West Coast Chasing Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_President
Club Player

Re: West Coast Chasing Hickey

stonecold wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 5:31pm As previously stated, not rated @ St.Kilda as highly as by some on here!!!!!

Over paid as well, seeya Hickledik, all the best and good luck!!!!!
So... Tom has another team interested in him and is willing to take him even with his over priced salary... but we can’t give Billy away for a packet of homer and chips?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Age reporting that he’s had a medical at WCE. Also on the AFL website :

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-20/e ... ith-eagles

takeaway
Club Player

The_President wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 5:38pm
stonecold wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 5:31pm As previously stated, not rated @ St.Kilda as highly as by some on here!!!!!

So... Tom has another team interested in him and is willing to take him even with his over priced salary... but we can’t give Billy away for a packet of homer and chips?
I heard WC were looking at Billy from about August after Nic Nat did his knee. However he does not want to move interstate. So they went for the second option obviously. Hope we don't lose Billy, or we will have to trade another ruckman in.

older saint
SS Life Member

If it gets us a second rounder absolutely do it. whether he develops over there who knows but cant see it happening here unless the bring 3rd man in rule back

realdeal
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 5:54pm

I heard WC were looking at Billy from about August after Nic Nat did his knee. However he does not want to move interstate. So they went for the second option obviously. Hope we don't lose Billy, or we will have to trade another ruckman in.

Who cares if Longer doesn't want to mive interstate! Why does that matter.. why cant we just trade him..or is there a no trade clause?

AFL free agency is weighted too much in the players favour..

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Pitty we can't get rid of Longer instead.

chico2001
Club Player

Sad day for football when these two ruckman "Hickey and Longer" are being chased by other clubs and may get good contracts. Got height as their asset and nothing else.
Footy players about 6ft around the country who have good skills and cant get a game have to watch on by as those 2 numpties get a game, neither of whom can pick the ball up off the ground without tripping over their own feet.. A f***cking joke. Good riddance, let them go.

Turbo
Club Player

Channel 7 news just advised Hickey undertook a medical with West Coast Feebles.

Some time soon.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone accepting the Eagles 2nd round pick for Hickey is crazy.

He’s our No. 1 ruckman, contracted for next year, and a required player. WC can give us their first pick ( around 20) or they can go forth and multiply.

We shouldn’t be giving other clubs any charity. Remover Jamie Cripps??

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 8:11pm Anyone accepting the Eagles 2nd round pick for Hickey is crazy.

He’s our No. 1 ruckman, contracted for next year, and a required player. WC can give us their first pick ( around 20) or they can go forth and multiply.

We shouldn’t be giving other clubs any charity. Remover Jamie Cripps??
Is it a case of the need to get some depth of quality in the midefiled and having to give something up to get something coming our way. And I wonder how much Marshall's good showing in a few games has primed speculation he might turn into a formidable ruckman and offset the loss of Hickey.

It's not an exact science is it.

takeaway
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 7:35pm Sad day for football when these two ruckman "Hickey and Longer" are being chased by other clubs and may get good contracts. Got height as their asset and nothing else.
Footy players about 6ft around the country who have good skills and cant get a game have to watch on by as those 2 numpties get a game, neither of whom can pick the ball up off the ground without tripping over their own feet.. A f***cking joke. Good riddance, let them go.
Classy. A numpty is a stupid person. So you are saying that Hickey and Longer, who have played over 120 AFL games between them, are not up to AFL standard? So they each earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, and at least one other club is interested in trading for Hickey (I say Longer as well), and they cannot play footy? Pretty smart to get away with that in my view, and certainly not numpties. What club do you really support?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote:Sad day for football when these two ruckman "Hickey and Longer" are being chased by other clubs and may get good contracts. Got height as their asset and nothing else.
Have you seen Hickey play? Picking the ball up off the ground is not his problem.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Club is looking at a couple of mature state league rucks for draft. They can play.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Captain Impossible
Club Player

What are we likely to get for him?

Time for some Jamie Cripps payback.

chico2001
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 8:46pm
chico2001 wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 7:35pm Sad day for football when these two ruckman "Hickey and Longer" are being chased by other clubs and may get good contracts. Got height as their asset and nothing else.
Classy. A numpty is a stupid person. So you are saying that Hickey and Longer, who have played over 120 AFL games between them, are not up to AFL standard? So they each earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, and at least one other club is interested in trading for Hickey (I say Longer as well), and they cannot play footy? Pretty smart to get away with that in my view, and certainly not numpties. What club do you really support?
Hey classy, Numpty means ineffectual as well. How about the worst AFL ruckmen going around at the minute. Name one worse expert. Who are we looking at Witts...nope, how about Kreuser...nope I have seen Hickey and Longer play, live at least half a dozen times and every other game on TV that they have played except reserves. One could not get a game last year, the other one could not get a game this year. Longer could not get a game in 2016. More than several times Longer could not get a kick and could not lay a tackle. Hickey was widely derided for some of his efforts this year, so ask some AFL commentators who have played 600 games between them how good some of Hickeys efforts have been. Google that and get back to us expert.
Longer took 5 marks this year and check out some of hickey's stats though they are better than Longers.
A clear indicator of how players with low AFL skillsets are way overpaid when these guys get pd hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Dont ask which club I support, ask how much I know about football and I tell you what........ it is a fair bit more than you. You need to watch a lot more games yet to get an idea of who can play footy and who cant.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
chico2001
Club Player

I am really amazed that other clubs are chasing these blokes, but then again, if their own club doesnt rate them ...well.....I dont know the answer. Good luck to them but I will be surprised if they improve somewhere else. They will probably look better if they have yeo, gaff dangerfield etc sharking the ball. Hickey will go well with East Perth and Longer will have to be better than Smith and Stanley to get a game.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Looks like we'll get to see the Clash of the Titans, when we play WCE next year and we can decide which of the duds is king. My money is on Hickey.

Nee!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Wce desperate as Nicnat is getting older and prone to injury now. They have 2 second round draft picks according to an article I read so that seems fair if we get one

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

For a change this actually puts us in the box seat as WCE want something we have. Do they have any players on their list that might fill our requirements?

If Hickey gets back to his 2016 form and we pick up a dud, I’ll do a Terry Wallace.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
guitars4
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 12:09am

Very good!! :lol:

Crossy66
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 8:43am For a change this actually puts us in the box seat as WCE want something we have. Do they have any players on their list that might fill our requirements?

If Hickey gets back to his 2016 form and we pick up a dud, I’ll do a Terry Wallace.
Straight swap for Gaff?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 9:08am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 8:43am For a change this actually puts us in the box seat as WCE want something we have. Do they have any players on their list that might fill our requirements?

Straight swap for Gaff?
If WCE are drunk or on MDMA at the time of the trade.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 12:25am I am really amazed that other clubs are chasing these blokes, but then again, if their own club doesnt rate them ...well.....I dont know the answer. Good luck to them but I will be surprised if they improve somewhere else. They will probably look better if they have yeo, gaff dangerfield etc sharking the ball. Hickey will go well with East Perth and Longer will have to be better than Smith and Stanley to get a game.
I don’t think anyone is chasing Longer.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Hemi Baxter wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 9:15am
chico2001 wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 12:25am I am really amazed that other clubs are chasing these blokes, but then again, if their own club doesnt rate them ...well.....I dont know the answer. Good luck to them but I will be surprised if they improve somewhere else. They will probably look better if they have yeo, gaff dangerfield etc sharking the ball. Hickey will go well with East Perth and Longer will have to be better than Smith and Stanley to get a game.
I don’t think anyone is chasing Longer.
Your entitled to that opinion!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯