Freeman delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wally
Club Player

Re: Freeman delisted

Could have kept him on a lesser 1 year deal to see how his body plays out .He'd prob take that.

I hope it doesn't play out like Dean Rice all those years ago.

A few clubs are looking at mature age recruits another good year in the VFL will spark more interest for him.

I wish him well.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Club took a gamble on him, it didn't work. Unlucky for Nathan and the club.

But in regards to the decision to delist him, it's pretty simple...

Is he in our best 22? No.

Will he get picked up by another club? No.

I hope there's plenty more tough decisions to come.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54am Someone posted a song of the same title, but this is the real one:
Yeah, nuh. Chloe Howl said it better.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:16am

I hope it doesn't play out like Dean Rice all those years ago.

OR Joel Smith? :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SoopaSaint
Club Player

Nathan Freeman deserves much more from life - other than hobbling around as a 30-years old on 'dickie' legs just because football could not deliver for him. NO - it is not the Saint's problem! It's not Collingwood's problem. Sadly football does this to some fine, outstanding young men. Remember Jason Snell at Geelong FC. Of course you don't... But it's what the 'industry' demands and some have to pay the price. Nathan is better than football - he has already shown that. He will succeed in whatever he chooses to do next and I hope goes with the best wishes of all football followers.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Look I feel horrible for Freezer but the uneducated melt down of some posters is just laughable.

Here are the facts:

The club under the watch of List Manager Tony Elshaug thought that Freeman was worth the risk.

He has been at the club for 3 years and managed 2 senior games.

The club under the watch of List Manager James Gallagher thinks that Freeman is not worth the risk.

Why employ Gallagher if we are not going to trust his decisions?

I just can't swallow people melting down at the club over this.
New personnel, new strategy.

This forum was jumping for joy when Elshaug left, but now wants the replacement to continue his legacy.

I guess haters are just going to hate.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SoopaSaint
Club Player

[quote=saintbob post_id=1753404 time=1535461878 user_id=17920]
I feel sad for the kid, I would’ve loved to have seen him really make it.
But he probably picked up 600-700k from us that he wasn’t going to earn anywhere else.

There should be no future for the following, if we are fair dinkum;

Minchington
Wright
Goddard
Joyce
Longer
Weller
[/quote]

Word is Michington to Hawthorn... Longer no longer interested in football... Wright is wrong... and Weller wants to go home.

SoopaSaint
Club Player

[quote=IluvHarvey post_id=1753476 time=1535499020 user_id=17962]
Look I feel horrible for Freezer but the uneducated melt down of some posters is just laughable.

Here are the facts:

The club under the watch of List Manager Tony Elshaug thought that Freeman was worth the risk.

The club under the watch of List Manager James Gallagher thinks that Freeman is not worth the risk.

This forum was jumping for joy when Elshaug left, but now wants the replacement to continue his legacy.

[/quote]

What he said!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Tue 28 Aug 2018 9:50pm http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/sai ... -two-games
FORMER No.10 draft pick Nathan Freeman has been delisted by St Kilda after just two AFL games.

The injury-plagued 23-year-old finally made his debut in round 21 and was dropped after a fortnight.
What the f***. Are you for real St Kilda.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Nathan Freeman’s about to be interviewed by Gerard Whately on SEN, should be worth listening too

saintadamski
Club Player

SoopaSaint wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:32am
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 10:30am Look I feel horrible for Freezer but the uneducated melt down of some posters is just laughable.

Here are the facts:

What he said!
No...here are the facts
HE WAS NEVER f****** GIVEN A f****** GO UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON....THEN WHEN HE FINALLY WAS GIVEN A f****** GO, HE PLAYED BETTER THAN HALF THE NOBS ON THE FIELD!!!!

...and now delisted, while the likes of Jack - 4 tackles in 7 games - Newnes plays on
How's that for a fact?!

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Someone correctly observed we are not a charity. But we do have some characteristics: non profit, support a number of injured people, kind to our enemies, rely on donations and sponsors, no comparative competitive advantage, nice working conditions for office staff, kindly soft spoken front man, philosophical about failure in fact appear to embrace it, no recriminations to those of the flock that fail basic articles of faith - like pass to team mate to advantage. I think Saints is an apt name.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Its the next day now. Time to move on and footy is brutal. Bad luck Freezer and thanks for your efforts son.

There will be more delistings. Gallagher and Lethers just need to start shaping the list for 2019 and prepare for the upcoming trade period in a few weeks.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Rocket
Club Player

Goddard and Wright gone

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:22am Is he in our best 22? No.
Name 21 better than him?

Based on his 2 games - and VFL Form?

Or better still - name 35 better than him - because a club does not exist from just 22 players.
He may be depth, he may be a future star - we do not know - and unless someone else picks him up and he tears it up - we will now never know.

For mine still a top 35 player

We are not a team who have potential stars knocking down the door. He may only be serviceable - but hell - what I would give for 22 serviceable players on the park each week of 2018.

We were Crap all of 2018 - and Freeman made us slightly less Crap.

Harsh Call for mine - there are others who should free up places on the list before Freeman.

Disclaimer - The club MAY know something that has not been shared with the public etc that may have forced the decision.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 12:24pm
Beno88 wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:22am Is he in our best 22? No.
Name 21 better than him?

Based on his 2 games - and VFL Form?

Or better still - name 35 better than him - because a club does not exist from just 22 players.
He may be depth, he may be a future star - we do not know - and unless someone else picks him up and he tears it up - we will now never know.

For mine still a top 35 player

We are not a team who have potential stars knocking down the door. He may only be serviceable - but hell - what I would give for 22 serviceable players on the park each week of 2018.

We were Crap all of 2018 - and Freeman made us slightly less Crap.

Harsh Call for mine - there are others who should free up places on the list before Freeman.

Disclaimer - The club MAY know something that has not been shared with the public etc that may have forced the decision.
There have been 29 named ahead of him the last two weeks. He may be depth, but you don't keep an injury prone player on your list for a fourth season because he may be depth. It's tough call, but we need to make plenty.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

lol ,this club,
So happy Im not paying my hard earned in membership every month to these bunch of <edited by mods>. I have too much self respect, and not enough money.
Im not a member anymore you say??!!!
Dont give a f***, fight me.

shrodes
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:15am Nathan Freeman’s about to be interviewed by Gerard Whately on SEN, should be worth listening too
What did he say?

guitars4
Club Player

Disappointed for Nathan but not surprised & I doubt we will be pick him up as a rookie so another wasted selection unfortunately :cry:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 9:55am
Sainternist wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54am Someone posted a song of the same title, but this is the real one:
Yeah, nuh. Chloe Howl said it better.
Of course, you are entitled to your (wrong) opinion and your bad tastes in music, IP Freely! :mrgreen:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
shrodes
SS Life Member

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/29/ ... o-swallow/
“I was told last night,” Freeman told SEN’s Whateley.

“It wasn’t great to hear the news but I could sort of read the tea leaves and see that it was coming.

“I said to the boys last night that I left no stone unturned, I had a crack and I can sleep easy knowing that I don’t have many regrets.

“I could sort of understand Richo’s reasoning for team balance going into the Hawthorn game and what we wanted to do with matchups.

“Looking back through the last two weeks I could sort of see the writing on the wall and it didn’t pan out from there.

“I hadn’t been specifically told, but I had a bit of gut feeling and it was a short and sharp meeting with Richo.

“He broke the news straight away and I would have preferred it that way to just tell me, I said my thanks and they said their thanks to me and we went our separate ways.

saintadamski
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:51pm https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/29/ ... o-swallow/
“I was told last night,” Freeman told SEN’s Whateley.

“It wasn’t great to hear the news but I could sort of read the tea leaves and see that it was coming.

“I said to the boys last night that I left no stone unturned, I had a crack and I can sleep easy knowing that I don’t have many regrets.

“I could sort of understand Richo’s reasoning for team balance going into the Hawthorn game and what we wanted to do with matchups.

“Looking back through the last two weeks I could sort of see the writing on the wall and it didn’t pan out from there.

“I hadn’t been specifically told, but I had a bit of gut feeling and it was a short and sharp meeting with Richo.

“He broke the news straight away and I would have preferred it that way to just tell me, I said my thanks and they said their thanks to me and we went our separate ways.
I hope Richo's sacking early next year is also SHORT AND SHARP...with a boot in his arse on the way out
Last edited by saintadamski on Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

repta
Club Player

Once the hamstrings went PING he was never going to get his pace back. Stupid decision by the Saints to think that they were ever going to get him right.
They better not make an even stupider one with Hannebury.
Do the Saints have a continual spot on the list for "we are better than the other clubs doctors and can get him right"?
List Freeman up with a long list of others that they have wasted time and effort on to try and get them right.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54pm Once the hamstrings went PING he was never going to get his pace back. Stupid decision by the Saints to think that they were ever going to get him right.
Do the Saints have a continual spot on the list for "we are better than the other clubs doctors and can get him right"?
List Freeman up with a long list of others that they have wasted time and effort on to try and get them right.
Had to take the punt and it didn't work it happens.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintadamski
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:57pm
repta wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 1:54pm Once the hamstrings went PING he was never going to get his pace back. Stupid decision by the Saints to think that they were ever going to get him right.
Had to take the punt and it didn't work it happens.
Didn't work??
Once again, he looked better in his 2 games than half of the other players on the field
The responses about him not working out make absolutely NO SENSE!

Delist Newnes, Delist Weller, Delist Sinclair, Delist Hickey etc etc etc....they were all far worse than him