5 years Dan Hannebery?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: 5 years Dan Hannebery?

Been away for a few days and missed the match (luckily?), but have seen the replay. The SS herd certainly have the club charging off a cliff again going by other threads. Whew!

I think it might be a smart move going after Hannebery, subject to medical clearance. Very hard to get A graders, or near A graders, who have good experience, and are hard nuts like Hannebery.
Maybe it is sensible to go after good players that are a bit on the outer because of injury/form/salary cap issues - do we get them cheaper if we use some of our salary cap space to help the Swans ease theirs? I certainly wouldn't give up a first round draft pick though.

In the game vs Bulldogs, we lost our tallest marking forward early, but did not adjust entry into the forward line, with only Membrey and occasionally Acres as marking targets (often against at least 2). Then, worse, we lost our only ruckman, yet did not really adjust in the centre or boundary throw ins. Obviously, we were going to lose most ruck contests, but we did not seem to man up more, or even rove to the opposition ruck! Carlisle was tried after half time, but not really a ruckman, and of course Beveridge threw Roughhead & co down forward, which disrupted our backs - Brown, the only tall mostly took Roughhead, or the tallest, and Webster or the like were stuck with Schache, then the Bont came down, and they got a run on.

There are coaching and selection issues there, but also on field leadership - Hannebery is the type I think to help - what would Lenny Hayes have done when the dogs were rampaging out of the centre in the 3rd? At the very least, charged in, even given away a free kick and held the ball to slow the momentum. Goddard would at least point fingers and spat the dummy - but younger players would react to that. Even (dare I say it) Geary could have gone into the centre and ruffled things up a bit. We are short of experienced leadership (only Jack Steven in the team from the pre 2010 period), and senior players like Hannebery would add a bit of nous, mongrel, composure, especially when needed.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:28pm So, all the same usual suspects on here complain about nothing from the club in terms securing players, now we have a Big Name mentioned and he and the deal is no good, typical!....
I know, actually nice to have some potentially good news. I swear some just enjoy been depressed, or it becomes a habit.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:33pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:28pm So, all the same usual suspects on here complain about nothing from the club in terms securing players, now we have a Big Name mentioned and he and the deal is no good, typical!....
I know, actually nice to have some potentially good news. I swear some just enjoy been depressed, or it becomes a habit.
Gives me the s***s really, I know it's tough times, but some sad sacks on here!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Can’t get to repeat contests on the SCG. Treacle slow. A shadow of the player he was. Go to any Sydney board and see what their fans have to say about him. They’re crazy with excitement at the prospect of any transfer at all of his employment.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Hemi Baxter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:41pm Can’t get to repeat contests on the SCG. Treacle slow. A shadow of the player he was. Go to any Sydney board and see what their fans have to say about him. They’re crazy with excitement at the prospect of any transfer at all of his employment.
That's cause he is injured, I'm not saying take him, also, fans are just that Fans, look at some of our fans on here!!!!!

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Sorry, forgot to add that he is small, a poor kick and has suffered from a range of differing medium-term soft tissue injuries and OP over the last two years.
Beams actually wants to come back to Melbourne. Pies can’t afford him. Is still a wonderful player, great kick, goal-kicking mid etc etc

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

But Stonecold he’s going like a busted arse. Even the more level headed forum fans have called for him to be dropped so he can have an extended break to see if he can recover some vitality. His form looks a lot like Armo’s. Says he’s over OP but looks like it limits his training at best.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Hemi Baxter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:56pm But Stonecold he’s going like a busted arse. Even the more level headed forum fans have called for him to be dropped so he can have an extended break to see if he can recover some vitality. His form looks a lot like Armo’s. Says he’s over OP but looks like it limits his training at best.
I'd certainly take Beams, that's for sure!!!!!

Not saying take Hanna's, just saying at least the club is looking!!!!!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Exactly mate. There is ALWAYS something wrong! A constant state of depression. A mate of mine said this place and some of its posters suffer from some kind of human syndrome. I can't remember the name, but I will research it.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:28pm
Exactly mate. There is ALWAYS something wrong! A constant state of depression. A mate of mine said this place and some of its posters suffer from some kind of human syndrome. I can't remember the name, but I will research it.
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

I think that's what its called, also can be known as: Nevergracedthefieldbefore!!!!! ;)

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:33pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

I think that's what its called, also can be known as: Nevergracedthefieldbefore!!!!! ;)
Lol. 😂

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
dragit
Saintsational Legend

There is definitely some reality atrophy happening, also known as lollipop-rainbowitis

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:05am
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 9:33pm Parkeysainter, can you confirm if we are in the box seat for Hannebury?
On the couch reporter stated that Dan was on 800 thousand but the club was willing to pay 200 thousand of that if the right deal came up.

He's get-able as the swine want to get rid of him. Has dodgy groins but tied up for three years.

A liability we cannot aford I'm afraid.
Reminds me of the days when all the old Carlton premiership players retired at Moorabbin.
The likes of Sheldon & McConville certainly brought a level of professionalism at the time lacking at the Saints.

I agree a big offer to Hannebury at his age and current playing status would be dangerous at best.
If we want to make big offers I'd prefer some young players with upside.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Is stevo salopek still getting around?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Go youth
Any sight if injury ravaged damaged goods ain’t good
Some are so desperate for a name they’ll take anyone
Jess Smith?

“Yeah….nah””
DJ Higgins
Club Player

"His foot skills have been worse than any other midfielder in the AFL with his kick rating at -14.3 per cent." from AFL.com
Basically he is below average this year in a big way. below average in most stats and getting injuries. Yep he will fit right in

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:42pm Jess Smith?
Good rookie option - only 31 YO, his ankle still might come good.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:40pm Is stevo salopek still getting around?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ha ha ha ha ha! GOLD! Ha ha ha ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:51pm Sorry, forgot to add that he is small, a poor kick and has suffered from a range of differing medium-term soft tissue injuries and OP over the last two years.
Beams actually wants to come back to Melbourne. Pies can’t afford him. Is still a wonderful player, great kick, goal-kicking mid etc etc
Beams is the perfect player for us.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:38pm
saynta wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 12:05am
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 06 Aug 2018 9:33pm Parkeysainter, can you confirm if we are in the box seat for Hannebury?
On the couch reporter stated that Dan was on 800 thousand but the club was willing to pay 200 thousand of that if the right deal came up.

He's get-able as the swine want to get rid of him. Has dodgy groins but tied up for three years.

A liability we cannot aford I'm afraid.
Reminds me of the days when all the old Carlton premiership players retired at Moorabbin.
The likes of Sheldon & McConville certainly brought a level of professionalism at the time lacking at the Saints.

I agree a big offer to Hannebury at his age and current playing status would be dangerous at best.
If we want to make big offers I'd prefer some young players with upside.
He's only 27 isn't he?

He'll either be a Burgoyne, or a Freeman. Or maybe a Wells.

I think we should get him if we can - but only under a new coaching team. There's no point otherwise.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 1:38pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Its real name is called NAS - Negative Affect Syndrome.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:47pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)
Not joining anyone, just having an opinion, do ya have a problem with that?????

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 3:10pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:47pm
Armchairexpertious!!!!!

Lol. 😂
Not joining anyone, just having an opinion, do ya have a problem with that?????
The Negative Nutters just don't know how to handle you SC. You spook them so they try put a label or sticker on you or put you in a group, but it never sticks.

I will be interested on your thoughts to see how Pearce and Marshall go this week. I reckon both will play.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Scollop wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:47pm If Stonecold is gunna join you and agree with you and takeaway on these threads then I need to find a new movie and some new names for you guys. First names that spring to mind are Larry Moe and Curly ( apologies to the forum member CURLY)
can we run a poll ?
my vote:
TweedleDee
Tweedledum
&
Twinkey Dumber

<warning for baiting>

Seeya