Sack the coach Tomorrow!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DWOODROW
Club Player

Re: Sack the coach Tomorrow!

Yep
Last edited by DWOODROW on Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:49am, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I’m pleased to hear that Dwoodro.

It can only mean mass sackings of coaches.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
DWOODROW
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:59pm I’m pleased to hear that Dwoodro.

It can only mean mass sackings of coaches.
But unfortunately the two that need to go most likely wont

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Lonie had 9 tackles and the best ranked game of his career two weeks ago, give him a break.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:47pm
Devilhead wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:40pm
DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:16pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:06pm
DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:08pm
milney044 wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:05pm Dwoodrow i was thinking Dave must have had a niggle or something because i cant for the life of me figure out why he's been dropped or why he's the scapegoat!? He's been one of our more solid players.. the mind boggles
Makes 3 of us
Richo is big on Pressure Acts and Dave was well down with only 8. Richo is not smart enough to know if we maintain possession with attacking footy with dont have to chase tails all night.
Not sure if you noticed that he was playing a good game had good possessions in the first qtr playing against Martin but then for some reason as ST Kilda do when dave is playing a good game they leave him on the bench for 8 mins in the second qtr just for something to do. Then they manage him for how they think he is going without asking him how he is actually going. The club as a whole are a f***ed unit. I’ve tried to withhold my anger and thoughts but the club is a shambles.
Good luck for the future but it’s going to be a long time before there is any glory at St Kilda
Not that I think Dave shouldnt be in the the team but Dusty destroyed us in that 1st quarter .... just sayin

Richo was on the bench surely he asks or knows why he spent 8 mins on the bench or at least tells him he is good to go?
No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles
So the coaches are trying to save their own hides by NOT telling players why they were omitted?

Sorry that doesn't compute - how would that help the coaches?

Why wouldn't Dave seek clarification as to why he benched after the gam or dropped for this week?

Surely you can approach the coaches and seek reasoning? Surely their stock answer is not none of your beeswax?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
DWOODROW
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:09pm
milney044 wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:05pm Dwoodrow i was thinking Dave must have had a niggle or something because i cant for the life of me figure out why he's been dropped or why he's the scapegoat!? He's been one of our more solid players.. the mind boggles
Makes 3 of us
Richo is big on Pressure Acts and Dave was well down with only 8. Richo is not smart enough to know if we maintain possession with attacking footy with dont have to chase tails all night.
Not sure if you noticed that he was playing a good game had good possessions in the first qtr playing against Martin but then for some reason as ST Kilda do when dave is playing a good game they leave him on the bench for 8 mins in the second qtr just for something to do. Then they manage him for how they think he is going without asking him how he is actually going. The club as a whole are a f***ed unit. I’ve tried to withhold my anger and thoughts but the club is a shambles.
Good luck for the future but it’s going to be a long time before there is any glory at St Kilda
Not that I think Dave shouldnt be in the the team but Dusty destroyed us in that 1st quarter .... just sayin

Richo was on the bench surely he asks or knows why he spent 8 mins on the bench or at least tells him he is good to go?
No actually doesn’t tell him till this afternoon why he isn’t required. Dusty played very well but Dave had a good first qtr as well. Not saying dave is the answer just saying the coaches are not up front with the playing group. No reasons why not selected. No reasons why going with someone else. No communication at all really. As far as I am concerned s*** leadership from the top and s*** unity as a team in general . Everyone is just trying to save their own hides. Club are a shambles
So the coaches are trying to save their own hides by NOT telling players why they were omitted?

Why wouldn't Dave seek clarification as to why he benched after the gam or dropped for this week?

Surely you can approach the coaches and seek reasoning? Surely their stock answer is not none of your beeswax?
Yeah sorry I only spoke to him two hours ago. I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Good luck on Saturday

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
now he drops him for youth he's playing favourites again?
give the fella a bit of slack, he's probably the best coach we've had for seven years!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
DWOODROW
Club Player

Makes 3 of us

Also Dave accepts the decision and moves on
Last edited by DWOODROW on Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:50am, edited 1 time in total.

DWOODROW
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:15pm hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
give the fella a bit of slack, he's probably the best coach we've had for seven years!
Yep showing how good a coach he is by St Jilda being 16 on the ladder. Go saints :roll:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:21pm
desertsaint wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:15pm hild on. when richo played armo half of us were whinging he was playing favourites.
Yep showing how good a coach he is by St Jilda being 16 on the ladder. Go saints :roll:
Brereton on sen today said St Kilda has a defeatist attitude in our DNA that carries on forever. How can some teams win so often and then other teams win one premiership in 100 years?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
chico2001
Club Player

dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:06pm Lonie had 9 tackles and the best ranked game of his career two weeks ago, give him a break.
It was one out of the box, he tackled fiercely. No-one likes to dog their own players but Lonie is just not to the level you want from a guy who has been given a lot of chances. A very good reserves player. He just has to kick a goal or 2 every game, forget all that lockdown/tackling stuff...goals win matches.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:19pm
Makes 3 of us

Also Dave accepts the decision and moves on not like some of the Brown noses that suck ass and get gifted games. Approaches coaches regularly and get gets limp dick pathetic excuses
Ok so the coaches do provide reasoning

Assume then we will see Dave see out his contract ..... if he is accepting these decisions?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
axcellence
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:39pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:27pm Lonie, Gilbo and Weller

:shock:
Savage, Newnes,Dunstan and Lonie...
Gilbert, Brown in a bottom 4 team as post 30 year old auto selections

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:21pm
I understand your loyalty to your brother but how does Dave feel about you mouthing off on a public forum? I don’t think you’re doing him any favours.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I would say it’s because he came in and played 3 good games in a row to a standard many fans including myself thought he wasn’t capable of reaching.

After this stint, I’m satisfied Armo ain’t done

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:45am
dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:06pm Lonie had 9 tackles and the best ranked game of his career two weeks ago, give him a break.
It was one out of the box, he tackled fiercely. No-one likes to dog their own players but Lonie is just not to the level you want from a guy who has been given a lot of chances. A very good reserves player. He just has to kick a goal or 2 every game, forget all that lockdown/tackling stuff...goals win matches.
If Weller was out of the team, this would be less of an issue.

To be honest, Weller should have gone and Lonie stayed 2 weeks ago

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:35pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:27pm
dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:23pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:21pm Weller & Hickey must lead charmed lives. No one should ever keep their spot after the games they had last week.

Armitage dropped, probably because of the monstering we got in midfield, so how does Hickey survive?
Because Hickey matched his opponent in hitouts, hitouts to advantage, disposals, contested possessions and we won clearances.
Hickey was totally monstered by Nankervis.
Sounds scary, in which quantifiable metric?
Give me a moment when he had any impact.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 12:59pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:21pm Weller & Hickey must lead charmed lives. No one should ever keep their spot after the games they had last week.

Armitage dropped, probably because of the monstering we got in midfield, so how does Hickey survive?
Because Hickey matched his opponent in hitouts, hitouts to advantage, disposals, contested possessions and we won clearances.
which one of these ruckmen was 'monstered'?

ruckman A

27 hitouts
10 hitouts to advantage
50 % hitouts won
18 disposals @66%
7 contested possessions
3 marks
0 contested marks
3 clearances
31 team clearances

ruckman B

24 hitouts
7 hitouts to advantage
49 % hitouts won
17 disposals @76%
10 contested possessions
6 marks
2 contested marks
4 clearances
37 team clearances

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 1:23pm

ruckman A

27 hitouts
10 hitouts to advantage
50 % hitouts won
18 disposals @66%
7 contested possessions
3 marks
0 contested marks
3 clearances
31 team clearances

ruckman B

24 hitouts
7 hitouts to advantage
49 % hitouts won
17 disposals @76%
10 contested possessions
6 marks
2 contested marks
4 clearances
37 team clearances
Goodluck getting anyone to debate the stats above in isolation without blurting out the same old drivel about 'being strong in the contest'. I am confident that you will not get a reply to argue that the 2 contested marks that Nank took influenced the result of the match and justified Linton Lodger claiming he was 'totally monstered'.

Perhaps the 3 reasons why Hickey was monstered are:

Number 1 and the most important reason is "stonecold says so!!!!!"
#2 Did you see that nasty look Nank gave BT during Roaming Brian ( that was monstrous!!!!! )
and #3 We got monstered by Richmond so it must be the fault of just a handful of players. Hickey surely has to be included as one of the players to blame. Richo and his band of merry followers ( some of them post regularly here on SS ) are very good at destroying a players development and confidence. Hickey personally needs to learn to be more of a brown nose and he should get a few mates to post more positive messages on footy forums
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 27 Jul 2018 2:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

torn

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ruckman A

27 hitouts
10 hitouts to advantage
50 % hitouts won
18 disposals @66%
7 contested possessions
3 marks
0 contested marks
3 clearances
31 team clearances

ruckman B

24 hitouts
7 hitouts to advantage
49 % hitouts won
17 disposals @76%
10 contested possessions
6 marks
2 contested marks
4 clearances
37 team clearances
Without looking I wouldn't know who's A or B, although I'm guessing Hickey is A because I don't recall him taking a contested mark.

Nankervis just shoved him out of the way repeatedly and Hickey just had no physical impact. Richmond had so much clear space and time at stoppages (not blaming that entirely on Hickey but he was part of the reason). Then he gave us bugger all around the ground, regardless of his 17 or 18 disposals. Then there was his insipid contest against Caddy in the third, when Caddy marked on the goal line and subsequently goaled. Caddy should have been no chance in a one on one with Hickey, yet shoved him out the way with one hand.

If you're happy with the way he currently attacks a game, good luck to you. He's either not giving 100% or his confidence is shot.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

LL: Once again, you are trying to paint an imaginary picture based on your bias. How the hell can you ignore the hitout contests and hitouts to advantage? How the hell can you dismiss 18 disposals? I could understand dismissing single figures but you can't ignore stats that identify a guy such as a ruckman is contributing to the clearances. Carry on

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:57pmWithout looking I wouldn't know who's A or B, although I'm guessing Hickey is A because I don't recall him taking a contested mark.
This is the point, whether or not A beat B, no-one was monstered otherwise the stats would somehow reflect this.

Hickey was ruckmen B btw - the player who took 6 marks and won 10 contested possessions.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018 3:57pm

ruckman A

27 hitouts
10 hitouts to advantage
50 % hitouts won
18 disposals @66%
7 contested possessions
3 marks
0 contested marks
3 clearances
31 team clearances

ruckman B

24 hitouts
7 hitouts to advantage
49 % hitouts won
17 disposals @76%
10 contested possessions
6 marks
2 contested marks
4 clearances
37 team clearances
Without looking I wouldn't know who's A or B, although I'm guessing Hickey is A because I don't recall him taking a contested mark.

Nankervis just shoved him out of the way repeatedly and Hickey just had no physical impact. Richmond had so much clear space and time at stoppages (not blaming that entirely on Hickey but he was part of the reason). Then he gave us bugger all around the ground, regardless of his 17 or 18 disposals. Then there was his insipid contest against Caddy in the third, when Caddy marked on the goal line and subsequently goaled. Caddy should have been no chance in a one on one with Hickey, yet shoved him out the way with one hand.

If you're happy with the way he currently attacks a game, good luck to you. He's either not giving 100% or his confidence is shot.
I believe Hickey was B because he did take a contested mark in the forward line and sprayed the shot...

A key point those stats don’t reflect is that Hickey shared rucking duties with Marshall.

Personally, I’m not sure what the debate here is.

Is Hickey an ideal ruckman? No.
Is he playing to the standard we want? No.
Should we dump him the second we get a decent replacement? Yes.

Is he the best we have at the moment? Debatable but I would say yes... Longer doesn’t take contested marks or get to contests. Outside of being better at ruck tap outs and a reported sense of physical presence he brings which is not evident in general play at all but is apparently rated highly inside our well run club, it’s hard to see an area in which Billy could be a preferred choice.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I am sure others on here beside me are sick and tire of the continued bagging of our players, in particular our ruck stocks.

Give it a rest FFS.