F.... Melbourne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: F.... Melbourne

Hawks, just like Geelong are cooked.

Dees were out of finals for 12 seasons.

Get a grip.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Either one of Petracca or Gus Brayshaw would have been handy in our side this year

Should consider themselves lucky that the St Kilda muppets in coaching/recruitment and list management didn't call out their names

1965 Saint
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:36am Why the vitriol goose.
If the umpiring splits favoured either side it was Hawthorn.
Another personal attack on someone just expressing an opinion! Do you think that makes your view more credible? What has gone wrong with this site? Full of sad people with a chip. You can consider me a goose at your leisure but I can assure you I’m not. As a Saints supporter, doesn’t it get in your craw that as soon as Melbourne has got anywhere near competitive they want to behave like they are chasing a three-peat.

saintadamski
Club Player

1965 Saint wrote: Fri 14 Sep 2018 11:13pm They only won tonight because the umpires allowed them to dispose of the ball incorrectly when tackled or challenged. It happened when they played West Coast over here a few weeks ago. I suspect the AwFuL has told the umpires they want the famous Dees in the grand final. Corruption CENTRAL.
No
In actual fact the Dees won because they have been recruiting really well and are playing magnificently
Petracca 22 disposals , 4 marks

But don't worry...we got ummm Paddy.....err.....yay

guitars4
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:50am
I respect your opinion but in my opinion we should take a leaf out of there book get a decent coach , recruit players that can use the footy & the rest will take care of itself.
Oh hell yeah let’s follow Melbourne’s super inspiring 11 year rebuild awesome over half way there anyway...
Well we are pretty much into 6 years of rebuilding & we are still a long way from challenging for a finals berth , so in our position I think we are the in glass house & shouldn' t be throwing stones not yet anyway. :D

elizabethr
Club Player

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:57am
elizabethr wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:36am Why the vitriol goose.
If the umpiring splits favoured either side it was Hawthorn.
Another personal attack on someone just expressing an opinion! Do you think that makes your view more credible? What has gone wrong with this site? Full of sad people with a chip. You can consider me a goose at your leisure but I can assure you I’m not. As a Saints supporter, doesn’t it get in your craw that as soon as Melbourne has got anywhere near competitive they want to behave like they are chasing a three-peat.
No the preferential treatment granted to Hawthorn far exceeds Melbourne playing in an impossible to win preliminary.

nothing to say
saintadamski
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:50am
I respect your opinion but in my opinion we should take a leaf out of there book get a decent coach , recruit players that can use the footy & the rest will take care of itself.
Oh hell yeah let’s follow Melbourne’s super inspiring 11 year rebuild awesome over half way there anyway...
News flash - they are in the prelim....SO YES I WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW THEIR F*CKING REBUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenLong#21
Club Player

I suspect things might get even darker around here if the Bombers get on a roll next year....

I know. I know.

Things are crook.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Not sure what happened to my earlier post about the Eagle’s forward line (it appears to have been removed!) so I will re-post. .... I’m looking forward to Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Rioli, Jetta and the Frenchman tearing the Dees a new one

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Fri 14 Sep 2018 11:28pm Go Demons, I hope they can go all the way. I'd rather see them win than the Skunks, Wet Toast, 9thmond or GWS. If you don't like Melbourne who like us have been in the wilderness then go soak your head in a bucket of shyte.
I concur, except for the last bit. Crikey you’d be a Scrooge to begrudge them some success. Longer flag drought than us, nearly folded, years in the wilderness. Hope they win it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 1:38am Not sure what happened to my earlier post about the Eagle’s forward line (it appears to have been removed!) so I will re-post. .... I’m looking forward to Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Rioli, Jetta and the Frenchman tearing the Dees a new one
If you’ve ever lived in Perth for any time, you wouldn’t say that. Their fans are unbearable. You have to live there to understand it. And they get a massive advantage at home. If you want to talk about umpiring imbalances, have a look at the free kick stats for the Weagles for the last ten years. Anyone but them, even Collingwood.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

st.byron wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 2:17am
1965 Saint wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 1:38am Not sure what happened to my earlier post about the Eagle’s forward line (it appears to have been removed!) so I will re-post. .... I’m looking forward to Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Rioli, Jetta and the Frenchman tearing the Dees a new one
If you’ve ever lived in Perth for any time, you wouldn’t say that. Their fans are unbearable. You have to live there to understand it. And they get a massive advantage at home. If you want to talk about umpiring imbalances, have a look at the free kick stats for the Weagles for the last ten years. Anyone but them, even Collingwood.
I grew up in Melbourne. Went to hundreds of games. Moved to Perth a few years back. Wet Toast fans are by far the worst, most arrogant, most vile, in the country.
They are evil personified.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 2:13am
happy feet wrote: Fri 14 Sep 2018 11:28pm Go Demons, I hope they can go all the way. I'd rather see them win than the Skunks, Wet Toast, 9thmond or GWS. If you don't like Melbourne who like us have been in the wilderness then go soak your head in a bucket of shyte.
I concur, except for the last bit. Crikey you’d be a Scrooge to begrudge them some success. Longer flag drought than us, nearly folded, years in the wilderness. Hope they win it.
Whatever.

So you’d like for three years in a row see a team break a big flag drought whilst we keep going backwards?

Nah, f*** ‘Em

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 7:50am
st.byron wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 2:13am
Whatever.

So you’d like for three years in a row see a team break a big flag drought whilst we keep going backwards?

Nah, f*** ‘Em
So if the Dee’s don’t win a flag, that will somehow stop us from going further backwards, or at least makes us feel that little bit less like a s**ty football club??

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:56am Either one of Petracca or Gus Brayshaw would have been handy in our side this year

Should consider themselves lucky that the St Kilda muppets in coaching/recruitment and list management didn't call out their names
That's the only thing that makes me mad, not at Melbourne, but at our last minute decision not to take Petracca. Melbourne recruiters have been laughing at us ever since.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 9:09am
Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:56am Either one of Petracca or Gus Brayshaw would have been handy in our side this year

That's the only thing that makes me mad, not at Melbourne, but at our last minute decision not to take Petracca. Melbourne recruiters have been laughing at us ever since.
What a mess it has all been.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Pettracca was ok last night very selfish though and turned the ball over plenty.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
BenLong#21
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 9:36am Pettracca was ok last night very selfish though and turned the ball over plenty.
He was on the actual field in a final.

That makes him already twenty miles ahead of our fella.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I probably don't speak to many on here, but I also hope Melbourne can win it this year.
I was ok with the Swans breaking their 80-year drought, The Cats breaking their 50-year drought, the 'Dogs breaking their 60-year drought, and the Tigers breaking through after 40 years.
If Melbourne is good enough to win in Perth, and I'm not sure they are, by the way, they'll get their chance.
...and then the pressure will really be on, won't it?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Go Dees

saintbob
SS Life Member

Go Dees

Crossy66
Club Player

BenLong#21 wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 9:52am
CURLY wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 9:36am Pettracca was ok last night very selfish though and turned the ball over plenty.

I dont think we have missed much in the Petracca vs Paddy selection...yet. Whilst i agree he is ahead, Petracca is nowhere near elite... yet. I thought his game last night was his best, but still he missed easy targets by foot a number of times. I think 2019 will be the year for both players, I think Petracca will continue to get better and for Paddy its make or break

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BenLong#21 wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 9:52am

Yep with years of AFL assistance Melbourne finally played finals with Pettracca was a participant.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sat 15 Sep 2018 12:26am Melbourne are going nowhere. They are bullies, throwing their weight around whenever they get on top. The trouble with bullies is that, without fail, they are almost cowards when truly challenged. Wait and see..
‘Bullies who are almost cowards when challenged’... like in the last quarter against the Eagles in round 22... or in the last quarter last night... :roll:

You’ve got deeper issues, did Ron Barassi <edited by mods> back in the day or something..?

<warning for baiting>

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Yes! A sliding doors moment, Melbourne dodged more than one bullet. If we'd picked up one of them, Melbourne would have felt compelled to take McCartin. Then not discovering Tom McDonald's worth forward or given Weideman opportunities.