Ross Lyon - fashionista de la hair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon - fashionista de la hair

Apologies for this trivia, it's a function of an unhealthy pathological dislike for R. Lyon. Has he dyed his hair and or is wearing a toupee? Just watching Freo v Collingwood. If so Ross I salute your rejection of total defence/march of time and the embracing the shallow cosmetics and young ideas- not that anyone would suggest Rossy has an ego.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyon - fashionista de la hair

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 6:30pm Apologies for this trivia, it's a function of an unhealthy pathological dislike for R. Lyon. Has he dyed his hair and or is wearing a toupee? Just watching Freo v Collingwood. If so Ross I salute your rejection of total defence/march of time and the embracing the shallow cosmetics and young ideas- not that anyone would suggest Rossy has an ego.
Maybe he did make a pass at the young chick, even though she was preggers.

Mid life crisis ?

I got a sports car for mine.

loris
Saintsational Legend

He had the dental floss out today - the cameras caught him flossing his teeth in the coaches box during the game. Yuk how gross, about as bad as Kevin Rudd being caught that time by camera in Parliament, eating the ear wax he dug out of his ear.
I bet the poor person sitting beside Lyon would be getting little flicks of smelly food that was stuck between Lyon’s toothy pegs.
Some people have gross habits........ flossing your teeth Lyon should be done in the privacy of your bathroom, not in the coaches box with TV cameras picking up your every move.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

will be looking for a new job soon..got the pot gut goin on...hes given up in just about every aspect.

supersaints
Club Player

It's time to remember what a scumbag he was to our club and players

As Gerard Wheatley wrote

Ross Lyon had created for himself a neat exit strategy. Carefully tended and maintained. Understandable in every respect. The course had been run.

For extra effect he claimed the high moral ground and slapped down anyone with the temerity to raise speculation and innuendo.

Instead of using it and leaving with gratitude and dignity, the coach spectacularly pulled the emergency chute and jettisoned out of the Saints in a cloud of duplicity and deceit.

He jilted the club that trusted him and undermined his own representation to such an extent it felt compelled to sack him.

He left without a word to his players - a group he had driven, maniacally at times, into a bubble that might have been entirely unhealthy in the quest for the ultimate.

Whatever honour Lyon had collected through an industrious and earnest coaching career was shed before he boarded the plane across the country.

Ross Lyon's defection from St Kilda to the helm of Fremantle will stand as the low point on a football landscape riddled with dishonesty and treachery.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

And amen to that.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Great coach in 09 less so 10 but still our most successful modern coach who gave us our best shot at winning the thing
Shyte bloke?
Meh....histories littered with them but we could certainly do with some single minded mongrelness out of 5he rabble we see at the moment ...

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Just an average coach when it comes to finals. Facts don't require the opinions of Luke Darcy, Paul Roos, Robert Walls, or Teflon. McLellan trophies are meaningless. "He didn't give us our best shot". The foundations were laid long before he set foot in the club. He actually stuffed up the best chance a team had to win a premiership in the 50 odd years I've been following footy. I've never seen such a dominant team as we were in 09. The only other team that came close imo was the Bombers in 2000.

When it comes to good timing and inheriting a great team..yes you are right...he is very successful. History will ultimately judge his legacy at the 2 footy clubs that he was lucky enough to have been given a senior gig

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I still think he’s overrated as a coach.

He had a good, some would say great, list with St.Kilda and got good results
He had a good list with Freo and got them to a GF.

He has an average list now and I don’t see any miracle coaching that suggests he’s got them playing above themselves.

I guess the jury is still out.

I think he’s a great leader and has a way of getting his message across clearly to a group and that’s a very respectable quality.

chico2001
Club Player

His record is fairly good without winning a flag at either club. If he can lift Fremantle up to the finals and maybe a flag that would top out his career but it looks like he will run out of time.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 11:15pm Great coach in 09 less so 10 but still our most successful modern coach who gave us our best shot at winning the thing
Shyte bloke?
Meh....histories littered with them but we could certainly do with some single minded mongrelness out of 5he rabble we see at the moment ...
Cost us two flags in my opinion, with his treatment of Ball and Maxie, but you keep believing what you want to. Not many of you flat earthers left. :D :D :wink:

Yeah, he's a shyte bloke. At least you got that right.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 1:11am I still think he’s overrated as a coach.

He has an average list now and I don’t see any miracle coaching that suggests he’s got them playing above themselves.

I think he’s a great leader and has a way of getting his message across clearly to a group and that’s a very respectable quality.
"play above yourself" = non sequitur

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St Lenny
Club Player

Loving this thread. Can't stand the man. After lying and turning his back on the Saints. not to mention contributing to the unexpected sacking of Mark Harvey (who still has a higher win loss ratio), he then had the audacity to sit at the Freemantle press conference and announce that he sits there with "my integrity is in tact", what a joke. Would not even know the meaning of the word. Not a good Coach, had 3 dips at the Flag with one of the greatest St Kilda sides ever and couldn't deliver the goods. Then another crack with Free, just to confirm how useless he is. God knows why they extended his contact. As for his hair, don't watch him, hope it all falls out.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Saw him a month ago
Definitely dyes it and i reckon he's got some " Yeah Yeah " action going on .

In red white and black from 73
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 1:48pm

Many here genuinely believe he took over a rag tag bunch of no hopers in 07 and worked miracles to get them where they got... mighty ducks like. Trained to play far better then was realistically thought possible

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 7:57pm
SaintPav wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 1:48pm

Many here genuinely believe he took over a rag tag bunch of no hopers in 07 and worked miracles to get them where they got... mighty ducks like. Trained to play far better then was realistically thought possible
I’m not disputing that, though our top end was pretty good.

I don’t think it’s possible to play above yourself. You can only play to the maximum of your ability. Was being a little pedantic.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
loris
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lyon’s gone from ‘Ross the Boss’, to ‘Ross the Floss’.

Media picking up on Ross flossing his teeth in the coach’s box whilst the game’s on.

On the video on AFL.com site, the clip which has Damien Barrett, Lloyd & Bartel discussing various topics has that Barrett flunkey saying Lyon is showing disrespect to those in the box with him, bringing his dental floss into the box to floss his teeth. Barrett says what is he going to do next in the coach’s - cut his toe nails.

I think the media might be starting to turn on ‘The Flosser’ now. They have been biding their time. They weren’t impressed with his manner of ditching the Saints, then talking of integrity. They have found out he’s a sleaze bag towards women, and he turns his press conference onto how he’s shown integrity in his coaching. Now he’s been shown to have gross personal hygiene habits, I suppose ‘The Flosser’, will pass this off as trying to maintain dental integrity.

Me thinks, ‘Ross, the Boss’ , ‘Ross the Sleazey Tosser’ & ‘Ross the Floss’ is becoming a quite an undignified caricature.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Ross Lyon. Good footballer and coach in a sense...but very unattractive and dumb man in real life. He went to Freo for the $ mainly because he lost so much money in a dud investment or two. That is the truth.

"He not smart man" old Rossy. Definately looks like Victor off Fast Forward too.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 1:54am Ross Lyon. Good footballer and coach in a sense...but very unattractive and dumb man in real life. He went to Freo for the $ mainly because he lost so much money in a dud investment or two. That is the truth.

"He not smart man" old Rossy. Definately looks like Victor off Fast Forward too.
Careful, you might upset a couple of real bellends with you dishing their hero.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

diss'n

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 11:41am
parkeysainter wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 1:54am Ross Lyon. Good footballer and coach in a sense...but very unattractive and dumb man in real life. He went to Freo for the $ mainly because he lost so much money in a dud investment or two. That is the truth.

All good. They can support Freo and Rossy if they want. One of the main reasons he left for Freo is because he was broke financially. That is the truth.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 5:57pm
saynta wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 11:41am

All good. They can support Freo and Rossy if they want. One of the main reasons he left for Freo is because he was broke financially. That is the truth.
And morally bankrupt to boot.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 6:30pm Apologies for this trivia, it's a function of an unhealthy pathological dislike for R. Lyon. Has he dyed his hair and or is wearing a toupee? Just watching Freo v Collingwood. If so Ross I salute your rejection of total defence/march of time and the embracing the shallow cosmetics and young ideas- not that anyone would suggest Rossy has an ego.
Better than when he went through his blond period.