St.Kilda Admin - I’m putting you on notice

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

St.Kilda Admin - I’m putting you on notice

It’s no secret that I’m not a Richo fan...

Don’t get me wrong, he seems like a decent guy but over the course of 2017 there were a number of very concerning traits evident in his coaching that were capped off by a dismal finish to the season.

Of the contract extension, I didn’t mind it too much at the time because my sense was that as long as he addressed some key concerns, we were sure to improve... this has been posted in one form or another year and a bit but here’s the summary of my concerns:

Definitively determine who number 1 ruck is and how to fit two ruckam into the team
Be consistent and impartial with selection - players earn opportunity, good form is rewarded, bad form is actioned
Stop playing players clearly hampered by injury
Have a plan B
Preference for blooding/developing young players opposed to persevering with underperforming vets
A mentally stronger team e.g. can bury teams when ahead, come back from deficits, turn momentum
Play balanced teams... not too slow... not too many negative players or contested ball winners with questionable disposal etc
Improvement in goal kicking
Evidence of players becoming more familiar with the structure e.g. moving the ball forward, not bombing in long to know one, defence zoning/set up
Less silly mistakes e.g. playing on without knowing what’s immediately in front of them, passing short to contests, 3 defenders going up for the contests

Suffice it to say that the outcome was worse than I ever imagined it to be. In all actuality, we failed on every single one of those counts with the most embarrassing being that Pierce played his first game of the season with about a month to go after both Hickey and Longer went down and pbly looked to be the best (potential based) primary ruck of the lot.

My preference was/is to have Richo sacked. It’s not going to happen and I expect that...
Furthermore, I respect the fact that he has one last opportunity to turn things around (and making the necessary changes) and that the board has identified he needs better support and acted accordingly.

Ratten, Lade and (to be announced) with a new recruiter / list manager.

It’s something.

There is a perception however that this board has a lot of problems, the chief of which is that they are not prepared to do what is in the best interests of the football club versus their own self-preservation e.g. Finnis won’t sack Richo due to the fear of being made to look foolish for extending his contract early and possibly unnecessarily.
There’s been backwards and forwards’ing Talk of the football review not being independent, not including the coach etc etc

There’s been a further sense that the current functioning is so bad that players out there want to avoid us like the plague (or the place dreams go to die) and that much of the talent we have amassed wants out.

Lethelan (however you spell it), I have to say, I haven’t minded. He’s vowed to make some changes and is currently on the front foot and he’s made some.
He’s vocal out there in the media, he’s outlining what we’re doing and he’s made some pitches... the criticism here has been whether or not there has been real change versus the perception of shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. And make no mistake, this for me is the most dismal time I’ve witnessed in my time as a Saints supporter.

I was happier with Malcolm Blight attracting players to the club and not actually coaching
Whilst I wasn’t happy with Timid Tim... we only suffered through his reign for 1 season and a half before he quit to that was okay
Scott Watters... well at least he turned the list over and moved on players that weren’t part of the future

There has been some debate on this forum as of late about the idea of supporting the club unconditionally versus supporting the club to it’s demise and to a degree that’s where I’m at...
I cannot in all good consciousness sign up for my 23rd consecutive year to support a regime that is destroying the club that I love

HOWEVER...

The club has stated that they know this and has said that they will react and they’ve made some changes... and obviously one cannot be critical of their performance in a trade/draft period that hasn’t started yet. But to be honest:
Hannebery
Kent
Amon

Is not exactly what I had in mind.

Steven retired, we’ve cut the few gamers in Gilbert, Freeman, Wright, Goddard, Minchington, Connellan

This to me is the underperforming, seemingly not able to get up to the required standard group:
Hickey, Longer, Paddy, Armitage, Weller, Savage, Dunstan, Newnes, Weller, Sinclair, White, Rice, Lonie + Ross and Bruce to a lesser degree (both top 22 but not playing near their best often enough)...

I want to see some real movement in this group (obviously I’m not suggesting they all be axed as there is real talent there) and I want to see desirable, ready made talent walk through that door whether it be through free agent or trade...

And I damn well want to see an elite kid like Rankine drafted at pick 4. A midfielder with pace and skills to burn... and said kid better not be on his own. We need some quality mids NOW. Not in two years time... not when we’ve built up the war chest... NOW.

St.Kilda FC... You have a few months to demonstrate that:
a) You understand what the problems are and will make the necessary changes.
TELL ME YOU DON’T THINK WELLER IN THE POCKET OR SAV ON A HFF IS THE ANSWER
b) You have the skills, professionalism, contacts etc to actually make the changes that are required

You have this off-season to do it, and if you can’t, don’t won’t... I won’t be signing up again until you’re replaced by people that can do the job.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: St.Kilda Admin - I’m putting you on notice

It's good to see you do actually have some self deprecating qualities and can actually poke fun at yourself. Thanks for lightening the mood.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 10:52pm It's good to see you do actually have some self deprecating qualities and can actually poke fun at yourself. Thanks for lightening the mood.
Can’t take it all too seriously

PS my money was on you to be the first responder :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 11:54pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sun 07 Oct 2018 10:52pm It's good to see you do actually have some self deprecating qualities and can actually poke fun at yourself. Thanks for lightening the mood.

I thought you got the balance right, there was enough bait to draw me out with some laughter while at the same time questioning your mental stability.

I now quite look forward to your bi weekly light hearted Richo rants.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 6:59am

I thought you got the balance right, there was enough bait to draw me out with some laughter while at the same time questioning your mental stability.

Yeeesh

You’re a very unpleasant guy aren’t you?

At least my posts are about football opposed to just following ppl around saying you’re wrong
Last edited by skeptic on Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:06am, edited 1 time in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yes Cairny

thats my job
**** off

:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Let’s channel the Village People

Richo, Richo Man,
I wanna be a Richo man!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 8:59am

Yeeesh

At least my posts are about football opposed to just following ppl around saying you’re wrong
My apologies Skeptic, I've completely misread the intonation of your OP, you're being completely serious. I thought you were taking the p1ss.

You probably need to ramp up a daily Richo rant instead of the bi weekly rant just so people don't misunderstand your point of view.

David-Lee
Club Player

It's TRUE, the board for the most dont give sh!t. Just fact. How do I know you say dumb fellow? The f@cking last 7 seasons! The last 5
Seasons have been the worst in 20 years. Even when we were Spooners we had hope with number 1-10 top picks not like our current number 1 that passes out everytime he looks into a slight breeze.

Saintnickyroo

David-Lee wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 11:10am It's TRUE, the board for the most dont give sh!t. Just fact. How do I know you say dumb fellow? The f@cking last 7 seasons! The last 5
Seasons have been the worst in 20 years. Even when we were Spooners we had hope with number 1-10 top picks not like our current number 1 that passes out everytime he looks into a slight breeze.
Harsh on Paddy he’s had rotten luck with concussions. I’d still take him over Petracca every day of the week.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 10:45am

Yeeesh

My apologies Skeptic, I've completely misread the intonation of your OP, you're being completely serious. I thought you were taking the p1ss.

You probably need to ramp up a daily Richo rant instead of the bi weekly rant just so people don't misunderstand your point of view.
No doubt you’ll be on the front foot following me around whether I post about Richo or not... hopefully you’ll post about football soon though it’s pbly beneath you to do such things on a football forum.

Keep up the good fight... do me a favour though, if you have nothing to contribute which most of the time you don’t... can you just stop following me around. I’m not interested in trading barbs with you

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 4:57pm

Yeeesh

No doubt you’ll be on the front foot following me around whether I post about Richo or not... hopefully you’ll post about football soon though it’s pbly beneath you to do such things on a football forum.

Keep up the good fight... do me a favour though, if you have nothing to contribute which most of the time you don’t... can you just stop following me around. I’m not interested in trading barbs with you
You keep posting about the same thing every few days which gets you a reaction so I assume you are after the attention. You even admit you thought you'd get a reaction from me when creating the OP.

BTW your posts come across as being mostly about your emotions and feelings which isn't footy related. Wasn't sure if you realised. But I like most of your footy stuff.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 5:16pm

Yeeesh

You keep posting about the same thing every few days which gets you a reaction so I assume you are after the attention. You even admit you thought you'd get a reaction from me when creating the OP.

BTW your posts come across as being mostly about your emotions and feelings which isn't footy related. Wasn't sure if you realised. But I like most of your footy stuff.
Alright well can we clean this slate then..?
I’ll check my frustrations about the club as a whole at the door for a while if you stop busting my chops for what feels like (to me) every opportunity including non Richo related topics.

David-Lee
Club Player

Saintnickyroo wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 11:57am
David-Lee wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 11:10am It's TRUE, the board for the most dont give sh!t. Just fact. How do I know you say dumb fellow? The f@cking last 7 seasons! The last 5
Harsh on Paddy he’s had rotten luck with concussions. I’d still take him over Petracca every day of the week.

Its harsh but true. We picked the wrong body type for a dominant forward we needed taller, leaner and a gut runner. It was hard for recruiters to tell because Paddy was so big early and used to dominate little lads.

But 5 yrs in and we are still trying to find someone to compare his poor development to hoping he will blossom like Hawkins.
But too many injuries and lack of ability to get separated from the modern tall fast slender defenders means he gets Mark's 45-60 from goal and he just isnt that guy. I would trade him but honestly, no one wants him. He will improve a bit. We have our Jack Watts now to suffer with for 5 more years until we trade him for a late round 3 pick.

But, IF I'm wrong I will have a meal for two with drinks on me waiting for you at the club....remind me, I never go back on my word but I have been wrong so you might a feed.

And I mean 50 goals a year not 25.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

McCartin plays his best football when he roams around the ground and is not confined to the goal square. He can probably become a big utility, if he improves his fitness.
I think it's about how to get the most out of him now that we've recruited him.

The St Kilda Admin is an idiocracy.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 8:13pm
Cairnsman wrote: Mon 08 Oct 2018 5:16pm

Yeeesh

Alright well can we clean this slate then..?
I’ll check my frustrations about the club as a whole at the door for a while if you stop busting my chops for what feels like (to me) every opportunity including non Richo related topics.
Ok let the peace talks begin and work towards denuclearisation of the coaching region. I'll be Donald and you be Kim Jong-un.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 7:53am McCartin plays his best football when he roams around the ground and is not confined to the goal square. He can probably become a big utility, if he improves his fitness.
I think it's about how to get the most out of him now that we've recruited him.

The St Kilda Admin is an idiocracy.
Paddy would look like a much better prospect if he kicked the goals a game that he butchers terribly with his shots...
Lovely field kick

Don’t know where these yips came from

bigred
Saintsational Legend

TLDR.

They don't care what you think.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Of course they don’t. Membership is the statement

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 10:20am Of course they don’t. Membership is the statement
You can't have a large membership without sustained success

Posting 20 years of holey crap!