Athletes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

portosaint
Club Player

Athletes

The game has been hijacked over the years. 80% of the competition are just highly paid athletes... Nothing else.

That was a horrific display of footy and it happens week in week out. Guys that can run all day, jump over houses, bench press small cars, but can't kick the f****** pill!

The game is rot. Pure rot. And the criticism of the AFL brand is warranted. Forget the rules and the coaches hijacking the game. AFL is terrible because most of the highly paid "athletes" can't actually play!

I will watch the juniors tomorrow, and i can say right now, hand on heart, I will see kids hit targets 30m away. Over and over again. You would honestly think the game was played in a torrential downpour today. Who justifies this rabble??

Call me old school, call me a wanker, call me what you want. But who else would kill to see a game with two teams of footballers as opposed to the s*** we get thrown at us today?? Am I missing something??

Blokes who can play being overlooked for a place on a list for an athlete who recruiters hope will learn to play. There are just too many. It is beyond frustrating.

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Athletes

Ok you old school wanker ( just to make you feel better!)
I've gotta agree with you. Footy AFL style has disintegrated as a sport , it's lost its soul and is not great to watch.
I used to watch most games that were on TV and stay up to the end .. these days I turn it off more often than not.

I've only been interstate to watch us twice ( I live in Tassy now... I was offered free tickets to watch Norf in Hobart and Said no thanks . I wouldn't be bothered going to see any other team play... I only go to watch my Saints.. but I don't like the way the game is played. You are correct ...

About six of us were talking about the AFL after golf last week and the general concensus was the games farked...

Give me back the old footy , let me stand in the animal enclosure and screem my lungs out.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!