To everyone involved at ST KFC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: To everyone involved at ST KFC

Good win in the end I guess. All a bit of fun fellas. No harm. I'm back on board the Sainter train.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
twirlyhair
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 7:44pm Clearly, the players and many others involved DO NOT CARE!

THANK GOD I MADE A PLEDGE NOT TO WATCH THIS CRAP DURING THE WEEK AGAINST GOLD COAST!

I REPEAT! YOU DO NOT CARE ST KFC!

I REPEAT AGAIN! YOU DO NOT CARE ST KFC!
For Gods Sake. You need to get a grip.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I'll gladly take the win now and worry about what the first 3 quarters mean at a later time.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:54pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:41pm Own it Parky. You sooked it up and your team embarrased you. You will learn from this game and get better. :lol:
Dude, to be fair, the OP was well within his rights to call out shitness when he did.

Credit to the club for fighting for the win - but Dude, you can't be ragging on fans for calling it how they saw it at 3q time.
To be fair my arse!

No one is allowed to bag the club except Parkeysainter. He is a little hypocrite and picks and chooses when HE can bad the club.

Like I said, hypocrite.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:04pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:41pm Own it Parky. You sooked it up and your team embarrased you. You will learn from this game and get better. :lol:
Dude, to be fair, the OP was well within his rights to call out shitness when he did.

Credit to the club for fighting for the win - but Dude, you can't be ragging on fans for calling it how they saw it at 3q time.
To be fair my arse!

No one is allowed to bag the club except Parkeysainter. He is a little hypocrite and picks and chooses when HE can bad the club.

Like I said, hypocrite.
Yawn yawn. Go away little man.

I couldn't care less if people criticise the club on here unless its unreasonable and below the belt. Then I will call it out.

Go Saints.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 10:09pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:17pm I love it when supporters leave at 3/4 time only to be red-faced when they find out the final scores!
Remember this one?

parkey wouldn't. was under the bed sookin from quarter time.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:15pm
SaintPav wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:04pm

To be fair my arse!

Like I said, hypocrite.
Yawn yawn. Go away little man.

I couldn't care less if people criticise the club on here unless its unreasonable and below the belt. Then I will call it out.

Go Saints.
So says the whinny little hypocrite.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
David-Lee
Club Player

The_Merchant wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:32pm
David-Lee wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:20pm Classic. Play pathetic. Scratch out a weak effort win against a terrible team and think we have shown something.
Best player this year injured 5 mins in, another half back out early in the third, playing against a desperate side interstate, coming back from 5 goals down at 3 qtr time. But you go with the negative view. Well done.

This win is massive for the club, most of our issues are between the ears and this will help. Have a look at the boys after the game, great way to go into the break.

Sorry, We must read different stats, Webster is not our best player- show me where he is even in the top 5. Not in disposal, mark, contested possessions, rebound 50's....nothing.

Decent yes, could be something much greater with the right coach.

I'm negative because we were insipid for 3 quarters. We didn't suddenly lift. Suns have the second worst record in the AFL for giving up points in the the 4th quarter.

Dew talked about it last night saying they have to address it so they can close games.

We have won 2 games out of 12 and I refuse to get excited by a game that was rubbish.

Yes, we won. Who gives as f@ck. I didnt feel elated at the ground, as if we made some incredible season defining effort and it changed everything. Yes, we came back against a team that struggles to close 4th quarters.

I personally was just thrilled to see guys like Bailey and Battle and Coffield out there getting experienced.

Being in the position we are now, I'd rather lose so we can get the #1 pick.

David-Lee
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 7:44pm Clearly, the players and many others involved DO NOT CARE!

THANK GOD I MADE A PLEDGE NOT TO WATCH THIS CRAP DURING THE WEEK AGAINST GOLD COAST!

I REPEAT! YOU DO NOT CARE ST KFC!

I REPEAT AGAIN! YOU DO NOT CARE ST KFC!
We dont always agree but I sat there soaking up every bit of atmosphere and I can tell you it was insipid. If the Suns weren't the AFL worst team giving up both leads and poor 4th quarters it would have been much different.

It was a decent effort in the 4th. But honestly it just didnt feel like a win I could be elated over, comeback, down 2 players or not . It was flat.

takeaway
Club Player

David-Lee wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:42pm
David-Lee wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:20pm Classic. Play pathetic. Scratch out a weak effort win against a terrible team and think we have shown something.
Best player this year injured 5 mins in, another half back out early in the third, playing against a desperate side interstate, coming back from 5 goals down at 3 qtr time. But you go with the negative view. Well done.

This win is massive for the club, most of our issues are between the ears and this will help. Have a look at the boys after the game, great way to go into the break.

Sorry, We must read different stats, Webster is not our best player- show me where he is even in the top 5. Not in disposal, mark, contested possessions, rebound 50's....nothing.

I'm negative because we were insipid for 3 quarters. We didn't suddenly lift. Suns have the second worst record in the AFL for giving up points in the the 4th quarter.

Dew talked about it last night saying they have to address it so they can close games.

We have won 2 games out of 12 and I refuse to get excited by a game that was rubbish.

Yes, we won. Who gives as f@ck. I didnt feel elated at the ground, as if we made some incredible season defining effort and it changed everything. Yes, we came back against a team that struggles to close 4th quarters.

I personally was just thrilled to see guys like Bailey and Battle and Coffield out there getting experienced.

Shame Webster was injured - he would be well ahead in the B & F. Definitely our best player so far this year.
Long way to go but players never gave up and gained some confidence. Shame some "supporters" are not elated by a win, and are happier with a loss. By the way, Coffield was not playing, are you sure you were at the right game?

David-Lee
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:54pm

Shame Webster was injured - he would be well ahead in the B & F. Definitely our best player so far this year.
Long way to go but players never gave up and gained some confidence. Shame some "supporters" are not elated by a win, and are happier with a loss. By the way, Coffield was not playing, are you sure you were at the right game?

Yep, mistake, I meant Clark...he had a good game for a young man

And yes, I am a better Saint than most because I'm willing sacrifice whatever it takes to set up our future. That means letting every young lad and every player we aren't sure of get in there and have run for the rest of the season. Take the losses for a pick and invaluable ground time into youth.

But Richo wants a few wins because that is all it takes to satisfy our club.

By the way "supporter" where were you sitting with the 8 people you flew to the game.

Team Stats
Stat Leader Total
Cont. Possessions J. Steven 134
Uncont. Poss. S. Ross 242
Effective Disposals S. Ross 277
Metres Gained S. Ross 5875
Clangers S. Ross 57
Turnovers S. Ross 70
Contested Marks J. Carlisle 18
Marks Inside 50 T. Membrey 31
Clearances J. Steven 77
Centre Clearances J. Steven 38
Stoppage Clearances J. Steven 39
Rebound 50s J. Webster 65
Intercepts J. Carlisle 80
Tackles Inside 50 J. Steven 13
One Percenters N. Brown 74
Bounces J. Steven 25

Jimmy is playing decent. I know the whole team is down it's obvious, his stats are way down as well in almost every category from 2017.

The_Merchant
Club Player

David-Lee wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:11am

And yes, I am a better Saint than most because I'm willing sacrifice whatever it takes to set up our future. That means letting every young lad and every player we aren't sure of get in there and have run for the rest of the season. Take the losses for a pick and invaluable ground time into youth.

By the way "supporter" where were you sitting with the 8 people you flew to the game.

Team Stats
Stat Leader Total
Clangers S. Ross 57
Turnovers S. Ross 70
Clearances J. Steven 77
Bounces J. Steven 25

Jimmy is playing decent. I know the whole team is down it's obvious, his stats are way down as well in almost every category from 2017.
Well for starters, you say he isn’t highest in rebound 50s then quote stats that show he has our highest rebound 50s. He has also missed 3 games.

According to Champion Data he is currently our highest rated player, he has had 7 100+ point SuperCoach games which is the equal most for a saint this year despite 3 less games. But mostly I look at the footy rather than stats, he has been clearly our most in form player this year and except for the missed games would be leading our B&F. To say he has not been in our top 5 is ridiculous.

As for tonight’s game, I thought we had the better of the suns In the first, had one crap quarter, broke even in the third and out played them by a mile, on their home deck under duress in the last quarter.

As for this comment
WTF are you talking about, you are a supporter (at best), you are not setting up our future and you are not letting any young lads do anything.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
The Peanut
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 10:09pm
Remember this one?
Thanks for that - Very enjoyable to see this again

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 8:17pm I love it when supporters leave at 3/4 time only to be red-faced when they find out the final scores!
Remember this one?

Just watched last night’s first and last and then this - thanks Shrodes.

Both just an absolute reminder of what we can do when we play like we have nothing to lose and have a real crack.

And another nice reminder you CAN play Hickey and Longer in the same team, to pretty handy effect.

Always loyal
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Lol. So one quarter changes things?
Why this club has been a failure for 100 years

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 11:15am Lol. So one quarter changes things?
Why this club has been a failure for 100 years
Lol. You think like that, and yet you're still on here everyday whining about it. Misery loves company.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Team Stats
Stat Leader Total
Clangers S. Ross 57
Turnovers S. Ross 70
Clearances J. Steven 77
Bounces J. Steven 25

Did you ever play footy? The reason we need to win these games is for the kids to get some belief and to start enjoying the hard work during the week because they start to see reward at the end of the rainbow. I was at game last night but watched the replay when I got home and did you see the gusto in the group’s rendition of the theme song? It meant a lot to them and to forgo that development and hope we keep losing so we maybe score a better draft pick (which guarantees nothing anyway) is inane in my opinion...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

http://m.saints.com.au/video/2018-06-16 ... g-st-kilda

Maybe there is some passion there after all. Good to see Richo amongst it.

Plus Rice, Austin and Battle being in the middle for their first win. Don't underestimate the importance of that.

Oh and Tony74 (the runner) in the circle. :D

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Halfway thru the last qtr I think the margin had been whittled down to 17 points but there was no inkling of what was to come as we all expected the Suns to kick a couple of goals and ice it. I said to my English mate who I took to the game ( his second live one) jeez it’d be funny if we somehow won this.

10 minutes later I’m on my feet, arms raised to the sky screaming out across Metricon. When Gresh put us ahead - I loved looking at the goal ump who was looking up, not moving and I knew it was a goal - the roar around the ground was something special. There were Sainters of all ages behind me and they were yelling and high fiving. The siren was epic. My voice is still shot today from it all lol. Mates were texting me - how the hell did you win that?

There were two Saints guys sitting near us who had prepared chants for each player when they kicked a goal pertaining to the players name. Some very clever stuff and great entertainment

Shake Battle and goal etc

spert
Saintsational Legend

Well, the last quarter was where the team raised the bar- that's the level where you give yourself a chance to win. I can't ignore though how slow our midfield is, but I'll take the win.

David-Lee
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:51pm

Team Stats
Stat Leader Total
Clangers S. Ross 57
Turnovers S. Ross 70
Clearances J. Steven 77
Bounces J. Steven 25

Did you ever play footy? The reason we need to win these games is for the kids to get some belief and to start enjoying the hard work during the week because they start to see reward at the end of the rainbow. I was at game last night but watched the replay when I got home and did you see the gusto in the group’s rendition of the theme song? It meant a lot to them and to forgo that development and hope we keep losing so we maybe score a better draft pick (which guarantees nothing anyway) is inane in my opinion...

I agree at the start of a rebuild we should try to win as much as possible. But once you've gone more than halfway through a season playing most games insipidly. It's time to plan for next season.

Only a delusional player would come away from last night feeling they had achieved something great.
I listened to the radio before the game and what was said was spot on...the Suns will ride over the Saints because they are generally in disarray.
But the Suns will completely stop playing in the fourth quarter, so as long as the Suns aren't too far ahead and the Saints can plod along and IF they kick more goals than behinds....Saints win by less than a goal. I wish I had bet exactly what was said, I'd be laughing.

Look, it doesn't matter. We will win 4, maybe 5 this season and hopefully that will get us a top 2 pick if Carlton or Brisbane can lift a bit.
I'm ALL for winning, but more than that is competitive play with passion. Even last night in the fourth it didn't seem like a passionate team comeback, we just played the same way we did fin the 3rd quarter and the Suns stopped.

I'm glad the young lads felt excited, let's hope we see some 4 quarter competition each game, even if it's only the youth.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well, everyone around me was elated.

And I will gve you a news flash mate,

Coffield didn't play.

chico2001
Club Player

Everyone has an opinion but you are talking shite david-lee and then trying to worm your way out of it.....someone asked if you had ever played a game....I doubt it....