way anyway

B) apologise, stating you didn't mean it to be offensive, and stop using the nickname?

By ceasing to use the nickname, do you really stand to lose that much?

brewski
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 1:34am Let me propose a story for you all...

You have a friend that smokes cigarettes. You come up with a nickname for them, "Fag". Neither of you thinks a thing of it, assuming it refers to the cigarettes.

Later, a gay person tells you that when you use the word referring to someone they find it offensive and hurtful.

Do you...

A) continue to use the nickname in front of them, stating you didnt mean it that way anyway

B) apologise, stating you didn't mean it to be offensive, and stop using the nickname?

(A) Continue to use the nickname

Banned by the censors
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Do you...

Let's go with the BJ analogy instead.

It's far more relevant and appropriate.

Or the Banger, Plugger, Goose or Horse ones.

The debate here isn't that people know the term Cho is offensive yet continue to use it - it's that it is not an offensive term at all.

The term 'fag' is actually in the dictionary and is a crude and derogatory term.
The term Cho is not, and is nothing more than an abbreviation/nickname for Richo.

Outside of some random children somewhere that uploaded their definition to Urban Dictionary, there is literally zero evidence of it even remotely being recognised as a derogatory term.

Your analogy is simply rubbish.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Looks like SS has gone true to form again.

Long live Urban Dictionary, you win!

Anyways, I came on here to read about the draft.

See ya later, off to Big Footy

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Long live the memory of the good ship SS, and all who sailed in her. She was a solid old tub that served many a wayfarer well in her halcyon days. As a rotting hulk in her final days she dragged down with her many a poor unsuspecting traveler as she slid down to her final unimaginable depths.

A moments silence please........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
lewdogs
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 7:29am

Do you...

Let's go with the BJ analogy instead.

It's far more relevant and appropriate.

Or the Banger, Plugger, Goose or Horse ones.

The debate here isn't that people know the term Cho is offensive yet continue to use it - it's that it is not an offensive term at all.

The term 'fag' is actually in the dictionary and is a crude and derogatory term.
The term Cho is not, and is nothing more than an abbreviation/nickname for Richo.

Outside of some random children somewhere that uploaded their definition to Urban Dictionary, there is literally zero evidence of it even remotely being recognised as a derogatory term.

Your analogy is simply rubbish.
But what do you stand to lose by just stopping using the nickname? I just don't understand why it's such a big deal. If someone finds the word Cho offensive then just stop using it. No one is saying you can't criticise the coach, they're just asking you to stop calling him a particular word.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 9:52am

But what do you stand to lose by just stopping using the nickname? I just don't understand why it's such a big deal. If someone finds the word Cho offensive then just stop using it. No one is saying you can't criticise the coach, they're just asking you to stop calling him a particular word.
I've never used it. I've repeated once or twice in this thread only.

Besides, no one finds the word offensive. Don't be so naive. This is merely some silly posters playing tit for tat and being petty for their own personal squabbles. Meanwhile, the rest of us suffer whilst this s*** goes on.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

lewdogs wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 9:52amBut what do you stand to lose by just stopping using the nickname? I just don't understand why it's such a big deal. If someone finds the word Cho offensive then just stop using it. No one is saying you can't criticise the coach, they're just asking you to stop calling him a particular word.
Use it or don't use it, it won't matter soon enough, you won't be able to hear anything on here anyway, it will all be drowned out by the sound of marching jackboots.......

For the record, an entire forum had no issue, but have had their language modified by TWO posters.......

All done using the highly credentialed and long respected tool of "The Urban Dictionary".......something that 99>0% of people had never even heard of a week ago....

Ranks right up there with Shakespeare, yeah.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Before I move many of these posts to the admin forum, I am giving history and context for the decision here.

Earlier this year a poster was given a permanent ban for making extremely lewd sexual commentary regarding the coach and his associations with players and club officials. It was by far the most disgusting commentary posted on this OPEN forum and despite warnings and previous bans the poster continued this practice.

It was during this period the nickname "The Cho" was born. Yes 99% of people had no idea what this referenced but it was a DELIBERATE term used to try to circumvent the rules and continue making lewd sexual commentary against the coach.

It is NOT an abbreviation for Richo ... Richo is already an abbreviation for Richardson.

The definition is easily found by a google search "Meaning of The Cho". My nieces and nephews know the term and they are aged 13 to 24. It is a demeaning term to women. So perhaps people older than that are not familiar with the term, but it is a known term.

Once there was wider knowledge and understanding of what the term meant, then it falls under the same rules that it would if the actual meaning of "The Cho" was typed out in a post. And that would be either a warning or a ban ... depending on the context.

For those that want to leave Saintsational because we have respect for a person that works 60+ hours a week to build towards a premiership and is doing his best, then please feel free to leave and use the term "The Cho" as much as you like over at Big Footy.

Saintsational is not a commercial venture (it is paid for and maintained by a private contribution) and has survived for more than 20 years and multiple "walk outs". We are here to discuss footy in an environment where our team is supported and not demeaned.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

My main gripe is not with the extremely long bow being drawn about an apparent insult to the coach, but that much more obviously insulting terms for players are allowed to be used at nauseum with zero reprocussions.

Just like on field, some consistency would be nice...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:54am My main gripe is not with the extremely long bow being drawn about an apparent insult to the coach, but that much more obviously insulting terms for players are allowed to be used at nauseum with zero reprocussions.

Just like on field, some consistency would be nice...
Insulting terms for players (that have been reported) have been acted on with warnings.

If unreported and and unseen - then they may have slipped through.

Also the warnings may have occurred AFTER your reading of the posts.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:43am Before I move many of these posts to the admin forum, I am giving history and context for the decision here.

Earlier this year a poster was given a permanent ban for making extremely lewd sexual commentary regarding the coach and his associations with players and club officials. It was by far the most disgusting commentary posted on this OPEN forum and despite warnings and previous bans the poster continued this practice.

It was during this period the nickname "The Cho" was born. Yes 99% of people had no idea what this referenced but it was a DELIBERATE term used to try to circumvent the rules and continue making lewd sexual commentary against the coach.

It is NOT an abbreviation for Richo ... Richo is already an abbreviation for Richardson.

The definition is easily found by a google search "Meaning of The Cho". My nieces and nephews know the term and they are aged 13 to 24. It is a demeaning term to women. So perhaps people older than that are not familiar with the term, but it is a known term.

Once there was wider knowledge and understanding of what the term meant, then it falls under the same rules that it would if the actual meaning of "The Cho" was typed out in a post. And that would be either a warning or a ban ... depending on the context.

For those that want to leave Saintsational because we have respect for a person that works 60+ hours a week to build towards a premiership and is doing his best, then please feel free to leave and use the term "The Cho" as much as you like over at Big Footy.

Saintsational is not a commercial venture (it is paid for and maintained by a private contribution) and has survived for more than 20 years and multiple "walk outs". We are here to discuss footy in an environment where our team is supported and not demeaned.
BJ is Ok though yeah?

And Roo?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’m now glad we traded Tom Hickey... who wants that around when you’re at the game with your girl

We still have Jack Steele though... that’s a adult actor’s name if ever I heard one

And I bet everyone has made a joke about Longer

Imagine the commentary... Longer, Steele... this is a nightmare

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:16pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sat 24 Nov 2018 5:10pm Btw sayna, if it weren’t for you & Ted highlighting the urban dictionary reference then 99.9% would still be none the wiser. Have you considered that you have inexplicably shared that meaning & exposed sexually explicit material to possibly children on this site? I hope you have some shame & are remorseful for your actions. Please don’t pretend you are the victim in all this. If it were such an issue discreetly PM’ing Simon would’ve been far more appropriate.
I agree with you there and I immediately deleted the reference from that part of my post.. Others though, trying to be smartarses or attempting to get me banned, copied my post before I could delete it, and as far as I am aware didn't delete the copied post despite me asking for them to do so. I am not sure of this point, as I never returned to the thread.

I deeply regret offending anyone, apart from those using the term. They knew exactly what they were doing and refused to stop despite being asked to do so by other posters.

This, I hold a firm view on, but Again, I must agree with you. Referring the matter to Simon would have been a better option. He would have immediately put a stop to it, as he did a day or so later.
You need to just get over yourself.

Even though I wasn’t obliged to, as a courtesy to you, I deleted it like you asked me to. It’s not my fault you were dumb enough to quote the whole post when responding.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 11:21am
BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:43am Before I move many of these posts to the admin forum, I am giving history and context for the decision here.

BJ is Ok though yeah?

And Roo?
Obviously YES because they are the accepted nicknames for those people BY THE PEOPLE THEMSELVES. I am sure that applies to our coach accepting that nickname being bestowed on him by some disgruntled people hiding in anonymity on a fan forum.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:43amThe definition is easily found by a google search "Meaning of The Cho".
Again, all I see is Urban Dictionary which, again, is not a reference site.
Urban Dictionary is completely subjective. It’s not presented as fact, [but] as opinions. I think that can be a lot more valuable.
That's a quote from the site's creator. I'd also point out that we're not even talking about a well-seen Urban Dictionary page. As of my last visit, the page has 16 likes and 17 dislikes in over a year since being posted. Most of the page views are probably people who have been indirectly directed there from here.

If I go further into that google search I see no more references to the term. If I refine the search to specifically make it look for, uh, adult situations, I still don't find anything other than the Urban Dictionary post. I go onto reddit, nothing. I go onto that bodybuilding forum that has no problem demeaning women at regular intervals, nothing. Nowhere on the internet other than here and a very specific page does the term mean anything offensive. The term simply does not mean anything in particular to a wider audience.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

It's hardly suprising that the same people that didn't allow videos to be posted here for years - for the reason that they were sure people would post porn (WTF?) - are the same people enforcing the urban dictionary view of the world.

So what happens now, a few posters can hijack the forum whenever they see fit to suit their personal agenda and whatever they decide determines what can be posted?
I suppose that's the history of SS anyway.

It's just a shame a few ruin it for the many.

And for the record, I don't think I've every actually posted the much discussed term myself.