Team v Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elizabethr
Club Player

Re: Team v Gold Coast

The Recruit wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 8:19pm
bergsone wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 7:47pm Been sitting on the fence over AR that selection has just tipped me over,got to go
100% agree with this
Those ins reek of saving his own bacon
Dropping he young kids for the experienced players against Gold Coast to snatch a win and take the pressure off. Bunch of cowards. Sack them all. Hope we loose by 60 points!!!!!!!!
What a childish reaction

nothing to say
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Best ins for ages.

Longer finally. Much better in the centre square and around the ground at that thing called a ruck contest.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Weller. :roll:

:evil: :twisted:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
To the top
SS Life Member

Prediction?

A slow and cumbersome side will be comprehensively run off their legs on a warm and humid Saturday afternoon on the Gold Coast

Margin?

10 goals

Now we have lost confidence in the powers that currently make the decisions at Moorabbin

The guys are asking if the VFL side is up anywhere

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Have also been generally supportive of selections thus far, but this one has lost me.

Billings for Lonnie makes sense.

Surely Brown should go out for Carslile. Brown adds nothing, he simply does not get possessions, he's from Noah's ark. There's a good reason Collingwood let him go.

Longer, like Brown is just a big, slow, lumbering body. Hickey's no superstar, but at least he get's possessions. And he's been going OK recently, certainly not the reason we've been losing.

Richo has played the kids Phillips & Coffield against the hardened West Coast & Sydney and finally they have the opportunity to play against kids of their own experience and they get dumped in favor of a worn out veteran. This is soul destroying.

This game was an excellent opportunity for our kids to be competitive, and hopefully enjoy a confidence boosting win. Instead of the future Richo has thrown a lifeline to some known underperformers.

Not pleasing.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

To the top wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 8:30pm Prediction?

A slow and cumbersome side will be comprehensively run off their legs on a warm and humid Saturday afternoon on the Gold Coast

Margin?

10 goals

Now we have lost confidence in the powers that currently make the decisions at Moorabbin

The guys are asking if the VFL side is up anywhere
Williamstown Seagulls has their own squad,
but Zebs haven't yet posted theirs.
Game is on Sunday.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
silverhalo
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 8:31pm Have also been generally supportive of selections thus far, but this one has lost me.

Surely Brown should go out for Carslile. Brown adds nothing, he simply does not get possessions, he's from Noah's ark. There's a good reason Collingwood let him go.

Longer, like Brown is just a big, slow, lumbering body. Hickey's no superstar, but at least he get's possessions. And he's been going OK recently, certainly not the reason we've been losing.

Richo has played the kids Phillips & Coffield against the hardened West Coast & Sydney and finally they have the opportunity to play against kids of their own experience and they get dumped in favor of a worn out veteran. This is soul destroying.

This game was an excellent opportunity for our kids to be competitive, and hopefully enjoy a confidence boosting win. Instead of the future Richo has thrown a lifeline to some known underperformers.

Not pleasing.
I could not have said it any better, excellent summary and my sentiments exactly. Instead of Armo and Longer, bring in the Irish boys who are really tearing it up at the moment at Sandy, I can't wait to see how they go at the top level. Let's try and get something out of this totally forgettable season by blooding some more young guys and see how they go.

I've generally agreed with selections this year but they've lost me this week. It really does seem a bit like bringing in some old heads to try and save the coach's bacon.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Toy Saint wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 8:31pm Have also been generally supportive of selections thus far, but this one has lost me.

Not pleasing.
I don't mind Phillips being rested, he's only young. Don't burn him out, let him have a breather.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bergsone
SS Life Member

bergsone wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 7:47pm Been sitting on the fence over AR that selection has just tipped me over,got to go
100% agree with this
Dropping he young kids for the experienced players against Gold Coast to snatch a win and take the pressure off. Bunch of cowards. Sack them all. Hope we loose by 60 points!!!!!!!!
Just cant bring myself to hope we lose,but s*** am starting to understand your sentiments

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Ugh, why did they drop Ed Phillips and Hickey?

Longer and Armitage shouldn't have been selected to play in a St.Kilda guerney ever again. What a joke!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 7:32pm Tough call on Hickey.
He isn't the reason we have only won one game.
Exactly. Richo bringing back his favourite for a match he thinks we might be able to win.

bergsone
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 8:20pm
100% agree with this
What a childish reaction
Why childish,its a terrible selections

To the top
SS Life Member

Thanks Wellard Saint

Much appreciated

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert back in for Zebras.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Maverick Weller. Sweet Jesus. Mary and Joseph.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Great selection Richo. i am serious, Our draft pick is all be guaranteed with this team, No back up for ruck, who is Longer who will get no kicks,handball or marks and he may win some hit outs. Armo back in to remind us that we all get old. Lonie getting dropped is bad as he stinks up the place but Weller up helps

spert
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest that Armitage, Longer, Billings and Weller and all of our more experienced players will need to have pretty good games against the GC to save their own bacon- they have been crap mostly. Our midfield got taken to the cleaners last week, but all escaped the axe- for one of those, probably lucky that Freeman is not yet ready. Good idea to rest the younger guys though. This game seems pretty irrelevant, though a bad loss and surely Richo will go- a win and he will be on notice for the rest of the season. I must say though that this is slow team, and I have a horrible feeling that CG could come out, run the legs off us and have a match-winning first quarter..hope not though.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Longer. Weller. Armitage. Brown.

Clearly Richo is thirty years behind the times.

suss
Club Player

So the same people complaining about losing are the same people complaining about Richo not “playing the kids”.

Righteo ...

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

poor selections from a longer term view, but richo needs a win and has picked for that.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
spert
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 9:23pm So the same people complaining about losing are the same people complaining about Richo not “playing the kids”.

Righteo ...
He is playing the kids, but you don't run younger blokes into the ground to cover for the absolute sh*t brand of football the more experienced players are serving up.

longtimesaint
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 9:46pm poor selections from a longer term view, but richo needs a win and has picked for that.
The club needs a win more than Richo and I think bringing in some mature bodies and experience is correct.
We need to get the confidence back and I am sure Phillips,Coffield etc will get more games in the second half of the year.

One year will be our year
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Any doubts as to whether was ok and just needed better support round him has evaporated
He’s a dud
If he is playing for his own bacon he can’t even do that

“Yeah….nah””
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

The kids have had alot of games this year, alot more than they were meant to which is great for the club long term. There is no point in destroying their bodies and making them play 22 games in their first year. There are still heaps of games left. Phillips and Coffield will get another crack. Its a balancing act and we were way too young last week hence why we got destroyed.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Classic Richo: complain on Monday about how badly we were beaten in the middle and then select all the same midfielders.

Yeah nah pleasing positive