McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

South-Road-End

Re: McCartin

I’ve been an observer on this forum for around 10 years now. I don’t post but I do like to get my footy fix and get the thoughts of fellow saints supporters on various topics. I look forward to reading about my team even more since moving to Florida in the USA 15 months ago.
Over the last few years I’ve noticed a lot of antagonism and general $hit stirring on this site. I got to tell you, it’s bloody boring and tiring reading this juvenile crap almost every thread. It really takes the enjoyment out of coming on to this site...... which I thought was about supporting and enjoying our mighty Saints.... as hard as that may be some years 😩. I thought that when you were part of a club, a belief, a common love, that you stick together especially when it’s something like St K F C, which takes a lot of strength and loyalty and resilience 😂
Seems that’s not the way on Saintsational.
I really would rather be reading about our team, our club, our passion than reading the constant bickering between a number of posters.
I really hope it stops and that we can just get on with our common love, the St K F C.
Just Say’n 😜

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 9:16pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 5:29pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:48pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:42pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 1:25pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:46pm Paddy is slowly building his game and tank. He is still very young for a big fella and will get better - especially after 50-75 games. Stop comparing him to Riewoldt and other forwards too. Its pointless and unfair.

The modern game doesn't help how Paddy plays either. I would hate to be a key forward with all the congestion going on each week.
He is two years older than Hipwood. 7cm shorter and has 50 less goals.

And don't tell me Hipwood gets silver service.
Actually its 37 less goals. Also, Hipwood, regardless of age, has played 11 more games and has played most of his games consecutively (match conditioning).

Of Paddy's games, 7 have been consecutive, aside from that he had 3 consecutive games once before. I'll also take a guess that Hipwood got more consecutive reserves footy before regularly playing AFL, Paddy also had spasmodic game time at VFL level.

Don't try and argue that Paddy has had as much development as Hipgood, because in match conditioning particularly, Paddy's had significantly less.

Your use of statistics is always selective or careless.

Lol.

Why has Paddy played fewer games?

Maybe because he is unfit, lacks awareness and lacks agility?

Aren't you the tough bully boy threatening to make everybody eat their words?
Don't know what you're laughing at, or is your deployment of LOL some sort of a involuntary spasm.

Paddy has played fewer games due to numerous concussions, a significant shoulder injury and if memory serves me correct, there has been another injury.

True, his fitness is nowhere near AFL level (although its steadily improving), given that his performances to date are actually remarkable. He shouldn't be getting a touch, given his fitness levels.

Lacks awareness & agility? Are you serious? His Footy IQ is through the roof, how often do you see him get lumbered? The frustrating thing about Membrey's poster howler (was it against Freo or Hawthorn?), is nobody remembers McCartin's kick to set it up, footballing genius, but nah, his got no awareness. He's also agile enough for a bloke his size and he's got a quick mind. Perhap's you could avail us of some examples of his lack of awareness and agility?

"Aren't you the tough bully boy threatening to make everybody eat their words?" Don't be too sure that I won't get that opportunity still. I see you've fully embraced the current trend of playing the victim, good luck with that, good to see you keep up with the times.

On a side note, I was recently perusing the general forum and noticed a post from sometime ago, suggesting you were employed by Sam Dastyari! (a thimbul of inellect in a sea of mindless ambition). If this info was correct then LOL x 1000, if only you knew who I was, it would aggravate you even more.
Not playing the victim at all.

Just calling you out for being a big mouth who can't back it up.

Big difference.

"Footy IQ is through the roof."
Really?
Sounds like more hollow weasel words and spin that you picked up from the marketing department.

Another gullible blow hard.
Always playing the man rather than the ball.

"Just calling you out for being a big mouth who can't back it up"
. Even if that assertion were true, how is that bullying? Not that your assertion is in anyway accurate.

I can't back things up? You asserted that McCartin has no awareness or agility, I asked you to back that up and you haven't. Let me reassert how glad I am that we took him ahead of Petracca, the Clayton's Jack Billings.

I see you haven't denied you work/ed for Dastyari. If that's the case, then your the one immersed in a world of weasle words and sham marketing. A world full of gullible blow hards, with Dastyari been the greatest dimwitted blowhard of them all.

I'm in no way associated with the St Kilda FC or anyone from the Club other than been a member. The fact you only show up here in the event of a loss or other negative occurance is peculiar. You were very active in the first 10 minutes of the Melb match, then disappeared like a puff of smoke. So who's got the agenda mate?

South-Road-End

I’ve been an observer of Saintsational for about 10 years now, albeit from afar. I come here to feel connected to like minded individuals whom share the same passion, The STK FC. I’ve been a supporter since I was 4 years old and that puts me close to 46 years supporting the Saints.
I know the trials and tribulations, the heartache and the euphoria of following this enigmatic club. I’ve not posted in the past as I like to participate from a distance. But today I’ve decided that I wanted to voice my opinion on a growing trend I’ve seen happening. That is, the constant bickering and in fighting, the name calling and slanging matches. It really has become quite boring and tiresome and certainly doesn’t make for an enjoyable visit.
At the end of the day, we’re all here for the love of our common interest, our passion, our sentence 😂.
We’re here because we share the common love of something that you can’t explain to ppl who aren’t into footy...... I have been living in Florida USA for the past 15 months...... and they don’t get the passion that we have for our game. I really would rather come on here and read about our team, our players, our club than to read the constant in fighting that seems to follow a certain few posters around.
Just say’n for what it’s worth.
Go Sainters!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 2:11pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 9:16pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 5:29pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:48pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 2:42pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 1:25pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:46pm Paddy is slowly building his game and tank. He is still very young for a big fella and will get better - especially after 50-75 games. Stop comparing him to Riewoldt and other forwards too. Its pointless and unfair.

The modern game doesn't help how Paddy plays either. I would hate to be a key forward with all the congestion going on each week.
He is two years older than Hipwood. 7cm shorter and has 50 less goals.

And don't tell me Hipwood gets silver service.
Actually its 37 less goals. Also, Hipwood, regardless of age, has played 11 more games and has played most of his games consecutively (match conditioning).

Of Paddy's games, 7 have been consecutive, aside from that he had 3 consecutive games once before. I'll also take a guess that Hipwood got more consecutive reserves footy before regularly playing AFL, Paddy also had spasmodic game time at VFL level.

Don't try and argue that Paddy has had as much development as Hipgood, because in match conditioning particularly, Paddy's had significantly less.

Your use of statistics is always selective or careless.

Lol.

Why has Paddy played fewer games?

Maybe because he is unfit, lacks awareness and lacks agility?

Aren't you the tough bully boy threatening to make everybody eat their words?
Don't know what you're laughing at, or is your deployment of LOL some sort of a involuntary spasm.

Paddy has played fewer games due to numerous concussions, a significant shoulder injury and if memory serves me correct, there has been another injury.

True, his fitness is nowhere near AFL level (although its steadily improving), given that his performances to date are actually remarkable. He shouldn't be getting a touch, given his fitness levels.

Lacks awareness & agility? Are you serious? His Footy IQ is through the roof, how often do you see him get lumbered? The frustrating thing about Membrey's poster howler (was it against Freo or Hawthorn?), is nobody remembers McCartin's kick to set it up, footballing genius, but nah, his got no awareness. He's also agile enough for a bloke his size and he's got a quick mind. Perhap's you could avail us of some examples of his lack of awareness and agility?

"Aren't you the tough bully boy threatening to make everybody eat their words?" Don't be too sure that I won't get that opportunity still. I see you've fully embraced the current trend of playing the victim, good luck with that, good to see you keep up with the times.

On a side note, I was recently perusing the general forum and noticed a post from sometime ago, suggesting you were employed by Sam Dastyari! (a thimbul of inellect in a sea of mindless ambition). If this info was correct then LOL x 1000, if only you knew who I was, it would aggravate you even more.
Not playing the victim at all.

Just calling you out for being a big mouth who can't back it up.

Big difference.

"Footy IQ is through the roof."
Really?
Sounds like more hollow weasel words and spin that you picked up from the marketing department.

Another gullible blow hard.
Always playing the man rather than the ball.

"Just calling you out for being a big mouth who can't back it up"
. Even if that assertion were true, how is that bullying? Not that your assertion is in anyway accurate.

I can't back things up? You asserted that McCartin has no awareness or agility, I asked you to back that up and you haven't. Let me reassert how glad I am that we took him ahead of Petracca, the Clayton's Jack Billings.

I see you haven't denied you work/ed for Dastyari. If that's the case, then your the one immersed in a world of weasle words and sham marketing. A world full of gullible blow hards, with Dastyari been the greatest dimwitted blowhard of them all.

I'm in no way associated with the St Kilda FC or anyone from the Club other than been a member. The fact you only show up here in the event of a loss or other negative occurance is peculiar. You were very active in the first 10 minutes of the Melb match, then disappeared like a puff of smoke. So who's got the agenda mate?
LL, just put Con G on your foe list like I did this morning. Its really good not to be able to see his stupid avatar and constant negative comments anymore. I did the same with SaintPav who is follows me around on here like a little lamb. Their BS has just becoming boring and tiring.

Sure the mods will be happy also...plus I'm not a female.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

And people ask why posters leave this site.
This is a classic example of a thread that has become irrelevant and unreadable due to a number of posters caught up in their own pissing contest.

Nothing against healthy debate but anything above that is just childish and pathetic.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 2:26pm
Sure the mods will be happy also...plus I'm not a female.
You sound like a whinny school girl.

But hallelujah!

You just made my day!

You give as good as you get, so get the f*** off your moral high horse.

Hypocrite.

What's the bet you take a peek at this post because you can't help yourself!

100%.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 3:01pm And people ask why posters leave this site.
This is a classic example of a thread that has become irrelevant and unreadable due to a number of posters caught up in their own pissing contest.

Nothing against healthy debate but anything above that is just childish and pathetic.
Lol.

You've actually became part of the problem now, so you too can get off your f****** moral high horse.

Priceless.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Yep - Childish and Pathetic

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Case in point, hypocrite.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

what was this thread about again ?

takeaway
Club Player

silverhalo wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 11:47pm
takeaway wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 9:08pm Paddy has been a GREAT No.1 pick. Has generated so much discussion in media and on forums like SS, probably much more entertaining than him averaging 4 goals a game on the field.

I see his contract expires in 2020, Saints should be looking to give him a 3 year extension asap, while he is injured and before his value skyrockets.
This is tongue in cheek right?????
Yes, tongue in cheek, just having a go at the amount of inane content in this thread.

Actually if the above comment was made later next year, it may not be tongue in cheek. I reckon Paddy is our best future option for a tall target forward by some margin, especially if anti congestion rules are introduced next year. Haven't seen enough of Battle yet, did some things against a pretty poor Carlton, but who didn't?
Bruce hit his peak a couple of years ago, and I think Paddy can go past that level. Marshall will always be a forward/ruck, not a permanent forward, I think. Membrey is not competing with Paddy, very good 3rd forward, even 2nd.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 5:06pm
takeaway wrote: Thu 19 Jul 2018 9:08pm Paddy has been a GREAT No.1 pick. Has generated so much discussion in media and on forums like SS, probably much more entertaining than him averaging 4 goals a game on the field.

I see his contract expires in 2020, Saints should be looking to give him a 3 year extension asap, while he is injured and before his value skyrockets.
Yes, tongue in cheek, just having a go at the amount of inane content in this thread.

Actually if the above comment was made later next year, it may not be tongue in cheek. I reckon Paddy is our best future option for a tall target forward by some margin, especially if anti congestion rules are introduced next year. Haven't seen enough of Battle yet, did some things against a pretty poor Carlton, but who didn't?
Bruce hit his peak a couple of years ago, and I think Paddy can go past that level. Marshall will always be a forward/ruck, not a permanent forward, I think. Membrey is not competing with Paddy, very good 3rd forward, even 2nd.
I don't want to be that guy but I think you mean Marshall not Battle.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 5:06pm

Battle missed against Carlton. He hasn’t played since the Melbourne game 3 weeks ago.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway:

The only reason you percieve that Bruce 'hit his peak' was because Richo used him as a second ruck and he played a role supporting Paddy's development in 2015/2016 and supporting the inclusion of a hobbling legend in Riewoldt who was in his final year in 2017.

Bruce was an outstanding KPF for us when that was his only role. He'll be like a gun new recruit for the team in 2019.

Personally I think Membrey can be the #1 tall target because he is a natural footballer (similar to Paddy) but he is fitter at the moment, better balanced, seems to win a lot of 1-1 contests, and is a more reliable kick.

Paddy needs to earn the right to take the #1 mantle off these guys in my opinion

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 5:30pm takeaway:

The only reason you percieve that Bruce 'hit his peak' was because Richo used him as a second ruck and he played a role supporting Paddy's development in 2015/2016 and supporting the inclusion of a hobbling legend in Riewoldt who was in his final year in 2017.

Bruce was an outstanding KPF for us when that was his only role. He'll be like a gun new recruit for the team in 2019.

Personally I think Membrey can be the #1 tall target because he is a natural footballer (similar to Paddy) but he is fitter at the moment, better balanced, seems to win a lot of 1-1 contests, and is a more reliable kick.

Paddy needs to earn the right to take the #1 mantle off these guys in my opinion
I agree Membrey is currently the best forward, but is much better as 2nd or 3rd forward "tall" forward, with a taller guy needed to go up in the packs to try for marks, otherwise get the ball to ground, as well as leading. That is Bruce, Marshall & Paddy and I think Paddy will prove to be the best option. Bruce hit his peak in 2015, kicked 50, and from memory was permanent forward, not part time ruck. Paddy I am sure played only a handful of games in 2015. I was saying I think Paddy can go higher than Bruce's 2015 level. It would be good to to have Bruce back as a permanent forward, it will probably be between him & Paddy.

Agree, Paddy needs to earn his spot.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Good interview with Paddy on Triple M's the Rub.

Don't have the link handy but it's on thr St Kilda podcast feed.

Talked about his Lisfranc injury, losing 2-3kgs in his time off, morale around the club (not as bad as you'd think), how the players take the coach departures, and a lot about dealing with diabetes.

He seems upbeat and had a good bit about his injury setbacks but just being happy to be playing footy.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, not a bad life and a nice little salary to boot

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 6:53pm Good interview with Paddy on Triple M's the Rub.

Talked about his Lisfranc injury, losing 2-3kgs in his time off, morale around the club (not as bad as you'd think), how the players take the coach departures, and a lot about dealing with diabetes.

He seems upbeat and had a good bit about his injury setbacks but just being happy to be playing footy.
Interesting re losing some kegs. I wonder if that means he is trying to get his endurance up or load off.

older saint
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 6:53pm Good interview with Paddy on Triple M's the Rub.

Was a really good read on the transcript. Did make me wonder how much homework we really did about the Diabetes as he talked about having to eat Lollies to control his levels and the effect on weight this has.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why lollies? Why not fructose or dates or dried paw paw? What research has been done between the natural sugars provided by dried fruit versus the sucrose provided by lollies?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 6:01pm
Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Jul 2018 5:30pm takeaway:

I agree Membrey is currently the best forward, but is much better as 2nd or 3rd forward "tall" forward, with a taller guy needed to go up in the packs to try for marks, otherwise get the ball to ground, as well as leading. That is Bruce, Marshall & Paddy and I think Paddy will prove to be the best option. Bruce hit his peak in 2015, kicked 50, and from memory was permanent forward, not part time ruck. Paddy I am sure played only a handful of games in 2015. I was saying I think Paddy can go higher than Bruce's 2015 level. It would be good to to have Bruce back as a permanent forward, it will probably be between him & Paddy.

Agree, Paddy needs to earn his spot.

I think it may come down to durability between those two and the more durable may prove to be Bruce.

But I definitely agree that Paddy cannot consider himself a walk-up start based on 2014 draft position.

He needs to be told he’s fighting for a spot against Bruce, Battle and possibly Marshall and that decisions will be made based on form.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

On BF someone claimed that Paddy played much of the year with a broken thumb.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 8:32pm

Was a really good read on the transcript. Did make me wonder how much homework we really did about the Diabetes as he talked about having to eat Lollies to control his levels and the effect on weight this has.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=264024

South-Road-End

As I father of a teenage boy who has T1D, I know how hard it is to manage the fluctuations in blood sugar levels. It's a juggling act of not letting it get too low nor too high... both are dangerous to the individuals Health. My son played football right through his junior career including being picked in the Sandy Dragons squads and it was a credit to himself and also I guess (us) is parents, that he did so well.
Paddy McCartin will be getting an A1 health plan from the club, plus he will probably still be in contact with his hospital Disbetes educator who monitor he's management especially if he uses a pump, which stores all his info, including all hypo's and Hypers.
And ummmm, no dates and natural sugars such as fruit, don't help 😬
Anyway just thought I'd share as there is a lot of unknowns about T1D

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Overweight and lazy

Posting 20 years of holey crap!