Harves?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Harves?

From memory Banger was pissed when he didn't get the senior gig at St.Kilda when we gave it to Richardson.

Word at the time, and seriously this is just speculation was that he thought that he had done enough to get the job and was really unhappy with the decision.

I think he most definitely has the runs on the board now. A lot of the word out of Collingwood has been that he played a much greater role with their 2018 setup. Ran the midfield of course, but also handled pre-season training and took much greater workload while Buckley took a step back.

Underrated smart cookie one R.Harvey is.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Winmar7
Club Player

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Banger comes back, Richo should be placed on a few months leave so he doesn’t interfere with the trade and drafting season

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint6709
Club Player

I just hope that if Richo stays they announce a succession plan when they announce Harvey is coming (if he is) - I think they need to do something like that to motivate members to stay members and to encourage sponsors to sign up and for attracting new players to the club via trade and FA

There needs to be a circuit breaker to change the dynamics back to one of positivity - this would probably do the job I would think

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote: Mon 01 Oct 2018 3:41pm I just hope that if Richo stays they announce a succession plan when they announce Harvey is coming (if he is) - I think they need to do something like that to motivate members to stay members and to encourage sponsors to sign up and for attracting new players to the club via trade and FA

There needs to be a circuit breaker to change the dynamics back to one of positivity - this would probably do the job I would think
The tell everybody it’s okay but do nothing approach not doing it for you?

Well that’s not true... we sacked a bunch of players that didn’t play and hired some assistants.

I do agree with your sentiment though

saynta
Saintsational Legend

aldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/trade-daily-live-rolling-trade-news-from-around-australia-for-monday-1-october-2018/live-coverage/010e3519de86c9b15116896faf2c7cae

"No return for Saints prodigal son

Jon Ralph

ST KILDA'S prodigal son Robert Harvey won't be returning to the club despite a day of rumours about him moving back to Moorabbin.

Pies midfield coach Harvey is a St Kilda champion and dual Brownlow Medallist who has consistently been linked to a return as an assistant coach.

But coach Alan Richardson has been assured his position is safe at the club and the Saints have already secured a full book of line coaches for 2019.

Brett Ratten is likely to coach the forward line after crossing from Hawthorn, Henry Playfair will remain the defensive coach and Brendon Lade is expected to coach the midfield.

Adam Kingsley was the club's transition coach and while he has moved to Richmond it seems unlikely the Saints will have a coach with that responsibility next year.

The Saints continue to plan for next year's season with Richardson leading that process and the club having consistently said he will be at the helm next year.

Harvey would be a senior coaching aspirant when the next vacancy comes up in 2019 but there are no vacancies this year.

saint6709
Club Player

After a very depressing year as a saints fan - that is pretty depressing stuff from Ralph - I hope he’s off the mark - I don’t know that much about lade but has an ex ruckman. Ever been a midfield line coach before ? Can’t imagine this is something other clubs will follow —- if the club thinks it’s supporters will just suck it up and accept their explanation that nothing’s wrong and the Cho show is to go on I think they are disrespecting the fan base and under estimating the reprocusions

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Timmy Watson has heard he is coming to Saints.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Mon 01 Oct 2018 8:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 01 Oct 2018 8:14pm Timmy Watson has heard he is coming.
But what’s he heard about him being at St Kilda next year?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

saint6709 wrote: Mon 01 Oct 2018 8:10pm After a very depressing year as a saints fan - that is pretty depressing stuff from Ralph - I hope he’s off the mark - I don’t know that much about lade but has an ex ruckman. Ever been a midfield line coach before ? Can’t imagine this is something other clubs will follow —- if the club thinks it’s supporters will just suck it up and accept their explanation that nothing’s wrong and the Cho show is to go on I think they are disrespecting the fan base and under estimating the reprocusions
Now that con or long or whoever he is has gone can we stop calling richo the Cho? It's not just disrespectful, it's gross.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 01 Oct 2018 8:14pm Timmy Watson has heard he is coming to Saints.
I heard Timmy on the radio too this morning, and that is not what he actually said. It was more that he had heard rumours. He did not claim at all that he was going to the Saints.

SEN also went onto say that they had contacted the Saints and were told that all assistants roles had been filled. Which of course could just bee the club playing a straight bat until the i's are dotted, but Timmy did not state that Harvey would be at the Saints.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 1:00am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 01 Oct 2018 8:14pm Timmy Watson has heard he is coming to Saints.
I heard Timmy on the radio too this morning, and that is not what he actually said. It was more that he had heard rumours. He did not claim at all that he was going to the Saints.

SEN also went onto say that they had contacted the Saints and were told that all assistants roles had been filled. Which of course could just bee the club playing a straight bat until the i's are dotted, but Timmy did not state that Harvey would be at the Saints.
As I said. He heard he was going to St Kilda.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 10:07am

What you wrote was rubbish as it would give the impression that he was coming to St Kilda.

Whereas the the whole discussion was clear that he was not coming.

Tim raised it and then discounted it. Reporting as you posted it was just clearly misleading.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 6:47pm

What you wrote was rubbish as it would give the impression that he was coming to St Kilda.

Tim raised it and then discounted it. Reporting as you posted it was just clearly misleading.
Incorrect. Timmy W heard a rumour he might be coming to the Saints as an assistant. I never stated he was coming. Back to important matters...

Total = 1.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

do we really want to hand Harves a certain s*** sandwich ?
he can live comfortably, you would think, fo the next 10 years of his life, just playing an upper "in the system" low key hands on assistant
and pretty much be set for the rest of his life, in semi retired comfort

Or he could be so foolhardy as to put his hand up and declare he wants to come back and coach the Saints, a brave move IMO

I'm sorry but Robert Harvey better know exactly what he's doing and be a f****** good coach if he puts up his hand
he better know exactly what he's putting his hand up for, cos we will all but destroy him
I'm sure Doc would have lived a lot longer had we not demanded he come save us, in the way we're pining for banger at the moment

a lot of talk about the failure of the Collingwood midfield in the post mortem- once again... is it the coach or cattle?
i dont want him if its just a soft way of picking him up from getting sacked at Collingwood

we know him as humble modest and not a c***
but we all know a coach has to be a c***... or have a whole lot of c*** in him
is there any c*** in Harves"?

It would kill me to have him come back as the great homegrown hope and fail

why do we try to strangle our favourite sons in our lunging desperation for some kind of answer / messiah?
Do we see North pining for and claiming Clarkson as theirs or Essendon in Hardwick
Richmond were pathetic in their fawing over Sheedy for so very long all the while not just eating, but churning through and burning their own
Had Sheedy gone back to Punt Road, it would have ended in tears

Harves has given us enough and if he's serious about the coaching caper, he's best left to find opportunities elsewhere away from the nest as other successful coaches do

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 7:39pm

Incorrect. Timmy W heard a rumour he might be coming to the Saints as an assistant. I never stated he was coming. Back to important matters...
Lol at your backpedaling.

Love how you changed it from IS to MIGHT.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 10:21pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 7:39pm

Lol at your backpedaling.

Love how you changed it from IS to MIGHT.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.
No back peddling here chappy. Passing on what Timmy W heard. Pretty simple.

Total = 1.
Barneysaint
Club Player

Get a room you 2

oldie60
Club Player

HardSaint wrote: Tue 02 Oct 2018 10:16pm do we really want to hand Harves a certain s*** sandwich ?
he can live comfortably, you would think, fo the next 10 years of his life, just playing an upper "in the system" low key hands on assistant
and pretty much be set for the rest of his life, in semi retired comfort

Or he could be so foolhardy as to put his hand up and declare he wants to come back and coach the Saints, a brave move IMO

I'm sorry but Robert Harvey better know exactly what he's doing and be a f****** good coach if he puts up his hand
he better know exactly what he's putting his hand up for, cos we will all but destroy him
I'm sure Doc would have lived a lot longer had we not demanded he come save us, in the way we're pining for banger at the moment

a lot of talk about the failure of the Collingwood midfield in the post mortem- once again... is it the coach or cattle?
i dont want him if its just a soft way of picking him up from getting sacked at Collingwood

we know him as humble modest and not a c***
but we all know a coach has to be a c***... or have a whole lot of c*** in him
is there any c*** in Harves"?

It would kill me to have him come back as the great homegrown hope and fail

why do we try to strangle our favourite sons in our lunging desperation for some kind of answer / messiah?
Do we see North pining for and claiming Clarkson as theirs or Essendon in Hardwick
Richmond were pathetic in their fawing over Sheedy for so very long all the while not just eating, but churning through and burning their own
Had Sheedy gone back to Punt Road, it would have ended in tears

Harves has given us enough and if he's serious about the coaching caper, he's best left to find opportunities elsewhere away from the nest as other successful coaches do
Well said, i think supporters just want the romance of bringing the prodigal son home, while we're at it lets get Plugger back to coach the forwards. To be honest i too love Harves but coaching material he aint. He's been at Collingwood for a while now and they have only had success this year by making the Grand final other than that his overall contribution is questionable. I don't think he is the right character for the role. Very few champion players make good coaches. Clarkson, Longmire, the Scott brothers, Fagan ( never played in the afl but played 263 games in tassie ) Ross Lyon and there are heaps more who were just good footballers but have been fortunate to have had or will have some success. If you look at our successful periods under Jeans, Sheldon, Alves, Thomas and Lyon we knew what we stood for which is something the whole organisation is struggling to identify. Alot of talk but not doing the walk

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Now that the season is over it seems odd that our last assistant coach has not been announced, whoever they are.

bergsone
SS Life Member

HitTheBoundary wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 7:52pm Now that the season is over it seems odd that our last assistant coach has not been announced, whoever they are.
Maybe waiting till their current clubs season is completely over B&F nights etc

takeaway
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote: Wed 03 Oct 2018 7:52pm Now that the season is over it seems odd that our last assistant coach has not been announced, whoever they are.
According to Jon Ralph, Saints have filled their coaching vacancies for this year. Kingsley's role (transition coach) is not being filled.

axcellence
Club Player

Hopefully, he'll be at the saints by round 6 next year.

minneapolis
Club Player

yipper wrote: Fri 28 Sep 2018 2:06pm Ppl I can confirm our last remaining coaching appointment will happen after the GF.

Both possibles are involved in the GF.

Next week we will know. 2 possibles are very busy at present - but should be free next week lol.

We will then have a pretty savvy coaching set up.
Happy days ahead.
What can you confirm Yipper? Who was the whisper?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Heard a rumour that we are chasing Bevo hard for 2020! Regarding Harves went to a small dinner with 12 supporters last year all saints at which Harves was prime guest at the table and we could ask him anything ,one bloke did ask him about coming back to the saints but he stated in a round about way he thougt he had his chance when Richo was appointed & was overlooked sort of seemed quite miffed & didn’t really give me any confidence that the great man would return! Stated he was quite happy at the Pies & that Bucks was one of the best coaches he had seen,it was before last season started just saying as they did get in the granny ?He was very modest yet had so many great stories ,best player he has ever seen was the big fella by a mile he said!

PADDLEPOP1000