Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle

Appeal!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The competition is rigged against teams like us.

We are the league’s scapegoat.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
older saint
SS Life Member

i expected a week once he was concussed. Even Dimma said after the game it was an accident and didn't expect anything from it.

Michael Christian ( aka mouth piece for the AFL) has moved the goal posts more than the old panel . Look at some of the previous decisions now show we have even less idea than before - You now can bump and accidentally get someone in the head , smash their face and thats ok. You cannot tackle hard if you are bigger as you might hurt someone. You might be able to touch an umpire but just don't admit to doing it. You can charge at a guy with his head over the ball and you will be ok if you dont hurt the guy, despite the fact if you are a little off you could paralyse them!

I now have NFI

realdeal
Club Player

Poor Carlisle cops the rough end everytime..

- Last year against Calton, injured on the ground, he cops an earful. Carlisle gives it back. The club apologises to opposition player.

- Carlisle in position to take a game winning mark. Yes he shouldve taken it cleanly but he was still taken over the shoulder. No free kick. The club says nothing.

- Carlisle in a contest on the ground against Fremantle. Along comes Fyfe, who proceeds to knee him in the head without taking any evasive action. Carlisle misses a game through concussion and Fyfe plays the next week with no consequences.
The clubs says nothing.

- Carlisle goes to spoil Reiwoldt in a marking contest. Only just missed contact with the ball. Does get Reiwoldt high but hardly the worst spoil I've seen. No players or coaches seemed to mind. Carlisle gets 2 weeks.
The club will do nothing.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Hate to say it, but probably lucky to only why get the two weeks.

Why? Because it’s Carlisle and I can’t help but feel the AFL don’t like him since the Murphy incident.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
To the top
SS Life Member

Did I read somewhere that the adjudicator said it appeared that the player was unconscious when he hit the ground?

Why "appeared" or a word meaning the same?

Was the Richmond player stretchered off?

Will he be available to play this week?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I really, really think they should appeal this one.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Think we will.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 5:44pm Really should appeal.

I would not expect him to get off because he still knocked the bloke out. However I would be hoping to get it reduced.

Stand by your player St Kilda. Stop ripping everyone off.
I’d say appeal. If we were Collingwood or Hawthorn we would.

Unlikely we would succeed, but who cares, our season is shot and bottom 3 is just about set in stone, so what do you have to lose?

It’s about time the club stood for more than just being AFL complaint.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
elizabethr
Club Player

Carlisle is a grub.

<warning issued>

ABUSING OR DEMEANING A SAINTS PLAYER, FAMILY OR OFFICIAL RULE

Commenting on the performance of a Saints player / official is allowed. In cases where posters abuse or demean a Saints player / official / or their family, OR casts dispersions on their character and it is deemed by the moderators to be unreasonably offensive and inflammatory, then the moderators (if all moderators agree) can issue a Saintsational warning, or in extreme cases a 1 week ban of the offending poster.

nothing to say
ace
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:49pm Carlisle is a grub.
Yes he is, but he is our grub.
Dustin Martin is a much greater grub but he still won the AFL best and fairest medal, the Brownlow, and a premiership medallion to complement it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He was in mid air when Jack marked the ball. How does he take evasive action? Does he just cannon into Jack and hurt himself in the process? Does he hip and shoulder him instead? No he went for the ball and misjudged it.

Something smells rotten with the AFL and Christian when you can hip and should someone with their head over the ball with no consequences for you.

It was an accident in the play. No 50 metres. Should have been fined at the most.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
To the top
SS Life Member

Found the reference

"appeared to be concussed when he hit the ground"

So if the player was concussed when he hit the ground what happened then?

Wasn't there so only saw streaming coverage

Or was the player stunned and remained off the ground as a precaution?

The measure will be the player's availability this week

Was the Richmond FC approached to provide a medical opinion or is the adjudicators reference to "appeared" the evidence?

To me, and from streaming coverage thru drooping eyes, it appeared incidental and accidental contact which happens

Again to me there was no swinging arm with the contact was the result also of the Richmond players movements with the players coming to the collision from different angles.

That observation aside it remains my view that the AFL is a mockery with a dysfunctional administration more concerned with public image than the game they should be administering as their primary focus

Anyone who speaks is the subject of an AFL response no matter it's relevance to Australian Rules Football

oh when the
Club Player

This will show what kind of Admin we have.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

oh when the wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 5:11am This will show what kind of Admin we have.
I actually don't know why Richo is saying "we thought it should be one week" if you look at that Rance hit a few weeks ago, then this is clearly ZERO weeks too and that is what we should be pushing for, not a reduction.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I noticed that when Michael Christian was explaining the Carslile decision on AFL propaganda dot com, he failed to mention that it was the hit to Jack R's knee that knocked him out. I thought that this would have been a crucial piece of information. Not picked up by the fat little AFL flunky interviewing him either.

I also notice that Christian is now the only member of the revamped MRP, so just maybe the increased workload is impacting his judgement and decision making.

Concerning.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 10:36am I noticed that when Michael Christian was explaining the Carslile decision on AFL propaganda dot com, he failed to mention that it was the hit to Jack R's knee that knocked him out. I thought that this would have been a crucial piece of information. Not picked up by the fat little AFL flunky interviewing him either.

I also notice that Christian is now the only member of the revamped MRP, so just maybe the increased workload is impacting his judgement and decision making.

Concerning.
He probably didn’t mention it because it didn’t happen.

Defend your guy, but use the facts, don’t just invent stuff.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 27 May 2018 10:10am Most likely 1 week unless corruption is involved as per usual.

My Tiger fan mate I went with at the time reckoned a week.
Nail, hammer, head.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 11:55am Saints to contest Carlisle charge
http://m.saints.com.au/news/2018-05-29/ ... .mobileapp
Good they had too.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

At this point it has no costs involved in going to the tribunal in terms of weeks etc - I want to see the club contest any ruling that requires them to put 'them' on the line - ie if the tribunal reduces it from 2 to 1 - I want to see them appeal that decision. The acceptance of the AFL whacking has to stop.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yep , agree again

GO HARD
... just for the 'practice' of it.

although , shot themselves in the foot before even starting
Lethlean banging on about 'no cost' and now Richo banging on about 1 week

like ... exasperated

there's no invites to Mensa turning up in the Linton St postbox thats for Shirley.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

A wasted $10,000. He realised he couldn't make the contest, took his eye off the ball and swung with his arm. It was at least careless.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 9:13am
oh when the wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 5:11am This will show what kind of Admin we have.
I actually don't know why Richo is saying "we thought it should be one week" if you look at that Rance hit a few weeks ago, then this is clearly ZERO weeks too and that is what we should be pushing for, not a reduction.
I agree, he's using the precedent of Caddy's hit on McKay in R5 where he got a week, where as we should be referring to the Rance hit in Sicily, which was an intentional and malicious version of Carlisle spoil and only attracted a fine! Geez, use the freakin' precedent of Fyfe kneeing Jake in the head, wasn't there 'no reasonable course to avoid' (except for not running into a ground level contest standing upright and running straight at a prone player's head) in that case?

In addition to precedence, I assume Christian has medical evidence Riewoldt was KO'd in the air, or was this just a good guess? The jolt when he lands on his bum would be the most likely cause of concussion, as opposed to an errant forearm. No swinging motion from Jake and no remonstration from the Tigers are other points I hope we'll raise instead of saying "please can we have a one week reduction" and "...here's the pineapple".

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Contesting that is ridiculous. What you’d expect from this admin
Took his eyes off he ball and clotheslined him.
Ridiculous.
FFS