We've been Shanghaid

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: We've been Shanghaid

skeptic wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:25pm It’s a bit ground hog day’ish isn’t it.

We sell home games somewhere with a long term plan to attract members in a foreign market and make money.

2-3 years later we abandon the plan.

Maybe instead of making “the big move” we should focus that energy on getting the fundamentals right e.g. attracting supporters to our home games at Marvel
My understanding is that it is different (but I'm happy to be corrected).

China results in a significant 'up front' return. We get cash for it.

NZ wasn't lucrative in the short term, but the hope was that it eventuate into something viable and profitable.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 10:42am

We sell home games somewhere with a long term plan to attract members in a foreign market and make money.

Maybe instead of making “the big move” we should focus that energy on getting the fundamentals right e.g. attracting supporters to our home games at Marvel
My understanding is that it is different (but I'm happy to be corrected).

China results in a significant 'up front' return. We get cash for it.

NZ wasn't lucrative in the short term, but the hope was that it eventuate into something viable and profitable.
No argument there
My point is that we seem to be treating the sx and not the cause

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 3:54pm
IanRush wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:59pm Terrible decision, the game in Shanghai is for expats corporates to get p.ssed, nothing more... and Melboune Victory represent Australia most years now anyway in China, by qualifying for Asian Champions League soccer. THis smacks of a grab for Govt cash.
Who do you barrack for again Rushie?

Isn’t Caaaarlton???
Tried Carlton after Roys moved to Brisbane.

Went to watch Brisbane vs Essendon at Gabba in June 2018, can safely say Fitzroy's history is safely preserved in Brisbane and am off the Blues bandwagon.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 5:50pm
IanRush wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:59pm Terrible decision, the game in Shanghai is for expats corporates to get p.ssed, nothing more... and Melboune Victory represent Australia most years now anyway in China, by qualifying for Asian Champions League soccer. THis smacks of a grab for Govt cash.
The last sentence may be true. The rest is absolute rubbish.
Respectfully disagree.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I’m sure our 10 Sunday twilight fixtures to be released tomorrow will fix that one.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ace
Saintsational Legend

So Port Adelaide benefits from the commercial arrangement with Shanghai but don't lose themselves a home game.

We sell our home game to Port
who then sell our home game on to Shanghai
for the benefit of Port Adelaide.

Gee it is great being a slave in the AFL.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.