Online Petition for Richardson's Resignation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint-stu
Club Player

Re: Online Petition for Richardson's Resignation

I don't like this. Richo doesn't seem to be the right coach for us, but I don't think he deserves this. Blame the club for not pulling the trigger.

Richo has one last shot at it next year with a new team of assistants including the very experienced Brett Ratten. If next year starts like this one, I'm sure the club will pull the trigger and Ratten will take over. I'm personally fine with this approach.

1ac46a38
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:38pm
parkeysainter wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 5:08pm 100 only?
102 now.

I went in to sign up, and spotted the No 101 signee.
https://www.change.org/p/st-kilda-footb ... ition_show

Onya parkey!
All good. I misread the stupid bloody thing. I thought it had a goal of 100 signatures. Lol

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 7:23pm Although I’m less than happy about the way the club has gone this season,I won’t be signing the petition. I understand precisely why Sainternist is so angry and frustrated, and if starting an online petition helps him to express those feelings to the club, then who am I to criticise?
With respect, rather than sign an online petition, I would prefer to see ALL members bombarding the club with emails and letters demanding an extraordinary General Meeting of members, and let the BOARD and Coaching staff conduct a Q&A with members!
Let these guys know, face to face exactly what WE are feeling, and how angry we are at the manner in which the club has drifted from potential top eight to basket case!
Jiggster, you were on here tubthumping for his sacking not long ago. Now you have flip-flopped when actual action is being taken?

A petition is a way of bringing together some evidence to produce, before going to the appropriate people and showing them. SHEESH!!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:13pm There is something about this type of web activity that just doesn't seem to fit acceptable social standards. Just can't put my finger on it.🤔
CHRIST ALMIGHTY, this is just an alternative to taking it to the streets, door-knocking etc. The easiest way would have been to collect signatures at our last home game, but unfortunately that has been and gone.

Welcome to the 21st century, Cairnsman!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:33pm
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:13pm There is something about this type of web activity that just doesn't seem to fit acceptable social standards. Just can't put my finger on it.🤔
CHRIST ALMIGHTY, this is just an alternative to taking it to the streets, door-knocking etc. The easiest way would have been to collect signatures at our last home game, but unfortunately that has been and gone.

Welcome to the 21st century, Cairnsman!
As an atheist I think it's outdated to reference make believe characters. Welcome to the 21st century Sainternist!! 😎

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:29pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 7:23pm Although I’m less than happy about the way the club has gone this season,I won’t be signing the petition. I understand precisely why Sainternist is so angry and frustrated, and if starting an online petition helps him to express those feelings to the club, then who am I to criticise?
With respect, rather than sign an online petition, I would prefer to see ALL members bombarding the club with emails and letters demanding an extraordinary General Meeting of members, and let the BOARD and Coaching staff conduct a Q&A with members!
Let these guys know, face to face exactly what WE are feeling, and how angry we are at the manner in which the club has drifted from potential top eight to basket case!
Jiggster, you were on here tubthumping for his sacking not long ago. Now you have flip-flopped when actual action is being taken?

A petition is a way of bringing together some evidence to produce, before going to the appropriate people and showing them. SHEESH!!!
Calm down........ I’m not being critical of you for initiating an online petition mate, but with the greatest respect, I would prefer to see the coach and board front up to the members with a no holds barred Q&A and let these blokes know exactly how we are feeling.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
chico2001
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:31pmI signed twice
What a great move, anything, just anything to get rid of that dud..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

f****** disgraceful thread, just f****** disgraceful and I'm no fan of the current coach.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:02am f****** disgraceful thread, just f****** disgraceful and I'm no fan of the current coach.
Agreed. Welcome to the age of faceless people Saynta.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
minneapolis
Club Player

Are you from Tennessee?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

You could just find out where he lives and let down his tyres.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Someone should start a counter petition titled “the blame can’t simply be levelled at the coach and absolve everyone/everything else petition ” and count the votes against this petition.

The buck doesn’t start and stop with the coach - there are other factors and others responsible for our underperformance - probably more so than the coach.

Our biggest loss for the year was only 54 points... despite our many injuries and with no elite players on our list.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 1:46pm Someone should start a counter petition titled “the blame can’t simply be levelled at the coach and absolve everyone/everything else petition ” and count the votes against this petition.

The buck doesn’t start and stop with the coach - there are other factors and others responsible for our underperformance - probably more so than the coach.

Our biggest loss for the year was only 54 points... despite our many injuries and with no elite players on our list.
Exactly. It requires less brains and intellect to just blame Richo though. Its the easy way out. The cop out way.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:02am f****** disgraceful thread, just f****** disgraceful and I'm no fan of the current coach.
WHY is it effin' disgraceful, Saynta?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:16am
Says the bloke hiding behind his keyboard, like everyone else. Oh, that's right, as your avatar suggests, you're actually Val Perovic. Seems like you are still concussed from Robbie Muir's hit back in 1984.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 1:46pm Someone should start a counter petition titled “the blame can’t simply be levelled at the coach and absolve everyone/everything else petition ” and count the votes against this petition.

Or better still a petition that states:
“No one has singularly said it’s all coaching but he IS part of a 5 year poor performing program that needs to be overhauled”

I’d vote again, being from Tennessee...

Btw we’ve also changed pres, sacked assistants and players will go but the buck for match day performance can not and ought not to escape the head coach after 5 years.

Head in sand stuff.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 1:05pm
Are you from Tennessee?
Nepal actually but moved to Tennessee after winning the National Nepalese Yodelling Competition.

Love it thus far...

“Yeah….nah””
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:35pm
Says the bloke hiding behind his keyboard, like everyone else. Oh, that's right, as your avatar suggests, you're actually Val Perovic. Seems like you are still concussed from Robbie Muir's hit back in 1984.
The clear and major difference is I don't go taking daily pot shots at coaches, players, the club, officials, etc. in this joint from behind my mobile phone or keyboard. Plenty of other posters know exactly what I mean. You will get it one day.

The dud and hate filled gofundme and online petition clearly highlights the type of individuals and intelligence levels on display of those that think such measures are ok.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:41pm
The clear and major difference is I don't go taking daily pot shots at coaches, players, the club, officials, etc. in this joint from behind my mobile phone or keyboard. Plenty of other posters know exactly what I mean. You will get it one day.
But there's absolutely nothing to get from your so-called logic. Your posts are as dull as dishwater and you only seem to bicker with people trying to express any sort of strong view about the club or a particular player etc. Take Drake Huggins, for instance. You knew he was a volatile poster, yet you continued to bait him and unfortunately he played right into your hands and was blacklisted. Don't worry, I see right through your garbage. You're no different to past trolls like CityWest.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:50pm
But there's absolutely nothing to get from your so-called logic. Your posts are as dull as dishwater and you only seem to bicker with people trying to express any sort of strong view about the club or a particular player etc. Take Drake Huggins, for instance. You knew he was a volatile poster, yet you continued to bait him and unfortunately he played right into your hands and was blacklisted. Don't worry, I see right through your garbage. You're no different to past trolls like CityWest.
DrakeHuggins...lol.

Don't like my posts then block me or don't read them. Been saying it for months. Plenty of others enjoy them.

Anyway, good luck with the petition. 32 and counting. It will get to 2 slabs worth soon.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:35pm

Or better still a petition that states:
“No one has singularly said it’s all coaching but he IS part of a 5 year poor performing program that needs to be overhauled”

I’d vote again, being from Tennessee...

Btw we’ve also changed pres, sacked assistants and players will go but the buck for match day performance can not and ought not to escape the head coach after 5 years.

Head in sand stuff.
There’s going to be a lot pages started today i think

Sanctorum
Club Player

This petition should more appropriately be targeted at St Kilda's Director of Coaching Danny Sexton. As I have posted on this forum many times, Danny Sexton has to bear the full brunt of responsibility for the team's woeful season and a half. As DoC Sexton oversees ALL of the coaching panel, including the senior coach, as well as fitness and player development. I am in no doubt that Richo would rather not have to answer to Sexton, a bloke by the way who has never played AFL at the elite level, and has been at st Kilda for 12 BLOODY YEARS!!! If Sexton stays on in 2019 then it will demonstrate to me that the club is not serious about making all the changes that need to be made for the team to improve in 2019.

The other point to make is that I expect Richmond supporters, as well as Collingwood, would have been just as pissed off, if not more so, about Hardwick and Buckley respectively, before they turned their fortunes around in 2017 (Richmond) and 2018 (Collingwood). Tigers supporters even went as far as challenging the Board in 2016. Yet look where these teams are now, under their then-underperforming senior coaches. You can also add Bomber Thompson at Geelong in 2006.

This petition on change.org in the public domain is disgusting and an embarrassment to all loyal Saints supporters and I hope it is taken down.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 2:53pm
DrakeHuggins...lol.

Don't like my posts then block me or don't read them. Been saying it for months. Plenty of others enjoy them.

Anyway, good luck with the petition. 32 and counting. It will get to 2 slabs worth soon.
DH had a fiery temper, but at least he brought some insights and relevant debate to the table. He came across as a diehard supporter who would bleed for the club.

Thanks for the heads up and words of encouragement!

takeaway
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 5:08pm
DrakeHuggins...lol.

DH had a fiery temper, but at least he brought some insights and relevant debate to the table. He came across as a diehard supporter who would bleed for the club.

Haven't missed DH. Was he really a Saints supporter? Very negative. Seemed to enjoy the club bleeding more than would bleed for the club.
Has the petition reached 32? Man the barricades!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 5:45pm
Sainternist wrote: Thu 30 Aug 2018 5:08pm
DrakeHuggins...lol.

Haven't missed DH. Was he really a Saints supporter? Very negative. Seemed to enjoy the club bleeding more than would bleed for the club.
Has the petition reached 32? Man the barricades!
No one asked you. What the bloody hell would you know anyway?

At least I'm not a damn troll!