Hanners Watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Hanners Watch

Considering we are a big chance (apparantly) to land him and we want him, Hanners Watch has started.

V Melbourne
26 disposals. 12 kicks. 14 handballs. 1 goal. 9 contested posessions. 4 marks. 3 tackles.

Good first game back from a bloke that is apparantly cooked physically (lol at the online medicos) and has hardly played all year.

We would be mad not to try snare him at the right price.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hanners Watch

Gave away a silly free kick and also handballed to a group of three demons which resulted in a goal.

Not impressed

Saintly66
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:30pm Considering we are a big chance (apparantly) to land him and we want him, Hanners Watch has started.

V Melbourne
26 disposals. 12 kicks. 14 handballs. 1 goal. 9 contested posessions. 4 marks. 3 tackles.

Good first game back from a bloke that is apparantly cooked physically (lol at the online medicos) and has hardly played all year.

Don’t forget if you have access to the internet, a keyboard and a wild imagination you too can be a medico.
Some of the drivel people spurt out on here is laughable, I’m with you on this one.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:34pm Gave away a silly free kick and also handballed to a group of three demons which resulted in a goal.

Not impressed
Fair enough Saynta. He would still slot into our best midfield.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Saintly66 wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:51pm
parkeysainter wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:30pm Considering we are a big chance (apparantly) to land him and we want him, Hanners Watch has started.

V Melbourne

Don’t forget if you have access to the internet, a keyboard and a wild imagination you too can be a medico.
Some of the drivel people spurt out on here is laughable, I’m with you on this one.
Yep. Dr Googles. 😂

dragit
Saintsational Legend

No doubt El Chapo will be playing his absolute heart out these last few games in order to secure a 5 year deal.

We think Armo is cooked and he just turned 30, but want to sign up hanners till he is 33... despite struggling with his body and form for 2 years, because he is mates with lethers?

Can't see this going pear shaped.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I have no problem with getting him on a hugely front-ended contract. Who else would our massive budget surplus be going to?
Last edited by The_Dud on Sun 12 Aug 2018 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Still looked slow now.

Is he really the type of mid that we will need and will make a difference...or is the club just desperate to land a "name" player?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Riewoldt and Montagna supports recruiting Hanners and not just for his footy talents obviously. That is a glowing endorsement IMO and they reckon Hanners is exactly what we need. A tough and good footy player that can help lead the kids.

Since when was a 27 year old anyway. The above 2 stars played good footy well into their early 30's for example.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 9:15pm I have no problem with getting him on a hugely front-ended contract. Who else would our massive budget surpluses be going to?
Logic says we front end Armo, Mav and Brown on unprecedented deals.

Bachar Houli looks cooked, also Sharenberg did his third knee last week, Alex Johsnon just did his 6th… plenty of options if we are looking at the perpetually injured.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:53pmYep. Dr Googles. 😂
Dr Goggles will tell you enough.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 8:17pm No doubt El Chapo will be playing his absolute heart out these last few games in order to secure a 5 year deal.

We think Armo is cooked and he just turned 30, but want to sign up hanners till he is 33... despite struggling with his body and form for 2 years, because he is mates with lethers?

Can't see this going pear shaped.
+1

Nee!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

V Melbourne

Are we in the box seat to land Hanners Parkeysainter?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

What leadership value does Brown, Armo and Gilbert offer us 2019+? Serious question, partly because soft-tissue injury prone players nearer 30 are often plagued forever. Disclaimer: zer knowledge about sports medicine.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

And I’m referring to Hanners about the soft-tissue thing

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 10:28pm

V Melbourne

Are we in the box seat to land Hanners Parkeysainter?
Pretty much if he decides to come back to Melbourne. He isn't a FA of course. The Suns are sniffing a little bit, but are no chance. He has a connection with Lethers believe it or not.

Some snippets from fox sports article:

The Saints have put it on the record that they are interested in the premiership player, and the club are in the box seat to land Hannebery, given footy boss Simon Lethlean’s personal connections with him through Xavier College.

“Dan’s a person I know pretty well so I’m able to have frank conversations with him at the right time,” Lethlean said.

“He’ll need, and the Swans will need, for him to be prepared to leave the club.

“If we get an indication that he is then we’ll certainly talk to him. We’ll have to do strong due diligence on his medical fitness.

“We’d be keen to talk to him if he wanted to leave Sydney. I’ve certainly spoken to his management.”

Injury hampered, Hannebery has had arguably the worst season of his career, averaging just 18.4 possessions per game.

But St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt believes Hannebery would be a sound investment, regardless of the financial impact.

“I think with any player that’s shown that they’re capable of playing at a really high level, to get them across you’re going to have to pay a premium,” Riewoldt said.

“I’d rather overpay slightly players that are proven good players than overpay average players that currently exist on your list.”

silverhalo
Club Player

Not what we need....definite no from me

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood and Daisy Thomas. Carlton and Daisy Thomas. Does this have any relevance?

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

V Melbourne

I remember all the forumites a year back saying Jaeger Omeara was a bust due to his patella tendonitis; well he’s back playing good footy. The seasons nearly over and will give Hanaberry a chance to recuperate further and get a good pre season in. Rooey’s and Montagna’s edorsement surely has the gravitas for Hanaberry to be given consideration. His leadership and experience.(and boy do we need it) in the midfield alone would be a valuable asset. We need to trust that the club will do its due dilligence. If we can get him, go for it!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Trade speculation is interesting!

Would swap Hannebery for McCartin. Both could be a body bust. McCartin has more upside. Hannebery has better track record. We made to top up with a third or fourth round draft pick and / or pay some of McCartin's contract to make this happen.

Then I would want Mitch McGovern and (estimated) pick 8 for (estimated) pick 5 plus Luke Dunstan who the Crows would see as an understudy for Sloan. Plus that secures Adelaide one of the two SA born guns in the draft. Assuming the Suns take the King bros.

Longer for a late second would be good from GWS or Geelong. A team with a deep midfield would love his bollocking service without the need for him to get his own ball.

Gaff as a free agent is a must. Front ended contract

IN: Gaff, Hannebery, McGovern, late 2nd round paick
OUT: Longer, Dunstan, McCartin, early 4th round pick

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
stonecold
SS Life Member

BackFromUSA wrote: Mon 13 Aug 2018 12:34am Trade speculation is interesting!

Would swap Hannebery for McCartin. Both could be a body bust. McCartin has more upside. Hannebery has better track record. We made to top up with a third or fourth round draft pick and / or pay some of McCartin's contract to make this happen.

Then I would want Mitch McGovern and (estimated) pick 8 for (estimated) pick 5 plus Luke Dunstan who the Crows would see as an understudy for Sloan. Plus that secures Adelaide one of the two SA born guns in the draft. Assuming the Suns take the King bros.

Longer for a late second would be good from GWS or Geelong. A team with a deep midfield would love his bollocking service without the need for him to get his own ball.

Your close!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Saintly66 wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 7:51pm

V Melbourne

So you “experts” are now basing the entire debate around one game this year. How many swans games have you actually watched this year?

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
groupie1
Club Player

Don't mind it if we could get 1st pick to get Lukocious as a tall forward.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Black hat on...

Why would Sydney want McCartin? They have one already, plus Franklin.

Why would Adelaide want Dunstan? The dude can't even get a game in our midfield!! I'm afraid I can't see anyone club giving up anything to get him.

The only hope we have of anyone giving any of value for Longer, is if they don't actually watch him play or look at his stats. He's the big, crash and bash tap ruckman that many clubs want and need - the problem is that he doesn't crash and bash and he doesn't get hitouts. If he did - he'd be playing in our firsts every week.

Gaff won't leave. I'd be shocked if he did after the recent events.

We need to get a guy like Hannebury, and we need to get new coaches in. Without new coaches, the list is almost irrelevant in my opinion. No player could thrive under our current system.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 12 Aug 2018 10:58pm Collingwood and Daisy Thomas. Carlton and Daisy Thomas. Does this have any relevance?
Yellow hat on:

Hawthorn and Burgoyne?