Saints trade rating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wally
Club Player

Re: Saints trade rating

I think there should also be a sigh of relief on the outgoings...reported Steven, Long, Billings etc
If anyone of note went most likely for pick 92 then big fail.

kalsaint
Club Player

Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 17 Oct 2018 9:09pm Cannot be anything more than a C. We acquired the bear minimum of who we were expected to and lost the best ruckman on our list in the process. We go into the 2019 season with the weakest ruck stocks in the league, one of the worst midfields in the league and coach who has lost the support of his fan base. Players like Dunstan, Paddy, billings and co need to lift or we are in for another long rebuild.
Pretty much my thoughts too. Maintaining pick 4 as a positive to the trade is a joke. Gee Carlton must be over the moon with them retaining their pick 1 except SOS was trying to get a deal at just about every venue he visited.

If we give up pick 4 at draft time for peanuts like we normally do in our deals we are in trouble. If we pick a young bloke from Adelaide, how long before he wants to go home and we lose out on the deal. We had better set up a contract that passes two years so we can set up strong demands. Better still build some respect and have the guys picked in drafts really wanting to stay at our club. Right now are the club not to be in based on players thoughts.

Even massive money couldnt draw Shiel to the club although I mentioned before he wouldn't come based on comments 3-4 years ago. We need to gain respect again of continue to lose in trades.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Oct 2018 9:14pm Incorrect. Consensus is more on the B side if anything and a C is not a fail. We got a distinction basically.
LOL.

We did not gain one player when another club was chasing also them. Missed out every time.
We gained two players that no other club was chasing.

If you want to look at it analytically:
desertsaint wrote: Fri 19 Oct 2018 12:59am http://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/AVJs5/1/
shows longt erm gain/loss and short term (2019) for all teams over the trade period.
we are 15th in long term with a fairly bad loss, but with a minor gain for 2019.
The opposite of teams like gws and the suns. freo good short term and excellent on long.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I like how the same people who claim we're the worst or second worst club in the competition also complain that we can't attract better players. If you think you're right about one, you can't expect the other.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

So, its more a B than anything now. Just like 3/5 of the trade reviews I listed.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

You seem to have gone into overdrive over the last 72 hours Ted....

When does the club expect that the PR-intensive can ease up a little? They're obviously feeling some serious heat.

Tell Simon (you're the only person that refers to him by that), that if he wants to sort it out and prove he's the top class administrator he thinks he is, he better find the cods to sack Finnis and Richardson after they've made him look stupid in the trade period.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Oookkkkk...

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

It seem the angry pills are taking a wee bit of time to wear off. The carpet bombers never cease. Time to let it go, I think, and move on.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Beno88 wrote: Fri 19 Oct 2018 2:46pm I like how the same people who claim we're the worst or second worst club in the competition also complain that we can't attract better players. If you think you're right about one, you can't expect the other.
hmmmm really dont know about that
to me if you were the best club and couldnt attract better players it would be a problem - but then why are you the best club?
and
if you were worst club and could attract better players you wouldnt be the worst club for very long

surely you can understand the frustration of supporters when we are both

Seeya
chico2001
Club Player

I will end this thread by stating that the saints trade rating was a D. That's a failure. Let us hear no more about it and move on to 2019. As cwrcyn said.."let it go" . Any other recruiting/trading from now on should be posted in a different thread.