Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 13 2018

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Suns Round 13 2018

How pathetic is our club. They can't even tank properly.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

How good was Jimmy Webster.
In the short time he as on the field he earned more AFL fantasy points than Nathan Brown.
They both got 2 kicks
Webster got 1 handball compared to Brown's 3 handballs
They both got 1 mark
Brown made 1 tackle
But also gave away 3 free kicks.
Webster 11 points, Brown 10 points

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
DWOODROW
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 1:37am
DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:33am
Teflon wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:07pm
Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 7:11pm We are so slow.
what did you expect from those ins ?
Armo is cooked has been for 12 months but we keep playing him...
Slow enough to be in a winning team. Stick it up your arse d**khead.
Settle down d!ck he’s still cooked and can’t run out of sight on a dark night
Where was he first 3 quarters when we were being bent over by a dud side?
Fock me we beat a side who haven’t kicked a goal in the last qtr for their last 4 games and out comes every turnip and I couldn’t give a <edited by mods> if he’s your brother, cousin sister or Aunty

<warning for abuse and contravening the swear rule>
Still better than you ever where. He
Played two qtrs in the middle then was moved forward. Oh and yeah he doesn’t have other players around him supposed to be helping does he. Could probably say where were they as well.
Still managed to get 25 possessions for not being able to run out of sight on a dark night.
You probably can’t even see your toes. d**khead

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Fock me we beat a side who haven’t kicked a goal in the last qtr for their last 4 games and out comes every turnip and I couldn’t give a <edited by mods> if he’s your brother, cousin sister or Aunty

Armo was clearly in our best 3 players up to half time

Watch the game

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:09am

Armo was clearly in our best 3 players up to half time

Watch the game
I don’t need to watch 1 good game against a poor team who we should be beating to know Armo isn’t in our best 22 moving forward.

He’s cooked.
Watch the season FFs and stop trying to win friends on an Internet forum
It’s blue sky brigaders like you who come out of their hidy holes after 1 win which is why the club is in a mess and has so little success
Fk me.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 10:10am

Played two qtrs in the middle then was moved forward. Oh and yeah he doesn’t have other players around him supposed to be helping does he. Could probably say where were they as well.
Still managed to get 25 possessions for not being able to run out of sight on a dark night.
Being a female I don’t play football but if I was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by the club to do so I’d expect a performance like that against poor opposition from a seasoned veteran.

Don’t change a thing - when he puts in consistent games against quality sides I’ll shut up - until then, he’s done.
D!ckhead.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

oi

:)

i thought u were Rockets son ?
... thats what the Forum determined iirc

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:35am oi

:)

i thought u were Rockets son ?
... thats what the Forum determined iirc
I may have been at one time :wink:
Thank god we’ve got gender neutral toilets now hey?? I mean I’ve been holding on to it all games up till now...

“Yeah….nah””
DWOODROW
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:33am

Being a female I don’t play football but if I was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by the club to do so I’d expect a performance like that against poor opposition from a seasoned veteran.

Don’t change a thing - when he puts in consistent games against quality sides I’ll shut up - until then, he’s done.
D!ckhead.
Hard to put in consistent games when he gets played out of position. Funny how the start of the season he played two good games in the middle then played an ordinary one and gets dropped. Then gets stuck in the forward line and gets bagged religiously for not getting enough possessions playing against top tier teams against quality back lines.
Regardless of how slow he is he is a midfielder and plays better than some of the other midfielders we have. He played the second half as a forward and still was in the best.
Considering it’s the second win of the season it’s a small win to get excited about regardless of how the season is going seeing as there hasn’t been much to cheer about.
Dave clearly isn’t in the future of St Kilda but seeing as he has been there since 2006 and continues to turn up every week thinking he will play and praying he will play, to bag him out like many other keyboard supporters is pathetic.
When you know what it is like to be physically bruised and battered every week come back and discuss.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:53am Dave clearly isn’t in the future of St Kilda but seeing as he has been there since 2006 and continues to turn up every week thinking he will play and praying he will play, to bag him out like many other keyboard supporters is pathetic.
When you know what it is like to be physically bruised and battered every week come back and discuss.
Thanks Woodrow - I am sure that Dave and others at St Kilda are doubting their future in terms of premiership success - and that makes it hard to turn up and train/play each week knowing that the one thing they strive for is likely to be denied them.

I am also sure that it stings doubly in Dave's case because he was at the club in 2009/10 so has at least seen the cup full, even if they never drank from it!!!!

I have always hated the personal attack on players, all players, but especially St Kilda players (name calling included), how well would any of us go in our jobs if we were crtiqued each week by a bunch of on-lookers.

That being said - everyone has a right to vent and show their frustrations.

Thank the Seven that I am not a Mod - everyone would be banned - and it would start with grammatical errors!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
DWOODROW
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:00pm
DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:53am Dave clearly isn’t in the future of St Kilda but seeing as he has been there since 2006 and continues to turn up every week thinking he will play and praying he will play, to bag him out like many other keyboard supporters is pathetic.
Thanks Woodrow - I am sure that Dave and others at St Kilda are doubting their future in terms of premiership success - and that makes it hard to turn up and train/play each week knowing that the one thing they strive for is likely to be denied them.

I am also sure that it stings doubly in Dave's case because he was at the club in 2009/10 so has at least seen the cup full, even if they never drank from it!!!!

I have always hated the personal attack on players, all players, but especially St Kilda players (name calling included), how well would any of us go in our jobs if we were crtiqued each week by a bunch of on-lookers.

Thank the Seven that I am not a Mod - everyone would be banned - and it would start with grammatical errors!

Everyone is more than welcome to vent their frustrations. The thing that pisses me off is Social media seems to give people the idea that they can say whatever they want about whoever they want how derogatory without any consequences. I’m just sick of the constant remarks by some posters as if they are the be all and end all on how the St Kilda football team should run and who should play and who shouldn’t. If they are so amazing then stand up and do something. Don’t come onto a forum and bag the players then wonder off as if they somehow have made a difference the the club and the world. If your not close to or apart of the club and their players then having pot shots does nothing except piss of family members or clos friends.
Frankly the only reason I come on here now is to defend Dave because he can’t do it himself and I just don’t care anymore about staying silent. Hopefully the end of the year will be the last time I do

saint-stu
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:13pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:00pm

Everyone is more than welcome to vent their frustrations. The thing that pisses me off is Social media seems to give people the idea that they can say whatever they want about whoever they want how derogatory without any consequences. I’m just sick of the constant remarks by some posters as if they are the be all and end all on how the St Kilda football team should run and who should play and who shouldn’t. If they are so amazing then stand up and do something. Don’t come onto a forum and bag the players then wonder off as if they somehow have made a difference the the club and the world. If your not close to or apart of the club and their players then having pot shots does nothing except piss of family members or clos friends.
Frankly the only reason I come on here now is to defend Dave because he can’t do it himself and I just don’t care anymore about staying silent. Hopefully the end of the year will be the last time I do
I don't know any players but I also don't like seeing the nasty comments. Quite often we don't know what issues they might be playing with until years later. I thought Dave provided some leadership we've been severely lacking which is one of the reasons why the players didn't fall away and lose yet another game. I imagine that's why Richo likes to pick him every week even if he's not feeling 100%.

1ac46a38
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

yep. what i saw Armo played well. i don't think he is part of our future and purely a depth player now, but he had a better game than most last night so why the vitriol?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:38pm
I don't know any players but I also don't like seeing the nasty comments. Quite often we don't know what issues they might be playing with until years later. I thought Dave provided some leadership we've been severely lacking which is one of the reasons why the players didn't fall away and lose yet another game. I imagine that's why Richo likes to pick him every week even if he's not feeling 100%.
Well said. Armo like any player, whether they are Nat Fyfe, Jaeger O'meara or just a GOP missed a lot of footy through injury. It takes time to work back into top form. Posters who expected Armo to come back and be exactly the same player as before he was injured have NFI.

Dave has served the club for a decade and at the moment he is a leader on and off the field. He will continue to be an asset on game day because of his midfield experience. People forget that he learnt his craft from Lenny, Dal, and BJ Goddard. He is now like on on field coach for some of our young players.

People who continue to single out players when we have losses ( or wins in some cases ) just don't grasp the concept of a team sport and how vital it is for every player to perform in their role.

To bag a player like Dave is not only pathetic but just goes to show a lot of posters have NFI

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 2:57pm
Well said. Armo like any player, whether they are Nat Fyfe, Jaeger O'meara or just a GOP missed a lot of footy through injury. It takes time to work back into top form. Posters who expected Armo to come back and be exactly the same player as before he was injured have NFI.

Dave has served the club for a decade and at the moment he is a leader on and off the field. He will continue to be an asset on game day because of his midfield experience. People forget that he learnt his craft from Lenny, Dal, and BJ Goddard. He is now like on on field coach for some of our young players.

People who continue to single out players when we have losses ( or wins in some cases ) just don't grasp the concept of a team sport and how vital it is for every player to perform in their role.

To bag a player like Dave is not only pathetic but just goes to show a lot of posters have NFI
Utter garbage
Team sports are made of individuals - to play individuals who ain’t our future denies a young kid of development (see Bailey Rice who I suspect only got a game through the dire straits we see in now).
Posters who pander to the “no one can be criticised” brigade is exactly what nick Riewoldt recently referred to - modern pc world where everyone is too frightened to call it as it is.
Dave might be a nice guy - no one has “personally insulted him” - he is slow and imo is cooked, has had numerous years and simply ain’t the future
This club, it’s paid up members will be here long after Dave and Dwoodrow go (he keeps saying he’s going), that gives them every right to a respectful view which is what’s been put forward here (before family members started throwing insults)
If some don’t like that perhaps this aint the place for them?
If others don’t get that, I suspect they know nothing at all about team sports but plenty about why this club has been so mediocre for so long

“Yeah….nah””
DWOODROW
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 6:07pm

Utter garbage
Team sports are made of individuals - to play individuals who ain’t our future denies a young kid of development (see Bailey Rice who I suspect only got a game through the dire straits we see in now).
Posters who pander to the “no one can be criticised” brigade is exactly what nick Riewoldt recently referred to - modern pc world where everyone is too frightened to call it as it is.
Dave might be a nice guy - no one has “personally insulted him” - he is slow and imo is cooked, has had numerous years and simply ain’t the future
This club, it’s paid up members will be here long after Dave and Dwoodrow go (he keeps saying he’s going), that gives them every right to a respectful view which is what’s been put forward here (before family members started throwing insults)
If others don’t get that, I suspect they know nothing at all about team sports but plenty about why this club has been so mediocre for so long

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about. I haven’t said he is going, I said I want him to go because of people like you. s*** supporters who think they know everything but know stuff all.
I didn’t realise playing AFL was likened to 100m sprinting. Everyone has to be a sprinter to play football :roll:
Dave isn’t keeping any younger players out. He’s gotten his own game so wake up to yourself. For someone who’s never played the game you seem to know a lot about who should be playing and who shouldn’t.
Just become an assistant coach. You would excel

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:32pm

Utter garbage

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about. I haven’t said he is going, I said I want him to go because of people like you. s*** supporters who think they know everything but know stuff all.
I didn’t realise playing AFL was likened to 100m sprinting. Everyone has to be a sprinter to play football :roll:
Dave isn’t keeping any younger players out. He’s gotten his own game so wake up to yourself. For someone who’s never played the game you seem to know a lot about who should be playing and who shouldn’t.
Clearly emotional can I suggest you desist from posting if you can’t contain yoursel
Dave’s had a good run , been a loyal servant and well paid along the way
He now needs to make way - he’s back up only imo
I don’t need to be an assistant to know this (though our assistants are ordinary and I am getting sick of working at this dry cleaners so might apply..)

“Yeah….nah””
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Quality player, quality bloke. Has given his all for the club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Being a female I don’t play football .

And here is me thinking you were just a nasty prick.

I will stick,with nasty but I will have to substituted prick with....well you can use your imagination.

Funniest thing I have ever read on here. :D :) :D :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:41pm Quality player, quality bloke. Has given his all for the club.
Too true just like Montagna
It comes to them all
A great send off game seasons end imo to see him off in style is absolutely the right thing

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:41am

Arno was great tonight. Some of his work in close was A1, especially in the last.

Still love seeing him come storming through a stoppage chest puffing and breaking tackles. Such a unit
Yes he was. Far from finished.

He really stuck it up some of the non believers on here.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:44pm

Being a female I don’t play football .

And here is me thinking you were just a nasty prick.

I will stick,with nasty but I will have to substituted prick with....well you can use your imagination.

Funniest thing I have ever read on here. :D :) :D :D
Still reckon I’m more a man than you!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Quick question to anyone
How do I “like” my own posts?
Cheers all

“Yeah….nah””
DWOODROW
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:37pm
DWOODROW wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:32pm

Utter garbage

Clearly emotional can I suggest you desist from posting if you can’t contain yoursel
Dave’s had a good run , been a loyal servant and well paid along the way
He now needs to make way - he’s back up only imo
I don’t need to be an assistant to know this (though our assistants are ordinary and I am getting sick of working at this dry cleaners so might apply..)
Contain myself. If you knew me you would know I am. Emotional haha just sick of people like you

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:55pm Quick question to anyone
How do I “like” my own posts?
Cheers all
You've always done your best work on Sunday nights. Prost!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post