Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Changes for next week

Despite popular conception, Victoria is neither the centre of the universe nor the centre of the universe in regards Australian Rules Football

There are Australian Rules Football competitions in other States

And pretty fair competitions as well

Maybe even with some sides that would give St Kilda a lesson

stonecold
SS Life Member

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:21pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:00pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 2:12pm
To the top wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 3:04pm I’ll tell you something Stone

I am in contact with a Club I represented once upon a time and where they seek my IT re any player where there is a possibility that player will not have their AFL Contract extended
So, your telling us you are a former player who works as an ITK on opposition players with another club, yet supports St.Kilda, is that what your stating?????

Just to get my head around it!!!!!

I'm confident in saying its not Geelong!!!!!
Very much looking forward to the answer of this question?????

Seems from the way I read it, To the Top is a former AFL player!!!!!

How blessed we are if that's the case?????

Mind you, most Nursery Rhymes start with, 'Once Upon A Time', don't they!!!!!
Do you regularly just make stuff up SC? I don't know you or TtT but where in TtT's post does it say that he/she played in the AFL? (Hint: he/she didn't). I actually took it as read that TtT probably played at a suburban/country/ammos club .... as in the kind that regularly tries to recruit AFL players post-the end of their career.

You're just plain bizarre sometimes SC.
Didn't, I ask the question!!!!!

Do you understand what a question mark means?????

I thought 5 of these ? might have strongly suggested It was asking a question!!!!!

So, are you saying they didn't play AFL?????

Cause if you are saying that, you wouldn't know, as you already stated you don't know either of us!!!!!

That's why the 'question' was directed at To the Top and only he/she can answer honestly!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts, however you are way off the mark to suggest I'm making stuff up!!!!!

I asked a Question!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:57pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:21pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:00pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 2:12pm
To the top wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 3:04pm I’ll tell you something Stone

I am in contact with a Club I represented once upon a time and where they seek my IT re any player where there is a possibility that player will not have their AFL Contract extended
So, your telling us you are a former player who works as an ITK on opposition players with another club, yet supports St.Kilda, is that what your stating?????

Just to get my head around it!!!!!

I'm confident in saying its not Geelong!!!!!
Very much looking forward to the answer of this question?????

Seems from the way I read it, To the Top is a former AFL player!!!!!

How blessed we are if that's the case?????

Mind you, most Nursery Rhymes start with, 'Once Upon A Time', don't they!!!!!
Do you regularly just make stuff up SC? I don't know you or TtT but where in TtT's post does it say that he/she played in the AFL? (Hint: he/she didn't). I actually took it as read that TtT probably played at a suburban/country/ammos club .... as in the kind that regularly tries to recruit AFL players post-the end of their career.

You're just plain bizarre sometimes SC.
Didn't, I ask the question!!!!!

Do you understand what a question mark means?????
For the life of me, I can't see where you asked the question "Seems from the way I read it, To the Top is a former AFL player!!!!!"

You just seem to be weirdly attached to finishing each sentence with multiple exclamation marks and/or question marks ... as if using more than one somehow emphasises whatever point it is you're attempting to make. Strange.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:46pm Despite popular conception, Victoria is neither the centre of the universe nor the centre of the universe in regards Australian Rules Football

I doubt that. Very much.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 7:28pm
To the top wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 5:46pm Despite popular conception, Victoria is neither the centre of the universe nor the centre of the universe in regards Australian Rules Football

I doubt that. Very much.
Yes it is. Vic is where it all started.😁

The VFL is easily the 2nd best comp in the land. Followed by the WAFL and SANFL but the quality drops off with the bottom half sides.. NEAFL...lol. Tassie...lol. NT is nothing special.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 7:43pm

I doubt that. Very much.

The VFL is easily the 2nd best comp in the land. Followed by the WAFL and SANFL but the quality drops off with the bottom half sides.. NEAFL...lol. Tassie...lol. NT is nothing special.
obviously a blindly parochial victorian.
the sanfl have beaten the vfl in five of their last six meetings - by an average of 30 points.
the sanfl gets higher crowds easily. gets crowds over 30,000 for its grand finals. the vfl hovers between 11 and 17 generally.
the vfl is a poor cousin, and not as good. watch games from both.
any neutral will say the same thing - the sanfl is comfortably the second biggest and second best football league in the country. and yes, i'm a neutral.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Mate, the AFL listed players in the VFL can't play against SA for starters so that interstate game is irrelevant in comparing standards.

The standard of footy in the VFL is better than the SANFL too because of the AFL influence. The SANFL only get biggers crowds because they only have 2 AFL teams compared to Melbourne's 10 to compete with. On some weekends there might not be any AFL footy in Adelaide or just 1 game. Obviously people in SA (that don't have alot to do anyway) will go watch the SANFL all weekend.

Seperate issue, but the fact Victoria has a country and metro side in the U/18's champs and the majority of AFL listed players come from Vic speaks volumes. Yep. Vic is the centre of the AFL universe.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 1:22pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 1:10pm
stonecold wrote: Mon 23 Jul 2018 10:54am Out: Hickey!!!!!

In: Anyone else!!!!!
The fundamentals of team sport have been totally ignored when you single out just 1 player.

It's this sort of post which continues to push an agenda where you lose all credibility. It's biased and subjective and has nothing to do with reality. You and some other simpletons just want to use Hickey as a scapegoat for a 10 goal loss and it highlights how poor a judge you are. Have you looked at the stats on the night for the ruckmen? Why do you continue to repeat the same boring baseless bulltish?
Beaten by Nank, not sure what game you were watching!!!!!

You do not understand or know Ruckwork, that's obvious!!!!!

Your the only simpleton, not blaming Hickledik only for the 10 goal loss, just stating that he is s*** and we will never be any good with him in the team!!!!!

The reality is, Hickey is rubbish and you have never played a single minute in the ruck if you think differently!!!!!

Check all the stats you like, Nank won the battle, Hickeys possies are a waste of time!!!!!

Think what you like, I don't care, your opinion is that of a arm chair expert!!!!!

Go away!!!!!

Hickey out

Anyone else in!!!!!
You say anyone else but who?

Who can play ruck better than him, Longer is a billion times worse so we're not going there again.

derby Street
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 8:33pm

I doubt that. Very much.

the sanfl have beaten the vfl in five of their last six meetings - by an average of 30 points.
the sanfl gets higher crowds easily. gets crowds over 30,000 for its grand finals. the vfl hovers between 11 and 17 generally.
any neutral will say the same thing - the sanfl is comfortably the second biggest and second best football league in the country. and yes, i'm a neutral.
I thought the WAFL had accounted for the SANFL the last 2 times. The standard in the SANFL has dropped markedly in recent times. I wouldn't be getting too excited about the crowds at the SANFL games - when I have gone to home away games there has been plenty of room and no queues for anything :D The finals are double headers and still don't pull a crowd.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 10:13pm
desertsaint wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 8:33pm

I doubt that. Very much.

I thought the WAFL had accounted for the SANFL the last 2 times. The standard in the SANFL has dropped markedly in recent times. I wouldn't be getting too excited about the crowds at the SANFL games - when I have gone to home away games there has been plenty of room and no queues for anything :D The finals are double headers and still don't pull a crowd.
"2017 SANFL Grand Final
Port Adelaide v Sturt

1 2 3 4
PTA 2.3 (15) 3.4 (22) 3.7 (25) 7.7 (49)
STU 4.1 (25) 5.4 (34) 6.6 (42) 7.8 (50)

24 September 2017, 2.40 pm
Stadium Adelaide Oval
Attendance 39,813

elizabethr
Club Player

What has this to do with changes for next week?

nothing to say
stonecold
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 10:56pm What has this to do with changes for next week?
Nothing of course ThinLizzie, some on here are easily distracted!!!!! ;)

To the top
SS Life Member

There are some on here showing their total ignorance of competitions outside of Victoria

The AFL recruit from Under 18 competitions where SA won the competition this year

In SA they only have 8 Clubs fielding Under 18 sides - so a lessor pool of players

Many of those Under 18 players go from the Under 18 competition directly to the AFL having no Senior representation at their home Clubs

There are exceptions such as Aish (twice), Fantasia and Dumont who played in Senior premiership sides ahead of being eligible for the Draft

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 1:24pm Sure, we'd all like to see Freeman, Goddard and Pierce get a chance, but right now we need to focus on the main prize - getting browny to 200, Mav to 150 and Longer to 2 kicks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
stonecold
SS Life Member

To the top wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 11:05pm There are some on here showing their total ignorance of competitions outside of Victoria

The AFL recruit from Under 18 competitions where SA won the competition this year

In SA they only have 8 Clubs fielding Under 18 sides - so a lessor pool of players

Many of those Under 18 players go from the Under 18 competition directly to the AFL having no Senior representation at their home Clubs

There are exceptions such as Aish (twice), Fantasia and Dumont who played in Senior premiership sides ahead of being eligible for the Draft
Not at all, SA has it's place, as does WA, it's just that there footy will always be known as the poor cousin!!!!!

By the way, you haven't answered my question!!!!!

To the top
SS Life Member

And just a footnote - the 2 AFL sides which field their Seconds sides in the SANFL currently occupy the bottom 2 spots on the Premiership Ladder

bigred
Saintsational Legend

It's not ignorance of of competitions outside of Victoria.

Generally we just couldn't give a rats arse.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 11:53pm It's not ignorance of of competitions outside of Victoria.

Generally we just couldn't give a rats arse.
that's generally where ignorance stems from.
weird though that some posters above, despite their ignorance, pretend to know.

derby Street
Club Player

To the top wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 11:49pm And just a footnote - the 2 AFL sides which field their Seconds sides in the SANFL currently occupy the bottom 2 spots on the Premiership Ladder
Selective crap.
What about last year ?

stonecold
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 10:56am
To the top wrote: Tue 24 Jul 2018 11:49pm And just a footnote - the 2 AFL sides which field their Seconds sides in the SANFL currently occupy the bottom 2 spots on the Premiership Ladder
Selective crap.
What about last year ?
Good at selective crap, but can not answer simple questions!!!!! ;)

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

You're really not getting the message ...play this video clip:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +wanderers

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I'd like to see...

In : Acres, Paton, Brown, Coffield, Pierce

Out : Rice (inj), Phillips, Newnes, Weller, Hickey

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:06pm
You're really not getting the message ...play this video clip:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +wanderers
Your not getting the message, Hickledik is
no good !!!!!

Are you a little slow or something?????
Last edited by stonecold on Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Hardwick gave Nank a vote in the coaches association award so stone reckons it justifies his view.

I reckon Hardwick knows that Nank has one of the hardest tasks coming up against Brodie Grundy this week, so a timely encouragement award was always on the cards.

Fact of the matter is that Nank was up against Marshall for 20-30% of the game. Hickey's stats were equal to Nank and his ruckwork versus Nank was very good. No one can say outright that Nank influenced the result of the game or influenced the final margin

If we had won the game by 10 goals and you objectively look at Hickey's work for the night, including his tap outs, you'd probably be justified as a coach in giving Hickey 1 vote as well.

Stone is compromised with his view. Claims to be a Saint supporter but is only interested in pushing an agenda. Who the hell slags a Saints player and makes up a derogatory nickname for the player? You're not quite right

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:29pm Hardwick gave Nank a vote in the coaches association award so stone reckons it justifies his view.

I reckon Hardwick knows that Nank has one of the hardest tasks coming up against Brodie Grundy thos week, so a timely encouragement award was always on the cards.

Fact of the matter is that Nank was up against Marshall for 20-30% of the game. Hickey's stats were equal to Nank and his ruckwork versus Nank was very good. No one can say outright that Nank was influenced the end result or the final margin

If we had won the game by 10 goals and you objectively look at Hickey's work for the night, including his tap outs, you'd probably be justified as a coach in giving Hickey 1 vote as well.
Coaches Votes as encouragement awards now, really, you've post some rubbish before, but that just takes the Cake!!!!!

Talk about your short straws, I've obviously been giving you too much credit, I really thought you had some idea!!!!!

And to blame Marshall, well f*** me, you really love and protect Tom don't you?????

PS. You know for sure do you, that Hardwick gave Nank the vote?????

PPS. One of the coaches stated outright that Nank influenced the result (by giving him a vote), but, hey they wouldn't know better than you, would they!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Wed 25 Jul 2018 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.